Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 06:29:09 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U Road America: May 25, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Fun Race - Road America - May 25  (Read 10339 times)
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2008, 10:22:28 PM +0100 »

Sad Sad Sad

I got pole....yep...me...you read it right....me, Psuedo....pole  Grin Grin

That was about the best of it though....I got the same stop n go as Dan....(my excuse, never been that far forward on the grid before....didn't have a clue where the lights were  Roll Eyes)

Appologies to dan for the slightly dodgy start to. For some strange reason my pit limiter button didn't work so I couldn't engage it so I just tried to trundle along at 36 but it did waver a little.

Felt great in the dry...car was working super with the hot conditions. I started making some good inroads back through the pack...but when the rain came I started making a few errors so pitted a little early and came out on hard wets. Car worked great again with them and once again started picking one or two off.

Got to 7th in the end....could easily have been 6th but I got a little squeezed whilst overtaking that put a rear on the grass and round and round I went a few times....just managed to recover in time to stay ahead of the Bimmer of Dave.

No issues with the track whatso, either wet or dry.

Hopefully the data collected from this will mean we get a GT3 series with these cars....love it  Grin

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:54 PM +0100 »

Got to 7th in the end....could easily have been 6th but I got a little squeezed whilst overtaking that put a rear on the grass and round and round I went a few times....just managed to recover in time to stay ahead of the Bimmer of Dave.

Woops, that would've been me - sorry!

Shame, you me and spanner could've had a nice battle on the last few laps!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 10:32:53 PM +0100 »

Replay and provisional results posted

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 10:34:24 PM +0100 »

In the dry ViperCC drives away from the Vertigo, though I had the 1-1 wing.  Sad  In the wet it's the opposite.
I liked the race, came in 30 sec before Q2 ended, so no quali lap for me. Guess what, from zero to hero.  Tongue
Driving in the wet with 1-1 wing was surprisingly easy, even the first half with the slicks. With the hard wets it was almost like in the dry. Love the rain.  wub
Sorry to David Milne for the punt. Was caught out, my braking point was quite a few meters further.  Undecided

After finish Freq hit me full speed. I flied upwards and landed on the roof. The car was (would be) a mess. And the guy said: "You've got a puncture!"  lol

Good result, Psuedo! I never got 2.12 even off line.  thumbup2
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:21 PM +0100 »

No probs Kidzer....I wouldn't have given the spot up easily either.  Smiley

Good result, Psuedo! I never got 2.12 even off line. 

Thank you very kindly  Smiley...I was a bit suprised at getting pole, I have seen Dan go faster in praccy and Gazza did a 2:11:5 in praccy (online)  Shocked
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:41:04 PM +0100 by psuedo » Logged

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 10:46:23 PM +0100 »

I loved that! Was great just racing purely for fun - no praccy in the car since S6 and never driven the track before about 8:15 - brilliant! Grin

The CC is great fun - crap through any corners but soo fast on the straight, it was almost embarrassing going past people on the backstraight Grin

Good race, rain came a little early for me and had to do a few extra laps on slicks when it was time for wets to make the fuel last, thought I could make it then TT came out of nowhere and went past me like I was standing still, after some silly passing down the straight Grin

I still think GT3 cup should be one make coss these cars are soo different - Viper CC whoop whoop!  Cool
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2008, 10:58:24 PM +0100 »

I was really worried about it being wet but somehow with the high temps, the lack of power and mainly long straights it ended up being good fun. I'm sure if i was in a diferent car though it might have been different!

At the start i joined with 30 secs to go checked the health, esc, rejoined then suddenly everyone is moving. i must have been lucky joining just in time. Then on the rolling start i seemed to be going faster than Simon with the limiter on! Clearly that was Pseudo's lack of pit limiter.

After a brief foray with few of the other Vertigos in first few laps the gaps started spreading out and realised the gap behind was growing so decided to try and just sit there. When practising the tyre temps have been pretty low in the cold conditions so when the rain came i knew i should be able to cope with front and rears dropping equally. I seemed to be holding my own in the wet conditions so just sat and waited hoping the rain would stop, I had fueled up as people seemed to do for the whole race so just needed a tyre change.

After a few mistakes and losing the lead(!) I thought i'd better pit with about 15 mins to go and again was unsure on the fuel setting. why isnt there a 'no change' setting? Set the fuel to about the same as what i thought i had in the tank and it seemed to work. Ended up coming out in 6th with Kidzer in front but my hard wets seemed to be better than his inters and caught right up to him straight away but i was being cautious and ended up dropping back. Luckily he drifted into a gravel trap and i finished in 5th.

Clearly the cars still need a bit of tweak to equal them all out, Z3 especially but i think maybe running a less biased track bight be in order. I would have said in the dry the viper was faster but in the wet the vertigo seemed to be better but its just my opinion.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2008, 11:25:52 PM +0100 »

After a few mistakes and losing the lead(!) I thought i'd better pit with about 15 mins to go and again was unsure on the fuel setting. why isnt there a 'no change' setting? Set the fuel to about the same as what i thought i had in the tank and it seemed to work.

If you set the fuel to less than you have they won't add any - that is if you have (default) set to fill it up to desired amount.  Smiley
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:44 AM +0100 »

One other thing I will say - the mirrors on the Vertigo are rubbish!

I usually manage to just use mirrors to make usre I'm not going to turn in on someone, but I used the look behind button quite a few times in this race just to be sure, there seems to be something about them that isn't quite right to me.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2008, 08:59:06 AM +0100 »

If you set the fuel to less than you have they won't add any - that is if you have (default) set to fill it up to desired amount.  Smiley

I had set it to pit once with 0 fuel in the setup, but when you pit it sets it to your original fuel setting which a few people have mentioned seems a bit strange. You cant set it up surely?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2008, 09:02:38 AM +0100 »

I usually set 3 stops all for zero fuel just in case I have to make an unscheduled stop. Doesn't excuse the game for it's failings in this area though.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2008, 09:44:10 AM +0100 »

I usually set 3 stops all for zero fuel just in case I have to make an unscheduled stop. Doesn't excuse the game for it's failings in this area though.

I think we discovered recently that only the first stop setting actually works.

The Z3 felt really good in the dry, and whilst it didn't have good pace compared to the other cars I was slowly climbing the order as others made mistakes. Once the rain arrived I stayed out 2 laps too long and slipped behind Picnic's Z3, but despite being on the right tyres my pressures were far too high for the wet and towards the end I really struggled with rears which must've looked like bike tyres. Shocked

I like the balance of the car though, with a bit more power it could be a good underdog contender.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com