The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:54:53 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SimBIN's Race Pro for XBOX 360  (Read 2291 times)
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:56:49 AM +0100 »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39983.html#new_comment

Who's getting it?
EdamSpeed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:12:24 AM +0100 »

No one, until next January - or so I'm told.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:40:16 AM +0000 »

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/exclusive-race-pros-gt-class-unveiled/771/

some new gameplay videos, as well as some car listings.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:42 PM +0000 »

Going to pick up my copy of Race Pro today. Gonna see how it fares to it's PC counterpart.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:41:30 PM +0000 »

It's good.

Best racing SIMULATION on consoles. Good selection of cars. Graphics are decent (some minor frame drops), the Sound is INCREDIBLE, great support for the MS wheel, and an actual Single player mode.

My only dislikes so far
I can't manually map the buttons on my controller, so now i need to get used to the right padle to shift up and vice versa. The AI seems lackluster (Similar the the PC versions) however i'm still in the lower rankings of my career. Doesn't seem they have any option for an online car setup folder either - but I'm still hunting for it.

Gonna hop online and see how it plays with other people. If any of you guys grabbed it for your 360 add me on XBL, we can race.

Gamertag: Jebstone

Edit: Got into the Contracts for the Caterham teams.....  tt1 eek
Now I feel at home.

Edit: Looks like Team Shark made it into this game as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:03:46 AM +0000 by Mr.BMW » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 11:14:38 AM +0000 »

What's the best wireless wheel and pedal set for the Xbox?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Oilseal

Oilseal - Team Oldie Racing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:30 PM +0000 »

Just got this title and my first impressions are mostly positive.

However I do have a problem with my wheel.

I bought a cheapo Madcatz MC2 Microcon wheel and cant seem to get the FF to work.

In the controller settings the wheel does not appear and I am left with 2 default setups.

I think I may have been spoiled by the G25 but I'm really crap with a game controller so I thought the Madcatz would be OK for sofa/plasma racing LOL

Any help or comments welcome

Mike Cooper
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:29 PM +0000 »

Tony - unforutnately with the XBOX, the only wheel worth your money - and at the sime time grossly over priced - is the Microsoft Wireless Steering wheel. Of course the only thing "Wireless" about it is the connection from your XBOX to your wheel. You can throw a microsoft charge pack into it as well, but i'm not sure how long the battery life would be while it's powering the FFB motor.

Oilseal -
Alot of people have been complaining of FFB and Wheel/Pedal set controller responsiveness.
Check out these topics, they may have some settings and tips for you to fix your FFB
http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31225
http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31223

Also, apperantly that Porsche 911 wheel set works good, and it also has a clutch (which this game supports). H-shifters also work with Race Pro, but I don't think there's any wheels out there that work with the 360 that have an H-shifter
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 11:17:45 AM +0100 »

I found this yesterday for £4.99 so figured I couldn't really go wrong!

I was pleasantly surprised, it really shows it's 'Race' PC roots (in a good way), I found the cars much more satisfying to drive than Forza 3, which I found a massive disappointment tbh.

Anyway, I didn't realise this game was "Lizard" powered, I thought nothing had been released on that platform yet. I wonder if this, as Race Pro was an X360 only release, tells us anything about the forthcoming 2011 FIA GTR game?

Legends Racing simracing team
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:25:40 AM +0100 »

I found this yesterday for £4.99 so figured I couldn't really go wrong!

I was pleasantly surprised, it really shows it's 'Race' PC roots (in a good way), I found the cars much more satisfying to drive than Forza 3, which I found a massive disappointment tbh.

Anyway, I didn't realise this game was "Lizard" powered, I thought nothing had been released on that platform yet. I wonder if this, as Race Pro was an X360 only release, tells us anything about the forthcoming 2011 FIA GTR game?

the FIA GTR game may see an apperance on 360. GTR2 was orignally supposed to, but that got scrapped and Race Pro came instead. I don't think they'll keep the new game strictly to 360, as I can't see their sales numbers being particularly strong on 360 (even with the game being released brand new at $30).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com