by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 11:21:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting to realise how good iRacing is...  (Read 60493 times)
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:59 PM +0100 »

Still pulling my hair out with this game.

9.15 this morning only 15 people registered to race.

My race was 7 cars and was clean and fair throughout with some nice overtakes, unfortunately on myself.

I've been lapping quicker today and getting into the 1.22s on a regular basis.

I did the qualifying at 10.50 and posted another 1.22.6 in preparation for the 11.15am race.

It was a really closely matched field according to qualifying times.

First corner my chances were already gone. We were all showing consideration for one another and one of the drivers from behind decided to try and shoot between us all. Bounced off me damaging my steering and hit the car on the outside, and this kept him straight.

I kept going with steering out a bit and car struggling to turn right.

He then spun on the near flat out left hander and took a few people out and that let me jump a few places.

It was then a case of him passing me twice then going off yet again, then two real crazy rejoins and I just missed him on both occasions.

Cars were spinning left right and centre. Nearly everyone was in the 1.21-22s yet it looked like they had never played the game before.

With my bent car and lapping slower than normal, I started 7th and came back up to 5th due to the amount of mistakes.

Was a very poor race.

It seems for every good race there is about 4 duff ones.
Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2008, 12:26:39 PM +0100 »

You probably know this, but.....if I bend the car, I reset after just passing the s/f line....that way I don't lose a lap and have a nice car to drive again.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2008, 12:37:22 PM +0100 »

You probably know this, but.....if I bend the car, I reset after just passing the s/f line....that way I don't lose a lap and have a nice car to drive again.

Probably would have been wise, but I was in the middle of a few cars so was more interested in racing than stopping to reset.
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2008, 07:39:41 PM +0100 »

After listening to the horror stories of the folks here taking part in the skip barber races, I have gone ahead and bought the damn thing along with the tracks  Grin

I had hoped to spend a week or so racing the Advanced Solstice but the Advanced Races never seem to take place....where is everyone???

So I have gone ahead and got the skippy....not tried it yet but I will be having a praccy a bit later.

Oh...got it with the years subs credits...might as well get the years subscription...it works out cheaper that way, especially with the current offer an as well...

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2008, 08:00:20 PM +0100 »

RM, forget the awful Solstice, my road car is more fun (and quicker!), do time trials to get your safety rating up to 4.0 and then come join us in Skippyland, it's streets ahead of the Pontiac rubbish and the first single seater since F1GP which I don't completely hate.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 22, 2008, 08:07:33 PM +0100 »

I'll be there sharpish then, I already have a Rating of 4.69.  Grin

I'm gonna put in some practice in first though I want to have the car well in hand before I venture out into the wild  taz

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: August 22, 2008, 08:16:00 PM +0100 »

clap I Am Not Worthy

I'm not going to do any more racing until it rotates to Lime Rock on Sunday - already done more than enough to get my Class C, still want to get my money's worth though!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2008, 10:48:12 PM +0100 »

Awesome! Just bagged my first win in the Late Model thumbup2

Led all 50 laps Cool

Legends Racing simracing team
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 22, 2008, 11:52:32 PM +0100 »

clap I Am Not Worthy

I'm not going to do any more racing until it rotates to Lime Rock on Sunday - already done more than enough to get my Class C, still want to get my money's worth though!

I was thinking the same but I know fine well come tomorrow I will just have to race.

I really don't like Summit point. It has everything that is causing problems in iracing.

Although I criticise many things about iracing, not the driving aspect though, I don't ever recall being so addicted to GTR2.

Maybe it's because I'm not doing well and feel I need to prove something.

It's sad when you've set your alarm to get up in preparation for the 9.15am race on your backshift week!
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2008, 11:54:08 PM +0100 »

Awesome! Just bagged my first win in the Late Model thumbup2

Led all 50 laps Cool

Nice one. I've not done many oval races in the legend, but no doubt as the yanks love their ovals the competition is fierce.

Grats.
popabawa
Legendary Leader

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 23, 2008, 12:00:52 AM +0100 »

I've just done my first race at Summit Point and I'm happy to say it was an extremely good one!

A masterclass from our very own Mo who went from 11th all the way up to 2nd place with some amazing driving. Bravo sir!

Despite being slower than almost everyone this tortoise scraped an error-free 6th place Smiley

Driving was very courteous and fair too Smiley

Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2008, 09:07:53 AM +0100 »

Despite being slower than almost everyone this tortoise scraped an error-free 6th place Smiley

Driving was very courteous and fair too Smiley

Well done - keeping it on the tarmac and out of trouble usually brings rewards unless you have the (mis?)fortune of being paired with like-minded drivers.
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2008, 09:30:20 AM +0100 »

Hey guys, my first win!
Took a break from my usual 7th'ish in the skippy at Summit Point and jumped
in a legend for a blast at South Boston!
Started 7th, managed to get past all the idiots swerving everywhere, even when being lapped!
and got the win! Even after a tiny spin in the early stages.
Competition wasn't that tough though! Wink

Bigger achievement now I think about it was getting a few laps in the 1.24's in the skippy!
Finally I seem to be getting quicker!

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
popabawa
Legendary Leader

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2008, 10:32:49 AM +0100 »

Congrats on the win Martin!

I finally got into the 1:24's at Summit yesterday too, looks like we'll be ready... just in time for the track to change tomorrow!  Grin

Gothwitch

The joy of watching grown men race tables!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2008, 10:33:47 AM +0100 »

Is anyone having sound issues with I racing??..... Everytime Ade went over a kerb last night the sound went incredibly loud then died completely, only coming back when he hit another kerb hard enough, apparently racing with no sound is a nightmare (well I can hear him swearing and cursing for a start!) .....anyone had any similar problems???

Gothic bitch..and proud of it...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: