Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 09:53:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Snails Pace Saleen  (Read 3818 times)
sooty1977

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:46:42 PM +0100 »

Hopefully will get in any new skinpack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T307GEQA

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:33:30 PM +0100 by sooty1977 » Logged

Its the taking part that counts,but a podium finish wouldn't hurt once in a while !
Adam Parle
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:39 PM +0100 »

Check the mipmap levels on some of the dds files (in the ultra_tex, cpit_ultra_tex, and the "regular" tex file too).  We're looking for 5 - so select 6 on the mipmap level in the dds plugin rather than leaving it on "all".

In the cpit_ultra_tex files the cpit02 texture is still carrying the 04028 prefix rather than your team/car number.  Geditor is notorious for creating issues like this .... the only advice is to save it when you think it's done .... then open it up again, and double check it, make the necessary changes .... and repeat until it is actually how you want it! Cheesy

All the UKGTR_*.* files should be removed - these will get added in by the powers that be.

Could you please also change the SimRacing.org.uk banner text to black only, rather than the alternating black/green text you've got.  It will make the banner much more easy to read, and in my oppinion will look better too.

Other than the above you've got all the boxes ticked (unless I'm having a senior moment .... well, it's been a while since I was running through the skinning process) - looks great!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:31:33 PM +0100 by Adam Parle » Logged
sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:11:26 PM +0100 »

Thx you for spotting my errors there m8 most appreciated and i have done the banners and the rest now, like you said it douse look better Wink
anyway hopefully is correct now and hope you liked it.

Its the taking part that counts,but a podium finish wouldn't hurt once in a while !
Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:21:01 PM +0100 »

sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 10:29:46 PM +0100 »

Bjesus i tink i spoted one more error its at the top of the .car file it has the wrong number it has
970013T
Rather than 710145T

Sould i change and reupload or will you do this minor but pain in ur ass fix  Kiss
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:33:40 PM +0100 by sooty1977 » Logged

Adam Parle
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:52 PM +0100 »

The // at the front of the top two lines means it's "commented out" - so it's not going to affect anything.

I imagine we can change it - it's nay problem.
sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:40:58 PM +0100 »

Wow super respons time and once again thx for the help you are a star !

Just about to work on the vertigo now alltho i was tinking on scrapping her as i have read there maybe no call for the sterrif much nxt season, but i will still fix her up all the same.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 10:57:25 AM +0100 »

Bjesus i tink i spoted one more error its at the top of the .car file it has the wrong number it has
970013T
Rather than 710145T

As Adam says it's not important as it's commented out, but it (along with the UKGTR_* files) does suggest that you used another UKGTR skin as a starting point - the skinning instructions suggest using an original game 'skin' to avoid problems like that.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 11:13:25 AM +0100 »

I've now queued this one for inclusion, but you may want to consider changing the .CAR file to use the Pirelli rather than the Dunlop HDC file as the Dunlops are widely regarded as not being worth the rims they're mounted on... Wink

sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 12:28:54 PM +0100 »

I've now queued this one for inclusion, but you may want to consider changing the .CAR file to use the Pirelli rather than the Dunlop HDC file as the Dunlops are widely regarded as not being worth the rims they're mounted on... Wink

When i change the .CAR file to use pirelli`s it still shows the dunlps on the car is that right, ie alltho it shows the dunlops on the car it is hardwriten that it actually uses pirellis now  Huh

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 02:06:35 PM +0100 »

When i change the .CAR file to use pirelli`s it still shows the dunlps on the car is that right, ie alltho it shows the dunlops on the car it is hardwriten that it actually uses pirellis now  Huh

They'll be a value in the GenString you need to change to get the right graphics but the physics (the important bit!) will be using the Pirellis.

sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:27:31 PM +0100 »

When i change the .CAR file to use pirelli`s it still shows the Dunlops on the car is that right, ie alltho it shows the dunlops on the car it is hardwriten that it actually uses pirellis now  Huh

They'll be a value in the GenString you need to change to get the right graphics but the physics (the important bit!) will be using the Pirellis.

Thx for your info and i will just have the wrong graphics as i based my car on the graham nash cars which have the wing mirrors on the arches and when i change the genstring it uses the other model and makes a mess of the mirrors

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T307GEQA

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:34:11 PM +0100 by sooty1977 » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 09:26:24 AM +0100 »

Updated in the queue.

One of the numbers in the genstring must be the wheel style but I can't tell you which one. It doesn't really matter anyway as you can't see the wheels except in the showroom. Cheesy

sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 10:21:07 AM +0100 »

Updated in the queue.

One of the numbers in the genstring must be the wheel style but I can't tell you which one. It doesn't really matter anyway as you can't see the wheels except in the showroom. Cheesy

I am learing all the time with all this info lol
That would be the right string tho GenString=01501201

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 10:50:37 AM +0100 »

I am learing all the time with all this info lol
That would be the right string tho GenString=01501201

I'll change that in the pack then.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com