by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 06:36:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade path!?  (Read 12291 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 09:03:38 PM +0100 »

It is Smiley

21.008 to beat now Grin

I will call your 21.008 and raise you a 20.974  Kiss

It took two tries and some major setup tinkering though! First attempt was a 21.039

With a late (geddit?) run in the rails I pulled home a 20.969 Smiley

My turn for the lolly stick I guess this week! lol

Legends Racing simracing team
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 11:00:05 PM +0100 »

Did my first race this season, in Late Models. Car #9 finished 10th, with no incident points. Managed to avoid the pile up in lap 2. Only used the base setup, with one practice session on Martinsville, so I'm quite happy with that. Increased my SR with .14. Had a steady lap time of about 21.5.

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 12:44:29 PM +0100 »

Nice one Pops! I stuck one of theose Mr Freeze things on the front for this week. Hope to see both you, Morten and the Shark at Irwindale. I haven't turned a wheel there yet was doing the Advanced Legends and Skippy yesterday.

In the Adv Legends I somehow managed a 17.3 in qualifying. Did a race as well and won starting from pole but it was poor. There were just two of us lapping consistantly and fortunately when we were in the open I could pull out a gap to him quite easily. I lost count of how many spinners there were and just about every other lap we were taking avoiding action. I had to amost come to a stop on a couple of occasions allowing 2nd place to catch right back up again. The standard was pretty bad and only 3 of us on the lead lap.   
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2008, 01:03:40 PM +0100 »

I haven't bought Irwindale yet so won't be seeing you just yet. Not buying anything else until I get the $15 bonus credit as it has to be spent before the end of September anyway (another stupid policy imho).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 01:22:42 PM +0100 »

Cheers Paul, I'm looking forward to another good battle this week Smiley

I've run some laps at Irwindale but I'm a long way off being fast. It's really hard to find the right line.

19.1's is all I can manage at the moment but I think sub 19 will be required Tongue

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2008, 01:46:25 PM +0100 »

I haven't bought Irwindale yet so won't be seeing you just yet. Not buying anything else until I get the $15 bonus credit as it has to be spent before the end of September anyway (another stupid policy imho).

What if they dont bring out any more content before September 30th and you've already bought it all?
Not that I have, I'm just being a smarta$$, but I'm sure their best customers who bought everything wont be impressed!

I've done two oval races so far but I'm still a rookie so doomed to drive the Legend for the moment. Getting absolutely trounced on the ovals though and was lapped twice the other night at Lanier laugh
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2008, 02:09:58 PM +0100 »

Best thing I did to improve my consistency was reduce force feedback to very low. I'm running 3 on the Late Model, 5 on the Skippy, 4 on the Mazda and I would think 4-5 on the Legends. That's with 100% force in Windows.

It's so much easier to be consistent when every little bump doesn't throw your car towards the barrier for both oval and road racing. It's not really improved my times, but it's easier to not fall off and that in turn helps you go a little faster.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2008, 02:31:15 PM +0100 »

There is also quite a lot in the setup with Ovals especially towards the end of the race. If you want any of mine then just PM me your email address.

The key to ovals is maximising speed into and through the corner while holding as lower line as possible and then top get on the power as early as possible without sliding up the track too early. I try to always late apex most corners although they do vary if the oval is more D shaped, for example at the last corner of concord is faster in and then slower later on in the corner to keep a tight exit where as the first corenr is slower in and the power ASAP.

Some ovals need braking others dont of course. At Lanier Mo I don't brake at all into the Legends. In fact in the rookie car you can keep full throttle on even as you begin turn into the corner then just come off to keep the car tight to the apron line. In the Adv version you need to roll off and onto the throttle a bit more.

Also strongly disagree with the having to use the extra $15 before the end of September. It doens't effect me though fortunately as I am about to pull the trigger on the class C content tonight. If I dont have the voucher before then I will get the radical with it as soon as it arrives. 
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 02:33:33 PM +0100 »

There is also quite a lot in the setup with Ovals especially towards the end of the race. If you want any of mine then just PM me your email address.

You've got mail! Grin

I was having a problem at Martinsville in that I could lap at TT pace for 25 laps but after that I was starting lose up to 0.5 seconds a lap. My wear wasn't too bad at the end I didn't think, but I certainly simply couldn't lap at the same speed.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
popabawa
Legendary Leader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 02:36:28 PM +0100 »

Something tells me there will be some new content to spend the $15 on by the end of September.

We know Sebring is coming soon and the License 'B' ovals car hasn't been confirmed yet but we know the Craftsmen Trucks are already in the code.

Just my guess anyway.

popabawa
Legendary Leader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 02:39:17 PM +0100 »

I was having a problem at Martinsville in that I could lap at TT pace for 25 laps but after that I was starting lose up to 0.5 seconds a lap. My wear wasn't too bad at the end I didn't think, but I certainly simply couldn't lap at the same speed.

Were you using the Sim-Chassis set-up? I was able to run in the low 21's all the way to the end with it so it might be more your technique that the set-up?

I found I had to move my braking points fractionally further back during the race to compensate for the tyre wear.

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 03:23:15 PM +0100 »

You've got mail! Grin

Got that Si. Will email all my Late Model over tonight when i get home. They all slow down towards the end a bit but not too bad. I just try to make sure I dont smoke the right front and like Pops said as the wear begins to effect the car just take it easier into the corner and try to carry the same exit speed as normal. I hope they help.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 03:42:33 PM +0100 »

I'd be quite surprised if Sebring isn't $25 tbh.

I was having to brake earlier but that just meant I was going slower cause i was braking earlier. laugh Everyone else seemed to be going at the same speed the whole way through whilst I was going backwards (not literally Wink). I was having to let people past because I just couldn't maintain the same lap times.

It's an adaptation of the Sim-Chassis one Pops. I made some changes to make it feel a bit more stable. Helped me down to very low 21s in TimeTrial mode.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:11 PM +0100 »

Morten/Si I have emailed the setups if you have any problems with the email just let me know!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 11:56:28 PM +0100 »

Morten/Si I have emailed the setups if you have any problems with the email just let me know!

Thanks Paul, have received them. Not had time tonight to play though. Will let you know how I get on when I get some track time.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: