Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 05:04:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions from a convert!!  (Read 2828 times)
AndyMK

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:25:30 PM +0100 »

Hi all,

Just go this fantastic sim... ok so i am crap at it, but hey ho such is life!!! Practice practice practice!!

A few questions...

1. I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP - It pulls to the right, how can i correct this? (Only pulls to right in GTR2)
2. Are there any recommended settings for the wheel?
3. How do I get the frame rate displayed whilst driving?
4. What do I need to race online?
5. What are the best cars to learn in? Obviously something reasonably forgiving!!
6. Are  there any driving guides? Similar to those for GPL?

Thanks in advance

Andy

"He's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!!"
sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:17:38 PM +0100 »

3= ctrl and f

I will try and find the setup guide i use for you as i am terrible at setups,it has helped me a lot

6= www.langamers.it/gtr/Guida_setup_GTR/Guida_GTR2.pdf
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:21:01 PM +0100 by sooty1977 » Logged

Its the taking part that counts,but a podium finish wouldn't hurt once in a while !
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:48:58 PM +0100 »

the wingman is not a bad controller, I had one before. Not a patch on the G25 that followed. Don't understand the pull to the right though.        Cars and set ups can be very individual. I much prefer the lambo for gt1, 911rsr for gt2 and the morgan for gtc.     For racing online you need to go to the official gtr2 site and download the update patch. That will allow you to race online in open servers.     To race here you need to download car skins and tracks in use.    It's hard a game to master but so worth it.
AndyMK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:17:21 AM +0100 »

Cheers I appreciate it....

I jumped straight in.. switched all the driving aids off... does anyone race with traction control or anti lock brakes on?

"He's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!!"
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:43:46 AM +0100 »

no. The only assistance allowed for racing here is auto clutch.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:20:55 AM +0100 by Kerr » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:37 AM +0100 »

To race online here you'll need to be driving in "Simulation" mode - not Arcade or Semi-Pro - the former uses a different in-game lobby from the latter. I think that also means TC and ABS aren't available at all.

Best learner cars is a tricky question because it depends on your experience, driving style and taste. The BMW Z3M is slow but quite well natured, probably a good introductory car; the TVR is a bit stiff but otherwise benign. The Morgan is also a bit stiff on the default setups but most people seem to find it pleasant to drive. Amongst the faster cars, the Corvette isn't the quickest and suffers from a certain amount of understeer but won't bite and is fairly relaxing to drive over long distances; the Lambo has the best handling even if it's not quick in a straight line; and the Saleen is supposed to be nice to drive if hard on its tyres.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:48:16 PM +0100 »

I was using the Formula Force GP up to recently, but never had probs with it pulling right.

Do you have the latest Logitec Profiler software installed?

May be worth just 'fiddling around' with the steering sensitivity settings in game too....and for a feedback profile, I always used the MoMo Racing pre-set profile in game...worked pretty well for me.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com