Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 04:08:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S16Dc Zandvoort: January 25, 2009
January 25, 2009, 09:29:29 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (1948-72) - UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Clubmans '67
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Turkey Machine

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 1 1:24.690
110.730mph
1 (+2) 39:37.460
106.500mph
27 1:25.525
109.649mph
Goodyear  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +3.740
106.047mph
2 +48.893
104.354mph
27 1:28.302
106.201mph
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +2.168
107.967mph
3 +1:01.255
103.825mph
27 1:27.621
107.026mph
Firestone  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 3 +2.646
107.376mph
4 +1:25.296
102.811mph
27 1:27.801
106.807mph
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +5.086
104.457mph
5 +1:26.875
102.746mph
27 1:28.912
105.472mph
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 4 +2.925
107.034mph
6 +1L
102.123mph
26 1:27.496
107.179mph
Goodyear  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 5 +3.215
106.681mph
7 +6.042
101.865mph
26 1:28.625
105.814mph
Goodyear  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 9 +5.619
103.841mph
8 +2L
96.960mph
25 1:29.522
104.754mph
Goodyear  
James Andrew

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 10 +6.791
102.510mph
9 +4L
88.426mph
23 1:32.260
101.645mph
Disco
Goodyear  
G Poole

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +5.386
104.109mph
10 +23L
85.222mph
4 1:34.301
99.445mph
Disco
Firestone  
maestro57

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +7.173
102.084mph
11 +24L
89.066mph
3 1:34.384
99.358mph
Header
Firestone  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Summary

A steady drive from Robert Burton allowed him to capitalize on the mistakes of others and secure the top step of the podium. A series of unforced errors, and unfortunately getting caught up in Graham Poole's accident at Tunnel Oost on Lap 2, cost Bernie valuable time. Nevertheless he grabbed the runner up spot and a handful of championship points. After dominating both practice and the race with his incredible pace, Jethro lost out on the win after picking up a penalty for a bad rejoin. An unfortunate situation but such a prodigious talent is bound to secure many race wins in the future.

Server replay time: 0h04m23s

Lap 3 - Tarzanbocht - Bernie Darwin and Michael Turner

Michael brakes late and runs wide whilst Bernie hugs the inside line and makes up ground. As Michael rounds the apex he migrates towards the racing line making minor contact with the nose of Bernie's Cooper. Both cars spin out but continue apparently undamaged.

This contact could have been avoided if Michael had maintained the wide line however from the cockpit view it is not obvious that there is still plenty of room on Michael's left. There is only minor warp contact on the server.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h09m04s

Lap 5 - Hondanvlak - Jethro Walters and Graham Poole

Jethro takes to the dunes after Hondanvlak and tries to get back on the track before regaining full control. He drives onto the racing line just as Graham is thundering through and contact is made. Graham spins out and collides with some wreckage further down the track; he retires from the race.

Jethro was a little too eager to get back on the gas and he should have waited until the track was clear. The rules are quite clear on this and are intended to ensure innocent drives do not have their races ruined as was the case here with Graham. It is accepted that no malice was intended on Jethro's part, it was more a case of over exuberance.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Clubmans '67 - Zandvoort (1967) - Jan 25  (Read 7747 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2009, 12:26:00 AM +0000 »

Season 16  Clubman's Cup - Round 9 - Zandvoort

Bernie leads the championship but having scored in all the rounds so far, he can only score a maximum of 78 points in the last 2 rounds.  Sam already has 2 non-scoring rounds to his name so he has the opportunity to score a maximum of 100 points in the last two rounds.  Burt, Rik, Jack, Will, Michael and Steve all have a mathematical chance of winning the title.  There are lots of permutations so the championship is by no means decided.  There is everything to play for in the last 2 rounds.

Have a read of the rules regarding racing etiquette and the associated  penalty guidelines.  The Recommended Driver Behaviour page has some great info on how to get the most out of racing on-line with GPL.  Make sure you are aware of the rules for Pit Stops and the penalty guidelines.

Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:25 p.m (UK London Time = GMT).

Server = 1.UKGPL
IP address = 194.105.176.22
Race date = 25-01-2009
Time 8:30 pm (UK London Time = GMT)
Track = Zandvoort
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Don't start until 30 mins left on clock to allow everyone to join.
Race length = Long (27 laps)
Password: see above

CHASSIS RESTRICTIONS
These are based on the drivers position in the championship.  Any driver who chooses to take a chassis faster than their position in the championship dictates, must make a mandatory pit stop as defined below.

Group 1
Bernie
Sam Blood

Group 2
Burtoner
Rik Bryant

Group 3
Jack O'Ferrall
Will Tway

Group 4
Michael Turner
Steve Bird

Pit Stop Times
Group 1
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

Ferrari

N/A
Eagle

N/A
Brabham

N/A

Group 2
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A
Ferrari
Stop and Go

N/A
Eagle
Stop and Go

N/A

Group 3
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A
Ferrari
Stop and Go

N/A

Group 4
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A

First Pit Window is: 22 (to go on your pit board) to 14 (to go on your pit board)
 Second Pit Window is: 20 (to go on your pit board) to 7 (to go on your pit board)
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:58:45 PM +0000 »

Goodness me! I'm actually eligible for a pit stop!  laugh  It's almost wort taking the Lotus for.

I think I may just opt for a shopping trolley, that way I stand a better chance of staying on during lap 1!  Embarrassed

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:57:22 PM +0000 »

I'll be starting the Clubmans server tonight but I'm also in the Inter League race against GPL Fun which kicks off at the same time so things are bound to be a bit hectic in chat.  I have 2 computers so it won't be a problem actually starting the server but I won't be able to help out if you have problems, I'll be having to concentrate on joining the Inter League race at the right time so that I get one of the UKGPL liveries.

I'll probably set the server off with 40 mins praccy to give me a little leeway.  This doesn't mean you are allowed any extra praccy, please feel free to join the server at any time but DON'T leave the pit lane to start a praccy lap until there is 30mins or less on the clock.

Good luck tonight gents, this race will be crucial in deciding the title!
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:23:18 PM +0000 »

Didn't he do well? Cheesy

Qualifying was good, got down to the 24s, and offered to help people since I was faster than even I expected to be. I just focused on maintaining good consistent pace, which is what I've been after for the last year and a half of racing GPL.

Race went better than expected, got a good jump on the field at T1-T3, then just set about keeping good pace. Hit backmarkers after 4 or 5 laps, the first was good, the second not so as I got a massive snap of opposite lock and went off, upon rejoining I hit somebody quite hard and I apologise now if that was you. After that, I just kept increasing that lead, keeping an eye on the gaps in Pribluda, and in the end, let Dave and Sam through to continue their epic battle!

All in all, a good race. I'll check the replay (I saved it, if you want it uploaded, tell me and I will) and see who I tagged, but again I apologise for not seeing you. I didn't take the SnG cos I wasn't sure. Plus, I didn't want to lose a lead and end up taking people out when I overtook them.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:56 PM +0000 »

A frustrating race it has to be said. I simply wasn't getting along with my tail happy BRM and spun out several times in quali and the race. I was pleased with 3rd on the grid since I only managed two whole laps without going into a corner backwards. That seemed to set the tone for the rest of the race.

My start was reasonable and kept third just behind Bernie as Jethro blasted away into the distance in his rocket powered eagle. When Bernie ran wide at a corner I have no hope in spelling correctly, I was into second, and kept it, for a short while, until I lost it at the last turn a couple of laps later and dropped to 4th. I then tried to catch Burt but our pace was pretty similar so I couldn't really close in on him. I then narrowly avoided Steve when he fell victim to the sand dunes up ahead and was back up to third, until I spun at the last turn again.

I rejoined behind Dave and was in 4th but Bernie was catching up with me, as I hadn't recovered all my speed, and overtook me around the outside of Tarzan. We then procceded to catch up to Dave and when Bernie slowed slightly to avoid Dave at the last corner, I went for the opportunity and slotted back into 4th, which became 3rd when Dave very sportingly slowed and let me pass. It's just a great shame I then threw 3rd away a few laps later when I continued my love affair with going round corners backwards, dropping down to 5th in the process.

The last few laps were less eventful, with Jethro lapping me a few laps from the end and moved up to 4th when Dave, again, let me through, into an undeserved 4th. Jethro then kindly let the Reed drivers unlap themselves to entertain the crowd no doubt, helped by another spin at Tarzan.

My 4th place, along with Bernie's 3rd and Burt's 2nd results in a tight 3 way battle for the championship. It's been a great season and I'm sure Monza will prove to be a brilliant race. Best of luck to everyone in 2 weeks time, oh and congrats to Jethro for the win. You were a class apart from the rest of us.
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:19 PM +0000 »

Once again a nightmare at Zandy!

I couldn't believe it when I ran in 2nd for a little while but ended up running wide.  Conscious of getting in RB's way I went to the side of the track while trying to build speed, put a wheel on the grass which sucked me onto the slippery surface, then up the dunes!  I couldn't brake in time to stop going backwards over the track and shot across in front of Sam.  Sorry! Must have given you a scare.

Ended up just in front of Bernie, but didn't want to risk anything for a. the team b. Bernie's championship challenge.

Then it was spin, drive, spin, drive.  Ran behind Geoff for a little while who seemed to be struggling as much as me, until he got some sort of rhythm, I span again and he cleared off.

Ah well, all practice.

Looking forward to Monza for a bit more fun.

Well done podium, and indeed all finishers.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 03:21:33 PM +0000 »

I've checked out the replay. James was trying his best to get out of the way through the left-right bit, and ran wide thus overturning himself. I had a snap of opposite lock when up behind him and it sent me over the hills. Graham then came up on me rejoining the racetrack, and I whole-heartedly apologise for ruining his race because I wasn't paying attention to Pribluda at the time, more trying not to drive sideways onto the track. As it happens, I ended up on the racing line out of nowhere, and contact was made. He then hit an upside-down James and more chaos unfolded. It was one of those manic racing incidents I think, but if an incident report is filed, I won't object to anything coming my way, as it was mostly my fault on that one; hindsight's a wonderful thing but I should have given James more room to get through the twisty bits and onto the main straight. Apologies all round.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 05:34:22 PM +0000 »

I must have an angel sitting on my shoulder after that one .

The day began badly as I was again late for practise and couldnt get onto the server at first just kept getting a "timed out" message , eventually though a good lap got me a suprising front row spot alonside the flying eagle of Jethro .

Lap 1 saw me doing a wall of death ride around the dunes as I struggled with an understeering Cooper on cold tyres . This manouvre let almost the whole field by but I recovered and re joined in 8th place and chasing Mr Poole who gets a wobble on and exits stage right across my bows , we collide and i go sand racing again but able to recover and carry on, The next lap I am closing on team mate Mike in his Eagle , As I outbrake him into Tarzan I once more  have a close encounter with death,  but manage some how to come out alive and fighting . At this point I'm thinking of retiring to the paddock bar but then decide to press on in the hope of salvaging a few points .
The next fright is lap8 when I come across J Andrews who is reversing back out onto the track after a spin , it looks for a moment as if a collision is unavoidable but then sees me and on the last minute he gets on the brake pedal , so certain death is again thwarted by my gaurdian angel .

After what seemed like a whole week of empty track I spot the BRM of JackO out in front and as I get closer and close him down we both pass main rival Sam who seems to have gotten bored with the black stuff and had decided to go investigate the greenery instead .

Soon  I become the meat in a BRM sandwhich the 3 of us JackO, Me, Sam, enjoy some close (very close at one point sorry JackO ! ) racing culminating with myself in P3 way behind tame mate Burt (Oops I meant Team mate of course  Grin) who is holding onto a fine 2nd place .

Thanks also to the soggies Mike Turner for letting the train through at one point (Mike next time take them BRM's off please  Wink) and to Sam for some  sporting racing which I enjoyed very much indeed .

Things have hotted up nicely for Monza , the corrected scores as I see it barring any adjustments for moderation are :-

Me 219  :  Sam 213  :  Burt 208 

So nothing in it going into the final round  , Hope to see you all there  Grin

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:45:04 PM +0000 by bernie » Logged
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 11:55:02 PM +0000 »

Results imported so you can submit your incident reports.  Please make sure you enter the replay time on your incident reports, it is a big help to me.  I need to get the race modded well before the final race to make sure the chassis allocation is correct.  I wouldn't want the championship to be decided on an incorrect chassis allocation because of an unmodded incident.  Judging by some of the posts I may have some work to do for this one.

Get practicing for Monza gents, the finale should be a cracker Grin.
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:07:46 AM +0000 »

I'll do SnGs at Monza to level the playing field a bit. Sound reasonable? Smiley

Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:39 AM +0000 »

I'll do SnGs at Monza to level the playing field a bit. Sound reasonable? Smiley

Sounds like it should be the White Whale for you, Cap'n Ahab....... Wink
.....or the Green Pig......lol

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 01:18:42 AM +0000 »

If I win it in the BRM heads will roll. That white whale doesn't fit well with my driving. Cheesy

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 04:25:25 AM +0000 »

If I win it in the BRM heads will roll. That white whale doesn't fit well with my driving. Cheesy

White whale at Monza - prepare the extinguisher!  Cheesy

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 12:28:37 PM +0000 »

Nothing wrong with the Honda at Monza......ask a certain John Surtees for his opinion Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 02:27:35 PM +0000 »

Nothing wrong with the Honda at Monza......ask a certain John Surtees for his opinion Roll Eyes

If you want to drive something with two of the plug caps loose and a couple of chassis members sawn through!  Grin

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com