Quarterly cost: �0

April 18, 2024, 04:52:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Da Albi: March 17, 2009
March 17, 2009, 09:37:19 PM +0000 - Albi (1959-80) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +0.324
---
1 (+2) 50:43.792
---
40 1:15.286
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 1 1:14.827
---
2 +5.055
---
40 1:15.223
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 6 +0.343
---
3 +5.682
---
40 1:15.376
---
Goodyear  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.216
---
4 +14.873
---
40 1:15.257
---
Goodyear  
Dave Randall

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 +0.451
---
5 +19.730
---
40 1:15.603
---
Dunlop  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 9 +0.631
---
6 +24.702
---
40 1:15.262
---
Dunlop  
Doni Yourth

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +1.492
---
7 +1:09.381
---
40 1:16.464
---
Dunlop  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 18 +3.113
---
8 (+1) +1L
---
39 1:16.884
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 17 +3.100
---
9 +5.913
---
39 1:16.502
---
Dunlop  
Will Tway
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +0.825
---
10 +14L
---
26 1:15.977
---
Dunlop  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.120
---
11 +21L
---
19 1:15.987
---
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +0.771
---
12 +53.181
---
19 1:16.485
---
Dunlop  
b_1_rd
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 +2.937
---
13 +32L
---
8 1:17.051
---
Dunlop  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.233
---
14 +34L
---
6 1:16.309
---
Goodyear  
Storm_Cloud

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 +16.378
---
6 1:18.412
---
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +1.222
---
16 +16.737
---
6 1:17.524
---
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 16 +3.050
---
17 +38L
---
2 1:19.756
---
Dunlop  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 14 +1.654
---
18 +39L
---
1 1:23.044
---
Dunlop  
ginsters sponsored
 Kerb Crawlers
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 7 +0.345
---
19 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
6 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 20 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0h04m37s

Geoff and Steve Bucket collide into Parc ending Steve's race.
The overtaking car had NOT achieved a 50% or greater overlap at the point of turn-in. There was no loss of control by either driver. Penalty for overtaking driver.

Server replay time: 0h05m12s

Hristo follows John and Jethro into DD and hits both of them.

Server replay time: 0h43m14s

Tim hits Clive L who has slowed in fighting with Hristo.
The server shows no contact with Clive travelling faster than Tim at the time. Genuine Warp Incident.

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy - Albi - Mar 17  (Read 14884 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:52:41 PM +0000 »

Glad for 1-2-3 for Wazas, but I wasn't that happy with the race. Qualifying was amazingly close, but with the lack of power in the little BT7 I had no realistic chance of winning so my initial plan was to settle back and wait to take advantage of any chances that might appear.

The car ahead of me had a bad start so I passed around it and then it seemed the people behind had problems as I found myself relatively undisturbed in 4th with Tim, John and Jethro up ahead. They opened a good gap early on but by battling each other they allowed me to catch up and I was soon into Jethro's slipstream who at the same time was in John's slipstream, and all of that on the approach to the hairpin. I lifted up early (or so I thought) to build up some cushion for emergency action, but while Jethro braked late enough John started braking much earlier and I had no choice but to move to the inside and follow Jethro in the braking zone. It got a bit too close but somehow I braked on time but then John attempted to take the corner normally after probably not seeing me go for it there. It all made sense later when I realized the server was showing just 1 car behind, so that was very unfortunate.

I kept my momentum and attacked Jethro soon after, thus moving up to 2nd. He spun off on the next lap so now I had Tim at about 2 seconds ahead and Clive 1 second behind. For quite some time this remained unchanged, but eventually I managed to close on Tim and we began a long battle which also allowed Clive to mix it in.

At some point Tim went off at the hairpin, but as I was fending off Clive he managed to catch back, but a few laps from the end both of them dropped back after a contact or something, so I just completed the remaining laps on my own.

I hope that in the next race we'll have all the top runners battle it out to the end.

-=Hristo=-

Dave Randall

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:54 PM +0000 »

Thought i'd qualify better than 8th today which I mistakenly thought something in the mid 1:15's would be good enough for.  Wrong!!!  The competition for this series is clearly tougher and closer than that.  I felt I had good pace in the race, but it wasn't enough to get right up to the sharp end.  Had some good battles though, especially with Jethro who had fallen back after a spin.  A good long close battle followed, although I was hoping we could pull ourselves up to the top four of Hristo, Clive, Tim and (Evil) Clive but I think we held each other up a bit by scrapping.  Unfortunately I was to eventually lose it in front of him (sorry Jethro!) which was a disappointing end to some great racing, although managed to hold on to 5th despite a persistently strong charge from Mr Blood.

Anyway congrats to Hristo, Tim and Clive, looks like Clive was a bit unlucky by coming off the worst in a great three way battle at the front.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 12:09:25 AM +0000 »

Grats to Hristo, Tim and Clive for scoring the podium hardware.  Good run fellas.

Apologies to Fulvio, Will and Steve for in-race incidents.

I got a ripper of a start and vaulted up from P13 to P9 by T1.  I was hanging on nicely when I went a little too wide and spun the T77 in the far hairpin.  Coming to a stop mid-track, I saw John Roberts coming and let him thru.  The way behind looked clear so I revved up and popped the clutch to get the car heading back down track again only to see Fulvio appear out of nowhere...evidently a lag issue...at the last instant.  WAMO!  Poor FP smashed up and off the road.  My very great apologies.  A few laps later, I gave Will a fright by touching the verge on the outside of T1 and going for a full 360° loop directly in front of him.  He made it thru but sadly, not Steve who in checking up to miss me as I accelerated away, flew off the road to be bisected by a guardrail.  So very sorry for that, SB.  Sad  All this and it wasn't even close to half distance.

For the balance of the show, I just paced myself letting Will slip away til his Ferrari engine failed.  Bad luck that, Will.  Just brought it home keeping an eye out for the leader coming up to lap me.  Made it with a bit to spare.

Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 03:24:02 AM +0000 »

Incident packed Albi!
Quallied with full fuel and set a time within 3 laps that I was comfortable with. Started second last and had a quiet first couple of laps to let the carnage (if any) ahead subside a bit before settling in to a mid/low 17's groove in a fat car. I had some speed on Dave's BRM, but hung back to have a look at him for a while. Storm wasn't a threat at that stage behind me as he was learning where the track went!! Lap 3 and Phil had a bobble at DD, rejoining just in front of Dave and I. I got a good run out of DD and contemplated an inside pass on Dave thru Parc. But as Phil had been slow out of DD, I wrote that idea off and braked early up the inside into Parc, comfortably holding the inside track. Dave and Phil held the brakes a long time into Parc and seems they were very slow turning in. Anyway the upshot was, Dave wiped my nose into Parc, I guess not expecting me to be there....but he sadly paid the ultimate price and got tipped on his noggin. I was still gently on the brakes when hit, so I suppose that helped me get off lightly with a short trip to the outfield. Sorry Dave if I surprised you. I was looking forward to the 3 way stoush with you and Phil.
Rejoined and continued chasing Phil down, but on lap 7 got it all a bit wrong thru the 1,2 and 3 combination and ended up against the fence on the exit of T2. Storm came thru immediately following, and the replay shows a minimum 8 feet between our cars at that point.....but still Storm got a lag hit that spun him into the infield fence, where it held him fast and forced his retirement. I'm also wondering wether a second lag hit from Fulvio going by didn't make it worse? Sorry Storm, no luck at all for you lately.
Got lapped by the leaders sometime later, and the 1 car back setting on the server made that a dodgy situation as there were actually 3 cars line astern.
Lapping cars actually helped drag me up from about 10 seconds behind, right onto Phil's gearbox. I spent a couple of laps applying pressure and trying to force an error, but Phil was equal to the task and covered his lines well. In the end he forced me to try an outside pass thru Parc, that happily came off without a hitch...then tried to put some space between the Fezza and myself. Phil lifted his workrate and hung on grimly....I couldn't shake him from my slipstream, even setting my fastest lap for the race didn't discourage his demon braking into DD. Finally on lap 38 Phil had a wee lose in T2, giving me a little space, to breathe, and ultimately bring it home in 8th place...Smiley
Grats to the Wazza's for their clean sweep...(grumble....groan....LOL) You guys were best on the day.
All in all not too bad considering the crowd on such a tight strip of bitumen....very few collisions considering.
Geoff.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:35:25 AM +0000 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:03 AM +0000 »

Apologies to Fulvio, Will and Steve for in-race incidents.

I got a ripper of a start and vaulted up from P13 to P9 by T1.  I was hanging on nicely when I went a little too wide and spun the T77 in the far hairpin.  Coming to a stop mid-track, I saw John Roberts coming and let him thru.  The way behind looked clear so I revved up and popped the clutch to get the car heading back down track again only to see Fulvio appear out of nowhere...evidently a lag issue...at the last instant.  WAMO!  Poor FP smashed up and off the road.  My very great apologies.

Doni I wouldn't have expected such a move by you, why didn't you put rear to get out of track?
It seems that the server was set with only one car visible behind, that's why you saw me at last instant. Could the admins check the Bandwith server settings please?
My engine died two laps later even if I didn't overrevved it  Sad

Next one

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 11:57:57 AM +0000 »

Yes that was a lot of fun. I too can't believe how the competition has stiffened up. Brilliant. I too had 'no cars behind' at the start and got mugged by a bunch of ghosts.  Wink  I also noted a request to take it easy in T1, which I will never do again. I only lose 2-4 positions every time I do.  Shocked Lap 2 I saw Phil dive off trying to avoid me at the end to the straight. I think I may have hit the brakes a wee bit too soon. Sorry mate. Eventually settled into a decent rhythm and worked the red-thing up to 7th and was looking good but my number was up and with maybe 15 to go, she expired. I was about 8-9 seconds behind Sam and was pushing too hard and hoping for a miracle.  angel

Grats to H for a remarkable drive in the BT7. Hats off to Evil and Tim.

No worries at all Doni, that's Albi. Love it or hate it....I love it.

Cheers,

W

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:07:45 PM +0000 by Will Tway » Logged

bound to cover just a little more ground
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:15 PM +0000 »

I was cross with myself for losing the car under braking to avoid a spinner (turns out to be Donnie, np, all racing, if we don't have incidents then we're not racing hard enough).

I took things very easy in qualifying and was towards the back of the grid, which was the plan, with an expected first lap pile up that I have a knack of getting through, normally.  I have come to the conclusion that way doesn't work so I have now decided enough of the slow steady approach and to take a more risky but hopefully more exciting flat out style.

I don't expect to be knocking the door of the rocket ship formation that is the lead group straight away, but I think I stand more of a chance improving my own driving than sitting well within my own comfort zone being polite!

Anyway, well done to the podium.

I echo the request for a review of the 1 visible car behind setting, which I think Tim is onto already.  Thanks for the server, it behaved well Smiley

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 01:20:39 PM +0000 »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can only say that you were warned Roll Eyes and you had the chance of joining the winning team for this season.

THE WAZAS ARE BACK!! Grin

Despite a plucky and impudent performance by a green thing, nothing could stop the Waza steamroller at Albi.
1st-2nd-3rd  muhahahahaha
She almost smiled.

Her team tactics were implemented to perfection with a cunning assault on the front row of the grid, consolidated by a clean start with all 3 cars in the leading group that pulled a gap from the rest of the field.

Tim was flying and holding the lead with Hristo a couple of places back, waiting for a passing opportunity. Evil waza played a waiting game and riding shotgun back in 6th spot protecting the newly developed engine in the interests of reliability, still not sure how hard to push this flying machine.
There appears to have been an incident or two and eventually there were 4 cars in the leading pack...3 Wazas and a green thing.
Unworthy evil made a small mistake which allowed the green thing to pull away and audaciously harass the honourable Hristo.

As it was a very long race I decided to hold my pace and revs to ensure a finish rather than push too hard. It was easy to maintain a 5-6 sec gap to the battle in front and be ready to take advantage of any "incidents". Wink

As the fuel level came down I found it easier to push and with about 10 laps to go decided to reel in the green thing and go for a 1-2-3. Just as I was getting close, fear and recognition of the Wazas superiority got to the green thing and he correctly parked at the hairpin to allow me free passage into 3rd spot.
There was a temptation to go for 2nd place and personal glory, but She would not have been amused if the team had thrown away a whitewash ( Wink ) of the green and red machines, so the Wazas cruised home in formation and glory. Grin Grin

Remember..

All our victories are belong to Her Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 02:23:14 PM +0000 »

Server replay posted at the usual place. I'm looking into the issue re only seeing one car behind.
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 04:31:28 PM +0000 »

That wasn't the happinest race for me.

Qual: PB and 10 place on the grid.

Race: First half of the race was pretty good, but later I lost my concentration and made few stupid mistakes. Last one finished my race.

Grats to all finishers, and to the Wazzaz(this time force was on your side:D )

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 05:07:32 PM +0000 »

....................., so the Wazas cruised home in formation and glory. Grin Grin

Subject to moderation of course.

I'm sure the Cerk of the Course will want a word with the driver of the white bulldozer!

Suppose I can think myself lucky that Evil left my wheels on after his cohorts had duffed me up!

Might need a few of the lads in to stop so many white cars making it to T1.  Roll Eyes

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 05:23:32 PM +0000 »

....................., so the Wazas cruised home in formation and glory. Grin Grin

Subject to moderation of course.

I'm sure the Cerk of the Course will want a word with the driver of the white bulldozer!

Suppose I can think myself lucky that Evil left my wheels on after his cohorts had duffed me up!

Might need a few of the lads in to stop so many white cars making it to T1.  Roll Eyes

Relax, Clark-Hill will make sure She doesn't make it into T1 at Kyalami. Cheesy

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 08:52:33 PM +0000 »

Submit your incident reports please gentlemen (and otherwise).

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 10:52:34 PM +0000 »

I think if I was to describe last nights race in a single word I would have to choose 'Intense'!

Can't say I enjoyed it over much as I was concentrating too hard to do so.

Qualifying was a PITA. My first lap ended in a rather comedy impalement in the barriers at Parc, I could imagine hearing Evil chuckling at me as he motored past  Embarrassed
I quit back to the pits and threw all the changes I'd made in creating my race setup onto the qualy one and set out again - Car was much better, first flying lap gave me pole  Smiley
This had reduced to about 8th before I even finished the next lap due to people getting laps in with drafting and warm tyres to help them along.
I spent near enough the entire qualifying session on my own squeeking out the odd tenth here and there, If I caught anyone it was generally in the wrong place to be of use! With 3 minutes to go I found myself in 7th I think....
Finally at the end of the session I came out for last blast to find a car approaching from the rear, I let it pass on the approach to DD so as not to hold them up and found myself behind Jethro - I think he's covered the result of this quite well himself. Yes, I do owe you a beer or something for that  angel

Got a cracking start to the race and exited the first corner complex far enough ahead of the pack to be safe from them catching my draft - the next 8 laps or so were spent concentrating and trying to eek out more space....
When Hristo appeared behind me my first thought was 'great' as I assumed this to mean a royal battle for 2nd had now commenced between him and Jethro - the one car behind setting ment it was several laps before I realised that I may not actually be that safe.
I pushed harder and concentrated harder, it worked for a bit as I managed to hold the gap for a lap or two. Then H started taking small bites out of my lead, only a tenth here and there but enough. He had caught my draft after 6 laps or so and then got past me, we then commenced swapping places every few laps until I totally missed my braking point into DD while alongside him Shocked No, that wasn't some sort of demented heroic outbraking maneuver, I simply forgot where to brake  scared
The resulting off somehow managed to do no more than very minor damage to my steering while dropping me to 3rd. I then had a good seat to watch Clive and H going at it for some 10 laps or so while following closely.
It all ended badly after one of Clive's attempts on Hristo into DD went wrong and he appeared to loose the backend - having been in exactly the same position in Clubmans on Sun with Phil loosing it in front of me and trapping me because I went wide - I decided to go as tight as possible so as to avoid Clive without being caught. Even put half the car on the grass to try and ensure I couldn't even achieve any sort of lag contact - Then unexpectedly Clive's car regained grip while still pointing towards the inside of the track and lurched infront of me. Thanks to my two wheels on the grass attempt at safety I couldn't slow enough as I simply locked up both right wheels and tapped Clive lightly on the rear spinning him Sad
As I said after the race Clive, I'm sorry it ended that way - particularily as my position was largly choosen to avoid contact rather than instigate it  Embarrassed
From here on it was a chase to the finish with Evil nipping at my heels and H slowly dissapearing into the distance at a pace my race weary Honda no longer seemed interested in trying to match.  Roll Eyes
Nice to have a 1-2-3 finish but not happy how it came about - I'll submit my replay of the bump if you want to take it to the moderators Clive, and let them make the decision. Must admit I was kind of hoping it was one of those cases where GPL hadn't drawn the angle of your car correctly and you'd spun before crossing my path, but it would appear not.
Roll on the next one  thumbup1
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:26 PM +0000 »

whats a waza doing driving the Brabham?  Tongue

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com