Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:09:29 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S15D1 Lime Rock: July 13, 2008
July 13, 2008, 09:57:20 PM +0100 - Lime Rock (mountain) - UKGPL Season 15 (2008) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 1 1:37.979
107.301mph
1 50:09.524
104.800mph
30 1:38.433
106.806mph
Firestone  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +1.528
105.653mph
2 +1:08.460
102.469mph
30 1:39.056
106.134mph
Firestone  
Kruger Enge
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 4 +2.838
104.281mph
3 +1L
101.107mph
29 1:41.626
103.450mph
Firestone  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 3 +2.676
104.448mph
4 (+1) +19.597
100.455mph
29 1:39.566
105.591mph
Firestone  
EvilClive

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +3.064
104.047mph
5 +13L
95.669mph
17 1:41.706
103.369mph
Disco
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +5.063
102.029mph
6 +15L
98.886mph
15 1:42.722
102.347mph
Disco
Firestone  
Brendan
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 5 +2.968
104.146mph
7 +17L
100.931mph
13 1:41.667
103.409mph
Disco
Firestone  
Burtoner
 The Coopermen
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +6.933
100.210mph
8 +30L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 11 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Summary

Another dominant win by Hristo and solid second place for Lorenzo. Kruger battled on to secure second place and seal a clean sweep for the Coopers. Clearly the nimble Coopers were the chassis of choice round the twisty undulating turns of Lime Rock. However with three out of the seven Coopers that started experiencing engine problems they proved not to be the most robust and needed to be treated gently to ensure they reached the finish.

Kruger leapfrogged Ken when they made their pit stops at the end of lap fourteen. This wouldn't have happened except for the fact that Ken's pit stop was eight seconds too long; as they left the pits Kruger was two seconds ahead (when he should have been six seconds behind). This was doubly unfortunate for Ken who a lap later rear-ended Kruger in his efforts trying to regain the position.

Server replay time: 0h02m11s

Lap 1 - Zig Zag - Robert Burton and Ken Murray

After running wide at turn 1, Ken is desperate to make up time and is all over Burt's gearbox as they negotiate the Zig Zag. Unfortunately Burt's engine lets go and he slows dramatically. Ken cannot avoid the stricken Cooper and contact is made. Burt is out of the race but fortunately Ken can continue, seemingly unaffected.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h11m35s

Lap 7 - Vaill's Bend - Kruger Enge and Ken Murray

Kruger goes in a bit hot and spins. In his haste to recover he uses slightly too much throttle and spins again. Ken is approaching fast and tries to squeeze past on the inside. He manages it too but there is slight warp contact and Ken is sent into a spin. Fortunately he is able to continue with nothing more than a loss of momentum.

Although the final contact was warp induced it wouldn't have happened if Kruger hadn't been over aggressive on the throttle whilst trying to recover. It is very important that drivers are very careful not to impede others when rejoining after an incident.

• Kruger Engecaution — Exercise more care when rejoining.

Server replay time: 0h24m55s

Lap 14 - Pit Lane - Ken Murray

Ken brings his Ferrari to a halt on the entry to the pit lane. Fortunately there is no pit wall so other drivers were not impeded nevertheless pit stops should be made in the stalls. Unlike some circuits, the stalls are long enough to accommodate a full field of 19 cars so there is really no need to stop outside the stalls. Moreover it is not necessary to spin the wheels for an eleven second stop; there is no chance GPL will retire the driver for being stationary for just eleven seconds.

• Ken Murray — Incorrect Pit Stop — 5.000 seconds added

Server replay time: 0h27m12s

Lap 16 - Vaill's Bend - Kruger Enge and Ken Murray

Ken is catching Kruger on the approach to Vaill's bend. Although Ken's entry speed is slower than on his previous laps, he is still much faster than Kruger and he rear ends the Cooper. Fortunately both Ken and Kruger can continue.

It is clear from Ken's previous laps that, despite the speed differential between himself and Kruger, he would have made the corner. Nevertheless it is the following drivers responsibility to ensure no rear end contact is made. However given Kruger was fractionally slower than he had been on previous laps (and was considerably slower than Ken expected) then this does constitute mitigating circumstances and the normal 2 place penalty has been reduced.

• Ken Murraypenalty — Rear End Shunt — 1 place lost

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
1:37.979
107.297mph
Hristo Itchov
Qualifying
Cooper T81b (Maserati)July 13, 2008, 09:57:20 PM +0100
S15D1
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
1:38.433
106.802mph
Hristo Itchov
Race
Cooper T81b (Maserati)July 13, 2008, 09:57:20 PM +0100
S15D1
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 15 Division 1 - Lime Rock (mountain) - Jul 13  (Read 5566 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:36:15 AM +0100 »

Division 1 - Round 8 - Lime Rock Mountain

Round 8 of the Season 15 Div 1 championship is at Lime Rock Mountain.  This is the first time Division 1 have been to Lime Rock Mountain.  It's an extended version of the short track used last season with some Nurburgring-like sweeps and crests to provide some extra passing opportunities.  The track can be downloaded here.

Don't forget, incident reports should be entered on the SRou system following the link at the bottom of the results table when it appears.  Race details below.

Div 1 Season 15 Round 8 is this Sunday at 9:00 p.m. London UK time.
Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
VROC and Race passwords: see above

Server 1.ukgpl
IP address  194.105.176.22

Race date = 13-07-2008
Track = Lime Rock Mountain
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = 50 minutes (30 laps)

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Pit Stop Times
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Honda
No Stop

N/A
BRM
Stop and Go

N/A
Cooper

N/A
Brabham

N/A
Eagle

Ferrari

Lotus

First Pit Window is: 24 (to go on your pit board) to 16 (to go on your pit board)
 Second Pit Window is: 22 (to go on your pit board) to 8 (to go on your pit board)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:48:39 AM +0100 »

A significant minority of Clubman's Cup drivers experienced a screen freeze at this track last week.  There is a possibility that this could happen again.  If it does I would rather not have a protracted post mortem on whether or not to rerun the race. 

To make sure this doesn't happen I propose I join the race as an observer.  If I do notice a major problem on the first couple of laps I'll shutdown the server there and then.  I'll restart the race with 10 mins praccy so you'll have the chance for a couple of flying laps.  Trying to ensure we reconstruct the grid from the aborted race practice by organizing the order in which drivers joined would be possible but problematic.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:57:45 PM +0100 »

Phil are you saying there may be a server error related to the number of cars assembled on the grid ? i.e. bandwidth ?
If so maybe we could try 2 heats and a final so half the number of cars in each heat and the top finishers go through to the final shoot out 

just a thought  Roll Eyes  an idea    Roll Eyes   but probably way off the mark  Shocked

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:39:44 PM +0100 »

So your basically saying if theres another problem your restart the server and try again?

Thanks for not letting that happen in the Clubmans race :/  Angry

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:12:10 PM +0100 »

So your basically saying if theres another problem your restart the server and try again?

Will you stop bloody whinging!!!  Angry

We had a problem with a track, unknown at the time, and we're trying to prevent it from happening again, having the benefit of hindsight.

Are you suggesting that I, as a mod, should stop racing and be there at every race to make sure you are not robbed of points due to unforeseen eventualities? That's asking a tad bit too much.

I don't remember you being very vocal when other people were struck with server problems and you went on to collect good results...

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:49:18 PM +0100 »

Will you stop bloody whinging!!!  Angry

We had a problem with a track, unknown at the time, and we're trying to prevent it from happening again, having the benefit of hindsight.

Are you suggesting that I, as a mod, should stop racing and be there at every race to make sure you are not robbed of points due to unforeseen eventualities? That's asking a tad bit too much.

I don't remember you being very vocal when other people were struck with server problems and you went on to collect good results...

ROFLMFAO  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 10:01:04 PM +0100 »

Watched the first few laps.  No discos or server probs so left to let the guys get on with it.  Stunning pole from H BTW  I Am Not Worthy
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 01:26:43 PM +0100 »

Watched the first few laps.  No discos or server probs so left to let the guys get on with it.  Stunning pole from H BTW  I Am Not Worthy

Thanks, Phil, the lap felt on the limit for me, nearly lost it in the last turns too. After my Piston failure in the Masters race though I had a cautious start to this one and lost 2 places early on. Made some changes to the setup before the start so I wasn't sure how the car would react plus was watching over the rev limiter for some time before pressing on. Lorenzo was going at a good pace but he soon hit tyre problems or so it seemed to me as his backend was often unstable on exits so I managed to catch him in a few laps and eventually pass into T1. I wasn't exactly sure if the pit window was at lap 18 or 16 so I did my stop earlier to make sure. Not sure what was going on behind, but the gap expanded over time and I just focused on enjoying this great track, which then nearly cost me the race as I went off at that downhill section and into the tree wall, but managed to brush off enough speed to avoid doing any serious damage. Had a spin then and a few more slight acts of disbalance, the last one being an off on the final corner on the final lap to make things more interesting. Grats to all.  Tongue

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:59 PM +0100 »

the last one being an off on the final corner on the final lap to make things more interesting. Grats to all. 

saw that and had a good chuckle , also noticed you also found the tennis raquet at the bottom of the hill   Cheesy

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 05:48:00 PM +0100 »

Huge grats to Hristo.....that qually lap was a stunner!!!
I had toyed with the idea of running a WAZA for this race, but after the previous weeks Masters carnage I chickened out and took the all conquering Cooper.
Qually was a bit of a disappointment, as I had managed a second faster a few hours earlier, but with a relatively small grid and a long race against similar machinery I figured it was ok.
Only Ken was brave enough to take something different ( well done Ken, Grin ).
Off the line I was harrassed by Bernie ( in a coop) up the inside of T1 but manged to squeeze my way around the outside and into T2 in front of him.
That put me behind Brendan ( in a coop) and Kruger ( in a coop)...hmmm I thought to myself this is going to be interesting ( in my coop). The pace picked up over the first few laps as tyres warmed and confidence grew. Then one or two people seemed to suffer from magnetic attraction to trees and dived into the foliage on the long downhill bend. Kruger was one of them ( in a coop) which left me ( in my coop) chasing Brendan ( in his coop) for about 10 laps. Kruger seemed to be having probs ( with his coop) and dropped back and out of sight, whilst Brendan ( in his coop) and I ( in my coop) traded half second differences through various sectors but neither gaining an advantage ( in our coops). Until Brendan ( in his coop ) got a little wobbly into T1 and I managed to slip up the inside of (his coop) with ( my coop) and take the position.
Now the roles were reversed and Brendan was chasing ( my coop) in ( his coop), but I seemed to be able to lap a little quicker forcing Brendan ( in his coop) to pull out some very sideways cornering to keep up.
I knew that this track has a reputation for not taking prisoners and with 3rd place on offer approaching half distance and Brendan ( in his coop) was determined to push me ( in my coop) so I thought  I would play the pitstop card. Hoping that he would carry on and I could concentrate on my own pace and not be distracted  ( by a coop) in my mirrors.
But, Brendan ( in his coop) followed me ( in my coop) into the pits where it all went wrong. I selected neutral instead of first gear and over revved the engine sending half the pistons ( from my coop) over the top of the pits, whilst Brendan ( in his coop) slid gracefully out of the pits and away.
I nearly quit  ( with my coop) there and then, but figured that as I was still moving ( in my coop) albeit slowly, I would stick around in the hope that someone would attempt some more tree felling ( in their coops ).
Sure enough Grin, Brendan vanished ( in his coop) and a few laps later so did Bernie Smiley ( in his coop) leaving me in 5th place and a long way last ( in my coop ) Ithought about carrying on for the last dozen laps when the decision was taken from me.
My coop decided that it would put all of the pistons in the same place,.... and that was not to be within the engine block but somewhere in the grass behind the pits ( in the chicken coop!!!!).
So I coasted into the pits and parked it, disappointed not to have done better, but relieved to have salvaged at least a couple of points. Undecided

Grats to the podium ( if they were in coops or not ) and big thanks to Brendan for a great half a race, just sorry I screwed up in the pits and missed the second half Undecided ( in my coop )

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:59:35 PM +0100 »

Lol Clive , I passed your smoking coop in my none smoking coop but it must have been your well placed coop oil slick that had my coop off shortly after .

BTW

did you get your oil from the co-op shop  Roll Eyes

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 06:36:12 PM +0100 »

... I just focused on enjoying this great track, ....
Glad you liked it H.   thumbup2
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:42:43 PM +0100 »

When lady luck smiles upon you, you can even afford your self a crap race and still make the best result possible  Undecided

Quali was ok, I was happy to be in front of Brendan and Clive. At the start of the race, I saw Ken going off at T1 and I knew it would compromise his chassis selection as he was bound to lose a lot of time. I saw one Cooper ahead of me going throgh T2 a bit awkwardly and losing a racing line so I slipped past. At the time I thought it was Lorenzo as it was the second Cooper who lost control, Hristo as it would turn out seconds later... Hristo quickly regained his speed and went for the inside towards the hairpin and I didn't put up a fight thinking it was Lorenzo - sorry to both of you anyway, I just thought that I should let Lorenzo and Hristo race each other beforte Hristo shot off in the distance; I had my own race to look after.

Was followed by Clive and Brendan but maintained the distance, until I made first of three mistakes and dropped behind them. I could follow them but I wasn't gaining as much as I'd like. Then made another mistake and dropped further behind Ken and Bernie. Had fun chasing bernie, who was going rather good and managed to overtake him on the straight.

At one point, I made a mistake into T1 and spun and although I moved away from racing line to regain speed, I was conceding the position to Ken who was approaching at racing speed but made a mistake and spun again, clipping Ken in the process. Sry about that.

Ken got even sometimes later, also in T1 Tongue I looked at replay and I was braking at my usual place and I was taking my normal line but Ken was caught nevertheless and there was a small contact, fortunatelly  without any damage to either cars.

Before my stop, I noticed Brendan and Clive were too close to me and soon I passed Clive and his smoking Cooper and Brendan soon parked it as well. As Ken was too busy standing still in the pitstop, I still got a podium - albeit a lucky one.

Grats to Hristo and Lorenzo

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 03:16:51 PM +0100 »

My entire practice schedule for this one was half an hour before logging into Vroc (missing Top Gear in the process).  Anyway, I'd been running 1:43s in praccy so was happy to slip under 1:41 and line up 4th on the grid. 

After holding off two Coopers at the start and picking up the 3rd place relinquished by Kruger I hoped to settle into a rythym and build a gap to 4th.  Unfortunately for me Clive had other ideas and we battled for 10 or so laps.  I think I was a little quicker over the first half of the lap, but Clive was pegging me back at the end of the lap.  After he bullied me off line at T1 at nicked 3rd I tried in vain to keep up but the cause looked lost.  I pitted on the same lap, nearly running into Clive's gearbox and thanks to his "issues" rejoined in 3rd. 

This lasted all of 1 and a half laps until my pistons also made their way to Maserati heaven, race over. 

I suppose the only thing learnt from Sunday's adventures is to put iRacing down in the week leading upto a league race, if that is at all possible.

Grats to all finishers and especilly the podium

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com