Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:37:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S16D1 Zandvoort: January 18, 2009
January 18, 2009, 09:58:03 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (1948-72) - UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Division 1 '67
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 1 1:23.803
111.921mph
1 50:00.689
109.400mph
35 1:24.219
111.368mph
Firestone  
EvilClive

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 5 +2.009
109.301mph
2 +1:13.782
106.775mph
35 1:25.652
109.505mph
Goodyear  
Will Tway
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 9 +4.034
106.781mph
3 +1L
104.228mph
34 1:28.249
106.282mph
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 4 +1.738
109.647mph
4 +24.291
103.407mph
34 1:26.129
108.898mph
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 10 +5.156
105.434mph
5 +2L
102.962mph
33 1:28.818
105.601mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 7 +2.771
108.339mph
6 +29.129
101.974mph
33 1:25.867
109.231mph
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +3.773
107.099mph
7 +13L
103.062mph
22 1:27.904
106.699mph
Disco
Firestone  
Gasper Lednik

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 2 +0.862
110.781mph
8 +17L
108.250mph
18 1:25.713
109.427mph
Disco
Firestone  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 6 +2.352
108.865mph
9 +18L
106.247mph
17 1:26.101
108.934mph
Disco
Firestone  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 3 +1.654
109.755mph
10 +24L
106.758mph
11 1:26.002
109.059mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +6.127
104.296mph
11 +28L
97.272mph
7 1:29.794
104.454mph
Disco
Firestone  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

There were no reported incidents in this race and most incidents, where they occurred, seem to have been self inflicted.

Pit stops seem to have caused some confusion and in one case a premature disco. I suggest that people familiarise themselves with the guidance on the UKGPL website and download the "GPL WAIT" programme to remove the need for stopwatches etc.
One word of warning about GPL WAIT.
It is possible to add your own message to the "pit in" and "pit out" alerts, but I have discovered that using letters like "v" ( as in my name!!) will cause GPL to invoke its own command, i.e. change your view to another car!!! which is somewhat disconcerting and does nothing for the quick exit from the pits either, so be warned and maybe try out the settings off line before you use it anger.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Division 1 '67 - Zandvoort (1967) - Jan 18  (Read 8477 times)
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 01:12:58 AM +0000 »

Okay, how do I do the stop without getting thrown out? I was in the pits for about 30s and the game retired me. I moved the car slightly at around 25s (thought it might prevent throwing me out).

What do I have to do?Huh

I always moved every 15-20 sec using lots of revs and letting the fronts do at least two turns.  I seem to remember that you need to get rid of the "Press F1 for help" message.

Surely, moving forward while pitting is an "illegal pitstop" in some way ?

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:47:58 AM +0000 »

Okay, how do I do the stop without getting thrown out? I was in the pits for about 30s and the game retired me. I moved the car slightly at around 25s (thought it might prevent throwing me out).

What do I have to do?Huh

Ah, that's a shame, Gasper, I was wondering where you disappeared. BTW, you missed the pit window which was no later than 18 laps to go.  Wink I was surprised to see you go by ahead of me after my own pitstop, lol.

As for my race, qualifying was satisfying, think I did a pb, but as expected lost 1st place at the start to the Lotus of Gasper and then it was just impossible to pass him. At this moment it looked as Lorenzo was in the best possible position - in the BRM, just about keeping up with us and not having to do any pitstops. That became irrelevant when Gasper decided to let me through, I wonder if he thought I'm still driving for Soggies, thus letting a fellow teammate by.  Cheesy

Thanks anyway, after that I managed to pull away and after Lorenzo retired there wasn't much to worry about except engine failure or something. Did my 7 secs stop on the pit window limit at the start of lap 18, but as I mentioned Gasper went by so we had another battle, which ended up in a great side by side duel around the hairpin, though I suspect he eased off again.  Angry

Despite my best efforts I couldn't lap the evil Clive, which forced me to cancell any post-victory celebrations and the team and pit babes weren't happy.  :'( You win this one, evil Clive!  Angry

It turns out I had fuel for 14  Huh more laps in the end  Roll Eyes and also running on qualifying tyre pressure settings cooked them completely near the end of the race, though the car was still capable of going faster as the fuel load went down.

Grats to all finishers!  Cool
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:50:48 AM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:09:02 AM +0000 »

I was doing fine , did my compulsory pit stop and eventually got  myself into a solid P4 with the help of others various pits and retirements.
I was about 12 secs behind Will and tried to close the gap and maybe releivehim of the final podium spot, but some overenthusistic late braking for the hairpin saw me running wild , then a bit too much gas trying to spin turn the car somehow landed myself high and dry on the bloody kerbing and with both the rear wheels spinning in free air I was well and truly stranded.
Race over !

Afterthought:
could have rang the AA breakdown assist but in the interests of adding lightness I had left my mobile in the transporter for race day  Roll Eyes,
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 11:37:09 AM +0000 »

When can we expect results to be up? Smiley

Incidentally, that race ricked my shoulder. I felt a spasm about 3 laps from the end and it's now painful around the joint. Neck hurts too! Wrists were shot after the race, though they're OK now. Haven't had that hard a workout since the night before. Cheesy

Oh, with pitstops, I assume moving forward about 10 metres or so is allowed, provided you're still in the pits and near your stall, yesno?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:39:10 AM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 12:08:54 PM +0000 »

Oh, with pitstops, I assume moving forward about 10 metres or so is allowed, provided you're still in the pits and near your stall, yesno?

You don't have to be anywhere near your own stall, just within the area designated as the pit and within half a car's width of the pit counter.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 01:19:24 PM +0000 »

That was a bit hard on Gasper, getting disco'd like that, but if what Hristo said about leaving it too late to pit then......... I will have to study replay when its available.

After the inverted early finish at Brands, I was determined to get this shiny green Brabham to the end and score some points.

In all the years I have been racing GPL ( both on my own and since joining the on-line crowd) I have hardly ever used the Brabham, so I thought it was about time I gritted my teeth and gave it a go.
Some of my practice sessions on-line with other guys and the Breasts Thursday night events gave me some confidence that actually this car will go around corners and maintain a reasonably competitive lap time.
Several sessions ended in quite dramatic spins, complete with neon glow in the left rear tyre until I cut 4 toes off my right foot to lighten its impact.
Qually went well ( eventually!!, but more of that later) and for the first 15 mins I was circulating with full fuel and sorting out problems.
Then I discovered that I was half way down the grid with Hristo and Lorenzo ahead as expected but Turkey machine and Gasper had were also up there and Phil was no slouch in the Lotus either.
So, we drained all but an egg cup full of fuel from the Brabham and went for a banzai lap...and every time we came across someone having a "moment" of their own, but such is the way with racing I guess. Roll Eyes

Finally got one clear lap and popped myself just ahead of Phil and tucked behind Lorenzo's BRM..5th spot I think?.

Well that would have to do.

I knew I had pitstop time in hand over the Eagle and Lotus ahead of me, so the plan was to just keep them in sight. Hristo's Cooper would need to be watched and hopefully would be held up by Gasper and prevent him having the opportunity to Lap me ( again!!). The unknown was Lorenzo's BRM, he is always quick and was already in front of me, but would the early fuel load slow him enough to allow me a pass.
The start was memorable for the delayed ignition of the rocket boosters on a certain Eagle. Once they did fire, up several places were gained instantly on the run down to T1 where they were all lost again whilst the driver lept out and doused the flames with sand.

So I found myself 4th behind Lorenzo whilst Gasper did a wonderful job in thwarting Hristo's charge into the sunset. For the first few laps I bided my time as the tyres warmed up and the fuel level came down. Behind me there was Phil and Ken Murray for a while, but suddenly the gap grew and I was clear of any threat from the rear. I pushed a little and closed on the BRM. It seemed that Lorenzo was about on the limit with the full tanks of the BRM and was putting a wheel in the soft stuff in a few places, which allowed me to close even more.
Then he ran wide at Tarzan, giving me just enough room and time to squeeze through and take the line into T2. The next lap was defensive until I settled myself then i tried a couple of quick laps to try and break the tow at which point Lorenzo vanished. I will have to see what happened on the replay.
I decided to take my stop early and rely on the time advantage to take me ahead of the Lotii and Eagles later, which worked quite well Grin. two half spins dropped me back within a couple of seconds of Phil so a sustained period of concentration was required to rebuild that buffer!! It was then that Hristo appeared on Prib some 36secs behind with about 16 laps to go. At that point a meeting was held in the cockpit of the Brabham and by a unanimous verdict it was decided that Hristo would NOT lap this Brabham!! Shocked

And he didn't Grin. 2nd was better than I had hoped in my second ever race in the Brab, which maybe I have underestimated in the past...just got the BRM toconsider now, then if I'm feeling brave one day the Lotus!!

Referring to my mention earlier about problems....

I have a weird affliction ( but that has nothing to do with my problem!!) When I race from IGOR my wheel and pedals behave exactly as they do off-line, smooth and progressive. But when I join any server on VROC  ( with the same wheel settings) severything becomes an ON/OFF switch, steering throttle and brakes??and the ff becomes huge and very very notchy. Not only that, but at close to full lock the damping effect vanishes and suddenly the wheel is free until it returns towards the centre point again??!!
 last night I had to change my steering ratio from my normal 5:1 to 20:1 just to be able to steer the car in a straight line.

Does anyone have any idea why???

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 01:53:43 PM +0000 »

Another bad driving.....i'm not in fit atm...
The only way to beat Hristo was to take a Brm, but going fast with that car is a dangerous thing, so i had many troubles concerning the tires, and once Clive passed me the situation got worse, i couldn't control the car anymore and prefered to retire not to ruin someone else's race....

Cheers

Lorenzo
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 02:18:41 PM +0000 »

I have a weird affliction ( but that has nothing to do with my problem!!) When I race from IGOR my wheel and pedals behave exactly as they do off-line, smooth and progressive. But when I join any server on VROC  ( with the same wheel settings) severything becomes an ON/OFF switch, steering throttle and brakes??and the ff becomes huge and very very notchy. Not only that, but at close to full lock the damping effect vanishes and suddenly the wheel is free until it returns towards the centre point again??!!
 last night I had to change my steering ratio from my normal 5:1 to 20:1 just to be able to steer the car in a straight line.

Does anyone have any idea why???

Sounds like a normal day in the office,  however  you do find a solution please pass it on  Roll Eyes

Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 03:05:55 PM +0000 »

going fast with that car is a dangerous thing,

It's pretty dangerous going slow as well.  Grin

Not much to report after Bernie disappeared except H didn't wave when he passed.  Cool

Grats H and Clive. 

Slow and low....thats the tempo.

Cheers,

W
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:15:48 PM +0000 by Will Tway » Logged

bound to cover just a little more ground
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 03:27:55 PM +0000 »

Clive, how are the settings in VROC? From memory, you can change the FF settings when you join a server to override it, but with me the car behaves the same in VROC and IGOR, so it sounds like something in VROC is triggering something. I'll be in chat this evening if you need help solving it. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 05:21:58 PM +0000 »

Clive, how are the settings in VROC? From memory, you can change the FF settings when you join a server to override it, but with me the car behaves the same in VROC and IGOR, so it sounds like something in VROC is triggering something. I'll be in chat this evening if you need help solving it. Smiley

Yes I know that settings can be altered in VROC, but they appear to make very little difference!! Undecided when the change is so dramatic. I would say that it is like driving with a keyboard not a steering wheel and pedals sa far as the inputs and reaction of the car are concerned...but with heavy force feedback thrown in!!!

This problem only started around Christmas time, before then everything was ok and IGOR and VROC gave the same feel.
I am sure that I have not changed anything ( well, as sure as my single cell allows), but it must be something here at my end that is causing this. Someone suggested turning off the Logitech Profiler...which I tried...but that made no difference.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19:05 PM +0000 »

This race is best forgotten for me, my only reason for posting is to apologise to Phil for punting him up the rear at the hairpin. I just wasn't with it last night.  Embarrassed

As for Clive's VROC problem. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change in FF behaviour but what I have noticed is that my profiler doesn't recognise gpl.exe running on VROC. Previously I have had wheel buttons mapped in a profile to control GPLWait and that profile has been set to work for gpl.exe. This worked for offline GPL and VROC GPL. If I ran on iGOR I had another profile that was identical except set to work for gplc67.exe, because that is what iGOR uses. This is the cloned exe created by GEM.

Recently I have found that my gpl.exe profile does not work from VROC. It still works offline but not on VROC. I can get round it by selecting the gpl.exe profile as the persistant profile, so that it applies this profile regardless but I will now have to remember to turn this off if I'm running any other games.

This has definitely changed recently, I never used to have to apply the persistant profile.
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 06:42:18 PM +0000 »

This race is best forgotten for me, my only reason for posting is to apologise to Phil for punting him up the rear at the hairpin. I just wasn't with it last night.  Embarrassed

As for Clive's VROC problem. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change in FF behaviour but what I have noticed is that my profiler doesn't recognise gpl.exe running on VROC. Previously I have had wheel buttons mapped in a profile to control GPLWait and that profile has been set to work for gpl.exe. This worked for offline GPL and VROC GPL. If I ran on iGOR I had another profile that was identical except set to work for gplc67.exe, because that is what iGOR uses. This is the cloned exe created by GEM.

Recently I have found that my gpl.exe profile does not work from VROC. It still works offline but not on VROC. I can get round it by selecting the gpl.exe profile as the persistant profile, so that it applies this profile regardless but I will now have to remember to turn this off if I'm running any other games.

This has definitely changed recently, I never used to have to apply the persistant profile.

Building on that, my GPL profile in the Logitech Profiler points to GPLLaunch.exe in the WinVROC directory. Hope that helps. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:03:52 PM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Gasper Lednik

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 06:54:58 PM +0000 »

As for my race, qualifying was satisfying, think I did a pb, but as expected lost 1st place at the start to the Lotus of Gasper and then it was just impossible to pass him. At this moment it looked as Lorenzo was in the best possible position - in the BRM, just about keeping up with us and not having to do any pitstops. That became irrelevant when Gasper decided to let me through, I wonder if he thought I'm still driving for Soggies, thus letting a fellow teammate by.  Cheesy

Thanks anyway, after that I managed to pull away and after Lorenzo retired there wasn't much to worry about except engine failure or something. Did my 7 secs stop on the pit window limit at the start of lap 18, but as I mentioned Gasper went by so we had another battle, which ended up in a great side by side duel around the hairpin, though I suspect he eased off again.  Angry

Grats to all finishers!  Cool

Awww, thought we're still teammates. Wouldn't let you go past for sure, if I knew it then. The second time you passed me I made a mistake and then uphill I didn't want to risk a crash between us. It's been an okay race (was a bit slow, and some mistakes, but nothing major), I did my stop I think with 17 laps to go (that's 2nd pit window 26 - 9), and looking at pribluda it would have been tight with evilclive, but I think I could race him for p2.

Ah well, not used to pitstops, I'll sort it out till next race.

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 08:03:08 PM +0000 »

Building on that, my GPL profile in the Logitech Profiler points to GPLLaunch.exe in the WinVROC directory. Hope that helps. Smiley

I tried that too, but it still wouldn't work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com