by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 10:02:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 months for $25  (Read 4710 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 08:00:42 PM +0000 »

After the league discussions a little while ago, did you get involved in anything further Dave?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 11:12:23 PM +0000 »

After the league discussions a little while ago, did you get involved in anything further Dave?

No; JH passed my name on to Shannon Whitmore but I've not heard a peep since.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Napo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 01:12:56 AM +0000 »

Do you think they'll even change their pricing?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 07:25:47 AM +0000 »

Eventually they'll have to.

MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 09:56:54 PM +0000 »

Eventually they'll have to.

Why? I don't think they'll have to, and I don't think they will. I use more money on satelite TV, but I sit more infront of my computer than the TV.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:03:27 PM +0000 »

Why? I don't think they'll have to, and I don't think they will. I use more money on satelite TV, but I sit more infront of my computer than the TV.

The subscription won't change but the price of content has too, otherwise there'll come a point where the sheer cost of buying the content required to progress all the way through will be prohibitive to 'normal' simracers. Consider the fact that even now you can't view a replay from a track or with a car you don't own.

MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 06:38:24 PM +0000 »

I'm still not too sure. You know you will at some time settle down and enjoy just a few different classes/cars. And I don't think the tracks will vary that much as the track-list have grown. A couple of new tracks a season is not too bad I think - in their point of view.

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 09:39:34 PM +0000 »

Just renewed tonight as the offer is only open another couple of days. Still haven't got my gaming system back up and running though!!!

Hopefully this weekend.
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 02:29:33 PM +0000 »

Just renewed tonight as the offer is only open another couple of days. Still haven't got my gaming system back up and running though!!!

Hopefully this weekend.

Let us know how you get on Ken.  It'll be nice to see you back on track.  thumbup1
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 10:54:30 AM +0100 »

Well I'm back on track but a little ring rusty. My new system came up Class 1 on the auto graphics test thing. It looks fantastic with all the shadows on etc, like a whole new world to me. Just done a few practice sessions so far getting back in to it. Getting a solid 60fps with vsynch on except one little glich at Summit Point, just as you crest the brow approaching the last corner. I'll have to play with the gfx settings a little sometime, basically everything is on atm.

Away all weekend at Croft and busy getting new carpets and flooring layed next week. Maybe Easter weekend I'll have some time to play a bit more!!
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:50 AM +0100 »

Ken,

I have all graphics settings on except for 2 pass shadows. If you have that enabled as well as 'more shadows' its a real hog for hardly any graphic improvement. I am able to use 'more shadows' but with 2 pass as well I get <60 at race starts.
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 02:43:06 PM +0100 »

Ken,

I have all graphics settings on except for 2 pass shadows. If you have that enabled as well as 'more shadows' its a real hog for hardly any graphic improvement. I am able to use 'more shadows' but with 2 pass as well I get <60 at race starts.

Thanks Paul, I'll try that.
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 11:08:17 PM +0100 »

Well the pre Easter house work ran in to Easter and the week after!! Lots of IKEA flat packs, problems mounting new TV etc etc. All now sorted and this weekend I've eventually rebuilt my gaming system in the loft with a Cat5 cable up in there too. It's quite a snazy setup with the Playseat racing frame I got off eBay recently. I'll post some pictures in that other thread when I get a chance.

Anyway back to iRacing. Just done a couple of sessions of Infineon IRL in the Skippy, absolutely fantastic, I'd forgotten how good this sim is. Very immersive now I have the gfx turned up, and the seat helps too.

I tried Pauls suggestion of turning off 2 pass shadows but when I ran a quick test at Summit Point I was still getting that tiny fps drop just as you approach the final turn. What would be the next setting to turn down/off?

I had no fps trouble at Infinion, even in traffic, but what I did experience was the occasionall short freeze. Most times it was very brief and didn't cause loss of control but occasionally it would happen just at a critical point in a turn and I would either spin or at least loose momentum. At first I thought it coincided with drivers joining the server, but I wasn't sure. Anybody else seen that?
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 12:24:55 AM +0100 »

Nothing this severe, but I'm often getting small stutters in the last corner/turn before the final straight. I'm guesssing it's something to do with the grand stand, and stuff. So maybe try turning down the anti-alias, as this may have a great deal of fences and seats to render.

But I did get good results in removing the "more shadows" resently.

Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:30 AM +0100 »

yep agree with morten and consider dropping the aa a bit. But first however whats the graphics texture memory slider set to? Whatever you do dont max it to the graphics card memory as it will not leave any room for anything else. I have a 512 meg card and its set around 420 i think. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: