by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 02:10:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L7 Oulton Park: February 23, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Power and Glory V2 Mod Test - Oulton Park (International) - Feb 23  (Read 12408 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 03:45:55 PM +0000 »

The version used on Monday is far wider than the real circuit IMO. The one that MJ used before is much closer to the real thing, but may not be as good for racing because the track is pretty narrow in places.

thats what i thought Paul, last nights was much wider and quite a bit flatter, with regards to elevation change, in some areas, but i havent driven Oulton for real so wasnt sure.
In fact if you watch this vid again, you can see that last nights version is way too wide !  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCD9ykov1o

The other plus point about the version i was using is it hasnt got those 'bomb hole' type dips at the chicane.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:48:58 PM +0000 by Mark Jonzo » Logged

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 05:29:26 PM +0000 »

I grew to enjoy the bombhole sections Smiley

Could do a fun, one make, race around Hock (to coincide with UKGTL) next week if anyones interested? As I mentioned previously, there isn't that much more to test so shoehorning P & G into the Monday graveyard shift isn't really necessary any longer. We can either take a P & G sabbatical, until a Thursday slot is free or continue on Mondays when, understandably, few can make it. I want to avoid people being disheartened by smallish fields if anyone feels like that.

Gotta say P & G has really grown on me during these tests and I can see that it certainly deserves a "prime time" Thursday slot. At the mo, I am considering using it for enduro races (a separate championships perhaps)  whilst extending GTL S7. Maybe with the odd Monday fun run thrown in? Will be in a better position to decide after present planned GTL races have finished of course so I would plead for some patience Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 05:39:17 PM +0000 »

yeah i thought the track we used was good, but it was ridiculously wide !

Re: numbers, wasnt there about 14 of us last night? Not bad really, considering a few more posted yesterday saying they wanted to race but had other things on. I guess at least picking single make races allows a whole group of us to become familiar with a certain car and get setups sorted for it for any future races, and leads to close racing.  Smiley

I'd like to see it alternate with GTL on thursdays,that would raise the turnout. As much as i love the idea of classics enduros i can hardly ever commit to them on a week night  Sad

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2009, 06:08:19 PM +0000 »

That said, I really enjoyed the race as the tyre wear model in P & G is surprisingly good. In GTL and GTR it feels like the tyres just suddenly give out to me whilst this does it in a gradual and understandable way, too me anyways. Found myself driving completely differently at end, desperately seeking power on oversteer, than beginning. Really nice.
Exactly! That is what I like most from this mod (apart from the beautiful graphics). Even slow boats like me can control a power drift, really like that. Causes me to spin a lot more because I drive more on the limit but that's another story...

Which leads me to discuss next step with P & G. It looks no more or less stable than GTR2 and therefore good to go as it were. Therefore the Monday "tests" are not really necessary any more. We could continue to run fun runs but I suggest we leave it for a week and give people the opportunity to put in some pracci and look forward to a race instead of us all rushing, which seems the case at the mo. Any thoughts?
Fully agree. Can't give the race the preperation I like. Didn't know that there were different Elans until you mentioned. Only thing we can test is pitstops I guess (if you want to use P&G in endurance runs).

Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 05:44:36 PM +0000 »

Could do a fun, one make, race around Hock (to coincide with UKGTL) next week if anyones interested?

Sounds good, I definitely need the practice.

Keeping to the standard tracks would be a good idea, saves me from having to worry about learning a new track.

Tim
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:34 PM +0000 »

To give as many of us as is possible the time to take part, we will not have a P & G race next Monday so the next race will be a week next Monday, on the 9th of March. This should give more people the necessary pracci time to get the most outta P & G and hopefully grow to enjoy it. It will be at Hock and use the same car used at previous UKGTL event (just the 275 though as I believe the 250s physics are "wonky") to that end also. The 250 might be available if patch arrives in time Smiley

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 06:20:25 PM +0000 »

damn, two weeks to practice at hockenheim Tongue

long wait Sad

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 06:26:09 PM +0000 »

damn, two weeks to practice at hockenheim Tongue

long wait Sad

Lol Realise your one of the converted but hopefully the extra pracci time will convert some more. Also allow us to challenge you for pole next time, or maybe not Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com