Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 10:28:59 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U8US Dubai: September 02, 2008
September 02, 2008, 08:48:04 PM +0100 - Dubai (GP) - UKGTR Season 8 Upper Sprint (GT1)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Truetom
 Legends Racing
Saleen S7-R (#4004) GT1 2 +0.733
106.593mph
1 39:12.798
101.781mph
20 1:53.360
105.624mph
Pirelli  
stnasky
 Team RVS
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (#4108) GT1 7 +1.965
105.437mph
2 +0.384
101.764mph
20 1:52.924
106.031mph
Michelin  
ginsters sponsored
 Kerb Crawlers
Maserati MC12 (#870013) GT1 1 1:51.596
107.293mph
3 +4.560
101.584mph
20 1:53.260
105.717mph
Pirelli  
psuedo
 Team Pseudo Racing
Saleen S7-R (#730052) GT1 3 +1.057
106.287mph
4 +5.699
101.535mph
20 1:53.243
105.733mph
Pirelli  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Ferrari 550 Maranello (#950001) GT1 6 +1.877
105.518mph
5 +7.586
101.454mph
20 1:53.232
105.743mph
Michelin  
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#980001) GT1 10 +2.933
104.546mph
6 +21.586
100.856mph
20 1:54.320
104.737mph
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Maserati MC12 (#950008) GT1 5 +1.337
106.023mph
7 +26.856
100.632mph
20 1:53.409
105.578mph
Pirelli  
evert blommert
 Dutch Turtles
Lister Storm (#4014) GT1 9 +2.725
104.736mph
8 +28.041
100.582mph
20 1:54.090
104.948mph
Michelin  
JPS

Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#3036) GT1 11 +3.266
104.242mph
9 +55.569
99.433mph
20 1:55.591
103.585mph
Michelin  
Prof
 Team Shark
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#980001) GT1 10 +1:00.329
99.236mph
20 1:55.879
103.328mph
Michelin  
David M

Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#4029) GT1 11 +4L 16 1:54.612
104.470mph
unknown
Michelin  
Steve Holmes
 Legends Racing
Lister Storm (#4027) GT1 8 +2.418
105.018mph
12 16 1:54.516
104.557mph
unknown
Michelin  
purdie
 Racin24-7
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#960037) GT1 4 +1.215
106.138mph
13 +10L 10 1:53.896
105.127mph
suspension
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 1697s

Truetom has momentum on Sponsored by Ginsters at the end of the straight and attempts to overtake on the inside of the corner. Truetom controls his braking and enters the corner with a three-quarters overlap. There is slight contact on the apex of the corner causing SbG to lose more speed and track position.
I feel both drivers have been very fair in their description of the incident and it is a close call. Given that Truetom has a very good overlap and has maintained car control, he could reasonably expect to be given a fraction more space. Given the small margins involved here, neither driver is at fault and I conclude this is a racing incident.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 8 Upper Sprint (GT1) - Dubai (GP) - Sep 2  (Read 9793 times)
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 09:29:51 PM +0100 »

Argh, the curse of Tiscali strikes.  Connection lost.  Sorry to Prof if I was lagging, rarely have problems so assumed it was JPS lagging, but it was me.  Shoulda refreshed the IP addresss before I started, forgot to.

Despite sorely lacking pace relative to the front here (seems like its a track that some get - sbg, nice pole! - and others don't) I enjoyed dicing with David and Prof after my inevitable spin sent me to last.  Last minute setup change as I noticed my fronts left had heavier wear than the rears and I can't stand late-race understeer saw the back a little more twitchy than my practice setup.

Very disappointing to only see 13 of us, though clearly several had problems, hope we see more next time.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:37:00 PM +0100 »

That was another good fun race. Not many people, but same as an iRace so it must be the correct amount. Wink

Hadn't played GTR2 for a while again and it felt alien and the setup from Imola was not great here at Dubai. Softened the front and stiffened the rear and it was better but it was still a bit odd. Anyway, qualified, that's about all I can say about that LOL, and then had a good race with Mark M, Purdie (until he got lairy and binned it  Shocked) and sort of Mark J but he kept wanting to throw it off whenever he was near me, so could have been more fun, but seeing him throw it off twice was enough to add to my enjoyment Wink Wink.

Anyway, racing was 10x better than iRacing even though it feels a bit wierd now.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 09:37:40 PM +0100 »

Great track Cool

Probably my best GT1 Race to date, 8th I think, Undecided

Good battle with The Prof albeit he was about 1 to 4 seconds behind me for the whole race Cool apart from the overtake at the start.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:40:48 PM +0100 by JPS1 » Logged
Prof
Race Court Chief Whip
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:54 PM +0100 »

Steve H - lag was noticeable once or twice but did not affect my race. You got me closer to JPS for a final attack before you finally disappeared.

JPS - You were just that bit faster today, instead I waited and waited for you to make a mistake and it never came  Wink well driven.

Flattered by a high placing due to a small number of runners and the misfortune of others. It is never a track I feel comfortable on but last minute setup changes made a finish possible at least and not being lapped was a bonus.

Well done to the podium.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 10:10:43 PM +0100 »

Good race for me...mainly.

Quallied well in 3rd with a pb  Grin

Spent the first 2/3 of the race about a second and a half behind TT who was likewise about a second behind SBG....nothing changing much for about 15/16 laps....Then it got a little more interesting..

TT passed SBG at the end off the back straight and it seemed to slow them both and I managed to close right up....got onto SBG's tailpipe round the following left but just as I was going to come out the slipstream and try and take the inside line....I think he flashed a 'message' to TT ahead....all I saw though was two red lights come on his rear end so dived for my brakes quick  Roll Eyes laugh.....After spitting the remains of my heart out, I managed to catch up again down the S/F straight and thought 'nows my chance....I'm quick through sector 1, so if I can tuck in upto the main straight I'll have him'
I tucked in a bit too tight though and being a little faster than the Massi round T1 I misjudged it and just caught Ians rear quarter  (sorry mate...tried to brake more but just locked up  Sad) that sent him into a half spin...great recovery by the way...Mark behind took full advantage and passed us both whilst I waited for Ian....

Couldn't get near SBG again so came in 4th....after a few worries seeing that a certain Mr Shark was only a second behind  Shocked

Grats to TT, Mark and Ian......Cant wait for Sunday now...I like this track.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:10 PM +0100 »

saw the back a little more twitchy than my practice setup.

A little? It looked like you were on wet rears! Cheesy

Good race in the end - I'd had my worst show in iRacing an hour earlier and wasn't really in the right frame of mind, but instead of qualifying properly I spent the session improving the car's setup, and it paid me back in the race. Was gratifying to ease past my Dutch Turtle nemesis and gradually pull away, then Steve chucked himself off and that let me by again, and finally MJ did the same - thanks for waiting Mark, for a moment I had visions of you rejoining in front of me! But then I remembered it was UKGTR and not iRacing. laugh

6th is entirely undeserved but I'll take what I can get!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 10:30:47 PM +0100 »

Shame i missed this one, Was having my hot water fixed. Though not sure i was quite on that kind of pace, but hadnt had too much practise.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:25 PM +0100 »

Decided to hop on late after rain prevented me cutting the grass, thank you British summer Smiley Had a good Massi quali setup from way back and was very pleased to get the pole. Knew race might be a struggle as I had no race setup, no pracci and the car was its normal inconsistent best as I struggled throughout. 

Tis a shame to see only 13 there as its a great track in my eyes. Maybe everyone is out enjoying the sun Roll Eyes 

GardO

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 04:20:10 AM +0100 »

damnation,

i was hoping to put in an appearance here to see what its all about,but i got carried away with the GTRevo bug, hopefully next time.

Dave
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 07:24:55 AM +0100 »

I remember I had less problem with setting the car when I was driving MC12, Saleen is a bit of a challenge for me. The car didn't do exactly what I wanted it to in the left hander before the back straight, I had to do some footwork to get a good exit, while I remember MC12 was driving itself there (porkers also). Had a second place in the quali and for the majority of the race I was chasing sbg. Started to close the 1-2 sec gap in the second half of the race and passed him through braking. First there was some paint scrubbing and a lap later a proper contact. After the race we echanged pms and came to conclusion that our oppinions differ and we'll let the moderator decide about it.  Smiley   Great driving, btw, as usually.  Cool

Psuedo was never too far behind and he's starting to be my usual companion (I liked you better when you were slower  Wink ) and I think he's made a great progress from his wimpering beginnings.  Tongue

The race can't go by without a scrap with MarkMc, of course. He was a bit faster through the corners but his Corvette didn't have the power to come close enough to pass. Guess we both know our porkers better than these 'merrycans, eh?  Grin

I had med/hard tyres and was a bit worried about the temperatures. 20 air / 28 track was ok, if it was higher I'd have brakes/engine/tyre problem which would affect my driving heavily.  Undecided

TT       
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:27 AM +0100 »

a tale of two halfs again for me last night.

Spent an hour on monday night getting some laps in and tweaking my setup that i knew from a race before here, worked well at Dubai.
Was pumping in regular 1:52.9's and a few low 1:53s  in race config. and was convinced i was set for race night.

BUT!..as usual race night pace was completely different and the tyres suddenly felt like i had coated them in icing sugar.  Sad

Was reasonably pleased with qual position despite being a long way off my qualy pB of 1:51.6 with a 1:53.2? Roll Eyes and was expecting a hard time off purds alongside and Shark right behind on the grid.

I managed to jump inside Andy at T1 under braking and we ran side by side for a few corners on lap 1 and then despite some heavy pressure from him, managed to eek out a couple of seconds and then a full straight length away from the pack as i kept pace with the front 3 for about 10 laps. I kept closing on Pseudo around the first half of the lap only for him to pull out a gap on the 2nd half.
Then for no apparent reason,  i started dropping about 1 second a lap as the car got more slippery in the turns and first, Mark Mc and then Simon caught me with almost relative ease despite the big gap i had over them initially.  Huh
I dont know what it is but the maserati seems to go through random spells where the grip just goes and the tyres become like glass. This has happened on numerous races, i dont think its me (tho of course, could be) and only lasts for a few laps then grip comes back. Its bloody weird and very frustrating.
I was really annoyed that i suddenly couldnt do anything about my lap times and they tumbled into mid 1:54's allowing two cars past. Simon instantly pulled out a couple of secs on me over next couple of laps but then grip 'magically' came back and i was able to set off after him again.
I closed right up for a lap or so but then coming out of that spoon curve onto the infield main straight, i got a very late tail swish and as i tried to correct it i got a huge tank slapper that at that velocity saw me spin off very quickly onto that large tarmac run off area without any contact with the barriers thankfully.
I saw DG, who had been 8.8 secs behind me upto that point entering the straight at the bottom and thought i had best wait, despite the straight being quite wide, as didnt want to collect his fast approaching car with a re-entry Sad
Felt totally dis-illusioned after that, running 4th most of race only to drop to 7th in final 10 minutes. :'(

Dont know what car to switch to now, i am fed up with the maseratis inconsistent grip feel.

Congrats to TT on his excellent win and great pace shown by the front 3 guys and the annoying resurgent Mark Mc who 'always' catches me at some point in the races and steams past from his lower grid slot !

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 11:09:40 AM +0100 »

This has happened on numerous races, i dont think its me (tho of course, could be) and only lasts for a few laps then grip comes back. Its bloody weird and very frustrating.

It's not just you, Mark - the Lambo doesn't really seem to suffer from it but I get it around wear 7 in the 350Z and other Michelin_NGT-shod cars, which suggests that there is some sort of low grip phase built into the tyre model. I do know that the ISI tyre modelling has a map of grip levels to wear values so that a sudden drop off in grip at a certain level of wear can be modeled, but I've never seen any specific list of numbers (which are visible in the tyre model files in rFactor).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33:04 AM +0100 »

I have noticed this tyre behaviour too, in most of the cars I drive here....the grip seems to drop off for two or three laps between 7 and 12 laps into a stint...I suppose a similar thing happens in real life racing though...tyres seem to go through 'phases'.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:40 AM +0100 »

thats interesting. I made sure i checked the tyre temps and wear constantly as i have Xpd software on my 2nd monitor but they all looked perfectly fine as i had fine tuned them for good temps and pressures the night before. The wear rate was only 11 when they went 'glass-like' then the grip came back after about 3 laps. I had no 'red' areas on the tyre monitor so cant put it down to hot-tyre temps.
I remember reporting this same thing on occasion before in the maserati. I really dont get the 'massive' difference in grip level between what i get in offline praccy to online races either. Huh
I can only describe it as having 'hard tyres that arent warmed up enough', when i get to race night even though im using meds and the tyres are showing fine (200kpa, all green) on xpd.
I need to find another chariot  :'(

...and a new set of excuses for when i bin it  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com