Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 04:59:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 8 - structure and format  (Read 5795 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 02:09:06 PM +0100 »

I think the GTCs can do 50 or 60 minutes without any real strategy? 50 minutes certainly - 60 minutes might be pushing the tyres a bit too far.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:06 PM +0100 »

As much as i would love to do longer races all week, i value my cahunas/peace and quiet so would respectfully ask we keep sprints as 'sprints' in length. If we go 60 mins i will have to retire from srouk. (no clapping in the back there! Wink )

Varied weather should be used for GTC sprints, that would spice it up nicely and hopefully cause the odd upset in the usual pecking order. GT1 kept dry...for now at least, until numbers are established and then perhaps have a mid season vote?

I wasnt aware that GTC sprints 'suffered' last season  Huh  Races seemed pretty well attended as far as i remember and every event was action packed (for me).
Im still suprised that G3 is that popular ?

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:03 PM +0100 »

I think the GTCs can do 50 or 60 minutes without any real strategy?

I disagree, anything more than 40 minutes in any car and tyres come in to play, which means you have to decide on strategy of running hards or stopping for softer tyres. You're tyres last because you drive like an old man, but the rest of us actually use some rubber. Tongue Kiss

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 02:49:44 PM +0100 »

Im still suprised that G3 is that popular ?

Last seasons Gt3 events were basically some of the best/closest/most fun races I have ever had here at SRou.....and that was only with 2 cars to choose from.  Shocked

This year the field has been expanded to give a much wider choice of cars and the test races that have been held so far have shown that all the cars are competetive (ish) with each other. The beauty of it IMO is that there is a very diverse choice of vehicle characteristics....the Viper that wont turn...the vertigo that wont go straight (quickly anyway  Wink) the Ickle elise that eats rubber for brekky and the other two more 'normal' handling cars too.... Grin

They may be the slowest class...but they give the best racing both for the 'experienced' folk and for any newcommers that perhaps dont feel confident yet in some of the faster cars.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 02:57:17 PM +0100 »

M'eh, sounds like a Mondeo drivers league to me  sleep1 Should suit you pink boys down to the ground  Wink

Each to their own i guess.  Undecided  I could understand if it was a close and furious sprint series using the slow cars but not trundling around for upto 2 hours or so. The real world doesnt even use these class of cars in any endurance length does it?...maybe Britcar 24.

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 03:03:27 PM +0100 »

M'eh, sounds like a Mondeo drivers league to me
  laugh

Don't knock it till you've tried it..... Tongue Wink bring your Porka out to play tonight, don't worry though, they are that slow you will still have plenty of time so sip Cinzano etc.  laugh

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
DynoDaz
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 03:05:45 PM +0100 »

As much as i would love to do longer races all week, i value my cahunas/peace and quiet so would respectfully ask we keep sprints as 'sprints' in length. If we go 60 mins i will have to retire from srouk. (no clapping in the back there! Wink )

If we reduce both practise and qualifying sessions by 5 minutes each, a 50 minute race won't take up anymore time...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:09:09 PM +0100 »

our team cup cars have been modified to hold our Cinzano specially in place on the dash  Smiley It also has a cigar holder on the roll cage at head height to allow a quick chug whilst racing  Cool

I will indeed roll out the cup car this eve and see how it performs amongst this modified G3 class (assuming my duff ISP holds out..not lasted longer than 5 laps in last two meets  Angry)

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:14:58 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't be against stretching sprints to 50 mins...imo it would bring a little more driving style into play to keep the tyres in usable condition till the end.

DynoDaz
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 03:16:19 PM +0100 »

It's funny how your connection always fails just after I overtake you.  whistling
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 03:18:24 PM +0100 »

you wish tea boy !

funny i dont recall even seeing you at the two Le Mans 'proper mans' races ? whistling

DynoDaz
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 03:21:52 PM +0100 »

Well this tea boy is going to kick your ass tonight!  Grin

That's providng the pink men don't grab it first Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 03:28:09 PM +0100 »

keep your fantasies to yourself ...on both counts Wink Grin

I had a quick 20min praccy last night and the vertigo in AI hands had a clear 1sec advantage over the other G3 cars on track including myself  Sad

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 03:31:31 PM +0100 »

First Sunday: Upper Endurance, GT1 and GT2, at the same track as the GT1 Sprint race. Races 3 and 6 will be nominated as "Super Endurance" events and run over 130 minutes; the others will run over 80 minutes as at present.

Second Sunday: GT3 Endurance. With the expanded choice of cars I hope this will also be well attended. Races will be 80 minutes each and we will have one Super Endurance race of 130 minutes in the first half of the season; if that proves popular we will run a second one towards the end of the season.

GT1 Enduro remains, nice punk

Excellent decision to include super endurance races Smiley

The GT3 championship should offer some great racing. This will be an awesome season, I cant wait Smiley

H@L9000

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Busi

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 04:19:11 PM +0100 »

Agreed on the general opinion that GT1 and GTC sprints should swap the kind of weather, that'd be good for both series. I'm up for all Tuesday sprint races, a big shame though that the Vertigo has been removed from GTC, I was hoping to drive it in that class. Good idea I think to increase the GTC races duration to 50 min.

About Sunday races, I expected GT3 class to have a sprint series rather than endurance which may become a bit exhausting, specially 130 min races LOL but I'm up for both endurance series as well Cheesy

"To finish first, first you have to finish"

http://gtr2.gplrank.info/viewLaptimesbyUserId?user_id=29287
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com