Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 12:04:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U7 Mugello: March 23, 2008
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR skin pack 2.7.5.0 and track test - Mugello (GP) - Mar 23  (Read 11204 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:25:35 PM +0000 »

Practice 1:20:00(35 mins)
Qual 2:20:35(20 mins)
Warmup:20:55(5 mins)
Race:21:00(60 minutes)

Cars allowed: any from the 2.7.5.0 skin pack (download from here)
Weather: dry
Track: Mugello - download from here
Race Start Time 14:00, rolling start
Pit Stops: one mandatory stop; no work has to be done on the car but you must see the pit crew worksheet come up (this is part of the track test so please don't skimp!)

Server: UKGTR Mugello & New Skins
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules - especially the speed limiter starting procedure and the rules about in-game chat messages.
(2) You will not be able to join the server without the skin and ballast pack and the track (see links above).
(3) Drivers are reminded that they must select ISDN as their bandwidth, otherwise the stability of everyone's connection will be reduced.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:26:01 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:53:42 PM +0000 »

Luvverly track Smiley Gonna beat the MC12 until it pops again if a few GT1 gents turn out. 

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:17:07 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend.  :'(

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:26:24 PM +0000 »

Skin pack 2.7.5.0 now available - link above.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:12:09 PM +0000 »

I'll try and make an appearance - totally missed the skin pack deadline though  Roll Eyes

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 07:53:06 PM +0000 »

What cars are you lot taking? Not sure whether to try a GT3 or something or stay in GT1.....

Oh well, see who joins Tongue
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:44:56 PM +0000 »

Hope you guys have a good one.     The draw of Glasgow for a night out with monday off was too strong!
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:19:57 PM +0000 »

Bummer lost connection on lap 2 Angry Angry Hope you guys had a good one ,great track

Jan
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 09:29:40 PM +0000 »

Missed it due to 'moaning other half' episode laugh - sorry guys.

Stewprovo

Team Kerb Crawlers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 10:14:30 PM +0000 »

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! taz censored censored censored censored taz

Running 3rd, 2/3 round last lap. Get 2 sec warp, in gravel, finnish 5th.

Oh well. At least I've found a GT1 car I can be nearly competative in. rockon

Gratz to winners & podiums, see you all next week-end. thumbup2

Awesome track, must use again.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:20:51 PM +0000 by Stewprovo » Logged

' I'm much, much faster on 2 wheels...honest! '
' I might ride it like I stole it, but it really is mine officer! '
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 10:14:56 PM +0000 »

Skins worked great for me. Nice work all Smiley

Its a shame I made my GT1 choice after testing here at start of season. The MC12 feels great around here, even in race setup, and has to be the choice around Mugello. Unfortunately, I've since learnt that its sucks at most other tracks whistling

Nice little race and good standards from all. Ta. We should definitely use this track for main season, if only to placate the Maserati drivers Wink
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:21:44 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 10:16:45 PM +0000 »

what a brilliant race that was !  better than many league races weve had for pure race action and drama  Cool

Had superb battles all race long with several different drivers and car types.

Even my pitstop went smoothly!...well almost  Roll Eyes my last minute cobbled together race setup obviously had some fuel shown for stop 1 as the pit guys topped me up again when all i wanted was fuel  Sad

Drove like a demon after my stop to close on the two verts of Pops and Ade taking a couple of secs a lap out of them. Then when i closed right up on Ade with only two laps to go, all the flaming GT1 cars came around to lap having their own close fight and it totally ruined my assault on Ades vert on about 3 occasions just when he was there for the taking on some of the straights. :'(  Not the GT1 drivers fault at all, just them battling hard whilst we battled hard and we all got in each others way.

Amazing finale but wish i could have got my two places back from the stop. Had great battles with Jan (before his unlucky disco), Evert Blommert for ages, Prib and then the two verts.

Awesome track and great for racing  Kiss

Prof
Race Court Chief Whip
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 10:23:44 PM +0000 »

Well I could see all the skins and the track is fine. Perhaps my new Shark skin is invisible given some lapping efforts which left my Vertigo in the barriers more than once ....  Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:34:39 PM +0000 by Prof » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 10:26:01 PM +0000 »

Replay and Provisional Results posted

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 10:30:45 PM +0000 »

What a hoot that was Grin

I think I grabbed GTC pole only to get out-muscled by the 3 GT3's to quickly drop me down to 4th when I clipped a stationary car (Jan I think) going into T1 and sending me into the gravel losing about 30s and dropping me to last place. I came very close to quitting at that point!

I slowly picked up a few places at the rear of the field and was making steady progress when I pitted just after half way, I then had a situation I hadn't come across when Ade and I attempted to leave the pits at the same time and tried to let each other go in front a few times... "After you", " No, after YOU!" lol. Eventually Ade out-insisted me and we took off for the 2nd half of the race.

It turned out Ade was a bit quicker but I wasn't feeling too generous and contested it every inch of the way, it was a great battle. I seemed to come off the better in traffic but Ade came back strongly each time. I think he had only one genuine passing opportunity which very nearly came off but resulted in some contact which Ade very decently conceded the position back to me.

After a bit of lapping shenanigans I pulled a very small gap when MJ joined the party (late as usual Wink) and Ade had a few things of his own to worry about which made the last few laps a little easier. Great drive Ade, it was a real pleasure clap

I had quite a few dicey moments with certain GT's, I hope the practice we all had comes in useful for the Upper Endurance race  Undecided

Legends Racing simracing team
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com