by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 11:18:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L5 GT Classic Cup Zolder: April 10, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 5 GT Classic Fun Race - Zolder - April 10th  (Read 16936 times)
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2008, 09:03:49 AM +0100 »

Without wanting it to go to your heads...felt I should echo that you guys have put together a great track line-up and are doing a great job..no question. If you were earning what Bernie Ecclestone does I might have a word to say but bottom line is that its just for fun  Wink

I couldn't get in again yesterday though and wonder if anyones got any ideas before I go back to me Gameboy or wotever we're on these days ??

You've all experienced what happens to me every time, as its exactly like when the track limit was reached. You click on the track (in lobby), enter a pwd and then it waits for 5-10 secs and just throws you back into the lobby.

Over the weekend I reinstalled Windows, and put back on literally only GTL (+update) and the SROU packs. I joined the server yesterday at half six to make sure I had time to sort any probs and joined fine. I did quite a few laps in both unofficial practice and qually sessions with Pseudo, Tony and others but after leaving it on monitor with SBG hustling the Falcon around while I got some food, the thing froze completely. It's almost as if when certain people join, it kicks me out...permanently. When I tried to rejoin the server the above happens and there's no way back.

Tried extending lobby timeout values, changing ports I connect on, checking firewalls, rebooting numerous times, reinstalling GTL from scratch AGAIN, creating new and different profiles you name it.

Has anything changed on the SROU server that could be causing me these issues do you think? Odd as 28 of you managed ok but I do seem to be able to race on other servers without any issues.

I want to get a new PC but i'm not even convinced that'll sort it which is worrying if I want to do a league race again  Embarrassed

Ideas welcome!!!

P.s - I'd obviously rather last night's race was just a fun one and not league.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:08:29 AM +0100 by mr_oily » Logged
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:48 AM +0100 »

I disagree. In fact at one stage sbg said " remember this is a leaguey (sic) thing so the usual rules apply"
Can't see the point in doing it all again. Let's all remember - it's only a game. Anyone wanting the points can have my meagre haul, I'll never win a championship anyway.lol

TC
Minton
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2008, 09:14:31 AM +0100 »

Had a look at the replay ...i did come across a little bit before i turned in so you couldnt really go anywhere  Bara.  You only warping quite bad when i tried to pass you at the same corner a lap before and looking at the replay i hit you a couple of times sorry for that. 
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2008, 09:31:14 AM +0100 »

I disagree. In fact at one stage sbg said " remember this is a leaguey (sic) thing so the usual rules apply"

To be fair I did say that, to prevent any silliness and without being sure of where exactly we were going, but only when on server for Zolder race. Some, like Syd, may have presumed that any event would have been a fun type event from chat in lobby. An understandable view I think.

Its not a points issue, thats of secondary importance to most of us I hope, but one of fairness I think. No one is suggesting we do Zolder race again but I really feel that a proper replacment venue/event is the way to go?

LigelC

EGO sum tantum hic pro beer

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:06 AM +0100 »

Laurie,
I know you're only trying to be helpful (including to me tonight) with your 'go left', 'go right messages' but they're very distracting. They're also against the rules:
Phil

Phil and everyone, else please accept my apology - the last thing I want is to screw up anyones race.  I, obviously mistakenly, thought it was expected of me and even reconfigured my wheel buttons to allow me to send the messages.  Be assured I wont do it next time and thank you for pointing it out.  If anyone has any comment about my driving and/or behavior (other than I'm too slow  Embarrassed) please do not hesitate to do so.

Laurie

victor est non panton , res illic est
(winning isn't everything, being there is)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2008, 10:03:32 AM +0100 »

Thanks for that Laurie Smiley Your driving standards have been very good from what I've seen. And certainly good enough to make those little chat instructions unnecessary, as Phil said.

With all the aggravation, I almost forgot the fun I had around here last night. Thanks to Phil, Bernie and Tinman for some nice action. Apologies to Bernie for incident, not sure what happened but I meant no malice and nor did you. I got turned on my roof for all the right reasons Wink.

baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2008, 10:10:57 AM +0100 »

Had a look at the replay ...i did come across a little bit before i turned in so you couldnt really go anywhere  Bara.  You only warping quite bad when i tried to pass you at the same corner a lap before and looking at the replay i hit you a couple of times sorry for that. 

That's alright mate. I didn't mind the lap before, it was the suggestion that I took you out on purpose that grated. I can pass you without removing you from the race if I wanted to ;P
No hard feelings Wink
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:51 AM +0100 »

Its not a points issue, thats of secondary importance to most of us I hope, but one of fairness I think. No one is suggesting we do Zolder race again but I really feel that a proper replacment venue/event is the way to go?

I think you are right too. Not fair on people that practiced for the Cadwell race to be thrown in the deep end like that - and for Syd's misunderstanding he shouldn't miss out either. So we just gotta choose and extra track now... Cheesy
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2008, 10:28:57 AM +0100 »

Loch Rannoch! Place is insane.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2008, 10:40:19 AM +0100 »

Interesting race from my cockpit but I must apologise for my warp/lag - I had no idea as it was all fine for me (around 100ms). I'm going to figure out what this is before next race for sure. Maybe new ISP time as I may have been migrated to Tiscali's lower grade service from Nildram sneakily.

There are quite a few refugees from Nildram appearing on IDNet at the moment. I'm surprised you aren't seeing problems at your end though - after they migrated me I couldn't stay connected for any length of time.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2008, 10:49:23 AM +0100 »

If anyone has any comment about my driving and/or behavior (other than I'm too slow  Embarrassed) please do not hesitate to do so.

As a fellow-backmarker (yes, on of those blue Alfa's was me) I just want to add that you can flash your lights when being lapped. The overtakees then know you have seen them and won't make any rash moves  Wink

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2008, 10:57:24 AM +0100 »

Gotta say that was a great job by Dave and co to get us up and running with a race and even get us back on the right start time.  thumbup2 That's why I love SRouk, most other places would probably say 'track doesn't work, everyone go home!'  But a little chat debate and we had ourselves a good race.   Cool

Shame its gonna be a fun one, after doing all the practice for it a few weeks ago I was prepared for Zolder, but I completely understand as people did miss out.  At least no-one's suggesting doing Zolder again, not my favourite track trying to work out how to take the chicanes in a legal manner!!   Undecided

But for a track I don't much like I had some superb close racing with Bernie (such a shame you spun) and later with Keith and PR, brilliant stuff.  Great driving from cars being lapped too, Sandor was particularly helpful, but everyone was considerate.

As for Ian beating yourself up, c'mon, look at the flippin' grid size, are we all loving the series?   Smiley

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:51 AM +0100 »

Thanks to all involved for setting up a replacement race. Shame we couldn't do Cadwell, but no ones fault. Did quite well even though I don't like Zolder much. Had a good battle with Ossie early on until he spun at the first chicane & later a good dice with PR who managed to win our battle for 4th  clap

I'll go with the flow on wether it's a points race or not.

Good fun guys, cya all next week
Geoffers
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2008, 12:10:50 PM +0100 »

After much discussion behind the scenes it has been decided that this will be classed as a fun race.

We can see value in the arguements for and against. However, we don't want to see my cock up have any say in final championship standings, which it will have if we let this race stand. That would be grossly unfair and devalue what is an important, if fun, championship to fight for.

Another event will be organised to replace this one. It won't be at Zolder but its likely to have same car choice. Again, thanks for your understanding  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:31:14 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2008, 12:13:05 PM +0100 »

After much discussion behind the scenes it has been decided that this will be classed as a fun race.

We can see value in the arguements for and against. However, we don't want to see my cock up have any say in final championship standings, which they will have if we let this race stand. That would be grossly unfair and devalue what is an important, if fun, championship to fight for.

Another event will be organised to replace this one. It won't be at Zolder but its likely to have same car choice. Again, thanks for your understanding  Smiley
That seems to be the best decision to make.  thumbup2
and no we dont want to see your cock, thanks very much

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com