Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 09:26:25 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S15D1 Nürburgring: June 15, 2008
June 15, 2008, 10:01:53 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGPL Season 15 (2008) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 1 7:58.592
106.742mph
1 48:53.150
104.500mph
6 7:57.823
106.913mph
Goodyear  
Kruger Enge
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +20.468
102.364mph
2 +2:04.466
100.246mph
6 8:20.828
102.002mph
Firestone  
EvilClive

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 3 +2:12.976
99.968mph
6 8:16.997
102.789mph
Firestone  
Steven Foster
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +43.976
97.759mph
4 +4:11.730
96.240mph
6 8:42.618
97.750mph
Firestone  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 4 +23.936
101.657mph
5 +1L
102.391mph
5 8:13.025
103.617mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 5 +26.353
101.171mph
6 +3L
99.282mph
3 8:27.230
100.715mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Glyn
 VT Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 10 7 +6.572
98.861mph
3 8:32.249
99.728mph
accident
Firestone  
Brendan
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 3 +20.853
102.285mph
8 +5L
99.148mph
1 8:34.692
99.255mph
Disco
Firestone  
Bully
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 8 +1:34.555
89.132mph
9 +42.722
91.557mph
1 9:15.553
91.955mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Burtoner
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +40.852
98.347mph
10 +6L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 13 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

After making his pit stop at the end of Lap 2, Hristo looses the lead to Lorenzo. But he is soon on Lorenzo's tail and pushing him hard through Wehrseifen. Incessant pressure finally forces Lorenzo into a small mistake at Schwalbenschwanz and Hristo is through to claim his sixth straight win of the season.

Lorenzo is in a secure second place when he runs out of road at Nordkehre on the last lap and his BRM is beached on the banking. This opens the door to Kruger and Clive who grab the runner-up and final podium place respectively. A special mention must be made for Steven Foster who was the only other runner to complete the race distance finishing in fourth spot and securing some valuable points for the Coopermen.

There were a couple of below par pit stops in this race. Drivers are reminded that cars must stop within half a car's width of the stalls regardless of the presence of stall markings. There are two reasons for this:

1. To ensure the pit lane is not blocked.
2. To ensure a driver does not gain an unfair advantage by effectively shortening their stop.

Where the actual advantage gained is difficult to quantify, it is normal policy award a standard 5 second time penalty.

Server replay time: 0h00m53s

Lap1 - Start Line - Chris Bull and Neil Stratton

Chris gets a good start but has to back off because the car ahead of him, driven by Burt, had bogged down on the line. Burt starts to pull away but nevertheless Chris decides to drift right just as Neil, who had made a blistering start, is along side. Warp contact is made and Neil is sent into a spin.

Chris was unfortunate to get hindered but this was not a good enough reason for drifting off-line to the extent that he did. However given that no actual contact took place this must go down as a warp incident.

Advice - Drivers must not drift off-line at the start unless they are absolutely sure no car is along side.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h04m05s

Lap 1 - Kallenhard - Neil Stratton, Robert Burton and Steven Foster

Neil goes for the inside at Kallenhard, one of the few overtaking opportunities on this section of the track. He gets alongside but Burt either doesn't see him or decides not to give him room. Burt turns in and minor contact is made but warp exacerbates it and Burt is punted off into the hedge. Neil continues seemingly unaffected. As Burt tries to extricate himself from the hedge, Steven (who is unsighted because it is a blind bend) cannot stop and very slight contact is made. Unfortunately warp intervenes and the minor contact results in Burt losing a wheel. Steven continues but Burt is out of the race.

In the initial incident, Neil had sufficient overlap to challenge but not to claim the corner outright. Burt should have yielded but chose to contest the corner. This was a contested pass so goes down as a racing incident. The final warpy contact that ended Burt's race was simply bad luck.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h09m41s

Lap 1 - Pit Lane - EvilClive

Clive was more than the mandatory distance from the stalls during his pit stop.

Server replay time: 0h15m12s

Lap 2 - Wippermann - Brendan Wright and Neil Stratton

Brendan is recovering from a spin at Hohe-Acht but is not quite up to speed as Neil powers by on the approach to Wippermann. Brendan tries to tuck in behind but Neil is in the braking zone. Brendan gets too close and contact is made, both drivers spin out. Brendan looses a wheel and is out of the race, Neil continues.

No contact was evident on the server replay, warp incident.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h17m52s

Lap 2 - Pit Lane - Kruger Enge

Kruger was more than the mandatory distance from the stalls during his pit stop.

• Kruger Enge — Incorrect Pit Stop — 5.000 seconds added

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 15 Division 1 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - Jun 15  (Read 7614 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:13:39 AM +0100 »

Division 1 - Round 6 - Nurburgring (Nordschleife)

Round 6 of the Season 15 Div 1 championship is at the Nürburgring.  There is no need to explain what PRO rules means at the ring.  This is a challenging track made even more difficult by PRO rules.  Shift-Rs are allowed in practice but please be careful when respawning to ensure you don't ruin anybody's flying lap.  A penalty may be applied if a driver compromises another competitor's qualifying lap.

Don't forget, incident reports (including incidents in practice if your qualifying lap was severely affected by another driver) should be entered on the SRou system following the link at the bottom of the results table when it appears.  Race details below.

Div 1 Season 15 Round 6 is this Sunday at 9:00 p.m. London UK time.
Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
VROC and Race passwords: see above

Server 1.ukgpl
IP address  194.105.176.22

Race date = 15-06-2008
Track = Nürburgring 1967  (Papyrus Original)
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = 50 minutes (6 laps)

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Pit Stop Times
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
BRM
No Stop

N/A
Honda
Stop and Go

N/A
Cooper

N/A
Brabham

Ferrari

Eagle

Lotus

First Pit Window is: 6 (to go on your pit board) to 4 (to go on your pit board)
 Second Pit Window is: 4 (to go on your pit board) to 2 (to go on your pit board)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:21:17 AM +0100 by Phil Thornton » Logged
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:38:57 AM +0100 »

If there's one thing I learnt from last night's race, it's to not spend the afternoon in the pub before embarking upon the Green Hell.

I'd had a decent qually, 3rd on the grid just behing Kruger (although light years behind Hristo).  A good start got me up to second and I even had a cheeky look down the inside of H into turn one but thought better of it. 

I chucked away 2nd place after a minute or so and had a good dice with Kruger and Lorenzo for the rest of the lap although making lots of mistakes.  By lap 2, Lorenzo had started to pull away and Kruger was close enough behind to keep me concerned.  That was until Spinundcrashencorner where I lost it coming over the brow of a hill and ended up facing the wrong way.  A quick spin turn wasn't enough to stop a couple of other cars making it through and as I tried to recover, I got a bit close to Glyn's Cooper.  The warp contact sent us both into a spin and I lost a wheel, race over.  Sorry if I spoiled your race, Glyn.   

Grats to all finishers, an achievement in it's self.

See you in the States.

Glyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:01:22 AM +0100 »

This was one of those races where GPL comes very close to being thrown out of the window. My car had taken quite a beating in the first few laps but drove perfectly. Sods law would have it after my pit stop I out braked myself into turn 1 and gave the fence the smallest glances ever. Exiting the never ending right hander the back end stepped out oddly and I started crabbing down the straight. I braked lightly for the left hander but it just locked the wheel solid, confirming broken suspension. Bah humbug as they say.

No arguments please, the moon IS made of cheese!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:40:31 PM +0100 »

Not much of a race here due to self imposed ? mechanical maladies .

My early retirement did allow me to watch some of the more spectacular on track action from you guys . Much more entertaining than Hamiltons & Co RL exploits.

Gonna book me a Grandsand seat for the next outing  Grin

Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:32:15 PM +0100 »

I don't like Nurby very much, so I probably only put in about 10-15 laps worth of practice the week before the race, and therefore didn't learn a great deal more about the track. It's so hard to motivate myself to practice this one.

Qually was poor - the first lap I made one mistake, and let a flying H by, for my best time (probably ~9 secs off my qually pace). I goofed the second, but folk were struggling to even set times, so I didn't start at the back.

Not a bad start, but I had to put it into the fence at T1 to avoid rear-ending Ken. Let a flying Neil past at Flugplatz, then ended Mr. Burtmacher's race (after he'd clashed with Neil) later that lap by giving his Coop a nudge when it was playing at being a road-block (sorry Rob). Didn't see anyone again until the end of the lap, when I caught Evil doing his pit stop. I thought he was Neil....but he was so obviously faster than me, I just let him past me on the back straight behind the pits. I'd realised that just getting to the end was going to be a challenge, and racing was a waste of time.

I didn't see anyone again, and couldn't get a clean lap in (a spin here, a slight off there) so no chance of catching someone. However, there was a constant stream of retirements, and each time around my position improved. The pit-board said 5th on my last lap, then Lorenzo did the decent thing and retired on the last lap gifting me 4th, the last of the runners. Although this is my highest D1 finish, it didn't feel very good. I'm just glad it's over and that the Coopermen have some luvverly points.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:11:17 PM +0100 by Steven Foster » Logged
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:18:11 PM +0100 »

Ok, I like Nurburgring, I'm a freak Smiley Its one of my three favourite tracks but I didn't expect it to go well.

A tough and tiring weekend before that, came home and did half a lap and it didn't look good but I couldn't get my self to practice it a bit more.

Later, in quali, it felt much better and I managed two timed lap, one was with two spins and the other one had some mistakes but it was good enough for 2nd on the grid.

Dropped revs too much at the start and it looked for a moment I was going to leapfrog Hristo right at the start but then Brendan shot by me and went for it. I decided not to dice with T1 so I was just observing what it happening behind and then followed Brendan through. He soon made a mistake and let me through and then Lorenzo came up behind him. Towards the end of lap, I made a small mistake losing my rear end but only just managed to prevent the car from spinning. Brendan ws through and Lorenzo was now behind me.

As I'm not as quick as him and I am yet to do my stop, I wasn't going to hold him up for too long and once we reached the straight, instead of chasing Brendan's slipstream, I moved to the left and allowed Lorenzo some tow and then he switched to get a tow from Brendan, passing him as well and allowing me to get closer to Brendan Smiley

I then followed Brendan through lap 2, until he made a mistake and spun out so from there, it was a battle with Ken's BRM and doing the stop correctly... that is, until I figured out my GPL Wait wasn't working and no clock or phone was close to time it. So, I stopped at the end of lap 2 and counted seconds while Ken whizzed by with his BRM. During the count, I thought I had started too early as I got carried away by seeing Ken pass Cheesy so I thought that I will receive at least 6 seconds penalty for having my stop shorter for two seconds.

Soon caught up with Ken and instead of attacking, I was giving him an evil stare (learned that from his evilness) and at Karussel, Ken has had enough of it and left the banking too early and spun.

Rest of the race was bringing it home intact but maintaining that 6 seconds gap to evilClive who seemed to be doing much better during the last two laps - we both made mistakes but I think I made less Smiley

Grats to Hristo and Clive and so sorry to hear about Lorenzo as he was about to finish in a strong second position.

I had good fun on this one Smiley

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:36:04 PM +0100 »

Never quite managed a clean qualifying lap, but with everyone else making mistakes, it was enough for pole. The coopers behind me were like rockets on the start though and I had one of them going to the inside, so I took a wide line just in case, but managed to hold on to the lead. I have already decided to do the single 33 seconds pitstop even if it meant I'd probably lose the lead, but it would've provided some interesting battles. The thing that confused me while I was completing lap 1 was that I realized the pitboard is shown after the s/f, so does stopping at the end of lap 3 after you get the pitboard to show 4 to go is illegal or not? I didn't want to risk a penalty, so I made my stop at the end of lap 2 and logically lost the lead, although not by much since Lorenzo had to make his way up through the field after starting at the back. I got close to him in the middle of the 3rd lap, but there was never any real chance to make a pass, so I was just trying to put pressure on him, but not get too close and risk a contact. His car didn't look very balanced and eventually he lost it a bit going into the small karussel and went wide, so I was through. The rest of the race was just about enjoying the drive and I was just getting into a groove when it was all over. Just before that, going on the other side of the pits on the last lap, I saw Lorenzo breeze by and soon after that a message that he retired. Since I saw many retirement messages before that, at that moment I really my car's the only one remaining in the race, lol. Was happy to find a 3 coopers pack running still though, grats to them. Smiley

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:29:20 PM +0100 »

The trek though the forest and over the mountains, towing that cast iron Cooper from Zandvoort on Holland's North sea coast, was harder than expected for the pit crew. So much so, that they complained when we arrived that it was time we traded the hand cart and bought a motorised transporter!! Ungrateful wretches,     and they arrived late with a car still set up for sand dunes and sea breezes.

I warned them that I could have opted to bring the BRM or Honda, or both!!!...that cooled their complaining!!

Practice was a frustrating affair, with a car that felt like the steering wheel may have once had a relationship with the front wheels , but that was in the past and they no longer spoke to each other....at least not with a civil tongue.
4 out laps at cruising pace were fine, but each was followed by a qualifying attempt that was abysmal with scenery taking the brunt of many mistakes.
I dragged the sorry heap of metal back to the pits and slapped Arnold ( Glutbucket) around with a large piece of Bavarian sausage. He was fortuanate that I only got a few good strikes in before the Valkyrie, in the form of screaming Agnes ( Glutbucket) descended upon me. Her massive frame flattened me to the floor and I though I had drawn my last breath, but suddenly the pressure was released and all was calm again.
I looked around to see that she had only been intent on freeing the sausage, which she was now sliding down her enormous gullet like a gull swallowing a fish....whole!!!
Arnold, meanwhile had taken his chance and was hiding under the Cooper hitting various bits of metal with his hammer. Suddenly there was a cry of glee and a rather large "THWACK...CLANG!!" " that'll sort the jigger sir,  twas the setting on the bobbly whatsits wot was 'rong, but hers adjusted now"

I was in no position to discuss the matter as the start grid was forming up with me one of the last cars, save to say " If this does not work Glutbucket, you will be walking home!!" as I donned my helmet and fired up the Cooper I could have sworn I heard someone say
 "Nothing new there, then!". When I find out who that was.............

Fingers crossed that the new suspension settings would make even the slightest improvement I sat on the back of the grid waiting for the flag to drop.
Well blow me, when everyone got excited and pulled away some blighter in the left hand column bogs down and I get a clean run down the right taking me up to about 5th by T1.
Steady, steady! you did not get where you are today by being a good driver, you know that luck is fragile and should not be pushed.
UNLIKE THE BRM OF KEN, which was performing traffic calming measures that would make him the president of the Cyclists and Pedestrians Federation of Busybodies  President!! I was quicker but just could not find a way past that was safe.
So after being baulked for a whole lap and having another Cooper getting far too up close and personal with my rear, I decided to take my pitstop and allow these two to take each other off the circuit hehehehe!
Approach pits...press "pit in" button.........stop..... press "wait" button...no change of view......Huh? what!! how long...6 seconds count to six ......wait a little more .......just in case.....another car coming ....GO! ...GO!!  GO!!!!
and Steve Foster cruises by at top speed ...Rats!!! wait till I get my hands around the throat of Agnes who is supposed to sort out pit stop thingies...I'll give her bloody Bavarian sausage!!!!!!

I harrass poor Steve until he can take no more...well ok, I followed him closely through 1 corner and stared in his mirrors in a threatening manner, and he moves over and allows me to pass.
Still 5 laps of this rollercoaster of a cuircuit to go but the car actually feels quite good. Smiley

One lap later and I pass "Glyn" leaving the Pits he is all over my rather firm and athletic backside like a rash but he will have to find his own way past...or.... I can half spin and allow him to pass. Which is the tactical move I choose Roll Eyes.

As we start lap 3 he generously runs up a bank and into a fence at T3, "dam fine fellow I thought, Who is next?"
The Murray Monolith is up ahead and I am closing steadily, but he sees the futility of the struggle and parks before I can get to him.
4th place and Kruger is on the radar.
I sniff the slightest hint of a podium at Nurby, if I can only get in touch with Kruger.
So I push a little harder, which results in a few dumb mistakes losing time but causing no damage. The gap is closing but the mistakes and what later turns out to have been a pit stop in excess of 10 seconds robs me of a chance to challenge the mighty Kruger.
But, as I come off the long straight at the end of the last lap with only a few hundred metres to go, that speedy Italian Lorenzo suddenly vanishes from the readout and we have 3rd spot. Grin Grin

I should like to thank the generosity of all those who gave up their places for me and the hard work of my gifted Pit Crew......................but, the first would be a little ungracious and the second a damned lie!!!because with a correct pitstop we might have been nearer to 2nd you miserable pair of overweight, gorilla impersonating Glutbuckets!!!!

They had better get their act together for the next race, or I am taking one of the wheels off of the hand cart.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:48 PM +0100 »

I chose the BRM for the same reason I took it to Zandvort, and that was to attempt a neg lap. I'd managed to get within a second or so of negativity during the few laps of practice I'd managed, and that was without a totally clean lap, so my hopes were high. My two flying qually laps weren't exactly clean either and so mission not accomplished at that point. I wasn't badly placed on the grid however and I hoped if I tagged on to the back of one of the faster drivers they might drag me below that magic 8:21 time. The BRM with 6 laps worth of fuel onboard is not the most nimble of vehicles however and with Clive G waiting to pounce at any given opportunity my driving was somewhat inhibited. After Clive pitted and Neil clashed with Brendan I had clear track briefly before Kruger re-joined from his pit to fill my mirrors. I got carried away at Karousel and tested the root system on the hedging there, must be pretty healthy to stop a BRM!! Then I just wanted to maintain my position and hopefully get that elusive lap in before the end of the race but just after jumping the Flugplatz the motor went pop. That's two in two Pro races so I've checked GPLRA and my gearchange technique has become sloppy. Virtually all my changes were shown as speedshifts and I was hitting 11,000rpm on each up change. Time to be a bit more disciplined with my feet.

Some screenies from the Historic race I had promised earlier, just to give an idea of the nice Kellaaa update I got hold of recently. He only put it up on RSC for a few days before removing it but I heard he was still refining it and he would release it again in due course. It adds loads more vegetation.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:08:21 PM +0100 by Ken Murray » Logged
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 11:54:27 PM +0100 »

Some screenies from the Historic race I had promised earlier, just to give an idea of the nice Kellaaa update I got hold of recently. He only put it up on RSC for a few days before removing it but I heard he was still refining it and he would release it again in due course. It adds loads more vegetation.
Oh dear, who ever said we need more vegetation in Nurburgring  laugh

Nice screenies Ken, thx.

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 07:34:07 PM +0100 »

With just few cars going at nurby, i thought it was good to get some nice points here.

Start went well but spun it at turn 1, managed to keep going and was chasing Ken for the 1st half of the lap until, i got side by side with Neil.

We had contact with wheels but that put me in hedge backwards, but luckily for me i could actually get out, but i had to spin car around, when Steven turned up and hit me, which ended my race.

I would put this down to an racing incident, it was a blind position, Steve couldnt do anything about it, nor could I.

That was the end of my race

Edited Wink  laugh
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:28:19 PM +0100 by Burtoner » Logged

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 08:03:30 PM +0100 »

With just few cars going at nurby, i thought it was good to get some nice points here, and to get a 66 rank up and running, as it was my last track i needed a time for.

Erm, was this not a 67 race?   Huh
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 09:44:52 PM +0100 »

With just few cars going at nurby, i thought it was good to get some nice points here, and to get a 66 rank up and running, as it was my last track i needed a time for.

And I thought I was confused  Cheesy

Poor Burt working tooooooo hard  Roll Eyes

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:08:35 PM +0100 »

And I thought I was confused  Cheesy

Poor Burt working tooooooo hard  Roll Eyes

aye bloody working for 10hrs with a flu, headache isnt good.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 11:10:18 PM +0100 »

Maybe it was my 66 screenshots that confused matters.

Here's some more from the D1 race.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:12:15 PM +0100 by Ken Murray » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com