The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 12:41:53 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website problems  (Read 4023 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:06:16 AM +0100 »

Some users are currently having problems accessing the SRou web site; this appears to be related to a routing issue for networks entering the HostICan data centre from the Cogent network.

I've raised a support ticket with HostICan for them to look into it but right now I'm struggling to convince them that there's a problem. Luckily for me, my work and home connections don't seem to be suffering, but we know there are problems from the game server and also Shark HQ's connection.

I will keep you posted as (and if) I make any progress getting this looked into and resolved.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:26 PM +0100 »

Update: no news from HostICan, but if anyone is having problems and is feeling and can figure out how to do it, they can try the following, from http://community.acanac.com/acanac/viewtopic.php?t=3508:

The solution to this problem was to set the MTU to below 1450, and the MRU to below 1450.

It would appear that HostICan aren't the only provider having problems with networks peered via Cogent. Hopefully this isn't a resurgence of the peering dispute between them and Telia from a few years ago which was very disruptive. Undecided

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:04 PM +0100 »

Not sure who's done what but the games server is connecting ok again just now Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:06:06 PM +0100 »

Still issues?

Tried practising on the GTR2 server tonight but cant see it on the list. Is it running? Almost thought the site was down when i tried conecting to the forum as IE came up with website cannot be displayed. Hitting refresh a few times helped after a minute.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 07:26:14 PM +0100 »

Almost thought the site was down when i tried conecting to the forum as IE came up with website cannot be displayed.

Maybe you should try a different web browser then. Wink

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49:38 PM +0100 »

Still issues?

Tried practising on the GTR2 server tonight but cant see it on the list. Is it running? Almost thought the site was down when i tried conecting to the forum as IE came up with website cannot be displayed. Hitting refresh a few times helped after a minute.

Embarrassed my fault with the server...knew i'd forgotten something last night.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 10:09:37 PM +0100 »

Oh ok, no problem  Smiley

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:32 AM +0100 »

Ha Ha Not a SROU service I guess  Grin

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com