Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:04:07 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S16Dn Mosport: September 09, 2008
September 10, 2008, 07:15:16 AM +0100 - Mosport - UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Novice '65
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.115
---
1 39:32.077
---
27 1:26.712
---
Dunlop  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:26.266
---
2 +11.441
---
27 1:25.707
---
Dunlop  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +0.313
---
3 +13.716
---
27 1:26.652
---
Dunlop  
john roberts

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +1.364
---
4 +20.535
---
27 1:27.397
---
Dunlop  
Storm_Cloud

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 +0.957
---
5 +21.237
---
27 1:26.377
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket

Honda RA272 F1 1965 5 +0.288
---
6 +34.953
---
27 1:26.946
---
Goodyear  
NickyIckx

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +0.369
---
7 (+2) +56.905
---
27 1:26.991
---
Dunlop  
Art
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 2 +0.097
---
8 (+1) +1:10.788
---
27 1:26.896
---
Dunlop  
Ian Stanley
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 13 +2.123
---
9 +2L
---
25 1:28.427
---
Dunlop  
Tim Robey

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 17 +5.225
---
10 +1:46.132
---
25 1:29.961
---
Dunlop  
paulwbird
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 9 +1.069
---
11 +1:53.391
---
25 1:28.397
---
Goodyear  
norbert

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +3.125
---
12 +2:04.971
---
25 1:30.048
---
Dunlop  
LondonRC
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 18 +5.623
---
13 +2:46.582
---
25 1:30.182
---
Dunlop  
G Poole

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 16 +4.056
---
14 +3L
---
24 1:30.227
---
Goodyear  
happyal

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 15 +3.634
---
15 +6L
---
21 1:31.226
---
Dunlop  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +2.050
---
16 (+2) +12L
---
15 1:28.068
---
Goodyear  
vosblod

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 19 +27.421
---
17 +7:15.532
---
15 1:47.405
---
Dunlop  
Screwcutter

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 +1.712
---
18 +15L
---
12 1:28.768
---
Dunlop  
Kruger Enge

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.134
---
19 +16L
---
11 1:27.245
---
Dunlop  
BREASTS 03

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 20 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

First blood to the Coopers- in the somewhat eastern-influenced shape of Clive Gardner- in what may well be a season-long battle between them and the Brabhams. I've noticed that the championship classes the Brabhams together but also records the BT11s separately when looking for fastest results by chassis, which may give them the advantage of 4 cars to 2.

It was unfortunate that 3ukgpl was offline for this race and my apologies to those who were unable to race as a result. We'll have separate Novices and Amateurs grids at Watkins where pasing is even more frequent. However, I was pleased that there weren't too many problems even with our aces sharing a grid with our novices, most times cars that were being lapped behaved very well.

Server replay time: 0h01m01s

Start - happyal and norbert

Al rear-ends Norbert as Norbert brakes for the first turn. Though Norbert is slightly cautious with his braking Al should expect the field to slow dramatically at times at this stage in the race. If you can, take a slightly different line when the car ahead brakes in front of you at a corner for the first time, though this isn't always possible at the start.

A more skilled driver would have incurred a two place penalty for the shunt, with an additional place lost for a Lap 1 incident. However, I've taken lack of experience into account, as well as the mixed levels of ability in this race.

Server replay time: 0h01m21s

Lap 1 - Turn 3 - Screwcutter and Ian

Screwcutter loses it and spins in front of Ian, who collides with him. Neither reset, both rejoin well. Unavoidable rear end shunt.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h02m17s

Lap 1 - Turn 8 - NickyIckx, Burt, Paul Bird, Art, Screwcutter and Ian Stanley

Lorenzo has gone off, and though he is in a poor position he reverses to get off the track before attempting a rejoin. NickyIckx is one of the cars who avoids Lorenzo to the outside of the right after the jump, and loses it into the sand. While still under throttle on the grass he slews back onto the track and into the path of Burt and Paul. Paul runs up the hill after the collision and then comes back onto the track in front of Art.

The later contact between Screwcutter and Burt was due to warp.

While both Nicky and Paul come back onto the track after losing control, Nicky had about five seconds on the grass and much more opportunity to control the car- if he had braked to a stop he wouldn't have endangered the cars following. Paul was moving backwards down a hill and had far less time to react. Also, not only Art but Screwcutter and Ian approached this incident too quickly under yellow flags.

Paul's stop-and-go was not necessary under the circumstances.

The priority of any driver who has gone off the track is to regain full control, slowing as much as necessary. One more place is due under UKGPL rules for a Lap 1 incident, but as it is Nicky's first race with UKGPL, I've waived this and also the associated Yellow Card Points.

Server replay time: 0h02m27s

Lap 1 - Turn 9 - LondonRC and Lorenzo Galluzzi

LondonRC rear-ends Lorenzo. Lorenzo has had to wait a long time to rejoin, and even then has to rejoin in the middle of a multi-car incident. LondonRC has nowhere to go, but has approached at a reduced speed and there is only slight contact.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m26s

Lap 2 - Turn 5A and Moss - Art, LondonRC, Ian Stanley

Art rear-ends LondonRC on the approach to Moss, though LondonRC is slightly wide, which may have fooled Art. There is then side-to-side contact between LondonRC and Ian as Ian passes, though the contact that causes them to spin is warp.

I'm not going to award Art any Yellow Card Points, as he may have been caught out due to having two different races off the same grid.

Server replay time: 0h04m23s

Lap 3 - S/F - Burt, Graham Poole

There is slight contact between Burt and Graham.

Graham has to reset after going off about half-a-minute later. He takes a stop-and-go penalty, but this costs him more time, meaning that he will become a problem for the leaders earlier. When the Novices and Amateurs are running together, please could the Novices not take penalties for resets, as they are likely to be lapped anyway

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m14s

Lap 3 - Moss - Burt and LondonRC

Burt's rejoin is somewhat poor, and this leads to slight side-to-side contact with LondonRC as he passes.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h11m12s

Lap 7 - S/F - Kruger Enge, Graham Poole, Storm_Cloud

Kruger is slightly impatient to lap Graham when he could have waited for the straight, though the contact is warp. Graham could have braked afterwards to help Storm_Cloud to avoid the incident, though he had little time to react.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h11m45s

Lap 8 - Turn 2 - Graham Poole, FullMetalGasket

Graham Poole loses control and spins and FullMetalGasket hits him. Unavoidable rear end shunt.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h13m21s

Lap 9 - Turn 4 - Kruger Enge, vosblod

Kruger rear-ends vosblod, if only by means of warp. vosblod was much slower than the rest of the field and given the number of times he was lapped, he did very well. He might find a more straightforward setup more to his liking.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h15m14s

Lap 10 - Turn 2 - Burt, Graham Poole

Burt destroys a BT11 engine but coasts to a full stop on the track, perhaps not quite on the line but not far from it. Graham is unable to avoid him. Burt's stop was as inconsiderate as if he had respawned without taking heed of other drivers- where you can, you should coast off the track with a blown engine before you reset.

There is no chance that you will be allowed a free reset for this sort of ploy, though the driver behind will.

Server replay time: 0h17m06s

Lap 10 - White's - HappyAl, vosblod, Kruger Enge, NickyIckx

Vosblod moves out of the way after White's to be lapped by HappyAl, but Al seems to have committed himself to pass on the outside. It is often better to maintain a line when being lapped, however Al's move was premature in this case as he hadn't finished White's first and wasn't under full control. The pile up leaves Kruger and vosblod knocked over the pit wall. Kruger had been having a good race with John Roberts, on whom the Mosport gods must smile, as every time Kruger overtook him disaster was not long in coming. Kruger took this opportunity to retire.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h20m22s

Lap 14 - Turn 4 - Cliver Gardner, LondonRC

LondonRC should have slowed to allow Clive to lap on the straight but leaves it too long, having moved across the line. There is a slight collision at Moss after Clive passes on the compression.

Not a penalty as LondonRC has moved over before 5A, but it might have been easier to make sure before the trickier section.

• LondonRCadvice — Marginal Blue Flags

Server replay time: 0h24m16s

Lap 15 - Turn 8 - LondonRC, Paul Bird

LondonRC rear-ends Paul Bird due to warp, neither car was fully under control.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h25m27s

Lap 17 - Turn 5A - LondonRC, Paul Bird, NickyIckx

LondonRC loses control before Moss and is hit by Paul Bird. He struggles with the fence and grass and then attempts to rejoin at a very poor angle, though the subsequent collision with Nicky is due to warp, and LondonRC did attempt to get away from the racing line once he lurched onto the track.

• LondonRCadvice — Marginal Bad Rejoin

Server replay time: 0h27m15s

Lap 18 - Turn 5A - LondonRC, Art

Art loses control while lapping LondonRC leading to a collision. LondonRC resets and does not take a stop-and-go, acting as per my race instructions. The car seemed recoverable, unless the engine had gone- it was difficult to tell this time. However, if you are allowed resets they are only free if they are necessary.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h33m20s

Lap 20 - Turn 9 - LondonRC, vosblod

LondonRC loses it while lapping and rear-ends vosblod, who is well over to one side of the track. I've called this a marginal incident because of the difference in pace.

• LondonRCadvice — Marginal Rear End Shunt

Server replay time: 0h38m06s

Lap 26 - Turn 4 - Clive Loynes, Lorenzo

Clive almost loses the car before the compression, he slews and slows, and Lorenzo hits him. Both cars have to be reset, neither has to take a stop-and-go. There wasn't much Lorenzo could have done.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Novice \'65 - Mosport - Sep 9  (Read 14031 times)
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:16:28 AM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 16 - Novices and Amateurs - Race 1 - 65 mod - Mosport

This will be the first ever championship race in the Novices and Amateurs Division, which uses the 65 mod.  UKGPL have run the 65 mod before, but not as an introduction to online racing, nor with the original tracks.  If you haven't done so already, you have to register to race, registration is here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5133.0.  This will also be the first moderated race, though I'd hoped to provide an example from Mexico I haven't been able to.  Also note that there will be two separate drivers championships, with one for the Novices alone.

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:40 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server 3.ukgpl
IP address  87.194.135.42

Race date = 09-09-2008
Track = Mosport
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = INT
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = long (27 laps)

Make sure that you have enough race fuel to complete the distance!

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Moderation:  I'm hoping to be able to moderate the whole race, thanks to Bully I should have access to the server replay.  However only incidents that are reported are certain to be looked at.  Please can all drivers be very careful at the start of the race, many of the circuits are awkward at the beginning and Mosport is no exception.  The first turn is often okay, but on the second turn there's a tendency to slide to the outside which can endanger the field.  Moss is always a problem on the first lap.

Penalties are to be worried about after the race, with the exception of penalties for restarts.  The UKGPL rule is that you have to take a stop-and-go in the pits for each reset at the end of the lap, with the only exception being if your reset was caused by another driver.  The penalty for not taking a stop-and-go is thirty seconds.   Novice drivers may well want to take the penalty instead, especially if they will be lapped during the course of the race.

Chassis assignments: Unfortunately there hasn't been as much time as I'd wanted to discuss these before the race.  I'd like to have a competitive chassis championship if possible, and should we have drivers joining after the first race I'll allocate them to the weaker teams.  I've included all the drivers who have driven in the preseason races, if you haven't been allocated a car please contact me when you register.

Once you've begun to drive a car in the championship then you'll continue with that car, there'll be no switching cars by track.  However, the folowing list is advisory and if you'd prefer a different car for the season you can take one, with restrictions.  Cooper and BT7 drivers please stay with the cars allocated.  BT11/Honda/BRM drivers may use any of these chassis, as may Lotus and Ferrari drivers who opt to take a slower chassis.  Please do not move between Lotus and Ferrari.

BT7 CliveL, Lorenzo, Kruger*
Cooper CliveG, Hristo*, John*, Alain
BT11 Burt, b1rd, Bernie
Honda FMG, PBird*, Will*, Karlisss
BRM Ian, Jack, LRC
Lotus Art, Storm, SCutter, GPoole, DTown, vosblod*
Ferrari NickyI, TimR*, Asbjeurn, Norbert, Kiwi, Al

65 Mod

These were the 65 drivers
BT7 Bonnier, Baghetti, Hulme (Bonnier drove for Walker)
BT11 Brabham Gurney Gardner Anderson Siffert (Siffert drove for Walker, Gardner and Anderson were privateers)
Lotus Clark Spence Rodriguez Mitter Russo Solana (and Maggs Hailwood Attwood Amon and Ireland for Parnell)
Ferrari Surtees Bandini Rodriguez Vaccarella Bondurant Scarfiotti
Honda Ginther Bucknum
Cooper McLaren Rindt
BRM Hill Stewart

The 1965 season was the last to use the controversial 1500cc formula which had begun after 1960, to the initial advantage of Ferrari.  The 1965 cars are smaller than the 1967 cars and have less torque and hence more grip.  It was claimed that they 'cornered on rails', however this allowed the Grand Prix series to retain the use of circuits which were otherwise to prove extremely dangerous.

The 1965 cars are ideal for those new to GPL as they allow the tracks to be learnt in light reliable cars, however these are also full Formula One cars, and quite fast....  Mosport was first used as a Grand Prix circuit in 1967, yet it is perhaps more suited to the light 65 cars than the later 3 litre cars.

David Wright's 'Legends' site http://fp.gplegends.plus.com/ has the download of the most recent 2.0.1 version (under 'details') as well as being an exceptional guide to both 1965 and 1967, for those interested in Formula One history.

Unfortunately the current 65 mod download does not have default setups.  Default setups can be downloaded from http://www.neurology-crew.com/gplserver under '65 setups'.  Though there may not yet be a setup for Mosport, the Brands Hatch default could work, perhaps with taller top gears.  Note that you will also have to add enough fuel for the race!
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:37:44 PM +0100 »

Great, looking forward to the race.

Still having a little trouble with a few corners, but working it out and should be ready for the race Smiley Can't wait.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:05:15 PM +0100 »

Yup - Looking forward to this aswell  Cool
I transfered GPL across to an older W2K machine due to the tradionally horrendous XP/Soundblaster distortion I had to put up with the last time around censored so still clearing bugs out  Roll Eyes

I may be appearing and dissapearing tonight on the server while checking my connection is still good - Also need to actually get some practice in on the '65 car's as I've mainly been getting to grips with the 66's over the weekend.....
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:33:17 PM +0100 »

Yup - Looking forward to this aswell  Cool
- Also need to actually get some practice in on the '65 car's as I've mainly been getting to grips with the 66's over the weekend.....

If you want some 66 action this week, BREASTS are running two Goodwood races on Thursday.  First for 3ltr cars and the second for the others.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:34 PM +0100 »

Thursdays are unlikely for me I'm afraid (same as sundays - hence not trying Clubmans ) However I'll bare it in mind for incase Smiley
Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:53:25 PM +0100 »

I'm a bit confused. I'm used to having a signup thread to announce my participation in , but here it seems like all I have to do is to show up on iGOR when the time is there. Is this right?  Huh

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 08:59:48 PM +0100 »

You are already registered Asbjeurn https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=193&theme=6.  The race wil be passworded and you should see the password at the top of the thread.  If you weren't registered you wouldn't have it!
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:40 PM +0100 »

FMG, you probably know already, but just in case...

I have a sound problem too which is resolved by turning the sound acceleration to normal (second from left on the slider), before I start GPL.

Smiley

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:27 PM +0100 »

You are already registered Asbjeurn https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=193&theme=6.  The race wil be passworded and you should see the password at the top of the thread.  If you weren't registered you wouldn't have it!
OK, thanks, Jack! We didn't have such advanced features back in NGPLS, so I'm not familiar with the routines over here. Smiley

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
G Poole

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:44 PM +0100 »

Once you've begun to drive a car in the championship then you'll continue with that car, there'll be no switching cars by track.  However, the folowing list is advisory and if you'd prefer a different car for the season you can take one, with restrictions.  Cooper and BT7 drivers please stay with the cars allocated.  BT11/Honda/BRM drivers may use any of these chassis, as may Lotus and Ferrari drivers who opt to take a slower chassis.  Please do not move between Lotus and Ferrari.

BT7 CliveL, Lorenzo, Kruger*
Cooper CliveG, Hristo*, John*, Alain
BT11 Burt, b1rd, Bernie
Honda FMG, PBird*, Will*, Karlisss
BRM Ian, Jack, LRC
Lotus Art, Storm, SCutter, GPoole, DTown, vosblod*
Ferrari NickyI, TimR*, Asbjeurn, Norbert, Kiwi, Al

Jack,

Can I change from the Lotus to the BRM P261 before we start? Am suffering with rotating horizon syndrome in the Lotus!

Graham
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:48:02 PM +0100 »

I'd be happier with you in a BT11 Graham, considering the chassis championship and the continued absence of Soggies ace Bernie.  If you've put your practice time into the P261 thats okay, but give the BT11 a chance if you can.   
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:03:45 AM +0100 »

FMG, you probably know already, but just in case...

I have a sound problem too which is resolved by turning the sound acceleration to normal (second from left on the slider), before I start GPL.

Smiley

Yeah, I found that along with plenty of other potential fixes!
None of the ones I tryed worked though, so I re-installed on the older pc to save pfaffing about and everything's perfect now Smiley

As it's my old gaming rig which I built about 2-3 years ago it's still more than enough to run GPL with ease  yes

Anyway - really looking forward to tonight now. The Honda's an absolute blast at Mosport, I can't seem to not  drift everywhere!!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:06:24 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Screwcutter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:27:50 AM +0100 »

Was quite enjoying using the BRM but have no problems running the Lotus , I better try and get a few laps in before tonight and see if I can actually keep it on the tarmac  Grin

Paul
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 03:30:54 PM +0100 »

Good luck tonight guys.  I'll be stuck at work so wont make it.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Ian Stanley

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 03:59:16 PM +0100 »

Probably best I don't run tonight as still a little 'away with the fairies' from medication for a migraine  Roll Eyes is how my eyes feel at the mo'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com