by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 07:28:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L5 GT Classic Cup Zolder: April 10, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 5 GT Classic Fun Race - Zolder - April 10th  (Read 16923 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2008, 10:08:35 PM +0100 »

I apologise for the shambles tonight, totally my fault. I presumed that this track was ok as it had been used before and I really should have checked it. Really beginning to doubt if have the attention to detail thats required of this post.

Dont be silly Ian, i only can say thank you for all your effort and for your time, allowing we to have
these great nights  Kiss

Cheers mate
I would like to add my name to these comments. You are totally blameless. You listening?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2008, 10:09:22 PM +0100 »

OK, any thoughts on how we want the results for tonight?

option 1: Fun race
option 2: Championship result from Zolder

I hate Zolder so lets call it a champ race and get it out of the way
Option 2 please

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Minton
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2008, 10:09:54 PM +0100 »

Dosent matter to me mate, but im sure the guys who are fighting for postions in the champioship will want points.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2008, 10:10:36 PM +0100 »

OK, any thoughts on how we want the results for tonight?

option 1: Fun race
option 2: Championship result from Zolder

I think it's got to be next week's Zolder championship race, just happened a week early.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Sandor M

I am a gentleman driver

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:06 PM +0100 »

GDC Strikesssshh AGAIN: I beleive we've finished 17th and 19th .. huurraaahhh  Wink

Now off the the pub to celebrate !!

Let's start with a gente single malt whisky and see where we end   Grin
Great race from your side , grats
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:50 PM +0100 »

No problem calling it the next week champ race.....except importing the results etc...and where to put them (dont be rude) is a little beyond my mental capacity tonight.

So results and replays will be a little later than normal but will appear at some time.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mike Wrightson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24:29 PM +0100 »

Heh, most fun track-learning exercise ever Grin

What possessed me to use the Mustang I will never know  Roll Eyes, and as a result qualified waaaay down at the back, but had some good fun racing trying to get up the field.  I gained places as a result of attrition more than anything, but did manage overtake one car LOL.  I knew roughly where the track went, but the Mustang was definately not the best choice to learn the place in, so I was having to learn the track AND the car  Shocked

I'd lean towards calling this a fun race as people were unprepared for it, but I don't really mind either way, I'm racing for the fun of it.

Team Shark!
Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26:44 PM +0100 »

Laurie,

I know you're only trying to be helpful (including to me tonight) with your 'go left', 'go right messages' but they're very distracting. They're also against the rules:

Only players acting as race control are permitted to use typed chat message during Qualifying 2 and the Race. Such messages will be prefixed with "ADMIN", and any instructions issued in this way must be followed by all drivers.

In any case, they're not necessary. Just stick to the racing line and the car behind will find its way round you. And yes, I know I broke the very rule I'm quoting, but after nearly stuffing it into the wall at the chicane I was trying to make you aware of the problem.

Thanks again for your considerate driving.

Phil
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:47:48 PM +0100 by Phil Gilliland » Logged
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2008, 10:40:47 PM +0100 »

Laurie,

I know you're only trying to be helpful (including to me tonight) with your 'go left', 'go right messages' but they're very distracting. They're also against the rules:

Only players acting as race control are permitted to use typed chat message during Qualifying 2 and the Race. Such messages will be prefixed with "ADMIN", and any instructions issued in this way must be followed by all drivers.

In any case, they're not necessary. Just stick to the racing line and the car behind will find its way round you. And yes, I know I broke the very rule I'm quoting, but after nearly stuffing it into the wall at the chicane I thought a reminder of the rule was in order.

Thanks again for your considerate driving.

Phil
  Yes thanks for that Phil i was doing OK with the go left 'n' right ones then a new one came up and stupid me goes and reads it  Cheesy then promptly drives off track oops losing a place  Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:44:58 PM +0100 by Ade » Logged

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2008, 11:42:04 PM +0100 »

Interesting race from my cockpit but I must apologise for my warp/lag - I had no idea as it was all fine for me (around 100ms). I'm going to figure out what this is before next race for sure. Maybe new ISP time as I may have been migrated to Tiscali's lower grade service from Nildram sneakily.

Great battle with JR all the way. Incredibly hard figuring out a way past. Wherever I had a big advantage (i.e. the slow chicane) there was just no way through. Got out ahead a couple of times but the next straight let him power back by Smiley

Eventally, with 2 laps to go and his tyres suffering, I figured a different line into the slow chicane and managed to get enough breathing room before the hairpin so he couldnt catch me at the last chicane, and just kept ahead at T1 then I managed to break away around the next series of bends but had to push like crazy in that penultimate lap to make sure. Great race Cheesy

Dan - I'm sorry if you feel I took you out as "revenge" as you seem to be implying but I can assure you it was not that at all. From my view you just moved over to the left before I had started steering right going into the hairpin where I was outbraking you on the outside, and you clipped me and just veered straight off :-(   Probably my 'fault' for having lag but there is no way I would do that to you (or anyone) on purpose :/

Well done to the SR boys for rescuing the evening Wink

Oh, and I shout for making it a point scoring race Grin  (don't mind either way, honest lol)
Minton
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2008, 11:53:29 PM +0100 »

Dan - I'm sorry if you feel I took you out as "revenge" as you seem to be implying but I can assure you it was not that at all. From my view you just moved over to the left before I had started steering right going into the hairpin where I was outbraking you on the outside, and you clipped me and just veered straight off :-(   Probably my 'fault' for having lag but there is no way I would do that to you (or anyone) on purpose :/

That was just my feeling after the race havnt even watched the replay..as i said i thought i might have clipped you the lap before when i got passed which gave me the feeling that you might have felt a bit agrieved.. should have looked at the replay first before i said anything i know your a fair driver. Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:56 AM +0100 »

This means the Zolder results (for tonight) can be found in the Zolder thread. Where I think Gizmo is going to have to do some more jiggery pokery behind the scenes because the game's exports seem to have DQ'd Ruskus when he actually finished 2nd.

Huh I didn't do anything weird this time  Lips Sealed. Although I saw my car roll on the monitor and the FFB was still active.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2008, 08:40:11 AM +0100 »

Thanks for that Simon Smiley

Maybe I'm going against the grain somewhat but I don't think results from Zolder should count towards championship. I don't think its fair that some were clearly better prepared, by either racing there before or getting in some early practice, than others and hence perhaps bettered their finishing position by luck, through no fault of their own of course. I'm prolly excluding the gents up front who are always there no matter what, but I can't help but think the midfield positions were decided by those who have done some work at Zolder before, as luckily I had done.

I'd say make last night a fun race and we will either add an extra event, to bring championship back to 10 or leave it at 9. Its not that tricky to re-arrange things a way down the line Smiley However, I'm happy to go along with the majority.

Appreciate the support and respectful reaction to last night gents Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2008, 08:43:43 AM +0100 »

I was on my Hols when the original Zolder was planned to take place. Hence I did exactly zero preperation and was also extremely happy to miss this circuit which I loath.
So I raced last night with no setup, practise etc. But I do want this counted as a champ race cos If I never race here again it'l be too soon.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:21 AM +0100 »

I also don't think Zolder results should count. I was there last night, and my understanding was that the replacement race was just a fun race, and that's why I didn't race. If I had known it would count towards championship I'd have stayed. But from the chat it looked pretty clear that it was going to be a fun race, and even when it was agreed it would be Zolder, it was still as just a test.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com