by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 12:02:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L7 Mid-Ohio: February 09, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power and Glory v2 Mod test - Mid-Ohio - Feb 9  (Read 19874 times)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2009, 05:18:37 PM +0000 »

Results done now and replay in normal slot.

Shame to hear that a few experienced CTD problems. Hopefully that was track specific, I did have a fps problems coming into s/f line, so please try again next Monday Smiley If you have time, try server before hand and report back.

dynosaur

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:19 AM +0000 »

It was a bummer cause I couldn´t get in, always a ctd after loading track. What was interesting was that I was in driving a couple of laps, then there was a freeze at the start line, a ctd and after that I was not able to get in.

Dynosaur, did you try deleting the HAT file for the track before rejoining? Usually works for me. I often get a CTD when rejoining after the server is restarted for qually, deleting the HAT file usually cures it. Happens in GTL as well.

No I didn´t try that, I will next time, for it was really frustrating to see it go down when I was expecting a nice race with 911..... Thanks Geoffers and others for some tips. I remember having this at one time with GTL too...
Minton
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2009, 03:17:34 PM +0000 »

I used softs as well, my tires felt ok towards the end.  Still cant get them to work properly on the front maybe it was the nature of the track but i havnt driven it anywhere else so couldnt say.  Sure the car would feel much better if you could get the fronts up to around 85 degrees instead of 65 to 70.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2009, 03:56:52 PM +0000 »

Sure the car would feel much better if you could get the fronts up to around 85 degrees instead of 65 to 70.

funny enough i spoke to one of the mod creators about that today. He implied that 60 degrees is good enough heat for a front tyre on the 911's, but having felt the difference between a warmer and colder one on track, im not convinced !  Especially as only a few statements earlier he confirmed to me that the 70's tyres in P&G are more akin to the modern GT tyres needing around 90 degrees. Roll Eyes
(note the 60's cars optimum is 85 degrees).

If anyone discovers the secret of getting some warmth in those front tyres, please share !!  Tongue

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2009, 10:51:59 PM +0000 »

drag the brakes till they lock.......all around the track Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com