Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:36:41 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Da Spa: March 03, 2009
March 03, 2009, 09:37:29 PM +0000 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +3.789
---
1 58:56.836
---
16 3:37.766
---
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +1.027
---
2 +0.440
---
16 3:38.600
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 12 +4.274
---
3 +9.743
---
16 3:39.331
---
Dunlop  
ginsters sponsored
 Kerb Crawlers
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 8 +2.696
---
4 +15.162
---
16 3:39.395
---
Dunlop  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +3.769
---
5 +27.284
---
16 3:40.177
---
Dunlop  
Storm_Cloud

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 9 +2.879
---
6 +29.969
---
16 3:38.824
---
Dunlop  
Dave Randall

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 +7.235
---
7 +55.357
---
16 3:40.602
---
Dunlop  
Doni Yourth

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 18 +8.134
---
8 +1:00.574
---
16 3:41.214
---
Dunlop  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 16 +7.491
---
9 (+1) +1:10.664
---
16 3:41.224
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +6.520
---
10 +2L
---
14 3:42.043
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 17 +7.633
---
11 +6L
---
10 3:41.091
---
Dunlop  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 13 +4.464
---
12 +7L
---
9 3:39.479
---
Dunlop  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.404
---
13 +28.735
---
9 3:38.979
---
Goodyear  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 4 +2.046
---
14 +10L
---
6 3:40.638
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +2.562
---
15 +1.392
---
6 3:39.204
---
Goodyear  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 5 +2.156
---
16 (+1) +15L
---
1 3:46.063
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 7 +2.655
---
17 +1:32.186
---
1 5:17.769
---
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 3:35.422
---
18 +16L
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0h01m16s

Jethro and Nicky Ickx collide going into Les Coombes. Jethro was slow and wide while Nicky was quicker on a tighter line and had his car under control which makes Nicky's attempted overtake a legitimate one.

While Nicky was on the inside Jethro continued to turn in and put himself at risk of warp as well as collision.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h06m30s

Clive Loynes overtakes Nicky Ickx approaching Stavelot. Nicky has drifted over to the centre line when Clive moves out to pass him and disappears from Nicky's mirrors so he is moving alongside yet Nicky continues to drift over and squeeze Clive. Clive appears to react to Nicky's movements when he touches the grass and turns slightly into Nicky, but had he been left more room he could well have made a clean pass.

Simple Side By Side Contact penalty 1 place.

Server replay time: 0h36m25s

Clive Loynes was doing battle with Steve Bucket who had slowed due to a disappearing Dave Randall. Once through Masta Clive moved over to the left to pick up a tow from Steve Bucket but unfortunately Phil Thornton had closed up extremely quickly and occupied that space. Phil was in his own battle but had backed off and was under control.

This incident is a good (or bad) example of the new V2 mod at work. Clive did move over into Phil but I am not applying a penalty as I put it down to the new V2 mod rather than bad driving on Clive's part.

We all need time to adapt to the new mod and should be aware of traffic around us when moving over to pick up a tow, especially with a limited number of chasing cars viewable.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h38m44s

Steve Bucket is following Dave Randall into Les Combes when he gets caught out by Dave's early braking and locks up his wheels.
As there appears to be no contact between the cars I would put the incident down to warp but Steve Bucket is out of control and skidding prior to Dave's Spin.

Server replay time: 0h38m48s

Steve B_1_rd is following the battle between Steve Bucket and Dave Randall. From Steve B_1_rd's cockpit it is clear that he sees Steve Bucket spin and slows accordingly while steering towards the inside to avoid him. Steve Bucket appears to be sliding towards the apex so Steve B_1_rd turns to go round the outside but Steve Bucket stops in the centre of the track giving Steve B_1_rd nowhere to go.

Server replay time: 0h53m49s

Steve Bucket is following Phil Thornton into Les Coombes and appears to run straight into the back of him.

I have watched this incident more than any other (for obvious reasons) and I concede that Phil brakes slightly earlier this lap but I consider it within the average for the division.

As we have only just adopted the V2 mod I think we may well see much more close quarter racing especially along straights and into braking zones, and in order to be more consistent with potential rulings throughout the season I am applying a Simple Rear End Shunt as oppose to a Blatant Rear End Shunt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy - Spa (1967) - Mar 3  (Read 15924 times)
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 02:31:36 AM +0000 »

Didn't do anything exciting in the race really but briefly ascended to 3rd in the last two laps. Geoff was fighting back and we were two abreast and both nicely on our own halves of the track when he warped right across me and I was in the hay bales. A bit annoying after such a long race but a quick trip through the replay showed it was just a no-fault lag crash, so there we go.

A bit annoyed myself that it ended that way Storm, I was enjoying that battle, to the hilt, and i was amazed that you didn't cover the corner on the last lap as I'd already passed you there once before. Still, I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth...and last lap, podium position on the line....well ya gotta have a go, don't ya?

Average qually, was happy with my time though and spent the last 10 or so minutes relaxing whilst the pit crew prepared the car... Grin Been finding the Lotus a lot more difficult to get off the line than the Honda last year, so most of the row behind went past off the start. Took it easy for the first lap, just keeping tabs with the gaggle in front of me, and waited patiently til the field strung out a bit to have some racing room. Once the field strung out a bit I set about picking off cars in front one by one....and passing a few sad wrecks by the roadside. At one stage, chasing my Clark-Hill team mate Bartosz, well he got my heart rate up thru la Carriere when he got a bit squirelly on the exit and I nearly had to take avoiding action.

Was enjoying chasing Sam down, til he looped the green Sherman tank in l'Eau Rouge, very thankful I was thru before the barrier turned him back onto the track, and collected Bartosz Sad I was hoping Bartosz was gonna keep Stormy off my back for a while, and give me a chance to skip away a bit... Wink Never mind, all worked out in the end. Commiserations to all the pilots of the smoking wrecks, and especially  my other Clark-Hill brethren, Jethro....an unlucky first corner tricycle.....Tim also out with a damaged motor on lap 1.
All in all, ecstatic with bottom step of the podium and really happy with my overall drive. Made some very tidy passes that stuck, and only 1 minor mistake that cost me a couple of tenths. I hope I can keep this up for the rest of the season.

Big thank you to JR for squaring away some bad habits from my driving and helping me get a comfortable gearbox setup that worked a treat. And hearty congratulations to Fulvio and JR, for occupying the upper two steps. Great job guys. Some very useful points in the Team Champs for Clark-Hill Racing to boot. A special mention for Doni Yourth, his first race with UKGPL and the sole Cooper punter in the field. Brought it home in 8th place amid stiff opposition from Steve B1rd, Dave, Phil and Dave Randall. Good job Doni, hope you enjoyed yourself. And the question remains.....who kidnapped Hristo??
Geoff.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:44:51 AM +0000 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 05:23:30 AM +0000 »

Didn't do anything exciting in the race really

Oh I don't know, pulling back the 3 odd seconds I'd labouriously eeked out....in 3 laps I might add, was pretty spectacular from where I was sitting. I managed to respond to your attack by setting my most consistent laps of the race in the block from lap 12-16. You still managed to haul me back in. Great drive Storm, it's crappy that someone is always on the losing end of lag. You are gonna be hard to beat this season.... Wink

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 09:04:27 AM +0000 »

I would have settled for finishing ahead of Tim before the race, so that'll do (... clutching at straws a little here)

cursing Why I aughta!

Grin
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 09:10:17 AM +0000 »

Sad
Race Length: 50% Grand Prix
The PRO damage model will be used.

My fault ,
I even  didn’t notice there was the idea  to change anything on amateur race for season 17 .

Well , as  I changed over to ukgpl last year just because to get free from  races without possibility off shif-R and of races with off about 1 hour race length…
I have to change again..

Did run 2 full seasons under pro/no shift-R  rules  and to me it turned out as a fun killer:
imo
< longer race distance don’t create more thrilling races
< no shift-R at all only highers up level of being frustrated ,when it comes to  lag/warp or slightly mistake on its own or by other driver…

as I really enjoyed you folks here it would be sad to leave .
If there is a place free at Novices trophy , would it be possible  to take part if I use slowest car there is ?

Regards
Nickyickx
 Smiley
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 10:41:31 AM +0000 »

I'm quite happy with my results. Before the race I was hoping to finish in top 10, so 5 place is excellent for me Smiley

I then saw a leading 4 battle for the lead up in the distance but alas, I couldn't catch them. Later on it appeared that Clive and Natan had a tangle with their cars so I found myself in 3rd, enjoying a battle with Bartosz.

I have enjoyed that to.

On lap 10, still running in 3rd but unable the catch the leading pair of John and Fulvio, my left front wheel clipped the grass through Eau Rouge and I lost the back end, slammed into the barrier, rear wheel missing, and rejoined onto the racing line with Geoff, Bartosz and Storm having to take evasive action. Geoff and Storm emerged unscathed but Bartosz wasn't so lucky and spun into the scenery. Sorry if I ruined your race.

Thats racing, things like that happends. For me it's just race accident.

I'm quite angry on myself, because after my trip into Belgium's fields, I lost my concentration and made a few mistakes witch cost me a lot of time.

At one stage, chasing my Clark-Hill team mate Bartosz, well he got my heart rate up thru la Carriere when he got a bit squirelly on the exit and I nearly had to take avoiding action.

That was scary moment;)

And the question remains.....who kidnapped Hristo??

I believe that He went to wist his family, in the galaxy far far away Wink

PS: I really like racing with PRO rules. That made racing more real Cool

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:34 PM +0000 »

Sad
Race Length: 50% Grand Prix
The PRO damage model will be used.

My fault ,
I even  didn’t notice there was the idea  to change anything on amateur race for season 17 .

Well , as  I changed over to ukgpl last year just because to get free from  races without possibility off shif-R and of races with off about 1 hour race length…
I have to change again..

Did run 2 full seasons under pro/no shift-R  rules  and to me it turned out as a fun killer:
imo
< longer race distance don’t create more thrilling races
< no shift-R at all only highers up level of being frustrated ,when it comes to  lag/warp or slightly mistake on its own or by other driver…

as I really enjoyed you folks here it would be sad to leave .
If there is a place free at Novices trophy , would it be possible  to take part if I use slowest car there is ?

Regards
Nickyickx
 Smiley

Please, Nicky, don't be ridicilous. First of all we had a month of discussion about next season and you never said anything, why do you do after the season has started?

I've seen endless times how non-pro races turn out to be - they're a massacre and a source of great frustration. Just as a prime example I'd mention the free 65s GBGPL race at Mospot a few weeks ago. When people know they can get away with being reckless because whatever they do they can always continue that leads to nothing good. One may ruin someone else's race and continue like it's nothing as it ALWAYS happens in intermediate races, especially in leagues lacking solid rules. This is not the case in UKGPL, because in the years of racing I've had pro damage was always for the better and incidents were taken to a minimum. When they happen the moderators take very good care to analyze the accidents and hand over penalties.

As for the length of races, it's exactly longer distance that makes for a more serious league and presents bigger challenge for everyone and their personal improvement. When the races are short it turns to a hotlappers fest. You never get a feel for accomplishment when short races end. You have no chance to make up for any mistakes you do. Slower drivers have much lower chance to win in short races because reliability is less of an issue.

I'll be honest with you and say you've been involved in accidents very often and most of the time it turns out to be your fault. At the same time I'll say you seemed to have seen through your mistakes and acknowledged them which has led me to think you'd learn with time. But after this race I'm not sure. Why don't you be honest and say you're quitting so you wouldn't take the blame for the T1 incident? Anything else just looks like crybaby stuff to me. Instead of getting better you prefer to quit but retain your approach to gpl online racing which obviously you see as the correct one. I hope you won't quit because you're fast and we have very good battles in almost each race, but when you talk such nonsense it puzzles me to what you really want.

-=Hristo=-

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 02:00:43 PM +0000 »

This promises to be a great series, just hope that I can stand the strain!  Slipstreaming has certainly added a new dimension to 65s.

Managed a 3:36 in qually which gave me third on the grid.  Wondered why nobody appeared in font of me and was then struck with the shear horror of the fact that we were starting three abreast.  Eeeek!

I bogged it down whilst trying to preserve the engine for a long race and so lost a place or two but I think that we made it through L’Eau Rouge.  I had a Honda in each pocket as we climbed the hill to Les Combes.  Someone hit the barrier there, probably Jethro as I didn’t encounter him in the leading group.

Natan was first to blink.  He did a spot of impromptu hedge trimming at Malmedy which put me third.

I had Nicky in front and John Roberts just in front of him with a fast recovering Natan just behind me.  On lap two I was making life difficult for Nicky and as we exited Masta he decided to run down the middle of the track.  I went down the right hand side although I had already established that his Ferrari was quicker than my BT11 after the slipstream effect had dissipated.  As it happens, he squeezed me over so far that one of my wiggles, that resulted from fighting my beast off the grass, sent Nicky into the hedge.

I closed on John  over the next lap and made a nuisance of myself at Blanchimond on lap three.  It actually opened up an opportunity to go for the inside at the second left but I held back, not sure if John knew where I was.  It’s difficult to keep track of everyone when your own car is taking all of your attention just to stay on the grey bit.

As it happens, John left room for a little’n so that was perhaps a chance lost.

Gave him some more grief at Les Combes on lap four and again at Malmedy before drafting past on the way to Masta.  John probably lifted to give me Masta but then we went through Stavelot side-by-side.  I held on to the lead as far as La Carriere, where it all turned to rat’s.  We had Natan for company by now as well.

I think that we had been side-by-side through the left-right before and at La Carriere I stayed on the inside.  John pulled a switch on me and crossed over to my inside.  I had gone in to the corner expecting to have to keep it tight and was surprised to make contact with John on my right.  John had put a wheel on the grass in his efforts to avoid me and the subsequent wobble meant that he gave me a tap that sent me off down the grass.  100% racing incident in my book, with no blame on either side apart from my not knowing where the hell he was.

I was recovering from this incident when I caught up with Dave Randall near La Carriere.  He had a grassy moment which induced a lurid slide on my part and resulted in another trip down the grass but I don’t think that we actually touched.

That put me bog last of those still running.  I caught and passed Phil at about lap nine.

In front of me I now had what looked like a swarm of bees, consisting of  Steve, Doni, Mr Bucket and Dave Randall.  I managed to pass Steve at Stavelot but the next lap saw the end of my efforts. 

As we approached Masta with Dave Randall in front of Mr Bucket and me behind them, Dave’s Lotus disappeared for a good 100metres just at the point where you turn in.  I think that this spooked Mr Bucket as he slowed and stayed left.  I also slowed, not knowing what was going to happen next.  We made it through Masta with Mr Bucket just to the left of me and ahead by about a metre.

As I moved to slot in behind him Phil arrived like a bright red exocet  to my left.  This relieved me of one wheel and fired me into a building on the other side of the track, where two more parted company.  (Didn’t see you coming Phil.  You were about two red pixels when I started Masta.)  Thankfully Phil was able to continue.

I think that the format is great, with long enough races to make engine reliability an issue.  Is the mod team working on a Radar Patch so that I can keep track of where everyone is?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:24:48 PM +0000 by Clive Loynes » Logged

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 02:25:35 PM +0000 »

This promises to be a great series, just hope that I can stand the strain!  Slipstreaming has certainly added a new dimension to 65s.

SNIP
I closed on John  over the next lap and made a nuisance of myself at Blanchimond on lap three.  It actually opened up an opportunity to go for the inside at the second left but I held back, not sure if John knew where I was.  It’s difficult to keep track of everyone when your own car is taking all of your attention just to stay on the grey bit.

As it happens, John left room for a little’n so that was perhaps a chance lost.

Gave him some more grief at Les Combes on lap four and again at Malmedy before drafting past on the way to Masta.  John probably lifted to give me Masta but then we went through Stavelot side-by-side.  I held on to the lead as far as La Carriere, where it all turned to rat’s.  We had Natan for company by now as well.

I think that we had been side-by-side through the left-right before and at La Carriere I stayed on the inside.  John pulled a switch on me and crossed over to my inside.  I had gone in to the corner expecting to have to keep it tight and was surprised to make contact with John on my right.  John had put a wheel on the grass in his efforts to avoid me and the subsequent wobble meant that he gave me a tap that sent me off down the grass.  100% racing incident in my book, with no blame on either side apart from my not knowing where the hell he was.
SNIP

Well the racing was great fun , swapping places all the time .

I was hoping that you wouldn't see the old switch-a-roo trick coming and you didn't ... perhaps a bit too well!

I agree that the incident was just one of those racing things and it's pity that you lost places because of it .

john

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 02:58:37 PM +0000 »

Grats to our podium finishers!  Well done, chaps.  Blistering speed and consistency.  And hey!  I can say that I know Geoff Heard, too!  Call me a groupie...I don't care!   Grin

I got pretty good pace out of my Cooper T77 in qualifying and didn't expect too very much more from it.  I didn't secure the benefit of a tow in my two timed laps.  I was relieved to start dead last.  As my first outing with the UKGPL and on PRO damage, I didn't in the least want to get into Eau Rouge with wheels within wheels.  And as Clive noted above, I was a bit shocked to see us all grid-up in a parallel layout.  OMG!  A recipe for disaster, that!

As for my race, it went pretty well.  In an email to my good mate, Glyn Lloyd, a fellow ADC runner who's just started his UKGPL career over in the Novice Div, I rated my performance as only 7 out of 10.  Deduct 2 points for blowing a pass maneuver on Dave Randall going into Blanchimont; I had a great tow from him but simply went in too deep.  Deduct 1 point for throwing rocks up into Phil's face.  (Nothing like getting the Boss PO'd!)  Deduct a final 1 point for general errors like getting too close in the slipstream(I may have the revised, smaller collision box to thank for not getting into a whale of a shunt!), and not taking in the Big Picture(ie, even if I'd passed Dave, he would surely have nailed me back early in the final lap).

I threw up a few chat messages indicating following drivers to pass.  Was that OK?  Didn't want to cause any agro for those lining me up but if it's a distraction, I'll cease.

Enjoyed myself and am looking forward to further events with the UKGPL.

On the question of PRO damage and longer races, I'm all for both.  I've essentially left the ADC GPL events as they allow unlimited shift-R's.  In checking my race results for them in just 2009, I see that I competed in 31 races with fully 13 of them resulting in my retirement.  It's my policy to not reset if eliminated in the race; some have expressed their displeasure of this.  Two dnf's were engine failures.  The balance of 11 retirements...fully 35%...were due to shunts NOT ONE of them down to me.  I'm here with the UKGPL in hopes that the fact that PRO damage is the spec will see a dramatic reduction in that percentage with members driving to a higher standard knowing full well what will happen if they don't.  The longer races also add an element of stamina as opposed to a sprint.  While my first event with 16 laps of Spa was easily the longest GPL event that I've run in a long time, it's by no means crippling since I also run enduro events of substantially greater duration in both GTR2 and GTL.  50 minutes is a piece of cake!   Smiley

CU next round!

Doni
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 03:13:08 PM +0000 »

Hands up to the grid layout  Embarrassed
In my defence I had, so I thought, set it to the 'Paul Jackson' loose layout. Will do a bit more double-checking next time...
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 03:18:20 PM +0000 »

I threw up a few chat messages indicating following drivers to pass.  Was that OK?  Didn't want to cause any agro for those lining me up but if it's a distraction, I'll cease.

LOL  Wondered what the hell that was all about.  I guessed what they meant but didn't have a clue who they might be aimed at.

Chat of any description is frowned on in both practice and the race, with the exception of "PIT IN/OUT" messages.

Chat at the end of qually is a particular problem for any poor soul who might be on a do or die last gasp effort.  No chat should take place until the guy with the flag has given in.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 03:20:57 PM +0000 »

Hands up to the grid layout  Embarrassed
In my defence I had, so I thought, set it to the 'Paul Jackson' loose layout. Will do a bit more double-checking next time...

You probably did, for a 67 race.  Grin

I think that the tracks that are part of the original 65 season have their own 65track.ini and that needs changing as well.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 03:37:07 PM +0000 »

LOL  Wondered what the hell that was all about.  I guessed what they meant but didn't have a clue who they might be aimed at.

Chat of any description is frowned on in both practice and the race, with the exception of "PIT IN/OUT" messages.

Chat at the end of qually is a particular problem for any poor soul who might be on a do or die last gasp effort.  No chat should take place until the guy with the flag has given in.
That's usually me at most circuits - here I went for a last attempt to see if I could extract any more speed from the car and promptly threw it off the road at Blanchimont. Go figure! Grin

Hristo, why did ya not bother for this race then? I was looking forward to having a battle with you, then going off into the distance. Tongue

Nicky, why now do you only acknowledge that Amateurs this year is Pro? It's been said for the past month, as Hristo said, that Amateurs would be 50% GP distance, Pro level, I assume to bring it more on a level with Division 1. Division 1 has usually had very little to go in the way of incidents and moderation, because the penalty for mistakes is much higher than Amateurs. If you want Shift-R, Novices in the Cooper or BT7 or another car suited to your abilities would be about right for you I reckon. Or join another league - if you're not bad in the 67 cars I could possibly hook you up at Vader Trophy for a test race or 2 - PM me if you're interested. I really wasn't happy with you taking me out 30 seconds into the race at the time, especially after the time I'd set in practice/qualifying, but I'm now over it, and will watch the replay to see what chaos ensued where. Wink

Clive Loynes:- yeah, that was me at Les Combes strewn all over the circuit, after Nicky attempted something that shouldn't have happened. Sounds like a good race though, will watch the replay when it's up. Wink
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:56:16 PM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 03:46:56 PM +0000 »

I think that the tracks that are part of the original 65 season have their own 65track.ini and that needs changing as well.

Yeah, the new patch creats a new ini for all the original tracks - I'm guessing it also does Clermont and east london as you're required to have them installed before adding the update  thumbup1
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 05:36:53 PM +0000 »

Yeah, the new patch creats a new ini for all the original tracks - I'm guessing it also does Clermont and east london as you're required to have them installed before adding the update  thumbup1

It caught me out too on 5UKGPL.

It will be fixed for next race.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com