by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 12:00:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L5S Cadwell Park: June 26, 2008
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season GT Classics Fun Race - Cadwell Park (Full) - Jun 26  (Read 8711 times)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 02:54:18 PM +0100 »

Did any of you also have some lagging/freezing screens in the last section (between the trees)?

No, fps are quite good for me around here. Did it go ok with the changes you made?   

Chris The Rookie
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 09:11:35 PM +0100 »

Did any of you also have some lagging/freezing screens in the last section (between the trees)?

I had some problems like that on the home straight & T1/2 but only in practice... sadly I can't use that excuse as mine was fine during the race.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 12:32:31 PM +0100 »

Thanks all for responding.

Looks like the problem is on my side. If I need help I let you know (in another thread  Wink )

Yes SbG, after lowering everuthing to medium and switching off GTL PD it was ok..

See you all at Dijon!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:10 PM +0100 »

Alex, care to spec your rig?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 12:49:56 PM +0100 »

Alex, care to spec your rig?

Hi WT,

Sure,

CPU:         AMD Athlon 64 40000+ 2.40 Ghz
Mainboard: Asus A8n-SLi nForce SLI
Videocard: Asus GeForce 78000GTX 256 Mb DDR3

.. and some other stuff of course.

Would think that this is enough for a relatively 'old' game like GTL  Undecided

but perhaps I am a bit overenthusiastic in my GTL Video configuration settings:
- Fulscreen Aliasing ON/Level 4
- Use Vertical Sync ON

I must admit that I don't know what is does and the impact on the system  Huh

Any help much appreciated.. 

will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:06 PM +0100 »

Turn full screen aliasing to 2 or off perhaps.
 Vertical sync limits the frame rate i think - i used it on an old 7800GS a while back. With it turned off, the frame rate could be pretty eratic - 90fps in one corner, then 25 the next. V-sync kept a good medium.
Try and run it offline with V sync off and aliasing down/off, and see what the difference is.
What screen resolution are you running GTL on?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 01:01:46 PM +0100 »

Will you beat me to it. All Good advice tho, except I would turn v sync off altogether

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 01:05:01 PM +0100 »

V-Sync just locks the maximum frame rate to the monitor, it's to prevent screen "tearing".
If you turn it off it sometimes doubles the frame rate, and if you're getting less Frames Per Second than the screen refresh rate (usually 60Hz) then you don't need it at all.

I learnt all this from the section on Oblivion on the TweakGuides website.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 01:21:54 PM +0100 »

Turn full screen aliasing to 2 or off perhaps.
 Vertical sync limits the frame rate i think - i used it on an old 7800GS a while back. With it turned off, the frame rate could be pretty eratic - 90fps in one corner, then 25 the next. V-sync kept a good medium.
Try and run it offline with V sync off and aliasing down/off, and see what the difference is.
What screen resolution are you running GTL on?

Thanks Will, WT and Tibernius!
Never knew what these settings were about...
I'm going to run some cadwell laps without v-sync and perhaps lower anti-aliasing setings... hopefully it well help.

I'm running a 1680x1050 (32 bit) resolution on a 22'' screen....

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 01:27:11 PM +0100 »

If you can be bothered to read all of it, this is pretty useful. I've read most of the website, it's pretty good apart from the fact there's no guide for GTL, GTR2 or rFactor. Roll Eyes
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 01:50:17 PM +0100 »

Perhaps try and lower the resolution setting slightly in the GTL 3D config - your card might be running out of grunt at that rez.
Worth a try  Wink

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 02:14:01 PM +0100 »

Well,

turned off the v-sync  and voila, no more hiccups! (with a full grid.)

But I do notice some off the 'tearings' Tibernius mentioned and I definitely going to read your site Tibernius. It appears that the whole V-synch option can lower your performance with 50%...

If you can be bothered to read all of it, this is pretty useful. I've read most of the website, it's pretty good apart from the fact there's no guide for GTL, GTR2 or rFactor. Roll Eyes

Thank you all very, very, VERY much. Now I know where/what to look for!  I Am Not Worthy

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:54 PM +0100 »

Don't know if someone is going to read this, but thanks to Tibernius'read I switched on V-sync and tri-linear buffering....
.. and it works fabulous. Almost everything on Full and no tearings or lagging in Cadwell.

Worth to mention in a sticky or something?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:11 PM +0100 »

Dunno if it has been mentioned before, but what V-sync does, is maximize the fps to the refreshrate of the monitor. If you don't get 60fps (60hz is average/normal refreshrate), it will half the fps to 30 and maximize at that. That might make it all stuttery as 30 fps is on the brink on choppyness, and anything influencing the fps at that point will make it drop even more as a downwards spiral.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com