Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:31:25 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S16D1 Monza: February 01, 2009
February 01, 2009, 09:59:32 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Division 1 '67
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 1 1:27.559
146.925mph
1 49:26.679
143.100mph
33 1:28.019
146.157mph
Firestone  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 4 +2.676
142.568mph
2 +1:11.901
139.714mph
33 1:30.682
141.865mph
Goodyear  
Will Tway
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 3 +2.556
142.758mph
3 +1:19.600
139.361mph
33 1:30.186
142.645mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive

BRM P115 F1 1967 5 +3.231
141.696mph
4 +1:20.779
139.307mph
33 1:30.033
142.888mph
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine

BRM P115 F1 1967 2 +1.717
144.099mph
5 +1L
139.804mph
32 1:29.748
143.341mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Crash 'N' Burn Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +3.367
141.484mph
6 +49.830
137.477mph
32 1:31.034
141.316mph
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 9 +4.101
140.351mph
7 +1:13.585
136.395mph
32 1:31.688
140.308mph
Goodyear  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 11 +5.753
137.867mph
8 +1:26.117
135.831mph
32 1:31.810
140.122mph
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +3.855
140.729mph
9 +2L
132.365mph
31 1:31.913
139.965mph
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Honda RA300 F1 1967 6 +3.345
141.519mph
10 +17L
135.969mph
16 1:30.990
141.385mph
engine
Firestone  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 10 +4.872
139.181mph
11 +30L
133.623mph
3 1:33.223
137.998mph
accident
Firestone  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 13 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

For the last round of the season we returned to an old favourite for most drivers.
Despite its flat and easy to learn layout, Monza does reward precise driving and punishes badly judged braking.
How many of us have slithered into the welcoming embrace of the gravel trap at Parabolica and cursed..vowing never to make such a dumb mistake again...only to do exactly the same thing two laps later!!!

Hristo ( name check1) had already secured the Div 1 title for this season and opted to take the Ferrari for a spin. Unfortunately for the rest of us, he didn't. Spin that is!!

The last few rounds have seen a few more cars on the grid in Division 1 and people "testing the water" which has given us bigger grids and more racing throughout the field.

The car of choice appeared to be the BRM. In fact, for no other reason than "I have only ever used it about once in my on-line life" yours truly gave it a run out, and was amazed to see so many of the Bourne Beasts!! Just consider how many whizzy bits there were on that grid!!! shrapnel potential was awesome!!

Bernie ( the bolt) should be applauded ( or taken into a secure establishment for the mentally challenged and investigated) for risking the Honda which promised great things but slapped him in the face with a con rod at half distance.
Burt opted for his trusty fallback , the Cooper which proved to be untrustworthy, fell back and promptly got him involved in an accident which ended his race and his season.

Soggy bottom racers tried a vile subterfuge by entering two Brabhams for Steve Bird to drive, only one of which finished just in front of the "new(ish) team on the block, Clarke Hill Racing. Well done Geoff.
This attempt at blatant manipulation of the rules backfired and the reults show that as a result The Soggies occupied 4 out of the bottom 5 places instead of 3.

Reed Racing's (a BRM Team) new talent, drove a steady and well paced race to claim the second step on the podium. A result which will surely put pressure on the team's management to reconsider who wears the mantle of No 1 driver, after seeing the current holder finish in 7th?

Crash and Burn's ( another BRM team) American import Will ( where there's a way) Tway, quietly and efficiently slipped his car into 3rd spot and was ably supported by the British Bulldog Spirit in the shape of Phil ( tornado) Thornton in 6th spot.

Privateers took 3 of the top 5 places ( something that is sure to change next season ) with Hristo ( the Hurricane ) Itchov giving a demonstration drive out front in his Fezza, after shaking off a determined bid by Jethro ( Jetman) Walters, in his nitrous oxide boosted BRM, who tried to spoil his championship celebration race.
The 3rd privateer BRM dragged his sorry backside around to an underserved 4th place after closely examining the quality of the gravel at Parabolica when he should have been racing!!

Hristo is the clear DIVISION 1 champion after a somewhat dominant season, finishing over 100 points ahead of his nearest rival. although it should be pointed out that Hristo failed miserably, especially towards the end of the season, to lap some drivers.

Reed Racing's Jack (The Omnipotent ) O'Farrel may just have preserved his No 1 driver tag by claiming 3rd place in the championship, but will be looking over his shoulder at the new blood in his team next season.

Thanks to all those who took part and made it so enjoyable and thanks to the long suffering Phil, for not yelling at me when I asked the same dumb questions over and over about server launching, and still managed to screw it up.

It is not clear yet what will happen to Division 1 next season, but if one looks at all of the names that registered to race this season, it seems strange that we suffered from such a poor turnout for a many races.
There were actually 21 drivers listed,( although some like Kruger had to withdraw for personal reasons) we had enough people interested to give us some very reasonable grids and therefore good quality racing. Whatever we (as a league) decide to run next season I hope you will all race in as many classes as possible and just enjoy the fun.

Thanks for making the mods job easy this season, because even when there was a coming together, there was rarely ( if ever!) a report submitted for me to pass judgement on. The general standard of racing was excellent and no less competitive because of it.

Evilclive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Division 1 '67 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Feb 1  (Read 5180 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:29:35 PM +0000 »

The final round of the Season 15 Div 1 championship is at Monza.  Remember it is PRO rules for Div 1,  and the soft gravel trap at Parabolica awaits the over ambitious with its welcoming embrace.

We could benefit from a few more drivers joining with the current Div 1 crowd, so if you want to test yourself against the best ( and the rest!!) get practising at monza in a 67 beast of your choice and be there on Sunday.

Bear in mind that you will need to take the allocated pit stop for your chosen machine.

Don't forget, incident reports should be entered on the SRou system following the link at the bottom of the results table when it appears.  Race details below.

Div 1 Season 15 Round 10 is this Sunday at 9:00 p.m. London UK time.
Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
VROC and Race passwords: see above

Server 1.ukgpl
IP address  194.105.176.22

Race date = 1/02/2009
Track = Monza 67
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = 50 minutes (33 laps)

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page
Cooper   No Stop   No Stop
BRM   3   Too Short
Brabham   17   Too Short
Honda   20   Too Short
Ferrari   26   Too Short
Eagle   50   23
Lotus   51   23

First Pit Window is:   26(to go on your pit board)  to   17(to go on your pit board)   
Second Pit Window is:   24(to go on your pit board)  to   9(to go on your pit board)   

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:46:46 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:04:43 PM +0000 »

Clive, I'm all for copying and pasting things to use as a template, but you could at least make it less obvious. Tongue For a start, Track = Zandvoort 67 should be Monza. Are the laps correct for the pitstops too?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:51:12 PM +0000 »

I was testing the awareness of the Division 1 candidates for the new moderator's post and it seems that you are the only one with the required observation skills Roll Eyes
If you send your cheque for £25, we will process your application after we have held our moderators forum meeting in the Crossed Arms snug bar. Grin Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:15 PM +0000 »

Cool, get my round in please! 2 house whiskys and a pint of beer! Cheesy

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:38 AM +0000 »

Just set up a loop of 4 races on 1.UKGPl in case anyone wants to check their connections.  Races are set for 33 Laps Pro Rules.  Open race no password to join.
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:46 PM +0000 »

I lowered my PB in one car, and I can go faster! Cheesy

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:44:52 PM +0000 »

So qualifying went well, I managed to hit second spot by draining most of the excess weight out of the BRM, and I had good pace with a race setup. I thought fuel was a little marginal, but OK. How wrong would that be! I was nowhere near Hristo's alienating pace, and he deservedly took the pole. I was surprised at the amount of wannabe-BRMs in the field, as I had a guess that I was probably the best driver out there in that car.

At the start I got the jump on Hristo in Curva Grande, kept the inside line and just tried not to lag-crash him or run wide. He got alongside me on the exit and I let him go into Lesmo 1 and from there he just streaked away. I kept a measured eye on the gap, a measure on the cars behind me, and just kept plodding along, trying to find a little more pace here and there. Took my pitstop reasonably early, and just waited for Hristo to stop; waited, waited some more, then when I thought he'd dropped off the map (Pribluda can be a little screwy some days), realised he'd opened about 45-50 seconds on me and he had more than enough time to get in, stop, and get out again a full 10 seconds in front. After that, I just tried to consolidate 2nd place, I opened a little more of a gap on Sam behind me, and was looking good for 2nd until I noticed the fuel gauge was a bit lower than it should be. It was then decided that I had to save fuel; short-shift, use the clutch some more coasting to corners, and it seemed to work; I had about 1 gallon left for the last lap, at which point I told myself "go for it, get your PB in the race, you've done everything right".

Then the engine blew. censored devil

I apologise for swearing in chat, and I regretted it when I hit "Enter", however I've never been so pissed off at the BRM in my life; even it's lack of outright pace at the trickiest of circuits didn't have me swearing as much as that bloody engine going "kaboom" on the S/F straight. All I could do was coast it across the line so I started the last lap (think Hill at Spanish GP 1995), not knowing what position I'd be in at the end of the race. I retired the sick motor and just watched the leaderboard, hoping I didn't go too far down the order. 5th at the end of that is a good result, all things being said, but to be frank, I was robbed of 2nd by a faulty engine! I reckon Sam passed his engine gremlins to me that day!

The annoying thing is, I've not blown an engine in all the practice I've done this week, and it has to go on the S/F straight of the last lap. Life's a right royal bitch some days! Monza's not quite my lucky circuit, but I do enjoy it more than others. That's the second competitive league race I've had there and the 2nd engine that's blown in the closing stages. Shame there weren't no Shift-R, I could have really used that then!

Congrats go to Hristo; you were a class apart from the field *and then some*, and your pace was not to be reckoned with. Even though you say "this isn't my strongest track", you dominated. Congrats also to Sam for keeping me honest through the race. Congrats also to the last guy on the podium; I can't remember who you were, but kudos nonetheless.

Bring on the Amateurs! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:46:48 PM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 05:57:27 PM +0000 »

Bad luck Jethro; my engine was suprisingly robust this race so I must have passed on my engine gremlins to you  angel.

Quali was interesting, helped by me taking the lion's share of spins and collisions with the walls during the session but I managed to get onto the second row. A good start followed and I slotted myself into 3rd watching Hristo and Jethro side by side through Curva Grande and into the Lesmo curves. I then tried to catch Jethro but he seemed to have about 3-5 tenths on me a lap in equal machinery so I drove my own race, although hearing Bernie's Honda in the background may have spurred me on a bit!

The rest of the race was rather quiet. I decided to pit slightly earlier than planned when I was catching a car up ahead and came out again with no drama. By this stage Jethro was long gone and I drove the last 20 or so laps by myself, maybe overtaking a car or two. My gearbox seemed a little temperamental towards the end of the race, I kept getting a load of neutrals here and there for no apparent reason on a couple of occasions. It may have been the actual shifter I use but I'm not sure. I'll have to see if the problem persists. The engine coped with the over revving admireably and I continued my way towards the finish.

On the last lap I noticed a slowing BRM which happened to be Jethro, who was obviously not pleased when his engine decided to become a coffee table, rather than hauling the tank-like BRM around. So I inherited a lucky 2nd, over a minute behind Hristo but I didn't get lapped so I was happy with that.

I've found Div 1 a tough nut to crack (managing 4 laps in my first 3 races!) but it has a been a satisfying end to the season. It was nice to see Geoff and Steve take the plunge into D1 and congrats to Hristo, Clive and Dave for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the overall championship.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 03:27:59 PM +0000 »

It wasn't a particularly interesting race, but the funny thing was how most people took the BRM, Brabham and even a Cooper, but I decided to take something I had recently raced at there, had a good setup with and would give me a clean run, which turned to be the Ferrari.
I didn't have too bad of a start, but Jethro must've had a great one and led towards T1 but I kept the outside line and we exited the corner side by side. My engine gave me a slight advantage before Lesmo 1 and with later braking it was enough to go infront and begin working on the gap needed for my longer pitstop. The car was behaving very well and I could pull about 2 seconds a lap and by mid-distance I had more than enough gap back to 2nd place. The pitstop went well though a bit slow for being cautious at acceleration to avoid revving it up. Some weeks ago I had an oAo race with the Ferrari at Monza and the engine blew up on the very last lap and the car kept rolling until it stopped just before the s/f line, so I tried to avoid any possible bad gear shifts or high revving. That compromised my speed a bit, but it didn't matter.
Grats to all finishers, it's been a pleasure racing you all this season! Next one should be a blast, with all the changes and team movements planned, that's what I hope for.

-=Hristo=-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com