Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 10:31:19 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter Season 17 Clubman's Cup?
Yes, expect 75% or more attendance - 11 (52.4%)
Yes, expect less than 75% attendance - 10 (47.6%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 17 Clubman's Cup Registration  (Read 10426 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 12:38:59 AM +0000 »

Season 17 - Clubman's Cup

Please check the Season 17 pages for details regarding rules and the Clubman's Cup pages in particular.

The races will be run as follows:

Car set: 67 F1 only
Date: Every second Sunday from 1st March 2009
Time: 9:00pm London UK Time (30 mins practice, race starts at 9:30pm)
Race Length: Long
Damage Model:  Intermediate
Server: 1.UKGPL
Race List: VROC

Provisional Calendar as follows:

Date   Day  Time   Track
01/03/2009Sunday9:00pmSpa Francorchamps
15/03/2009Sunday9:00pmAlbi
29/03/2009Sunday9:00pmSnetterton 67
19/04/2009Sunday9:00pmNurburgring
03/05/2009Sunday9:00pmRouen
17/05/2009Sunday9:00pmLime Rock Mountain
31/05/2009Sunday9:00pmJarama
14/06/2009Sunday9:00pmMosport
28/06/2009Sunday9:00pmSilverstone
12/07/2009Sunday9:00pmMonza

The provisional calendar may be changed at the discretion of the Divisional Moderator.

If you would like to enter this series please submit an entry in the poll. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:52:20 PM +0000 by Phil Thornton » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:23 AM +0000 »

I think I'll have a whirl at this too this time  Smiley
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:21:44 PM +0000 »

Up to you Tim, I know you want to race at Jarama, but the Interleague squad might consider your talents wasted on an int level Clubmans race!  The first Clubmans race will start after the first of the Interleague races, if you want to race both...
Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:34 PM +0000 »

Count me in for this one. Hopefully we can stop Bernie gaining a hat-trick of Clubmans titles this season  Smiley.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:37 PM +0000 »

Count me in for this one. Hopefully we can stop Bernie gaining a hat-trick of Clubmans titles this season  Smiley.

Being the Alonso that he is, he couldn't anyway.  Undecided

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:22 PM +0000 »

Up to you Tim, I know you want to race at Jarama, but the Interleague squad might consider your talents wasted on an int level Clubmans race!  The first Clubmans race will start after the first of the Interleague races, if you want to race both...

Actually I've never even D/L'ed Jarama  Grin Lime Rock Mountain and the Nuerburgring are calling though - I'm just not sure if I'm good enough for D1 level races in the 67's yet?  Undecided angel
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:09:32 AM +0000 »

Someone needs to stop Bernie!, and thats going to be me... muhhahaha
After 2 seasons in row where I had a chance of winning my teammate pulls it out of the bag:/
So whos back better than ever before!
Although the tracklist looks pretty tough this season.

Nurby being a long one, Lime Rock Mountain caused problems 2 seasons ago with massive disconnects on the server, and what ever Jarama circult is?

Oh and the Soggies are going to run away with this one too? Wink

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 01:52:37 AM +0000 »

Oh and the Soggies are going to run away with this one too? Wink

You surely mean the Wazas. Wink

Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:43:33 PM +0000 »

REED, MARQUE, LEARN: THE JACK O’FERRALL STORY

...“Scribbling again, Jack?”  Bell could move like a convict at times, must be all the oil.  “What is that, looks like a shopping trolley, with a streetcleaning brush on the front?”  The designer of the H-16 was suddenly into aesthetics?  
   “Just wanted to get some concepts down on paper, Bell, while we’re waiting for the season to start.  Perhaps it's too radical for some.”  Not enough lead weights around the crankshaft, maybe.
   “Well make sure Loot doesn't catch you, He's already mentioned that some teams let their mechanics race, and that perhaps a few key team members exchanging roles might help.  I don't want you ruining my tools, as well as my engines.”
   “Is Loot back at Burley, then?  Is it finally the end for the critically endangered black market rhino?”  Though as Burley was rather more successful as a racing headquarters than in its previous incarnation as a shooting range, this didn't seem likely.  At least the rhino hadn't got him, or we'd be looking for a new owner.  Tom had always been too interested in the expression 'management buyout’ for comfort, and the only other money would have to come from some crazed hippie millionaire who wanted to put the P115 on a marijuana-themed pop album cover, where it belonged.
   “How am I meant to develop a championship chassis with all my best mechanics competing to drive the medical truck on Loot's safaris?  When I was a youth I spent all my spare time with engineering manuals, not learning to say ‘Excuse me miss, where is the nearest supply of Cuban cigars?’ in Swahili.”  He wandered off in the general direction of the garages. As I watched him shamble away I wondered idly how he could be so blind to the need for a flat engine to have a low centre of gravity, since it was obviously of so much use in his normal means of locomotion.
             At least I had the rest of a rare bright February day to myself- but no.   Apparently plotting the public relations segment of the rise to fame of Reed's new talent wasn't enough to engage all of Tom's superior intellect, and parts of it were to be lent out to bother me with.  “Hello Tom, pleasant day.”  I had thrown my jacket over the writing pad, check.  “You’ve come to tell me that you've managed to sell advertising space on my helmet, haven't you?  Not to BSA, I trust?”
   Tom dismissed this with an air of preoccupied contempt.  “Apparently British firms have a distrust of drivers who not only fail to win any races, but can't be relied upon to wear shoes at the press conference, Jack.  There was a proposal for a Watney’s Red Barrel campaign against drink-driving laws ‘Sober drivers crash too’, but irony doesn't often impress the British consumer- as you are almost certainly already aware from your romantic life.  It was Jerry I wanted to talk to, where's he gone?”
   “He’s filling out his annual membership form for the ‘vociferous anti-lightweight cars brigade’, it's what he usually does at this time of year, when he’s not gripped by panic and consuming the team's entry forms.  Might I ask why?”  
   He looked slightly anguished, if it hadn't been Tom I’d have suspected that there was sympathy involved.  “Jack, without Jerry there wouldn't be a Reed Racing.  He took over the team management years ago when it was a laughing stock.  Loot had demanded that either the team won races or he'd spend his gold on some more rewarding hobby, like the British space effort.  We used to parade a V16 around the track every race to show off its engine noise, but it never ran.  Jerry got all the pretension out of the outfit and got a few trophies into the cabinet, then he won a championship, and built us a V8 that would have won more if it wasn't for Lotus- and Bandini.”  He paused.  I needed a pause as well, it all seemed a touch sincere.  “Of course, it took it out of him a little.”
   “I suppose it can't have helped to be a Rolls-Royce-trained car designer up against Lotus, with their penchant for fragile suspensions and being arrested by the police,” I offered.  “However, if Bell’s great achievement is supposed to be having rescued us from the international ridicule of having giant 16-cylinder engines that make too much racket then explode, then I confess to feeling slightly disappointed.”
   “Engineering isn't my forte, Jack, you know that, I'm better with people.  But it was Chapman who wanted a sixteen-cylinder three litre engine, he got Coventry to build one, then they mysteriously decided to pull out of Formula One, and he prevailed on Jerry to build them one instead.  We get stuck with it and he has a Ford V8.”  Even having to utter Chapman's name seemed to trouble him.  “You tell me Jack- is our engine heavier than it needs to be?”
   Now, if that very topic hadn't cropped up on dozens of our nights out last season, can't for the moment remember why, Tom had always been more interested by the popsies.  It must have been one of those rare opportunities, when a soul normally closed to yours betrays an opening to light and reason.  “I’m sure Bell knows his stuff, Tom.”
   “Yeah, yeah you're probably right.”  And off he went too, leaving me with my sketches and the February sunshine.
Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:20 AM +0000 »

Will try to make a whole season this time, though I see that some of the races are more maybe than definitely:
* April 5. - I may be on vacation for the easter holidays by then, but probably not
* May 17. - Norwegian national day - the celebrations will be over by the time of the race, but my dear one may want to spend the night with me and summarise the actions of the day
* July 12. - I may be on summer vacation by then

This cuts the appearance down to 70%, but I doubt that I will be away on all those dates, so I ticked 75% or more attendance. We'll see how it goes. Smiley

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
James Andrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 07:11:28 PM +0000 »

I'd like to join in again but have obviously completely failed to register my interest until now - the evening of race one. I'll turn up in the chatroom tonight and ask permission to race there, too.

In my defence, rubbish as I am, I'm a regular attender and faster than I was when I joined last season.

James

Think you can predict the real F1 results?
http://tinyurl.com/f1preds
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:32:53 PM +0000 »

No problem James, registration has been shorter than usual this offseason, good to have you back.

Any other interested racers might note that registration will also be open during the season, the only possible problem being the divisions where the grids are already full, at least notionally- but we'd have to have 25-30 drivers in a division before I'd expect it to be a significant concern. 
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 08:27:30 AM +0000 »

Where has Bernie gone?

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:13 AM +0000 »

?
He's still there?  Undecided
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:26 PM +0000 »

I spotted him now.

When I looked at the registrations I couldn't see him to start with.  Roll Eyes

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com