The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 01:40:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nascar Racing 3  (Read 3556 times)
EdamSpeed
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 04:40:15 PM +0100 »

There's also ARCA Sim Racing, which is NASCAR-like oval racing, built upon the same engine as GTR2, Race, rFactor, etc. Despite a few teething troubles, it's gaining favour with many of the nr2003 owners and leagues.
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 05:53:33 PM +0100 »

There's also ARCA Sim Racing, which is NASCAR-like oval racing, built upon the same engine as GTR2, Race, rFactor, etc. Despite a few teething troubles, it's gaining favour with many of the nr2003 owners and leagues.

Strangely enough Undecided

I think ARCA is the arcade version of NR2003.

EdamSpeed
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 10:54:07 AM +0100 »

I've never actually tried nr2003, so I can't comment personally, but from what I've been hearing from the various camps, I think you may be in the minority in thinking ARCA is arcade. If anything, what I'm hearing is that ARCA's physics are more accurate, as The Sim Factory actually bought an ARCA car to get data out of, and they've worked with Hoosier on the tyre model. Plus, you can race doorhandle to doorhandle without fear of space launches.

If you haven't tried ARCA, I think you're missing out - the racing really is superb.
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 07:03:05 PM +0100 »

I know many people like ARCA, and I've tried it. I just don't think it compares very well to driving a car at all. The car feels just too dead, as it doesn't react much to anything. You can race door to door in NR2003 too, but that requires all drivers to get broadband instead of 56k modem, and a couple of settings changes. The problem is that NR2003 is by default set up for a 56k modem.

NR2003 demo can be found here: http://www.gamershell.com/news_5748.html

I think it's fine that many people prefer ARCA, I don't have a problem with that, I just think it's important to get the other opinions out as well. And there's not many drivers in my league that likes ARCA. I think it's very easy to be led by the majority, to think it's either good or bad, so it's always a good idea to try for yourself. And always remember the first impression isn't always the best one.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com