by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 09:07:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L7 Hockenheim: March 09, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Power and Glory V2 Mod test - Hockenheim (GP) - Mar 9  (Read 13163 times)
Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02:51 PM +0000 »

A fun race for me, after a bad start, someone in front of me missed the green light and both Dizi and myself hit each other, smashing my headlights Sad

Dizi got his own back by rear ending me at the hairpin, although I did brake very early so sorry about that....

After that had a few fun battles with Bill and Alex although with no lights I struggled to see some turn-in points and ran wide a few times. Towards the end of the race I was throwing the car into the hairpins too hard and clobbered a wall, which bent my steering.

I caught up with Bill on the final lap, but entering the stadium complex, didn't realise I had dropped into 1st and Bill motored to the line.

After a couple of PnG races I'm getting hooked. The cars look and sound gorgeous, just need to spend more time behind the wheel. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to drive the GT40 for more than 1 lap though...

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2009, 01:48:37 PM +0000 »

wield the stick of Damoclyes

The what?  Roll Eyes laugh

This is the fella.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damocles

i used 'stick' instead of 'sword' so as not to offend some of the poor fragile lambs on here  Roll Eyes

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2009, 01:58:14 PM +0000 »

ok ligel, you were right I didnt have a my headlights on Tongue they werent broke I just preferred having them off...

But I'll have them on next time ok  angel

ha, had some fun watching my replay, overtaking 3 cars at once  angel

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2009, 02:04:35 PM +0000 »

This is the fella.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damocles

i used 'stick' instead of 'sword' so as not to offend some of the poor fragile lambs on here  Roll Eyes

Yes, I know the sword of Damocles. I just hadn't heard of his wimpy brother Damoclyes. I bet having that stick hanging above his head must have focussed the mind Tongue
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:20 PM +0000 »

ok ligel, you were right I didnt have a my headlights on Tongue they werent broke I just preferred having them off...
But I'll have them on next time ok  angel

Good man and so should us all. According to our rules "when racing at night, or during the dawn and dusk periods, or in the rain, drivers shall turn on their headlights." Don't think anyone who loses them on the car/barrier/tree/stand in front can be penalised though Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:26 AM +0000 »

Just read this over on another P&G race forum, might help Mr Ross out for joining next time.

I had a bit of trouble joinning the server at first, and was getting CTD. Turned out that I needed to turn my graphics settings all down to low to join, despite having raced in some pretty big fields previously in P&G with higher graphics settings successfully. Go figure.

Ive no idea why that should be the case, but if it helps getting you into the events then worth a try. Perhaps you could then gradually up each graphic option until the problem re-occurs, rather than miss out on all the eye candy.

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 05:35:55 PM +0000 »

so what's next on the agenda? Smiley

how about a poll to see what people like?

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 05:52:17 PM +0000 »

so what's next on the agenda? Smiley

Tentative discussions beginning here Jos https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5975.msg103433#new

The next P & G race, whatever it may be, will take place on Thursday the 26th.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com