Quarterly cost: �0

April 20, 2024, 03:57:42 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S15D1 Rouen: May 04, 2008
May 04, 2008, 09:36:37 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 15 (2008) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov

Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:55.363
---
1 49:08.247
---
25 1:56.215
---
Firestone  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 2 +1.826
---
2 +7.550
---
25 1:57.033
---
Goodyear  
Brendan
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 3 +2.153
---
3 +1:03.324
---
25 1:58.468
---
Firestone  
Glyn
 VT Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +2.706
---
4 +1:35.921
---
25 1:57.754
---
Firestone  
EvilClive

Honda RA300 F1 1967 4 +2.559
---
5 +1:39.496
---
25 1:59.147
---
Firestone  
Steven Foster
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +3.751
---
6 +1:46.629
---
25 1:59.966
---
Firestone  
Art
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +3.139
---
7 +1:56.299
---
25 1:58.676
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 9 +3.990
---
8 +2:02.143
---
25 1:58.969
---
Firestone  
Will Tway

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 10 +4.037
---
9 +1L
---
24 1:58.265
---
Goodyear  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +3.012
---
10 +6L
---
19 1:58.287
---
Firestone  
akamal
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 12 +4.720
---
11 +11L
---
14 1:59.837
---
Firestone  
Napo

BRM P115 F1 1967 11 +4.564
---
12 +16L
---
9 2:00.489
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 14 +7.062
---
13 +21L
---
4 2:02.433
---
Firestone  
Burtoner
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 13 +5.580
---
14 (+2) +2.933
---
4 2:03.575
---
Firestone  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Summary

Unfortunately no server replay was available so only the reported incidents have been moderated. Congratulations to Hristo and Lorenzo for what by all accounts was a peerless display of top quality driving. Brendan was the best of the rest bringing the Cooper home in third place.

Server replay time: 0h10m57s

Lap 5 - Scierie

Burt leaves his braking far too late and rear-ends Bernie.

Server replay time: 0h25m49s

Lap 13 - Nouveau Monde

Ken had been chasing Steven for over 3 laps but despite being consistently quicker on the approach to Nouveau Monde he was finding it difficult to get past. Steven braked slightly earlier than usual for Nouveau Monde on lap 13 (highlighted by his speed at a particular point in the braking zone - 40mph on lap 13 compared to 50mph on lap 12, 50 mph on lap 11 and 47 mph on lap 10). This caught Ken out and he gave Steven's Cooper a very slight nudge which pushed Steven into the tyres. Fortunately no damage was done and both cars continued.

Ken didn't make a rash challenge and had followed Steven into Nouveau Monde on the three previous laps which gave Ken the chance to learn where Steven was braking. The early braking on lap 13 caught Ken out nevertheless it is the following driver's responsibility to avoid rear end shunts.

• Ken Murraywarning — Marginal rear end shunt

Server replay time: 0h51m09s

Lap 25 - Start and Finish Straight

Clive is very low on fuel and his car is missing badly. Neil is catching him hand-over-fist and is much faster through Paradis. So much faster in fact that he rear ends Clive who is by now practically dawdling along the straight on the racing line.

It would be very unfair to blame Neil for this incident as Clive was much slower than usual. There is no specific rule for this type of incident but it is covered in the GPLAC Recommended Driver Behaviour. The advice is to "get out of the way ASAP if your car is non-functional". In this case Clive should have moved off the racing line.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 15 Division 1 - Rouen - May 4  (Read 8767 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 12:04:56 AM +0100 »

Division 1 - Round 3 - Rouen

Round 3 of the Season 15 Div 1 championship is at Rouen.  Remember it is PRO rules for Div 1 this season so please take care on lap 1, especially at Nouveau Monde.  Don't forget, incident reports should be entered on the SRou system following the link at the bottom of the results table when it appears.  Race details below.

Div 1 Season 15 Round 3 is this Sunday at 9:00 p.m. London UK time.
Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
VROC and Race passwords: see above

Server 1.ukgpl
IP address  194.105.176.22

Race date = 04-05-2008
Track = Rouen 1967  (Papyrus Original)
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = 50 minutes (25 laps)

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Pit Stop Times
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
BRM
No Stop

N/A
Cooper
Stop and Go

N/A
Honda
Stop and Go

N/A
Brabham

N/A
Ferrari

Eagle

Lotus

First Pit Window is: 19 (to go) to 12 (to go)
 Second Pit Window is: 17 (to go) to 6 (to go)
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 10:29:24 PM +0100 »

news page.

Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:02:08 AM +0100 »

I'm chuffed with that one - my best ever result in a D1 race, although I had a large helping of luck along the way.....

Managed a new PB in the Coop in qually, didn't quite get into the 1:58s, but good enough for 8th. A lucky first lap, and I manage to gain 3 places! Art goes rallying at T2, and I then get better drive than Ken out of Beauval which allows some side-by-side through Gresil. I manage to make this stick into Scierie, and I also pass a spun Neil on the exit of Scierie.

This means Syd and Ken are chasing me, and they catch me on L7. I decide to get out of the way and take the pressure off by pitting the next lap. Ken pits next lap, which puts him right back in my mirrors. On L13 Ken gives me a wee nudge into the polos at Nouveau Monde, which lets him and Syd by. Luckily, I can reverse out with no apparent damage blink.

Ken and Syd slowly disappear from view, and a recovering Neil is reeling me in. He gets past (again, more exiting side-by-side at Gresil), and I settle for 8th and try and keep it steady, although I manage to spin at Nouveau Monde at one point  oops. One more batch of luck - I pass a broken Ken on L19, and a spluttering Syd on the last lap, so 6th and more points for the Men of Cooper, hurrah!

Well done to Hristo, Lorenzo and Brendan. Monaco next  Shocked
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:26:52 PM +0100 by Steven Foster » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 01:06:21 PM +0100 »

I'm still coming to terms with "pro rules" and the level of competition in Div1 and Masters. It certainly is a step up in all areas!! Undecided

Much as I would have liked to take a Fez or Eagle around Rouen, I'm afraid the maths around the pitstops don't work out for me. Just not fast enough to make it work, so it was either a Cooper, BRM or Honda.
I figured that the Cooper was going to be the car of choice for the majority, the BRM I have not given enough attention to recently, so it was back to the White Whale, which at least I had come to know well last season in the Wazas.

My problem has always been that I cook rear tyres in the Honda after about 3 laps whilst the fronts stay stone cold!!, so I undertook a little research at the Murasama Institute for Mechanical Ineptitude in France  ( Mimi for short ) during the last week experimenting with different setups. I wanted to make the fronts work harder so that there would be less for the rears to do. The assumption being that my driving style was sliding the rear end and putting excessive heat into the rubber,  I do like the smell of burning rubber but thats another subject.

Last season I was running 47% bias on the brakes and taking the car deep into the corners with a very "oversteery" setup in an effort to get faster times which worked for the first 3 laps Roll Eyes then I was in trouble!!
I like to build my own setups and am still very much a novice stumbling around in the dark, but slowly there are chinks of light and a gradual understanding of what works for me.
The first half of qually I could not get a clear lap and was forced to abort a flyer on several occasions. No complaints it was just traffic and thats all part of GPL Grin.
Finally got two quick sectors on prib and a gap showing to the next car in front ( surprise! surprise! it was a Cooper! ). Caught whoever it was as we entered the start finish straight just enough to extract a small tow and a 4th spot on the grid  Grin Grin Grin with a pb.
I was more than chuffed, but expected some of the more seasoned Div 1 guys to ease me out of that position in the last few minutes of qually, but no-one did.
It mean that I was probably saved from the usual log jam at Nouveau Monde  on lap 1 and allowed the first few cars to escape a little. I knew that I would not be baulked by those in front as there were two aliens who were going to have their own battle and Brendan the flying Cooperman who was to be my target throughout the race.
In the first few laps I was close behind Brendan with Neil trailing me in another Honda until he overcooked it on the uphill section and dropped off the radar leaving a comfortable cushion behind me. Brendan seemed to be struggling with cold tyres and brakes into Nouveau Monde especially and I sniffed a chance to slip by there a couple of times until I made an error  and allowed him to pull a second or so gap and relax. For the rest of the race I was teased by constant glimpses of Brendan just dissappearing around the next corner and although I could push and close fractionally from my 4th spot I was in danger of throwing it at the scenery or reverting to my old ass out style and cooking the tyres. So I settled to my own race and watched the gap behind and hoped ( hah! some hope!!) that Brendan might have an excursion into the French countryside, because any off would surely let me get past him as he was that tantalisingly close.
Last lap with about  a 6-8 second lead over the recovering Neil, and my tyres had remained at a stable temp for the whole race ( a minor triumph in itself!!) cruising up the hill towards Sanson without a care in the world when bluuuuugh the engine note went all limp.
I was out of fuel!!! Undecided Kept it going as smoothly as I could knowing that the chasing cars were at least a little way back..if I could just nurse it to the finish ..glanced in my mirrors before turning into the last corner .........agonisingly slowly...to see the nose of a Honda exiting Sanson...b****r this is going to be too close!  The car was getting slower all the time but I was on the home straight I could almost knock it into neutral and coast across the line. I was keeping the car as straight as I could so as not to scrub off any speed when Neil loomed large in my mirrors. I'm not sure if he did not expect me to be going so slowly but I received a healthy nudge up the rear, a shame really because if it had been better aimed it might have propelled me across the line. Instaed we both tumbled onto the infield where I crawled away on 3 cylinders and an eggcup of fuel whilst Neil in his new Honda Robin Variant aimed his car at the line and went past me some 25 mtrs from the finish.
Running out of fuel could have been worse, in that I may not have made it to the finish and to finally get a setup that maintains tyre temps over race distance and at a competitive speed was a bonus. All in all a rewarding race, shame I could not get closer to Brendan and apply a little pressure Wink maybe at Monaco? Cool

evilClive

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:00:04 PM +0100 »

All-in-all, not a bad race from my perspective.  I'd had a nightmare getting ready for the race and struggled to shoe-horn in some practice time when I could.  Unfortunately, I was running around a second off my PB and really struggling with my setup.  So, I opted to go with my Kyalami setup and change only the gear ratios.

Practice went reasonably well, a 1:57.5 was a few tenths off my PB, but good enough for 3rd on the grid behind UKGPL's resident aliens.

I had a much better start than usual and had a look up the inside of Lorenzo into T1 before sense overcame bravery and I backed off.  Obviously, H and Lorenzo disappeared into the distance and I set about trying to edge away from Clive.  I eeked out a 2 second gap which I seemed determined to relinquish as I outbraked myself into the hairpin on more than one occasion.  Only once did I kiss the polos and luckily the car survived.

The rest of the race was a lonely affair with Clive occasionally pestering me from behind  Roll Eyes and a battle with my own concentration.  I gradually stretched my lead to 6 or so seconds and I think I only saw one car for the whole race.  Still, after the disappointment of Spa, 3rd place was the perfect tonic.

Thanks all, looking forward to Monaco, sort of.

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:23 PM +0100 »

Basically I made a right balls of this one. Spent most of qually wondering why I was so far off the pace before realising I was running with race fuel! I did manage a half decent time once I'd lightened the load but still only good enough for 6th on the grid. I was a bit slack on lap 1 and Steven got a good run on me down the back straight. I made matters much worse by trying to re-pass him round the outside of Scierie only to run on to the grass and allow Syd through too. So over the first part of the race it was me pressuring Syd who was in turn pressuring Steven, and I also had Art buzzing me from time to time just to keep me on my toes. After the pitstops I managed to leap frog Syd but I still had to find a way passed Steven. My speed through Beauval seemed to be consistently slow and I just couldn't seem to get close where it mattered. I was right up his gearbox for most of the lap but he just seemed to leap away down that back straight. Anyway I got a little to close at Neauvou Monde at one point and just gave him the gentlest of nudges, which allowed me through. I knew immediately that unless there was some warp I could blame (and I can't see any on my replay) then that was at least 2 places I was going to loose. It was all bit academic a few laps later when the motor went pop going over the s/f. All in all one to forget for me. Grats as usual to the resident aliens and well done to Brendan for his podium.
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:00:46 PM +0100 »

Had decent start, then basically 5 laps down the road i was trying to overtake Bernie and went up the back of him by accident, didnt think what braking distance would be, I just needed to push even harder for div1 but then thats where the mistakes creep in with Pro rules. Maybe better luck next time but not at monaco:/

I couldnt believe the speed of my teammates Steve and specially Brendan in the cooper, times i wouldnt even think of!, Grats to the winners and podiums.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:02:11 PM +0100 »

this is the second report of this race I have posted , dont know what

happened to the first post. 

I Missed the best part of practise due to "GPL wait" not letting me be able
to enter the password and then I took some time finding what was causing
the problem  .

(Note to Mr Thornton , "Please" dont use any numerals in passwords again)

My race started from that part of the grid from where you need binno's to
see the flagman but I managed a good start .
At the end of lap 4 I was lying as high as 10th place and just about getting
into my stride when a hard charging BRM (KXracer?) gives me a hard time
as he was trying to make up lost ground after his lap 1 sorte into the
boondocks,  he outbrakes me  at scierie,  but by the next lap for some
reason I am able to keep him in close range so that on the exit from
Samson I'm lining him up for a pass ,

Not quite sure what happens next because he suddenly slows dramatically
right in front of me,  I slow to avoid him but then his BRM  suddenly
decides to exit stage right ! weather or not I helped him on his way I am not
sure , however my replay shows no real contact between us .

Going into Lap 5 and Burt decides he's tired of following everyone and
wants to go for the early bath .
Not quite sure what Burts real intention was,  but both our races ended on
Lap5 . 

Grats to the podium , and escpecially the very well driven Cooper of Wrighty

P.S. Burt

It might help in future if you try to remember, when overtaking you need to go around them  not through them .

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:07:00 PM +0100 by bernie » Logged
Art

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 02:17:56 PM +0100 »

Qually didn't go too bad for me and got a PB of a 58 in the Brab so was happy when I saw I was P7. Smiley

As for the race well got away fine but, as per my normal balls up, going into T2 I overcooked it slightly and as Steve so kindly pinted out decided to do some rallying before joining the track again.

Not a great deal to report in the following laps apart from having a few battles with Ken and coming down the back straight I managed to get along side him but he was better on the brakes than me and I was too scared of taking myself and him out so just tried to stay with him. I was in 5th at one point before I had to take my Pit stop which completely stuffed my position up and I dropped back down to 8th. Made a place up at the end after Syd's mis-fortune and happy to not be lapped by the flying Lorenzo and Hristo for a change. Smiley

C ya all at Monaco. *GULP*

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 03:07:32 PM +0100 »

The pit-times had no real bearing on my chassis selection...it was all about not hurting any spectators. So the Brab was the safest bet for me. Well I was pretty much last off the grid (ok, I was last) at the start. Best part was I had a front row seat for all the action. Saw a BRM go for an off-road excursion as well as a Honda. Hung around Amir for a good bit and saw Bernie get hit from behind. 

The 24 some odd second pit welcomed a good stiff drink of water.Then, the one time I hit the polos, was naturally when the leaders were getting close.  So I muttered along in 10th or so until Ken's unfortunate mishap. Was happy to just get into the T10 and give C'n'B a few points.

*Maybe the pit-times could be a little lax for the newbies in D1 (or maybe the newbies should just practice more).  Grin

Grats also to Art for a strong finish for the team.

I tell you what, the replay was a blast to watch. The battle between H and Lorenzo was simply incredible. Poetry in motion.

Grats podium

Will

bound to cover just a little more ground
Napo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 05:12:59 PM +0100 »

(Note to Mr Thornton , "Please" dont use any numerals in passwords again)

My race started from that part of the grid from where you need binno's to
see the flagman but I managed a good start .
At the end of lap 4 I was lying as high as 10th place and just about getting
into my stride when a hard charging BRM (KXracer?) gives me a hard time
as he was trying to make up lost ground after his lap 1 sorte into the
boondocks,  he outbrakes me  at scierie,  but by the next lap for some
reason I am able to keep him in close range so that on the exit from
Samson I'm lining him up for a pass ,

Not quite sure what happens next because he suddenly slows dramatically
right in front of me,  I slow to avoid him but then his BRM  suddenly
decides to exit stage right ! weather or not I helped him on his way I am not
sure , however my replay shows no real contact between us .

Hi Bernie Smiley
Glad you didn't get collected in it. I started to suffer from severe pedal problems, my brakes were going on even tho I wasn't on them at all. I swerved out of the way at the last moment so you didn't crash into me.

I will stop racing until I fix my pedals.

I 2nd Bernie's request...no numbers in the password please, Phil Smiley

@ Robert, maybe you should accept you'll be at the back of the field. Just look to improve your own pace. I think you were already trying to hard when you moved over to try to block me when you had just made a mistake. There was clearly no chance for you to hold that position no need to push someone off to the edge like that when there's a huge speed difference. I'm sure you'll get faster soon Robert just keep chipping at it. Smiley

Congrats to Hristo on the fine win, cu guys when my pedals are fixed. Smiley

Napo

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 07:07:59 PM +0100 »

The thought crossed my mind that you had some kind of control trouble when I began  reeling you in, but there was always that awful nagging doubt that I had caused your demise .

Watching the replay I dont know how you still managed to get around at those speeds with your controls defunct , your move on Burt Blockermeister was spectacular to say the least.

Wink

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:11 PM +0100 »

Unfortunately the server replay wasn't saved so I've had to use a client replay to import the results.  Hopefully everything is OK but please check the results to make sure you concur.  If you think there is a discrepancy please let me know.  Since I haven't got a server replay it is important to provide me with a short replay clip of any incidents you report.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:11 PM +0100 »

Ahemm! erm cough! cough!

Unfortunately (or fortunatley depending on your point of view)  I dont have a clue how to send a replay clip to enable you to meet out suitable punishment for the Lap 5 incedent involving myself and a certain (nameless) Cooperman team member. 

Might I suggest hanging at dawn , or something very similar  Roll Eyes

Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:42:20 PM +0100 »

Easily done Bernie.

Do the usual, cut the replay clip, zip it and then when you submit the incident report thru the link below the race results, there will be an option below for you to select the replay and post it with incident report.

Gotta love the LM2 Cheesy

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com