Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 03:15:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S16Dc Monza: February 08, 2009
February 08, 2009, 09:22:58 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Clubmans '67
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 3 +0.218
142.605mph
1 32:07.860
140.100mph
21 1:30.306
142.422mph
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +0.111
142.775mph
2 +4.091
139.803mph
21 1:29.993
142.918mph
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +1.839
140.088mph
3 +19.764
138.678mph
21 1:31.466
140.616mph
Goodyear  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +2.560
138.996mph
4 +25.965
138.238mph
21 1:31.456
140.631mph
Firestone  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 6 +1.770
140.193mph
5 +58.838
135.951mph
21 1:31.209
141.012mph
Goodyear  
Asbjeurn Tverberg

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 5 +1.653
140.372mph
6 +1L
132.980mph
20 1:31.659
140.320mph
Firestone  
James Andrew

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 9 +2.678
138.819mph
7 +24.515
131.316mph
20 1:32.778
138.627mph
Goodyear  
G Poole

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 10 +4.843
135.649mph
8 +1:00.278
128.961mph
20 1:31.705
140.249mph
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 4 +1.381
140.790mph
9 +18L
112.528mph
3 1:30.798
141.650mph
Disco
Firestone  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 1 1:29.972
142.951mph
10 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
1 UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 11 11 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Summary

A very clean race with no reported incidents. Congratulations to Sam on a fine drive to victory, he did everything he possibly could to win the championship but had to settle for the runner up spot in the end. The accolade of being crowned champion in his rookie season was not to be. Bernie’s second place ensured he had scooped enough points to maintain his lead at the top of the table and successfully defend his Clubman’s title. Well done Bernie. Jack O’Ferrall grabbed third place on the podium with Burt following him home in fourth place thus securing a very creditable third place in the championship.

SBRC win the team championship by a narrow margin from Reed Racing. Only TBR put the top two teams under any pressure but their challenge faded towards the end of the season.

Overall this has been a keenly but fairly contested season. There have been a minimal number of incidents and a low tally of yellow cards handed out. Whilst the lap times may be shy of those attained by the “alien” divisions, the races have been no less exciting, the championship has been wide open and went right down to the wire. Congratulations to all drivers who took part.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 16 (2008) Clubmans '67 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Feb 8  (Read 5022 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:08 PM +0000 »

Season 16  Clubman's Cup - Final Round - Monza

The Clubmans championship is really hotting up and the final round promises to be a cracker.  What better place to hold the deciding round, the cathedral of motor sport, Monza.  Bernie and Burt already have 8 scoring rounds to their names so they will have to drop another score if they do well here.  Sam already has 2 no scores to his name so he can keep all the points he earns at Monza (the web site has already dropped Bernie's and Burt's lowest scoring round to date).  The team championship is pretty much decided in favour of the Soggies but all is not lost for Reed Racing, they have an opportunity to help their man win the drivers title.  Sam will probably need to win and have his Reed Racing team mates to follow him home if he is to be victorious.

With everything to play for tension will be high but please take it easy on lap 1 especially at the Curva Grande and Lesmo 1.  The standard of driving has been very good this year, let's keep it that way for the final round.

Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:25 p.m (UK London Time = GMT).

Server = 1.UKGPL
IP address = 194.105.176.22
Race date = 08-02-2009
Time 8:30 pm (UK London Time = GMT)
Track = Monza
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Don't start until 30 mins left on clock to allow everyone to join.
Race length = Long (21 laps)
Password: see above

CHASSIS RESTRICTIONS
These are based on the drivers position in the championship.  Any driver who chooses to take a chassis faster than their position in the championship dictates, must make a mandatory pit stop as defined below.

Group 1
Bernie
Burtoner

Group 2
Sam Blood
Jack O'Ferrall

Group 3
Rik Bryant
Will Tway

Group 4
Michael Turner
Steve Bird

Pit Stop Times
Group 1
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A
Eagle

N/A
Ferrari

N/A
Honda
Stop and Go

N/A

Group 2
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A
Eagle

N/A
Ferrari

N/A

Group 3
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus

N/A
Eagle

N/A

Group 4
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
Lotus
Stop and Go

N/A

First Pit Window is: 17 (to go on your pit board) to 11 (to go on your pit board)
 Second Pit Window is: 15 (to go on your pit board) to 6 (to go on your pit board)
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:34:46 AM +0000 »

Not having much success keeping the Brab on the road in this series, so I may jump out of the frying pan and into the fire......and try the Lotus for the last race.......<gulp>   scared
Geoff.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:41 AM +0000 »

Won't be here for this one, so good luck to those fighting for the title.

I need to find araldite and duct-tape this weekend; anybody know where it's sold?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:39:47 AM +0000 »

Any good hardware store will have all you need Jethro.
Geoff.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 07:33:12 PM +0000 »

I'll be in the Interleague race at 20:30.  I'll have to drop out of qually to start the server so I won't be able to hang around.  Consequently I'll set the practice to be longer than normal so I can get back to the interleague race in good time.  Usual rules apply, DON'T START QUALLY TILL THERE IS 30 MINS OR LESS ON THE CLOCK.

Good luck gents.  Let's have a clean fight to decide the title
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 10:38:40 PM +0000 »

Well after all the blood (no pun ) sweat, tears, and tyre smoke had settled,  It was an easy job following Sam home to the podium , the only excitement being his spinning off and letting me pass into P1 ( the only way It would likely happen ) Then me spinning out at Parabollox (Fell Asleep) so all in all a bit of an anticlimax to what has been a very enjoyable season which had all the ingredients you could hope for in a GPL league with excitement right up to the final round .

So a BIG thank you to Phil for his hard work and all the other backroom boys who shall be nameless ( you know who you are , even if we dont  Wink ) who make UKGPL such a pleasure , Thanks to all racers who turned up each w/e to share the fun , may the race be with you .

See you soon  in S17 

Wink

Might have been a better race if Mike had stayed with us but for some reason he did not appear on the grid
Michael Turner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 10:54:02 PM +0000 »

Well after all the blood (no pun ) sweat, tears, and tyre smoke had settled,  It was an easy job following Sam home to the podium , the only excitement being his spinning off and letting me pass into P1 ( the only way It would likely happen ) Then me spinning out at Parabollox (Fell Asleep) so all in all a bit of an anticlimax to what has been a very enjoyable season which had all the ingredients you could hope for in a GPL league with excitement right up to the final round .

So a BIG thank you to Phil for his hard work and all the other backroom boys who shall be nameless ( you know who you are , even if we dont  Wink ) who make UKGPL such a pleasure , Thanks to all racers who turned up each w/e to share the fun , may the race be with you .

See you soon  in S17 

Wink
I decided to make some last minute adjustments and missed the start oops
What a ******! (please provide a noun of your choice)
Congrats to Bernie on a great season and roll on S17 

Might have been a better race if Mike had stayed with us but for some reason he did not appear on the grid
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 11:30:26 PM +0000 »

Bad luck Mike , Not sure if you know this but  you probably could still have started from the pit lane as GPL allows you to do this alla real life racing .

You have to wait 10 secs or so for the green button before you can join the track .

Cheesy

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 04:36:40 PM +0000 »

Congrats to Bernie on winning a second Clubmans title. I tried my best but to no avail. I guess this season shows just how consistency should be valued.

The race was rather undramatic. With Michael not making the start, me and Bernie began a drag race into Curva Grande and I narrowly won due to having the inside line. The next half of the race involved me and Bernie racing within a couple of seconds of each other until I got distracted by a spinning Eagle at Curva Grande. Rather than focus on braking for the Lesmo curves, I decided that my mirrors were more interesting and continued looking in them only to realise I had left my braking way too late and spun, with Bernie narrowly avoiding me and taking over the lead. We were now about 2-3 seconds apart but I our pace was matched so I couldn't catch him. Then Bernie must have thought that I simply had to win and spun at the Parabolica. I went into the lead and it remained that way until the end of the race.

The race results mean that the Soggies have proved victorious in both drivers and teams championship. Congrats to you all. At least Reed can be happy with giving the Soggies a run for their money despite being vastly outnumbered and solely using the trusty BRM. Maybe Loot will be pleased with victories in the races for now...

The Clubmans this season has been fantastic. It's been a pleasure racing and a big thank you to all the mods and drivers for making this possible. Whether or not I drive in the Clubmans next season is a different story but I look forward to Season 17 to whatever it may bring.
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 06:42:15 PM +0000 »

So he turned into Alonso after all.  Congratulations on a second championship Bernie- though I noted that you had to plead connection difficulties to dodge the pre-race taunting, and Burt had to bear the entire burden himself.  Another unheralded contribution from the Soggies nearly man.   It's been another enjoyable season of racing, though the Kyalami race when Sam went missing and I had to race GBGPL damaged REED's chances too much in the end.  It would be good to have Sam return to Clubmans next season, to continue what could be a classic rivalry.  I was pleased that we had a strong grid for the last race.  If we persuade more of the 65 novices to race next season, especially the new Lotus team, Clubmans might become successful at nurturing 67 beginners- as well as being the most popular UKGPL division.   

Well done to Sam for the win, another welcome contribution to Loot's trophy cabinet, to great cheers from the crowd- unfortunately without Ian, Reed had no drivers quick enough to keep Bernie out of second.  Though I made up places due to mistakes ahead of me, even when Bernie made a hash of Parabolica I was too far behind and had to race hard just to keep in front of Burt.  Still, it was a fourth podium of the season and my best UKGPL race at Monza yet.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:08:40 PM +0000 »

Race results uploaded so you can submit your incident reports if you have any.  Judging by the posts on this thread it was a pretty quiet race so I'm not expecting much controversy. 

A provisional congrats to Bernie (the pies didn't slow him down).  Commiserations to Sam after a very season good season notching up 3 wins.  A great effort from Burt too including a hard fought victory.  I'll get the race modded ASAP and I look forward to seeing you all in Season 17.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:21:14 PM +0000 »

Provisional grats to Bernie for a consistant season, 3 pies before each race and one after is fairly consistant.

Sam showed his potential and should be looking forward to next season.... and Burt almost made it again, despite being distracted by "other" sims  lol.

All those who race in Clubmans deserve a round of applause for making it it the fun that it is . clap clap clap clap

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:23 AM +0000 »

Grats, Bernie!

Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:30 PM +0000 »

Didn't have much time to practice before the race, so I decided to show up at the qually and see how i managed. If I felt I would be a menace to the other drivers, I would just log off before race start.

The qually didn't go too bad. I felt I could get around the track without crashing into every rail present, so I decided to take part in the race. Also I had qualified fifth, so I thought I might even be able to compete.

Start was okay. I decided to be careful in T1, and positioned myself behind Geoff, who slided into the rail, so I could pass him safely on the inside. Since Mike didn't turn up at the start, I was now third, behind Sam and Bernie. Got a few steady laps, and didn't see much of those behind me, but Sam and Bernie just pulled away, so all I could do was concentrating on myself. Lap 5 meant the end of that, when I spun at the exit of Curva Grande.

Now I got behind Graham Poole. Driving a Cooper, there was no way I could overtake him in his Eagle, but I have a little secret that I haven't told you before, and that is that I'm studying at the Jedi School, and I decided to practice using The Force on him, and made him steer into the brake markers before Ascari, so I could pass him. I guess he's studying at the same school, 'cause obviously he must have used The Force on my engine, which blew on the front straight. Shift-r and a disastrous stop and go followed. I completely missed my pit box, and nearly spun. Really embarrasing.   whistling

From now on it was all about reaching the finish line without making a complete fool of myself. I was too far behind the drivers with cars I could compete with speedwise. The closest cars  were Eagles, so Although I might be able to catch them in the "twisty" parts of the track (Lesmos), they'd just power away from me on the straights. I did manage to get into James' slipstream onto the front straight on one occasion, though, but didn't have enough power to get past him, only to follow him, and in Curva Grande I lost control under braking, and he got away again. Thanks to him having an excursion onto the gravel in Parabolica I got past him and ended sixth, one lap behind Sam and Bernie. Strange, really, to be just behind those two at the first part of the race, and then end the race one lap behind.  dots

Anyway, grats to Bernie for the championship, and to Sam for the win here on Monza. Well done both of you.  thumbup1

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 06:43:20 PM +0000 »

Great race and nice win battle at front for Bernie and Samb fighting it out.

My qualifying past was bit poor but neverless I could make places up in race. At start I lost some time after a slight contact and had to get going again, with ground to make up straight away. Then im just flying past cars left, right and centre. Somehow im back into the top 4 and then im chasing Jack down in his BRM. I get the gap to 5secs, but our race pace is pretty much the same. Bernie and Samb were out of range at this point and my championship was over. Grats to Bernie for the championship and Sam for win, and too the Soggies for the Championship Smiley I came so close again, perhaps next time it be my lucky chance lol. We will see what happens next season. At least I got a win that Bernie never got this season Wink

I feel I lost my chance during the Spa and Snetterton with bad results, felt I could of won at Kyalami only 9.7secs behind leader. Bernie must be kicking himself slightly that he had 5 2nd place finishes and 0 wins..

See you next season, and the Soggies are looking good to defend themselves!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:46:41 PM +0000 by Burtoner » Logged

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com