Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 08:25:48 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U8 Mont-Tremblant: June 17, 2008
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 8 - Mont-Tremblant - Jun 17  (Read 6653 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 07:32:05 AM +0100 »

Having only practiced in the Z3M and 350Z, after getting a purple screen of noncommittal doom in practice and taking 10 minutes, two reboots and a bounced router to return I switched to the VCC as nobody else was using it.

Popped in enough of a qually lap to not be last on the grid but had no idea what fuel or tyres to take; elected to try hard rears and medium fronts thinking that all those corners would cook them, wrongo, they were warm enough but the grip just wasn't there. Saw Psueueuedo go off ahead and promptly missed my own braking point for the first tight right hander, dumping myself into the gravel. Rejoined and chased Ade's Elise for a while before stopping and switching to soft fronts and medium rears, which were the tyres I should've taken to start with.

Chased Ade some more but couldn't really made any impression and he slowly pulled away until I ran off in the final right hander, ending any challenge to not be the last car on the road.

VCC not as bad around there as I feared, though obviously not going to challenge the lighter cars. Not sure about the track; as Paul says, that last right hander is just way too tight, and by two thirds into the race the very bumpy fast right over the brow just after the start was becoming tiresome.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 08:12:20 AM +0100 »

Only towards the end I started to take the bumpy hill right - at first I reduced the throttle, thinking it will turn me into the corner downhill. Then I started to go with low amount of throttle and it felt much better, more stable. It's just how many times you drive there, I think.  Smiley
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 11:13:57 AM +0100 »

Deceptive circuit over a race distance, it is hard work Shocked, no where to rest. I like the circuit, it flows well apart from the slow 2nd gear right hander at the end.

Had some good racing with a couple of drivers Cool, but once again suffered due to my pitstop (lost far to much time) :'( and then any hopes of trying to catch Picnic evaporated when the front runners caught up with me, and one had to make sacrifices in lap times to ensure they got by without loosing to much time themselves.

No issues to report re test race.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:15:31 AM +0100 by JPS1 » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 11:23:55 AM +0100 »

I didn't mind the last corner too much much the right hander to the downhill section (T1 or 2 depending on if you count the kink Wink) is rubbish. Maybe a better setup would help but I was basically losing half a second to everybody there. If I went any faster the hoping/bouncing oversteer was uncorrectable  Undecided

It's not on my list of tracks I'd like to race at.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 11:34:27 AM +0100 »

... the right hander to the downhill section is rubbish. Maybe a better setup would help but I was basically losing half a second to everybody there.

It might be your setup, if you were losing to everybody.   Wink

I like this track, don't you dare ditching it.  Hit with a wet fish
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:22 AM +0100 »

There's no doubt that's a really tough track that requires a lot of practice for us mere mortals to get good at it!

Legends Racing simracing team
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 08:20:48 PM +0100 »

Did you considered the almost 20 Australian addon tracks, already out there?
Personally, i like them all. They are not very hard, they have a mix of fast
but not easy layouts.
Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com