by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 04:40:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally iRacing one month FREE trial is here  (Read 19099 times)
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2009, 02:52:15 PM +0000 »

This is copied from another forum, but I don't think I've done anything illegal. Just changed the referal e-mail
Free 1 Month Trial. Basic content + Radical and Silverstone.

If the form doesn't work, try again later. Radical have acknowledged the issue and will fix it sometime.

Cars
Pontiac Solstice - Road (Rookie + Advanced)
Legends - Oval (Rookie + Advanced)
Radical SR8 - Oval (Supplied with Radical Trial only)

Tracks
Lanier National Speedway - Oval (1 Layout)
Lime Rock Park - Road Course (2 Layout)
Oxford Plains Speedway - Oval (1 Layout)
Summit Point Raceway - Road Course (3 Layouts)
South Boston Speedway - Oval (1 Layout)
Lowe's Motor Speedway - Oval and Road Course (4 Layout. 2 Oval, 2 RC)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Road Course (1 Layout)
Silverstone - Road Course (5 Layouts) (Supplied with Radical Trial only)

Anyone who signs up using it can they enter Dave's email address as the referrer on the iRacing site:

If you then get hooked and subscribe they'll pay him a few quid in iRacing credits and he'll put that into the SRou found.

Note: A Credit Card is needed, they won't charge you, but it will set it up to auto-renew at the end of the trial period, so if you don't want to subscribe and just want to run for a month make sure you go into the MY ACCOUNT section and click Cancel/Renew Membership and click the Cancel Auto-billing button so you don't get charged $20 at the end of the month.

The new build is a quantum leap forward from the previous version and well worth trying if you've ever been tempted but never got around to it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:13:03 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:36:50 PM +0000 »

That is good news - come on, SRou chaps, and give iRacing a shot! With the new clubs, open practice and flags, it's a much nicer experience thumbup2
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:41 AM +0000 »

tyte, getting this NOW
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:13:33 AM +0000 »

I was there and it will take a lot more than sweet words to drag me back. yawn Reports from the new guys, please. Smiley
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:10:00 PM +0000 »

I was there and it will take a lot more than sweet words to drag me back. yawn Reports from the new guys, please. Smiley

Me too, and I still haven't upgraded my PC to iRacing standards so little point in doing a trial month anyway. I probably wouldn't be eligible anyway as a former subscriber. Loads going on atm which are taking precedence over PC rebuild, but I might be back at some point, if it's still there!!
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:20:14 PM +0000 »

No problem if you're not ready to go back. Thought this would be a great way for other drivers to get a taste without spending money, just to see what it's all about.

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:02:45 PM +0000 »

There was someone over at GC saying he had an illegal copy of iRacing with all cars and tracks. Not sure how that works.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:55:16 PM +0000 »

There was someone over at GC saying he had an illegal copy of iRacing with all cars and tracks. Not sure how that works.

Almost certainly only works offline, which defeats the whole object.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:24 PM +0000 »

It would allow try before you buy though which a few people are calling for. As you say though useless racing on your own and I'd hate to think they could get around that.
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 08:45:59 PM +0000 »

It would allow try before you buy though which a few people are calling for. As you say though useless racing on your own and I'd hate to think they could get around that.

With no other cars on the track, I wouldn't even call it trying.

popabawa
Legendary Leader

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 08:37:55 AM +0000 »

Only brand new sign-up's are eligible for the the free trial anyway Smiley

I'm guessing this won't make a huge difference, in the simracing community at least, I think the vast majority interested in trying iRacing have given it a go and made their decision one way or another.

Legends Racing simracing team
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:49:56 AM +0000 »

I'm still keen on doing it, Pops, driving is superb. Cool Just that it must be our own league, as it is in GTR2. When I hit MJ I want him to know it was me. Cheesy And why.  Wink

TT
popabawa
Legendary Leader

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 02:02:55 PM +0000 »

iRacing is poorer for not having you there TT but I fear leagues are still a way off Sad

At least it looks like they will happen at some point.

Legends Racing simracing team
Ben "Welling" Summers
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 02:50:00 PM +0000 »

Just having a little look into this.  It appears to be the Radical and Silverstone for this trial.  Would this mean that only Week 4 would work for online racing against the rest of the I-Racers current already enjoying this sim?

Ben "Welling" Summers
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 03:00:08 PM +0000 »

Just having a little look into this.  It appears to be the Radical and Silverstone for this trial.  Would this mean that only Week 4 would work for online racing against the rest of the I-Racers current already enjoying this sim?

I'm not sure of the working of the trial but the Radical can't be raced by rookies.

I guess the Radical will end up an offline trial only.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: