Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:54:39 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U7 Mugello: March 23, 2008
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR skin pack 2.7.5.0 and track test - Mugello (GP) - Mar 23  (Read 10960 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 02:37:31 PM +0000 »

Hehe, nice to see the friendly taunting  Grin

My opinion is that it would be a shame to change this track now. The less experienced drivers such as my self can tell that we will need to use extra caution here. We dont want to end up missing out on tracks just because it will be harder to let overlapping cars past. I would end up feeling partly responsible and some people clearly enjoy this track. However as an newbie i cant see all potential elements to take into consideration, I am just saying it how I see it.  Smiley

Also the results table above shows me as using Pirellis but I used Michelins, other than that i saw no testing issues.

What do other drivers think are the best places to overlap?

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 04:16:05 PM +0000 »

What do other drivers think are the best places to overlap?

Considering that there is roughly an 200 Hp difference between a GT and GTC i would say even in my backdoor alley Grin

Jan
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 04:35:51 PM +0000 »

Absolutely anywhere they like  Grin......usually  Wink

But really though, anywhere the driver thinks is an opportunity to pass, providing it can be done safely and without making the slower car move off line or slow down too much to avoid a collision. which is quite a common occurance for me, especially when the GT1 makes a pretty late move on braking into a corner.

IMO, a GT1 should only pass on a straight providing they would have enough time to be capable of moving back to the racing line before the braking zone, or when 'flashed' to pass by the GTC driver. This would avoid some of the 'Is he / Isn't he' type scenarios which are bad for both drivers.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 05:06:33 PM +0000 »

Also the results table above shows me as using Pirellis but I used Michelins, other than that i saw no testing issues.

Some of the Listers have been mapped wrong too.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 05:20:48 PM +0000 »

IMO, a GT1 should only pass on a straight providing they would have enough time to be capable of moving back to the racing line before the braking zone, or when 'flashed' to pass by the GTC driver. This would avoid some of the 'Is he / Isn't he' type scenarios which are bad for both drivers.

As far as I'm concerned, the lapping driver can pass wherever he can make a fair pass stick - in other words, getting decent overlap before turn-in. It isn't going to work otherwise IMO - a GT1 who is as polite as you suggest might have someone behind him who will stick it down the inside anyway while his opponent waits behind you. The only thing that isn't on is to dive down the inside so late that the lapped car has to stay wide to avoid an accident, and this does happen sometimes in my experience.

As a dyed-in-the-wool GTC driver, I see it as part of the skill of mixed class racing to let the GT1s past at the best place for me, and that doesn't always mean the latest time. If I force a GT1 to pass down the inside into a corner then I tighten his line and slow his exit, and this may well compromise mine. An earlier lift might be a better solution, although it will depend on the circumstances (have I got another GTC right behind?).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com