The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 10:08:19 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR Evo release: August 28, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Evolution  (Read 20373 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2008, 08:05:40 PM +0000 »

Ok if you've only got the Steam version installed where on earth do I put this?

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2008, 09:17:35 PM +0000 »

Yeah it's not obvious by any means! The path for me is...

C:\STEAM\SteamApps\mr_oily\race 07\GameData\Locations
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2008, 09:58:09 PM +0000 »

Thanks I'll try that. Found all sorts of references to extra folders and the like so gave up after downloading a track with an installer that putit somewhere brand new  Undecided

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2008, 05:56:04 PM +0000 »

Installed and raced, 57.499 in 5 laps in the Radical I think goes to show how far off from real this version is  Sad

Not sure of real lap record for the radicals but it'll be over 60 secs. The Bobbies chicane (2nd one) is flat. I am a driving god if I could really do that. Shame. Thanks for making it easy for me to try Mr_Oily sir.

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2008, 01:29:26 PM +0000 »

Doh. Ah well, at least you know now.

Never been that convinced by the Radicals tbh but in any case I know the second chicane at CC requires the mere suggestion of a lift in the 87 Beemer, so I'm guessing that's not accurate either. Really don't know this track well at all - aside from watching the BTCC circus when it goes there.

Going to mention this on the off-chance, GTRE felt different the other night to my first go, there was a fairly hefty dead zone on my accelerator and the handling was like it had driving aids on (it didn't I checked). I'm not sure if my G25 profile's been messed up or something but it didn't feel good. Even the FBMW's felt dodgy, i could max out the revs in 1st, side step the clutch and the wheels would spin a bit but no hint of pirouetting as you'd expect normally.

Will try again and hope it's back to normal but it really was like a different game! Anyone else seen this  Huh
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2008, 02:28:15 PM +0000 »

Really don't know this track well at all - aside from watching the BTCC circus when it goes there.

Sadly the BTCC has get to get to Combe. The F3/British GTs came for 3 or 4 years before some NIMBYs decided they were disturbed for 2 days a year  Angry

Quick lap in a Westfield for you. It's the second chicane that is just so wrong. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BZBw9_0krnA

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2008, 09:30:17 AM +0000 »

Ah what a wally,  yes must've been the GT's I was thinking of!

Great vid but yes I see what you mean, they didn't quite get the dimensions right on the chicane did they, the Evo version's sort of stretched!?
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2008, 01:41:45 PM +0000 »

I've got a dumb question to ask - how do I make and save a setup that I can access at all tracks?  Seems as though every single time I go to a new track, I have to slowly click my way through the track filter (which has a built in 3-seconds pause in responding on my PC  Sad) to find one I created earlier, then painfully click my way back to the current track and save it.  With loads of Weisbierbude tracks that takes a really long time to get to my Anderstorp setup from Oschershleben.

I've tried marking the (e.g.) Anderstorp setup as favourite but it doesn't show up on other tracks.

In GTL/GTR2 I have a basic setup for each car in 'Common' which I load every time I go to a new track and tweak it from there.  The Evo way is painfully clunky, surely there's a better way?

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2008, 01:55:59 PM +0000 »

In GTL/GTR2 I have a basic setup for each car in 'Common' which I load every time I go to a new track and tweak it from there. 

Good thinking that man

As you can probably tell, I've only ever known clunky. You've shown me the light.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com