Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:05:16 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17D1 Snetterton: April 05, 2009
April 05, 2009, 09:59:38 PM +0100 - Snetterton (Long) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +1.843
---
1 51:20.811
---
35 1:26.793
---
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +0.420
---
2 +0.128
---
35 1:25.795
---
Firestone  
Will Tway
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 4 +1.013
---
3 +1.286
---
35 1:26.199
---
Firestone  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 1 1:24.912
---
4 +10L
---
25 1:25.802
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 6 +1.397
---
5 +14L
---
21 1:28.546
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 3 +0.924
---
6 +15L
---
20 1:26.319
---
Firestone  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +1.374
---
7 +22L
---
13 1:26.809
---
Firestone  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 9 +4.252
---
8 +26L
---
9 1:30.887
---
Firestone  
Burtoner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +4.129
---
9 +32L
---
3 1:30.598
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 11 DNS ---
---
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 12 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Only 3 finishers, and a catologue of driver errors.

Grats to sam who held it all together for a great win. Also to Fulvio who fought back from a first lap sat on top of the grass bank and only just missed out on the win. Will was there at the end too, as the three finishers crossed the line together.

No incidents were reported so there was no moderating for me to do.

I just have one word of warning about pit stops. The rules state that you should be as close to the pit wall as you are when you enter GPL and not 2 metres away like I spotted some cars in this race.
At Snetterton the pit lane is reasonably wide, but at somewhere like Kyalami a car 2 metres from the pit wall will cause big problems.
Please take this as a gentle reminder because I shall be watching and there are penalties for those who don't behave.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1 - Snetterton - Apr 5  (Read 7500 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:33 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 17 - Division 1 - Race 3 - 67 mod - Snetterton

Sideways at Snetterton

Slipping silently across the solent ( well ok the English Channel, but it isn't as poetic is it??) to Snetterton and good old blighty, we re convene for another round of the Div 1 Season.

Always a good "racing" circuit with a few corners that will trap those who are not fully alert.

Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
Race password: snotty

Server ukgpl1AT 7PM UKGPL-1 WAS STILL NOT RESPONDING. THEREFORE WE MAY HAVE TO SWITCH THIS RACE TO UKGPL_5 ON  VROC
IP address....... ping myjamesonline.net
Race date = 05-04-2009
Time = 21:00
Track = Snetterton 67
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length =  (  35  laps)

Division 1
Single Stop Time

Double Stop Time
BRM
No Stop

N/A
Cooper
Stop and Go

N/A
Honda

N/A
Brabham

N/A
Ferrari

N/A
Eagle

Lotus

First Pit Window is: 28 (to go on your pit board) to 18 (to go on your pit board)
 Second Pit Window is: 26 (to go on your pit board) to 9 (to go on your pit board)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:28:58 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 05:31:40 PM +0100 »

Clive

I've just noticed that in our calendar of events that come April 19th for the D1 go at the Nurb, we start running into scheduling conflicts with our Inter-League series of races and this continues right up to the end of the programmes.  Any chance of a re-scheduling of those Inter-League runs?

I post here in this thread cuz there's not one up for that far down the road for the I-L races.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:14:40 PM +0100 »

Are you sure??

They seem to fall on alternate weekends as far as Div 1 and Interleague  matches are concerned.
I am aware that anyone racing in Clubman's is racing on the same evening, but I think the schedule has been worked around Div 1 events.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:26:55 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:20 AM +0100 »

Scuse me, Clive.  I've just double-checked those schedules and it appears that Phil altered them way back on March 12 and I hadn't picked up on the update.  I'd done a copy/paste of the original schedule and saved it to a file for the D1 races.  I see that there is now a 3-week jump after the Snetterton race before we head to the Nurb and subsequent events are now out of phase with no conflicts.  Sry for the confusion.  On my part entirely.  I'll modify my scheduling file here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:37:18 AM +0100 by Doni Yourth » Logged
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:57:11 PM +0100 »

Yes, this is to avoid racing on Easter weekend I believe.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 01:01:13 AM +0100 »

If this starts on-time, I should be able to make this without problems. I am doing a roast dinner for the family however, so there's a possibility it might not happen. Which'll probably please Hristo no end! Cheesy

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:51 PM +0100 »

There appears to be a problem with UKGPL_1 server so this race might be switched to UKGPL 5 at the last moment.

I will try and keep things updated and give as much advance notice as possible of any changes.

Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:39:31 PM +0100 »

Not much of a race for me , set up was all wrong and think I had a nail in my front left , the thing got harde tp drive by the lap. Then my other wheel fell off at the esses when I clouted the bank playing catch up  Roll Eyes

Watched some great racing for the last 10 laps or so between the pod boys and enjoyed the grandstand finish .

Didnt see what happened to Numpty Loynes who was 4th at the time of me leaving the race . Burt went home early , engine ?  Mike was hanging in there for a while and we passed and re passed each other a few times , not really racing ,just me being flash in the fezzer then throwing it up the bank.  actually I was congratulating myself for having actually passed some one ( even if it really was Mike slowing to let me get by  Smiley

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:28 PM +0100 »

Replay etc here.

http://www.jamesonline.net/ukgpl/2009.04.05_Snett_Div1/

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:54 PM +0100 »

Another very enjoyable race which resulted in another fortunate win  Grin. I qualfied a lowly 8th on the grid after many spins and collsions. The race start, however, went away much better. I shot past Bernie and Clive G into Riches so was up to 6th. I then managed to get along side and past Will by Sear. And finally, when Clive L, Doni and Fulvio, sadly, had a coming together, I found myself into 2nd behind Tim racing away from the pack.

The next few laps were rather quiet. I just couldn't catch Tim in his rocket powered Waza-mobile so just settled racing at my own pace. Eventually, Clive, recovering from his earlier shunt, was closing on me and made a move up the inside of the Hairpin. From my mirrors, it looked like Clive was too far back to have a go so I took the normal racing line and received a playful nudge off the racetrack, narrowly missing the haybayles. From seeing the replay I really should have given Clive some extra space but both our cars carried on without any signs of damage so no harm done.

When Clive came to pit in a lap later, I saw Tim extend his lead over me to about 12 seconds before he came in for his pitstop. I took over the lead when Tim had finished his stop but he was only about 5 seconds behind me and closed in rapidly on my gearbox. I went defensive on the run down to the Esses but still gave Tim just enough space. I must have blocked Tim's braking point, as he went storming into the hedgerow, and a fiery crash ensued. Not a pleasant way to go out and I found myself in the lead again. I then found myself victim of outbraking myself a lap later and only just avoided the hedgerow of doom.

When all that was over, Will then began to close up and we lapped on roughly the same pace within a couple seconds of each other. It remained that way for a short while until Fulvio, recovering from his earlier incident with an epic drive, passed Will, and began to close right on my gearbox. The last lap was particullaly hard work. I ran wide at the flat out left-hander past Sear and had to lift, compromising my speed all the way along the straight. Fulvio took advantage and we both braked side by side towards the haripin. Fulvio ran a little wide to give me space and we then went along the straight up to the Esses side by side, until the BRM's power advantage dragged me ahead, just enough to retake the lead by the next turn. When the lap was over, Fulvio was a mere tenth of a second behind and given another lap, I reckon he would have passed my for good. So, another great race and thanks to all for the excellent driving. Made it more enjoyable. So, onto the Nordschleife then. God help us  Cheesy
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 01:34:29 AM +0100 »

Congratulations on a fine drive and win, Sam!  That was a terrific duel between you and Fulvio and Will over the last laps with barely a cigarette paper between all three of you.  Ripping stuff!   Smiley

Seems like VROC and I aren't getting along when it comes to the FFB for my Logitech G25 controller's steering.  It's not working properly at all.  On first joining, it was the Monaco Inter-League race all over again a with weird feel to it.  I did all of lap before bouncing out of the server to check my core.ini settings and then duplicate them in the appropriate tab on the VROC join menu.  All that did was give me no FFB whatever.  Sigh...  At least the car was largely going where I wanted it to so I persevered for the balance of Q to end up P3 about 4/10 off a new PB set earlier in the day offline WITH FFB.

Off the line, I got a good launch and pulled up alongside and slightly past Fulvio in the run up to T1.  I took a quick peek with my 'Look Right 135°' button as configured from GPLShift and saw that I might be able to hold FP low around T1 and over to T2.  This seemed to be the case as we came off T2 and I gained a slight advantage from the outside line to surge ahead into P2.  Up ahead, I saw Clives' Brabham several legngths clear setting up for T3 and planned to go in right behind him.  You can imagine my shock when I closed rapidly and despite piling on the brakes and attempting to veer to the left to miss him, I hit his BT24 in the tail and spun him into the berm.  I joined him there and in pulling away, found my steering totally out of align and had to retire immediately in gaining the pits.

In scoping the replay very closely, I wonder if Clive didn't have some control issues with the cold tires that lead to his losing all manner of speed which took me by surprise at T3.  Indeed, coming off T2, it seems he had a lurid slide under power only getting back to a reasonable approach for T3 at the last moment.  A split second before the impact, I note that Clive's Brabham is cocked well sideways and has lost considerable pace...  right down to a mere 54mph my replay shows.  I was more or less on a usual pace...low to mid 60's...and confident of making the corner so it was a nasty shock to suddenly find the gap between us disappear in a wink and set off the unfortunate collision which also claimed Fulvio.  Incredibly, from being well and truly dyked, FP somehow managed to get down off the berm and carry on albiet miles behind.  Of course, that set the stage for the dramatic finish as Fulvio fought back to a splendid P2 right on Sam's tail with Will most definitely in contention as well.

As the trailing driver in the collision with Clive, I suppose that ultimate responsibility lies with me.  My apologies, Clive.  You did have a nice comeback going there later.  Didn't hang around the 'puter for long, tho, and only came back for the last laps to watch the barn-burner finish.
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 03:02:40 AM +0100 »

Yeah that's almost what GPL dreams are made of....except of course I win.  Grin  Seriously, what a fantastic drive by Fulvio and Sam. That last lap was a humdinger and Sam did a phenomenal job holding on to P1. Shocked  Set my FL on lap 34.

Sam and I were nearly squarely matched and I spent a good 10+ laps looking for a hole which never opened. I noticed Fulvio (who had one of the most remarkable comeback drives I've ever witnessed) gaining fast and I knew he'd catch us before the end...I thought if I could just keep my lines, I might be able to hold him off....but that thought quickly went out the window....with 3 or 4 to go....

Grats again to Sam and Fulvio for the clean fun.

Looking forward to the madness in Germany.

Cheers,

Will

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:05:02 AM +0100 by Will Tway » Logged

bound to cover just a little more ground
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:21:17 AM +0100 »

As I said on the grid, "Where was H?"

Qually went well and I made a good start. 

Doni is quite correct when he suspects a traction problem and has also correctly identified that I started a bit of a tank-slapper coming out of T1.  My Brabham was a complete sod on cold tyres and needed a lap to warm up before it was remotely driveable. 

Sadly it didn't get it. 

Another problem that only dawned on me after about ten laps was that I didn't have GPLWait running.  Looking at the Numptygraph, I probably over egged the pit stop.

With the debacle over the server and game of musical chairs, the pile up, nudging Sam and then the pit stop my concentration was shot.  I eventually made a mess of Russells and wiped some wheels off.

Sorry for the nudge Sam.  I wasn't trying to pass, just use a different line.  I had practiced braking down the inside to make the corner and thought that you would be further ahead of me at the corner.  I was inside but close and I thought that we had got away with it when your BRM shot away as though it had been kicked up the rump.

Well done Bernie.  We lasted longer than the Wassers. Grin

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:28 AM +0100 »

Missed the 300 marker board - Wondered why Sam started braking 100yards/meters early - swore loudly as the the 100 board failled to appear for me - Crashed and burned badly  censored

Even now I'm too miffed to trust myself to type anymore than this without filling the page with swearing, just glad I didn't take Sam with me.

Well done finishing types  Smiley
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 01:00:31 PM +0100 »

Another here without GPLwait and if the Numptygraph is anything like to scale , my pit in owes me about 25 secs.

Does that mean I'm 25 secs in credit for the Nurbs   Grin

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com