The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 08:38:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Race Driver:GRID includes Lemans 24h race  (Read 14232 times)
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 07:19:19 AM +0100 »

After trying the BMW I stopped playing it. The Mustang was fine, but the BMW was too sensitive on the steering and it steered with the rear wheels.

Naturally I was racing the BMW - I was using the Microsoft steering wheel

I would break my wrists before being able to control that car :|
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 04:54:41 PM +0100 »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=142296&page=3

9/10  Shocked
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 08:12:57 AM +0100 »

l
o
l

I don't trust gaming sites, especially after that dibocal when the one editor got fired for giving Kane and Lynch to low of a score (They had a large paid-for ad campaign on the site he worked for)
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 02:35:14 PM +0100 »

That has to be a mis-print! There's no way that game can score so highly.

The demo I downloaded for the PS3 was shocking. The touring cars handle, well, nothing like anything with 4 wheels.
Poddy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2008, 04:15:27 PM +0100 »

I'm gonna go against the tide here and say that I actually really enjoyed Grid. Sure it may not be very realistic, but that's not really what Codemasters said they were aiming for. I prefer Sims over Arcade racing games any day, but that doesn't mean I don't like to just turn my brain off and smash some (very pretty) cars into walls/other cars/tyres/more walls. I keep playing the demo again and again, purely because it's fun, nothing more and nothing less. Sadly the Sim-Racing market is a somewhat niche one, and not everyone craves absolute realism, so I think 9/10 is a pretty reasonable score, and I'll definately be picking it up Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:16 PM +0100 »

I tried the full version and I also quite enjoy it  Embarrassed. I play with a gamepad and TC on, which makes it driveable, and it will be the only racing I'll get in months Grin
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2008, 05:59:18 PM +0100 »

I'm gonna go against the tide here and say that I actually really enjoyed Grid. Sure it may not be very realistic, but that's not really what Codemasters said they were aiming for. I prefer Sims over Arcade racing games any day, but that doesn't mean I don't like to just turn my brain off and smash some (very pretty) cars into walls/other cars/tyres/more walls. I keep playing the demo again and again, purely because it's fun, nothing more and nothing less. Sadly the Sim-Racing market is a somewhat niche one, and not everyone craves absolute realism, so I think 9/10 is a pretty reasonable score, and I'll definately be picking it up Smiley

I have the same general opinion, but I felt the handling of the BMW to be a bit handful for an average arcade gamer. In my opinion, you should be able to control it with digital controllers like keyboard or pad. I feel the BMW is to sensitive to be controlled with any of those, but that might be just a controller setup thingy.

Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 03:09:56 AM +0100 »

I have the same general opinion, but I felt the handling of the BMW to be a bit handful for an average arcade gamer. In my opinion, you should be able to control it with digital controllers like keyboard or pad. I feel the BMW is to sensitive to be controlled with any of those, but that might be just a controller setup thingy.

No, it's the game. When I switched to Team Orange and whatever the one with the Rustang was, they were much easier to handle.

The BMW feels like it doesn't respond at first, then all of a sudden it will pull a complete 90o turn, then kick out the rear end. I was using a wheel for it and spent a good 20 minutes fooling around with the options.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 02:54:55 AM +0100 »

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2008/06/08/Race-Driver-GRID/p1

Another 9/10.....this time from one of my most trusted sites (no pun intended)  Shocked

Obviously it's not a sim (in the same way GT games are not "driving simulators") but I enjoyed Toca 2 back in the day, so maybe this could be fun for a mindless blast about?
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:35 AM +0100 »

I had a shot of it on the xbox and thought it was rather good.  It seemed completely different than it did on Pc when I downloaded the demo.   
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 06:09:48 PM +0100 »

I had another shot of it on the xbox today and I'm really liking it. It was the BMW 3 series I was driving and I thought it was great fun.

It's no sim but the graphics and gameplay was good.

I was given a money off voucher from ebay, so I've bid on a copy for the PC to see how it is.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008, 07:03:50 PM +0100 »

(in the same way GT games are not "driving simulators")

Thank god someone who has an ounce of common sense! We need to raise an army to once and for all to shut GT Fanboi's up.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2008, 08:29:49 PM +0100 »

(in the same way GT games are not "driving simulators")

Thank god someone who has an ounce of common sense! We need to raise an army to once and for all to shut GT Fanboi's up.

I was one...until I played Forza for the first time.

GT: "The Real Driving Simulator" lol
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2008, 02:29:42 PM +0100 »

Has anyone else bought this for their PC yet?

My ebay copy arrived today and to be honest it feels nothing like the xbox version I tried and liked.

Using my G25 it seemed a delay between me steering then something happening. I could not even drive in a straight line, constantly zig zagging all over the track.

I tried to make changes to the controller settings and it was getting no better. I can't drive in a straight line never mind take a corner.

Suddenly I remembered I had a joypad under my bed so I plugged that it.

It was no better!

What am I doing wrong? What setting do you use to make the car driveable?
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 12:03:06 PM +0100 »

I take nobody else bought the game?

There is now a patch available from the racedriver grid website to fix some issues. It's 188MB.

I've downloaded and installed it but not yet tried it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com