Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:53:18 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S15Dc Rouen: April 27, 2008
April 27, 2008, 09:13:23 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 15 (2008) Clubmans
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Burtoner
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 3 +2.015
121.869mph
1 37:05.446
118.400mph
18 2:02.130
119.860mph
Firestone  
Bully
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 5 +2.630
121.248mph
2 +5.230
118.123mph
18 2:01.259
120.721mph
Goodyear  
Ben "Welling" Summers
 Phoenix Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +15.130
109.872mph
3 +5.927
118.086mph
18 2:00.479
121.503mph
Firestone  
Art
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 1 1:58.102
123.948mph
4 +9.913
117.875mph
18 1:58.406
123.630mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 7 +2.844
121.033mph
5 +31.289
116.759mph
18 2:00.106
121.880mph
Firestone  
Michael Turner

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 9 +6.224
117.743mph
6 (+1) +1:06.027
114.989mph
18 2:02.123
119.867mph
Goodyear  
batestfastard
 BCF Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 2 +1.513
122.380mph
7 +1:27.190
113.936mph
18 1:58.646
123.380mph
Goodyear  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 10 +9.476
114.742mph
8 +1L
107.294mph
17 2:08.008
114.356mph
Firestone  
Tim Robey

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 4 +2.595
121.283mph
9 +5L
111.881mph
13 2:01.045
120.934mph
Disco
Firestone  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 6 +2.825
121.052mph
10 +14L
115.323mph
4 2:03.825
118.219mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Ian Stanley
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 8 +3.125
120.753mph
11 +0.430
115.226mph
4 2:02.663
119.339mph
Disco
Goodyear  
3 UKGPL67

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Burt continues to build upon good performance in previous race to score his first Cooperman victory. It was not an easy race for Burt though; being slow off the start, Burt had to settle down for third early on and then has taken over the lead on Lap 6. There was a magnificent battle with Phil's Ferrari, all the way to lap 13 when Phil made a small mistake and allowed Burt the cushion he needs to complete the race in first. Well done to Burt.

Chris was probably left thinking "what would have been" had there not been a small mistake into Turn 1 on Lap 6 where he had to hand over the lead to Burt. Chris recovered well from the spin and fought his way back to second with cool head, losing his position briefly to Ben on Lap 16 but an error from Ben on last lap opened an opportunity for Chris to reclaim his second position. Chris is the only driver so far to have been on the podium in every race and is established firmly at the top of the board.

Ben had a phenomenal race from the back of the grid and did well to get the last podium spot. It looked as though he will finish second but that last lap mistake proved quite costly. Great run by Ben nevertheless.

Server replay time: 0h06m56s

On Lap 3, Ben Summers gets into position to overtake Michael Turner at Scierie. Michael takes the corner to much to the inside which opens the gap on the outside. Ben naturally goes for that line, gets side by side with Michael who then tries to close the door to Ben who is at that moment leveled with him and has nowhere to go. Ben only makes a small movement towards the right, just enought to get all tyres on the road.

As a result of Michael's manouvre, there was a contact sending both cars into a spin.

• Michael Turnerpenalty — Side by side contact — 1 place lost

Server replay time: 0h11m40s

Art's pitstop is 1 second short.

Server replay time: 0h15m01s

On his way to a win, Burt was pushing the boundary of acceptable driving standards to the limit whilst defending his position.

I would just like to caution this and make sure everyone is aware that this aspect of driving is monitored.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 15 Clubmans - Rouen - Apr 27  (Read 6678 times)
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:02:24 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 15 Clubmans Cup - Round 3 - Rouen - Apr 27

Gentlemen, welcome to the round three of the championship, see race announcement below.

Please exercise extra caution on Lap 1, especially on the approach and through Nouveau Monde hairpin.

Wish you all good luck.

Kruger

Please be in the UKGPL IGOR chat-room by 20:25 BST.

Server 3.ukgpl
IP address 87.194.135.42
Race date = 27-04-2008, 20:30 BST
Track = Rouen
Race length = 18 laps

Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Don't start until 30 mins left on
clock to
allow everyone to join.

CHASSIS RESTRICTIONS
The following groups of drivers are restricted to the cars shown
below unless they opt to carry out additional pit stops to equalise
the performance of the car that is chosen:-

Group 1 - 1st and 2nd - Limited to BRM, Cooper or Honda
Chris Bull
Artur Le Marquand

Group 2 - 3rd and 4th - Limited to BRM, Cooper, Honda or Brabham
Bernie Darwin
Will Tway

Group 3 - 5th and 6th - Cannot take Eagle or Lotus
Phil Thornton
Ben Summers

Group 4 - 7th and 8th - Cannot take Lotus
Ian Docherty
Robert Burton

9th and below - Free choice of chassis.

PIT STOPS FOR DRIVERS OPTING TO USE FASTER CAR THAN ALLOWED ABOVE
Drivers wishing to take a chassis other than as specified above will
need to make the appropriate pit stop(s) as follows:

Group 1
Lotus 1 x 29
Eagle 1 x 21
Ferrari 1 x 19
Brabham 1 x 5

Group 2
Lotus 1 x 13
Eagle 1 x 6
Ferrari 1 x 4

Group 3
Lotus Stop n Go
Eagle Stop n Go

Group 4
Lotus Stop and Go

The pit window is as follows:

Pit stop to be taken between 14 to go and 9 to go on your pit board.

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:05:50 PM +0100 by Kruger Enge » Logged

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:18:54 PM +0100 »

Y'all are going to have to Crash 'n' Burn w/o me tonight I'm afraid.  :'(

The kid has a football game.

Good luck All.

Especially Phil, Art and Chris.  Grin

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:26:21 PM +0100 by Will Tway » Logged

bound to cover just a little more ground
Art

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:07:28 PM +0100 »

No problem Will. Shame you can't make it but see ya at the next one hopefully. Smiley

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
Art

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:14:01 PM +0100 »

Not a bad qually for me. 1m58 got me on pole so that was me happy. Smiley

As for the race well got a good start ahead of Ian and managed to keep him behind me although it did look like he didn't wanna mess going into turn 1. Smiley Then my 1st balls up of the season going into T2, got my wheels on the green stuff and that was me in last. Sad When will I learn. cursing

So now just thought get your head down and see what happens. Made my stop with 14 to go and that was me back on the war path. Not sure if I actually made any passes but as I saw a few people go off and before I knew it I was back up to 6th with about 9 to go. Ian went off in front of me and that was me in 5th and then I came up behind the train of fellow C 'n' B teamies Phil and Chris. Smiley Decided that I would push but didn't wanna mess up by doing stupid overtaking so just tucked in behind em with 3 to go. On the final lap relegated myself to 5th when coming out of the last turn Phil kissed the grass and Ben span. Unfortunately I got bad drive out of the last corner, passed Phil but didn't have the speed to grab 3rd from Ben.

Gratz to podium and c y aat Monaco. Smiley

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:52:07 PM +0100 »

Home late , tried to join the race via VROC then realised (Thanks Steve) wrong race (masters) got in a stew trying to join the CC race on Igor but had  forgot about the new start times for CC

no racing for bernie then  Sad

This is the second CC race I missed through getting home late , cant say I like the earlier start time , hope you all enjoyed my absence , I'm sure I could have enjoyed Rouening Rouen  with you guys  Roll Eyes

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:15:33 PM +0100 »

Had a few problems in praccy.  My Pribluda displays were garbled which was a bit off putting.  I put a lap in but spun near the start line and when I rejoined I nearly took out a Cooper (I think).  Sorry about that who ever it was but I couldn’t tell if anyone was nearby.  Anyway decide to quit to try and sort it out.  Tried lots of different things with no success but then I set my windows screen setting to 16 bit and it did the trick.  Got back into praccy with just over 10 minutes to spare and secured 6th on the grid.

Got a decent start and tucked in behind Jack.  Picked up a couple of places almost immediately when Ian and Art went grass tracking at Six Freres on lap 1.  I gave the tyres a couple of laps to warm up and had a go at Jack on the run down to Scierie.  My Ferrari’s power advantage and the slipstream effect was too much for Jack’s BRM, I made a clean pass on the inside.  That was me up to 5th, I set my sights on Burt and caught him just after the start line on lap 4.  I could see first and second ahead so nobody was running away with it.  Tim made a mistake at Sciere on lap 5 gifting me and Burt another place.  Bully seemed to be pulling away but an error at turn 1 on lap 6 lost him the lead.  Burt was in first place now with me all over his gearbox.  Despite having to go the long way round, the speed on my Ferrari helped me get past Burt on the approach to Sciere on lap 7.  But then on the very next lap I made a mistake under braking into Nouveau Monde.  I had an excursion onto the grass, didn’t hit anything but it cost me the lead and Burt was through.  Not for long though, in a copy cat manouvre I was back through at Sciere and leading again at the end of lap 8.  Lap 9 turn 1, I get a big slide but catch it with a lot of opposite lock, this slows me down and Burt pounces, he’s through on the inside at turn 2.  By now Burt is getting wise to the speed of the Ferrari and he manages to hold me off on the run down to Sciere for the next few laps.  Lap 13 and Bully is catching us to I need to get past Burt and I try a bit too hard through Beauval.  I clip the grass and spin out.  I get going without a shift R but Chris and Ben are through, now I’m forth.  Four laps to go and Ben is only a few seconds ahead so a podium finish is a real possibility.  Ben is brilliant under braking into Nouveau Monde and nips past Chris there on lap 16.  So now I’m chasing team mate Bully for the podium spot.  I think about taking it easy but quickly decide it’s death or glory, we’re not called Crash and Burn for nothing Roll Eyes.  I get a great run out of Beauval on the last lap and I’m right on the gearbox of the BRM as we exit Gresil but I clip the grass and crash out needing a shift R to flip the car off it’s roll bar.  I loose another place to Art but have time for a stop and go before the finish line without loosing yet another place to Mike.

Overall a great race but I should have done better given the car advantage.  Congrats to Burt and the rest of the podium.
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:58:35 PM +0100 »

REED, MARQUE, LEARN: THE JACK O’FERRALL STORY

Rouen April 27

….Though I have, on occasion, called Loot a ‘gnome’ and got away with it, a trip to his office at Burley to admit to a wrecked machine isn't the happiest of experiences.  I might prefer to fight an enraged Cyclops without a pointed stick, perhaps.  At least the Cyclops would only roast me slowly over an open fire, without torturing me with Graham Hill anecdotes into the bargain.  Knock on door, step smartly in.  “Hello dear boy, do sit down, you've come to tell me how you pranged it, haven't you?  You're dress is a touch slovenly, can't have that, decent clothes or no clothes is what I say.  If we don't attire ourselves with propriety, it all ends up in the sort of uncivilised buffoonery that our ancestors used to engage in while wearing loincloths.  Why would we need any more apparel than they wore?  Unless you're going to repair the car yourself, are you?”
      I explained that I had crashed when the car in front span and I hit it.  Rashly, I ventured that the accident was unfortunate.
     “Unfortunate?  I can't employ unlucky drivers!  A poor driver might improve, a harebrained one might sober up, but an unlucky one just discourages the entire team.  There's an old woman who insists on crossing the road at Spa during the race meetings, to fetch water, it's her right.  Off she went, Hill was approaching her at top speed, and then she stopped, first time ever.  How he did it, I still don't know.  That's a champion for you.”
      One.  One I could cope with.  As long as I didn't make any more mistakes.  All season.  “The nurses were rather pretty,” I contributed.  It seemed safe enough.
     “Nurses?  There were some rather attractive gels at a party in an Austrian hotel once.  Innes Ireland decided to show off, dancing on the table in his kilt- ‘course he wasn't wearing any pants.  Hill went outside, found a cactus, Ireland had to spend the next week pulling thorns out of his own arse!  Imagine, finding a cactus!  In Austria!  The man was a maestro!”  
     A two-anecdoter.  “Shall I get back to practice then?” I asked, somewhat downcast.
“See Tom first, he's got something for you.  A cactus! Ha! Ha!”

We had the pits next to BCF, they're a mysterious bunch.  They used to run two cars, then there was a split within the team, but their mechanics have been very tight-lipped about it.   Probably one was the strategist, the other had the raw speed, never works.  I avoid strategy, it's just another method of psyching yourself out, leads to poor temper.  Tom seemed rather pleased with himself. Possibly too pleased.  
   “Hello Jack.  Loot’s devised a scheme to help with publicity for the team, we need to keep the numbers coming to the races.  He wanted to have a contest among the fans, whoever described your win in the most vivid terms would get a free pass to follow us for the rest of the season.  Obviously that won't work, so I've modified it so that the fans have to describe an imaginary victory.”
   “An imaginary victory.  I'm not having that Tom.  I'm the support driver here.  I'm the one who keeps Ian’s morale up by fantasising about imaginary victories.  Is this one of Loot’s schemes?  Have you got someone else?  ‘Oh, he was the fan who won, but he just happened to have some racing experience as well?’”  
   “Calm down Jack.  You know Loot has raved about Hill ever since the season he bought all those engines for the team, when we got caught out by the rule changes and didn't have any.  No-one else expects you to live up to that.”  
I was calm.  I sometimes gesticulate as a means of best conveying my points.  “Besides, you wouldn't want Mr. Burtenheimer to get the wrong impression.”
   “Mr. Burtenheimer is here?”
   “The auteur.  He has that genius manner, says little then, all of a sudden, a creative burst, he’s setting up a racing atmosphere, leathers, petrol, girls, you can't stop him.  First of all, he wants all the drivers to coast through the pits, park the car, get out and suddenly freeze.  I'd make sure you've got your good side to the camera, if you have one.”
This was more like it, big time race driver.  “Hmm.  You'd best wear this scarf.  Ah.  And these goggles.”
   “No-one will be able to see my face, Tom.  Tom?  Alright, I'll wear them.  Can I kick the tyres when I get out?”
   “Sorry Jack, only the lead actors get to kick the tyres.  Just freeze.  Go into your launch routine, if it helps.”

I was looking forward to Rouen, it's a favourite track and I desperately wanted to do well.  Practice was good, but when it came to qualifying I'd lost two whole seconds and I was all over the place.  Then, since there wasn't enough time left to get the tyres hot, the team put more air in them, and suddenly I was back in business.  Yet again I was just ahead of Ian on the grid and would slow him down, this time I'd managed it by a couple of hundredths.  However- were the tyres cold because I was slow on the first qualifying run, or were they under-pressure for the track?  The setup had worked in practice… my start was good, I was chasing the leaders, then I realised that I'd made the wrong choice and had no grip on the fronts.  I had a Ferrari behind me, it dropped back but then caught me easily and passed, leaving me ahead of Ian.  And then, as I was wondering where to allow him to pass without losing time, I managed to spin in front of him, and he guessed wrong when avoiding me.  Two cars upside down.  A Graham Hill scrapbook day.  Burt won for the Coopermen, well done, they say the champagne tastes best in France.  They said that film would kill off the novel, as well.  About as likely as us staging a Formula One race in a bookies car park, I reckon.
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 05:26:16 PM +0100 »

Chris, can you update the site with replay please so I can upload the results? Smiley

Thx

Bully
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11:38 PM +0100 »

Hi all,
        Site updated with the replay http://www.neurology-crew.com/gplserver

Well that was an intense race! I decided to go BRM (i was considering sticking with the Brab for the whole season Smiley) to avoid having to pit. Seems like it worked, to my surprise!
Qually was disappointing, I was lapping 1.59's that afternoon. Still a reasonable position though.

Made an excellent start and took Burt's Coop off the line, couldn't quite catch Tim. Turn2 Art and Ian both loose it to the grass, so Tim and I are 1 and 2! I managed to keep the BRM's orange snout fully in Tims mirrors. At the hairpin on lap2 I take the inside line braking late and hard. I stick as tight as I can through the hairpin and Tim and I are side to side. looking at the replay it seems there was a slight contact. Kinda looks like it bumped you out of the way Tim, so apologies for that!  angel

Anyway now I am in 1st. Wow, thats not something I have experienced often (if at all) in the BRM tank machine lol. And the scary thing was I was even starting to pull slowly but surely away from the pack! Eventually though that nasty old Turn1 bites me and i'm off spinning circles up the banking. That lets Burt and Phil through.

So now Im 3rd chasing Burt and Teamie Phil. Spent a lot of laps chasing these 2 slowly catching and then making a slight error and losing the time I had made. Then lap 13 (I think) Phil was off and I storm into second place. Then with 2 or 3 laps to go, Ben summers comes out of no-where and takes me at the hairpin. I decide to let it go and concentrate on getting home in 3rd. Then to last lap 2nd to last turn, Ben is off and I manage to sneak back 2nd!

I have to say, that was a great fun!  Grin Also, its not often you see 2 Coopers and a BRM in the top3  laugh

Cheers,
          Bully

GPL Rank -14.558 GPLMOG +90.635
Total Rank Quest 307 tracks to go!
Total MOG Quest 2938 tracks to go!
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:14 PM +0100 »

Thx Chris for the replay.  Smiley

Results have been uploaded and you may now submit your incident reports.

Please report here if you notice any irregularities with regards to results.

Kruger

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:42 AM +0100 »

Hi all thought i write my race report from the winner!, sorry its late been busy with work Sad

Great Qualifying session, i knew i could do 2mins in a Cooper but not any quicker and that luckily got me 3rd on the grid at Rouen!

As for the race well..

Lap 1 - As always im slow off the startline, Tim and Chris get past me on the way down to turn 1, so that would of been 5th place, but somehow the 2 eagles in front of me go off together at turn 1!, that puts me back in 3rd place.

Lap 3 - Chris overtakes Tim at the hairpin and im right behind them both, I get alongside Tim myself but decide to back off, to let him take racing line, with Phil behind me.

Lap 4 - I have Phil breathing down my exhaust pipes, is this something of things to happen every race, racing against Phil? lol , On last 2 corners Phil gets alongside me, but i hold the racing line, but at same time Tim misses the turn and that gifts me and Phil 2nd and 3rd place.

Lap 6 - Down to the 1st Corner and i see that Chris has got on the verge on left hand side somehow and this gifts me 1st place and Phil is in 2nd!, the lead woohoo!

Lap 7 - I now have about a 4sec lead over Phil's fez, but this time is all over the back of my gearbox going up the hill to the back straight, Phil justs shoots past me with a faster car the ferrari.

Lap 8 - Now being in 2nd im hanging on to the back of Phil's ferrari, down to the hairpin Phil puts it on the grass, and im through into the lead again!, leading up the hill to the back straight, Phils ferari gets past me again!, but do something about that back straight im saying to myself!

Lap 9 - Phil gets alot sideways into turn 1, and im decide I take the inside line into turn 2, in the lead I go again!, now im thinking about the back straight where Phil's ferrari is soo much faster, I defend the inside line this time and make it stick!

Lap 10 - I now finally get a bit of a lead, but have to defend the corner on the back straight, Phil gets alongside side me into the last corner, but I held the racing line to keep 1st place.

Lap 11 - I now lap S.Bird at the hairpin, thanks for moving out of the way:) Now i notice Chris Bull is catching us in 3rd place, least i thought, he can fight with Phil while i try to build a nice gap between us both. I hold the lead on back straight and into the last 2 corners, but Chris spins his BRM.

Lap 12 - Still holding a nice lead on to the back straight and decide to defend the corner to keep me in the lead.

Lap 13 - Im now thinking 5 more laps left!, can i hold it together? lol! We go up the hill, thinking Phil is going to have another go on the back straight, but he touches the grass and spins! Now i got some nice breathing space!

Lap 15 - I can just about see a BRM in my mirrors it must be Chris about 5secs behind me with 3 laps to go!

Lap 18 - The last lap!, I cant see anyone in my mirrors down to turn 1, and i decide to take the hairpin easy!, but not that easy i then see a ferrari closing me down dramatically!, but no its the Cooper of Ben Summers!, hes now got up real close behind going up the hill to the back straight. Im now thinking maybe 1st and 2nd for the Cooper at Rouen, even tho hes not my teammate lol. I decide to defend the last but 2 corners, my taking the inside line. Then suddenly I notice Ben spin it!, I now have last corner and cross the line to be the winner, by 5 seconds!

Not often you see 2 Coopers and a BRM in top 3 at Rouen

The 1st win for the Cooperman!, my 1st win of the season!, and hopefully more to come!

Now im defaintly on a roll, althought its monaco next Sad

Also interesting was after Spa, my manager Steven said "Excellent job Rob - here's hoping you can do even better at Rouen!", I sure did!

I saw the headlines in the Cooperman Express papers next day saying "Rob has scored the first victory of Season 15 for the Men of Cooper - a stunning 1st place in the Clubmans race at Rouen! He qualified well, but bogged down at the start. Undeterred, he fought his way back up through the ranks, and after a wonderful battle with Phil Thornton brought the Coop home first!"

I like to thank Phil, Ben and Chris for some great exciting racing at the front, lets see what Kruger makes of it when he does the modding!

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:18:13 PM +0100 »

The moderator report is published.

Kruger

Art

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 09:44:38 AM +0100 »

Seems strange that my pit stop was 1 sec short Kruger. Set GPLWait for 21 secs and followed it like I normally do. Sad

Anyone else have this problem?

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 10:04:54 AM +0100 »

Seems strange that my pit stop was 1 sec short Kruger. Set GPLWait for 21 secs and followed it like I normally do. Sad

If its any consolation Art, I've measured it four times to avoid mistake, twice by monitoring the GPL clock and twice using the stopwatch - every time, it was a whisker over 1 second.

Perhaps you're pressing the GPL wait button before the car has come to a halt? What I usually do is stop entirely and only then press the button and never had a short pitstop.

Pitstop is measured from the moment the tyres stop turning entirely, until they start moving. Please, try using this method and measure your stop and if you feel I got it wrong, please do tell.

Art

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 05:57:21 PM +0100 »

If its any consolation Art, I've measured it four times to avoid mistake, twice by monitoring the GPL clock and twice using the stopwatch - every time, it was a whisker over 1 second.

Perhaps you're pressing the GPL wait button before the car has come to a halt? What I usually do is stop entirely and only then press the button and never had a short pitstop.

Pitstop is measured from the moment the tyres stop turning entirely, until they start moving. Please, try using this method and measure your stop and if you feel I got it wrong, please do tell.

Thanks for the reply Kruger.It's no problem I was just a bit surprised that's all but I'll make sure I stop next time although I'm pretty sure I did. Never mind though.....lesson learnt. Smiley

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com