The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 01:31:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change in moderation policy  (Read 2275 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2005, 08:46:49 PM +0100 »

Until now we've had a policy of reviewing all reported incdents, and issuing penalties according to what happened, with no regard to who submitted reports about the incident in question.

This has led to the unfortunate situation where the more honest drivers are being penalised for incidents which the "victim" did not consider serious enough to warrant reporting, or which the drivers resolved between themselves in private. This does little to improve driver standards but serves only to alienate and discourage the most honest drivers.

Therefore, starting with the Brno Endurance D1 event, we will not issue position penalties, nor will we endorse a driver's license with penalty points, as the result of an incident which is reported only by the driver who is found to be at fault. We will still review such incidents and publish the results as a service to those drivers who submit reports in an effort to improve their own driving standards, and will give some indication of what the likely penalty would have been if the victim has reported it.

We reserve the right to review and issue penalties against incidents which go totally unreported, and incidents which are only reported by one driver but for which other the invloved driver(s) share the blame.

The appeal procedure remains the same; a driver who is found to be at fault may submit an appeal against a ruling if and only if they submitted a report about it.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:10:12 PM +0100 »

I've made a few code changes to support this new policy so if you see anything "odd" in the standings, driver profiles or event pages let me know.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:44:39 PM +0100 »

Being one of the "honest" this is great!

I notice that you wrote "This has led to the unfortunate situation where the more honest drivers are being penalised for incidents which the "victim" did not consider serious enough to warrant reporting, or which the drivers resolved between themselves in private. "

I take it the official line is that the people concerned should submit incident reports still, maybe saying "blah blah, XYZ's fault, but it was only a brushing and it's been talked about in private neither of us feel a penalty should be applied" or something to that effect?

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 11:02:56 PM +0100 »

Sounds spot on Dave.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 07:31:14 AM +0100 »

I take it the official line is that the people concerned should submit incident reports still, maybe saying "blah blah, XYZ's fault, but it was only a brushing and it's been talked about in private neither of us feel a penalty should be applied" or something to that effect?

Where just two drivers are concerned there's no need for them, although something like the above would be fine too. If they do submit any sort of report it needs to be clear that they aren't asking for the incident to be reviewed - if there's doubt, I will assume that the incident is "disputed" (yeah, like that word Wink Cheesy ) and I will review and issue penalties if appropriate.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 07:44:27 AM +0100 »

Sounds like a good system Dave.

Legends Racing simracing team
harv_gtr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 11:53:20 AM +0100 »

i'm trying to work out if i'm a genuine liberal or just a lazy-arse... i've never submitted an incident report. this is mostly cos i'm too slow to catch up to anyone so i can hit them, but partly cos if i get hit but don't otherwise lose out i'm not that bothered - i felt a bit bad that fozz (presumably) dobbed himself in after doni and got a penalty for nudging me round a tiny bit.

having said that, it's thanks to dave's (and others') time spent that we have the atmosphere of good driving behaviour that we do - which wouldn't happen without a report / review system. guess it's lucky we're not all lazy-arses  Wink
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 04:16:15 PM +0100 »

I'm a bit on the lazy-arse side as well and sometimes fill in reports, sometimes don't! Cheesy It's a good system though and one I usually agree with as well. Wink
I really try to not punt others off and luckily for me it has only happened in 1 or 2 fun races Cheesy. Was playing publics a lot before I joined this league and getting shoved off is so annoying that I could seriously have killed some of these 'nice' public drivers at that point in time, lol! Cheesy

T
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 10:22:20 PM +0100 »

hmmm, I've only done one myself and with recent developments appears to have been academic anyway
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 03:55:57 AM +0100 »

think i have only been in one thing and it was 'driving incident'

i always figured the thing to do was..

send a report of... 'an incident happened here, happy moderating'

i wouldnt think to say 'xyzs fault bla bla bla...'

because personnaly i think it is the moderators job to decide that, i dont want to be seen as influencing him, if you see what i mean :-s

GtrRank name = Iain
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 10:34:06 AM +0100 »

I'm pretty sure Dave wants your opinion of the incident.

Of course depending on the incident it will be more or less important. Forinstance your line may be different into a particular corner and the other person assumed you'd be on thier line, if you state that that is _your_ line and that you took it for the 20 laps before, that would probably make a big difference, as it means you didn't deliberately swerve into him.

I would say that a lot of incidents are not caused by someone being stupid, but someone miss-reading what the other person will do, therefore what you thought, and why you thought it may be quite important.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 10:42:52 AM +0100 »

i wouldnt think to say 'xyzs fault bla bla bla...'

because personnaly i think it is the moderators job to decide that, i dont want to be seen as influencing him, if you see what i mean :-s

I'm incorruptable anyway. Unless you pay. Tongue

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 11:19:48 AM +0100 »

I'll send a cheque with my next appeal then :-)

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 01:41:23 PM +0100 »

how is paypal?

hmm dunno, i dont crash into people (just off the track myself Grin ) so i duno, see when i get there Undecided

GtrRank name = Iain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com