by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 04:49:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 months for $25  (Read 4708 times)
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 12:50:56 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the advice lads. I turned down AA and AF one notch each and unticked more shadows and the minor glitch at Summit has gone. My max memory was set at 411 so that should be OK. I will have to run a multicar session to see if my freezes have gone.
popabawa
Legendary Leader

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 12:52:13 PM +0100 »

"more shadows" makes an ENORMOUS difference on my system, turning down AA & AF doesn't affect things very much at all.

Glad it seems to have fixed it anyway Ken Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:11 PM +0100 »

Just an update on the short freeze problem I was having. Initially they persisted, even after turning things down as suggested. They were annoying but not causing much trouble at big tracks like Road Am or Sebring. However when Lime Rock started it was a nightmare, the slightest freeze was causing me to run off track because of it being so narrow and busy. I turned things down even more and reducing the number of sounds seemed to help slightly but the freezes were still fairly frequent. Then I found someone mention a setting to only allow car textures to load when off track. Hey presto, all seems OK now. Now my graphics are turned back up and I can circulate with confidence again.

Does anybody know what limitation in my system that behaviour would point to? Has anyone else found it necessary to select that texture loading setting?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:58:43 PM +0100 by Ken Murray » Logged
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 08:25:07 PM +0100 »

Ken do you find your freezes are limited to a particular type of session.

I ask because I get the occasional 1 second freeze at all tracks whenever I am in an open practice server.  It doesn't happen in offline practice, qually or race scenarios.

I believe it has also been noticed by other members and the only assumption I can draw is that it has something to do with the amount of folks coming and going from the server and their textures being loaded as you circulate Huh

I'll give your setting a go and see if it helps.
Ken Murray

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:57:28 AM +0100 »

Ken do you find your freezes are limited to a particular type of session.

I ask because I get the occasional 1 second freeze at all tracks whenever I am in an open practice server.  It doesn't happen in offline practice, qually or race scenarios.

I believe it has also been noticed by other members and the only assumption I can draw is that it has something to do with the amount of folks coming and going from the server and their textures being loaded as you circulate Huh

I'll give your setting a go and see if it helps.

Yes, I think you're right Brendan. I'd been thinking it was strange this wasn't a problem on my old system before my PC rebuild, but back then there was no open sessions!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: