by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:50:06 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L5 GT Classic Cup Zolder: April 10, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 5 GT Classic Fun Race - Zolder - April 10th  (Read 16623 times)
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:25 PM +0100 »

laugh

I enjoyed that race, but i still took the Mustang, and i still have not learnt that i can't drive it for more than 10 laps without spinning it when the tyres start to go.

Always expect the Unexpected - good race for an unplanned session - im loving the Grid sizes we are getting now - remember a few season's ago when we were stuggling to make double figures?

Thanks guys for sorting the races, and for trying new things aswell - if we didn't try different tracks & cars, then i'm sure most of us would be moaning to do so anyway!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2008, 12:27:04 PM +0100 »

That seems to be the best decision to make.  thumbup2
and no we dont want to see your cock, thanks very much

And especially not up lol
will16v

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:14 PM +0100 »

laugh

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2008, 12:52:07 PM +0100 »

Being that i got friggin discoed on the start line i am glad its declared a fun race.
Could anyone see me on grid? i was 16th in the mini. I could see everyone until about 1m past the word 'Go' then the whole grid vanished. I kept going expecting you all to re-appear in a second but nobody did.  :'(
Was my car ghosted on the grid ?

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:09 PM +0100 »

I was next in line and I didn't notice any probs with anyone.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2008, 01:07:59 PM +0100 »

Being that i got friggin discoed on the start line i am glad its declared a fun race.
Could anyone see me on grid? i was 16th in the mini. I could see everyone until about 1m past the word 'Go' then the whole grid vanished. I kept going expecting you all to re-appear in a second but nobody did.  :'(

Yep, I had to swerve to avoid it. Shocked
Sandor M

I am a gentleman driver

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2008, 01:28:59 PM +0100 »

Same for me  Cheesy
will16v

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2008, 01:51:19 PM +0100 »

I think i saw it on the grid, then it vanished whilst i was still in 1st gear - unlucky Mark... Undecided

Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2008, 02:24:26 PM +0100 »

If anyone has any comment about my driving and/or behavior (other than I'm too slow  Embarrassed) please do not hesitate to do so.

Yes, I have a comment Laurie - your driving is absolutely fine. Testament to this is the fact that you finish! Too slow? Not at all. A variety of speeds on the track keeps the races interesting. Nice to see you here.

Phil
Minton
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2008, 03:41:07 PM +0100 »

I can pass you without removing you from the race if I wanted to ;P

Yeah i know!! Cheesy
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2008, 03:55:01 PM +0100 »

A group of  cars  vanished for me after the start  Huh but luckily they all came back before the first corner  Shocked

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2008, 04:20:35 PM +0100 »

Great race guys really enjoyed it!
Can I add my praise to those involved in getting us a race at all last night!?
Gutted it's not going to be a league race as I did quite well!.... for me!! With that monster Falcon!!
Fully understand the decision so no arguments here! Smiley
Dave, did see you coming up the side of me before one of the last turns but then lost sight of you and then
you were spinning in front of me! Havn't seen the replay so not sure if I was in error! Sorry! just in case! Smiley

Please can we have another circuit where I can try the Falcon !? that is not too twisty!?  Wink
That lolloping barge of a car is sooo much fun!!

M.

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2008, 06:46:27 PM +0100 »

I just want to give my thanks to everyone who managed to sort out the problems and get the server changed in super quick time so that we all could race somewhere. Well done all.

Though it was just me who saw the irony in it?

Err well it wasnt an auspicous first race with you guys as i'd dreamed! It takes a while for me to get the hang of a track so really struggled getting the hang of it. Though i went the wrong way on the diff which meant i couldnt catch it into the last chicane under heavy braking during qualifying. Then i was caught out by how quickly the race began, I suddenly saw the 1 in the corner of the screen counting down and quickly hit the 'drive' button. This meant i had to pit after the first lap to fill up with fuel but i ended up hitting Mark's stationary car on the start which damaged my suspension.
Managed to get some laps in before letting most people through and tried not get in peoples way even though i'm a lap down. I just got a bit nervous with the leaders coming passed again and got the car sliding out of the last chicane a bit toooo much and spun and had to jump ship quickly as they were right on me. Sorry guys.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2008, 07:13:30 PM +0100 »

JR's position now corrected. I'm a bit concerned by the fact that we've had two weird results problems in rapid succession with GTL - in this case, JR's car appears to jump into a pit or something the moment he crosses the line; quite why that should result in a DQ I've no idea!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2008, 07:20:00 PM +0100 »

JR's position now corrected. I'm a bit concerned by the fact that we've had two weird results problems in rapid succession with GTL - in this case, JR's car appears to jump into a pit or something the moment he crosses the line; quite why that should result in a DQ I've no idea!

Speeding in the pit lane? Huh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com