Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:46:55 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Dn Mexico City: April 28, 2009
April 28, 2009, 09:41:00 PM +0100 - Mexico City (1962-1979) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Novices Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 1 1:52.993
---
1 38:16.204
---
20 1:53.821
---
Dunlop  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.852
---
2 +14.652
---
20 1:53.554
---
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.930
---
3 +37.395
---
20 1:55.085
---
Goodyear  
miner2049er
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +2.067
---
4 +48.060
---
20 1:54.983
---
Dunlop  
maestro57

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +2.205
---
5 +55.620
---
20 1:56.291
---
Goodyear  
AuldenA

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +4.332
---
6 +1:11.869
---
20 1:56.703
---
Dunlop  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 9 +3.287
---
7 +1:22.420
---
20 1:56.484
---
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +3.896
---
8 +1:24.712
---
20 1:56.320
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +4.897
---
9 +1:39.397
---
20 1:57.252
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +2.754
---
10 (+5) +1L
---
19 1:56.536
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 +4.353
---
11 +29.419
---
19 1:58.168
---
Dunlop  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 16 +6.128
---
12 +37.976
---
19 1:57.947
---
Goodyear  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.829
---
13 +41.672
---
19 1:57.172
---
Goodyear  
G Poole

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 15 +5.448
---
14 +1:05.335
---
19 1:56.964
---
Goodyear  
Glyn Lloyd

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 17 +9.373
---
15 +1:19.673
---
19 1:59.545
---
Dunlop  
Asbjeurn Tverberg

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +2.401
---
16 (+5) +2L
---
18 1:56.120
---
Dunlop  
roguk

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +3.524
---
17 +5L
---
15 1:57.971
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 18 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A pole to flag victory for James, achieved at a pace perhaps more appropriate to the Amateurs, however many of the Novices were slower than their normal pace at Mexico and for the moment I've left it to James to decide which division he prefers.

Mike's pass on Maestro for fourth was the highlight of a very good race. I noted that everyone was careful on the first lap. More of the same will help at Watkins!

Server replay time: 0h02m49s

L1 Peralta

Fabio spends most of Peralta on the armco. While I'm not sure that this was an attempt to gain a racing advantage, drivers should note that when there is more than one instance of cornering on the armco, it will certainly be penalised.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m42s

L2 Lago

NHance spins in front of Fabio and there is a collision.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m48s

L3 Lago

Al rejoins from the inside of the first element of Lago at a more than ninety degree angle and straight into the path of NHance, who has to reset. Al's stationary car is then hit by Graham.

Server replay time: 0h10m10s

L5 Hairpin

Asbjeurn has got inside Glyn at the hairpin but decides to allow Glyn to lead. He almost stops, but this is insufficient to prevent a slight warp contact after Glyn turns in. Glyn is able to proceed without difficulty.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h13m10s

L6 Peralta

Glyn was on the armco as Fabio had been, but extracts himself only to collide with Roger, fortunately Roger was not greatly inconvenienced.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h19m55s

L10 T1

NHance lost control into the armco. Graham followed him and they collided.

Graham took an sng for his reset, but as he was lapped this was not necessary under Novice rules.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h29m37s

L15 Chicane

Norbert was slow to accelerate and Asbjeurn rear-ended him. Asbjeurn returned the place, however other cars had passed.

Server replay time: 0h34m12s

L17 Hairpin

Asbjeurn was following Norbert closely when they slowed to be lapped, and then rear-ended him under braking. Norbert is allowed his no-fault reset.

Asbjeurn was following too close behind Norbert into a heavy braking zone, he should have allowed more space after closing up when being lapped.

Server replay time: 0h37m52s

L19 T1

Asbjeurn had lost control into the armco on the previous lap, and Bookie had been able to pass him. This time Asbjeurn attempted a pass on the inside from too far back. Not his day, and he then retired. Bookie was able to proced.

• Asbjeurn Tverbergpenalty — Ridiculously Ambitious Overtake — 2 places lost

Server replay time: 0h39m10s

L20 Hairpin

Glyn slowed to allow Vos to lap him but then Vos slowed early for the hairpin and Glyn easily passed him, even having slowed. Glyn had a clear lead into the hairpin but here was contact between his right rear and the left front of the Lotus. Vos had to reset.

Though I won't penalise this incident drivers should be aware that though they may be lapping a car, that doesn't imply that any incident is automatically the responsibility of the slower car. Also a slower car is entitled to wait for a safe place to allow a faster car to pass, though pulling over in anticipation of being lapped is often welcome.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Novices Trophy - Mexico City - Apr 28  (Read 6569 times)
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:13:48 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 17 - Novices Trophy - Race 5 - 65 mod - Mexico City

The fifth round of the Novices Trophy is at Mexico, in front of the lines of armed police with the dark sunglasses.  After his win at Imola Clutch has a slender lead over Mike,  but with the drivers following them able to drop their two worst results the championship is still very much open.  Mexico has a very difficult T1 for a full grid, and accidents to the outside or at the chicane tend to come back onto the track, its also very tempting to try to go two or even three wide because of the wide straight, though there's only room for a single car at the chicane.  Tyres are cold at the start, your control will suffer- and if you are on the inside be aware that there may be a car outside you, if on the outside don't get stuck on the armco.   

Reserve drivers should not join until there are only 30 mins of qualifying left.  However, all drivers should not go on track until there is 30 minutes of qualifying left.  This helps all drivers join the server successfully.  Please restrict chat to pit messages.

Please use the updated 65 mod for this race.

The 65 mod V2 update is being used by UKGPL and the updated layout features are very welcome, with the ability to record best lap times at addon tracks and to have 65 specific tracks. The new collision boxes are also a great improvement.  Though the new slipstream code will need extensive testing, the preliminary race seemed to show that it would be a definite improvement in racing terms, without the controversy over its extent, as with the 66 mod.

Thanks to all involved with producing the update.  If the new slipsteam code works as well as it seems it might, perhaps it could help persuade the authors of the 66 mod to rework their code as well!

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m. UK
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
IGOR and Race passwords: see above

Server ukgpl5
IP address TBC
Race date = 28-04-2009
Time = 20:00GMT 21:00UK
Track = Mexico City
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length = Long (20 laps)

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

CHASSIS ALLOCATION  If I haven't included you but your chassis has been agreed it's not important, otherwise pm me.

Ferrari Norbert Roguk Fabio
Lotus Al Vos Mike Scott Vee8
BRM Billy Hezemans Hurtubise JamesRye
BT11 Graham Maestro Clutch Nhance
Honda Bookie Tomd18
Cooper Asbjeurn* Ian* Steve B* Steve B2* Geoff* Bernie* Nicky*
BT7 Aulden Burt* Glyn

*drivers also assigned an Amateurs chassis

65 Mod

These were the 65 drivers
BT7 Bonnier, Baghetti, Hulme (Bonnier drove for Walker)
BT11 Brabham Gurney Gardner Anderson Siffert (Siffert drove for Walker, Gardner and Anderson were privateers)
Lotus Clark Spence Rodriguez Mitter Russo Solana (and Maggs Hailwood Attwood Amon and Ireland for Parnell)
Ferrari Surtees Bandini Rodriguez Vaccarella Bondurant Scarfiotti
Honda Ginther Bucknum
Cooper McLaren Rindt
BRM Hill Stewart

The 1965 season was the last to use the controversial 1500cc formula which had begun after 1960, to the initial advantage of Ferrari.  The 1965 cars are smaller than the 1967 cars and have less torque and hence more grip.  It was claimed that they 'cornered on rails', however this allowed the Grand Prix series to retain the use of circuits which were otherwise to prove extremely dangerous.

The 1965 cars are ideal for those new to GPL as they allow the tracks to be learnt in light reliable cars, however these are also full Formula One cars, and quite fast.... Jim Clark got pole at Mexico in the Lotus 33, his time was 1'56.17.  Richie Ginther won the race for Honda.

David Wright's 'Legends' site http://fp.gplegends.plus.com/ has the download of the 2.0.1 version (under 'details') as well as being an exceptional guide to both 1965 and 1967, for those interested in Formula One history.  The 2.02 update is available here: http://www.jamesonline.net/ukgpl/1965mod_PATCH_v2.0.2_Setup.zip[/quote]
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:11:31 PM +0100 »

Looking forward to this race, had a fun practice race last night with no disco's. So hopefully I'll make it to the end this time... Smiley
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:29:36 PM +0100 »

Phew, saw the checkered flag at last. Grin A message came up saying 'network error detected on device' on the penultimate corner. I wasn't going to risk lapping whoever was in front of me but I really got a move on when that message came up!

Thanks to the people who were dicing for position for letting me through. Congrats to Nicky on fastest race lap. With my PC unreliability I think I should be in a Ferrari. I was quite tense on the last few laps, waiting for the game to crash or the wheel to fail!

Anyway, I'm happy with the win and a PB in qualifying. Bring on the next round Wink

Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 11:18:14 PM +0100 »

Not a lot to say on this one.

Qualified 3rd, finished 3rd.
Ryeman and Nicky were away at the start. i kept the gap to a couple of seconds througout the first lap, but knew i needed to slipstream them both to get close on the following lap, i couldn't and they left me.
I tried for a couple of laps to stay with them but they just kept punching in quicker laps that i couldn't match so i decided to stick in 3rd for the rest of the race.
Well done to the back markers for moving off the racing line, great driving. And well done to those in front of and immediately behind me for a careful entry and exit into Turn 1 on lap 1. Not sure what happened further down the field but my Pribluda appeared to indicate a crash?
Great win for Ryeman. The Championship could go any number of ways as we approach mid season.

Next stop Watkins Glen where i hope not to be doing a 'Graham Hill'
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:47 PM +0100 »

My race was very novicable , found myself in a comfortable 6th place after the T1 sortout , then around about lap7 , I got a dose of the old tequilla drinkers cramp ( I needed a stiff one)  , *Note to self* "must use both hands whilst negotiating tyre walls" Roll Eyes

after the spin I had a lonely drive home to 8th place , not sure why , but my lap times decreased with time so I ended up slower on empty tanks than I was on full race gas  Undecided
 methinks it may have been tyre temps as the only set up I had was a hotlappers fastlap. and I didnt want to change stuff incase It went worse .

Thanks to Nicky who after the race , very unselfishly posted me his own very fast set up , though I doubt it will be much better in my hands . great gesture though mate , and a wonderful example of the GPL community spirit  Smiley

Grats to the pod boys , you was way outa my league  Smiley

Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 08:17:26 AM +0100 »

Just disqualify me from this race! I seemed to crash into anyone I tried to pass, especially Norbert, who I had a long fight with. I was faster than him out of the tightest corners, but for some reason I tried to drive through him instead of past him - many times - and really ruined his race more than mine. My deepest apology, Norbert! I feel really bad about it. Sad
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:02:32 PM +0100 by Asbjeurn Tverberg » Logged

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 08:37:52 AM +0100 »

Qualified 4th and would have needed a rocket boost to get on the front row so I put on race fuel instead to feel where the car was, and typically almost beat my lap time.

Maestro overtook me from the line and I didn't contest it into T1 and settled down for a lap or so before trying to find a way past him. I was quicker than him in 3 places but couldn't get the car setup right to take advantage before having a trip on the grass. Caught him up again so I knew overall I was faster if I could pass him but again before I could do that I had a little spin from punching the throttle too soon. That put an end to any hopes of a podium so it was a race for 4th from then on.

Vos was behind me at this point and running well as I couldn't drop him and catch Maestro again but after a while I settled down again and got a move on. It took me longer to catch Maestro this time as I dropped about 7 seconds or so but I caught him for a third time and took no prisoners with a move up the inside into T1. I didn't want to get into a battle following him again so I went straight for it. I got into a little slide but caught it nicely and held the place, which I then spent a lap or 2 seeming to want to give it back to him again, having to catch another big slide in the Esses. I think he must have had an off somewhere because he suddenly dropped a couple of seconds which meant I could then manage the gap for the remaining 3 or 4 laps.

The top 2 were pretty much untouchable here, for me at least, their race laps were like my practise laps and I've only ever seen a 1:53.9 here on prib, so to actually do them in a race is great race pace.

I'm glad Mexico is over, I don't hate it like I used to but I certainly don't like it.

My driver of the day was Alastair Baldwin for following me on the first lap and not being put off by what can only be described as crap driving.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:02 AM +0100 »

Congrats to Jimmy, Nicky and Clutch - and all finishers (15 out of 17). Also, very nice start by all from what I could see.
Qually was fine, near enough to my PB.
Race was one of the toughest I've done so far. Settled down into 6th and thereafter Aulden was behind me the whole way. Not quite in my pipes but in parts of the track he'd close and others I'd break away - the pressure was relentless and I knew one slip from me and he'd be through with very little chance of regaining the place.
So no lonely drive on this one, thankfully I held it together through the race.
Unfortunately on my last lap there was an 'incident' whilst lapping a backmarker resulting in a Sh/R and allowing Aulden through (he was lucky to avoid the same fate). I guess that's racing for you...
Apart from the last lap a good race for me.

NHance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:44 AM +0100 »

I am writing this from memory as I haven't watched the replay yet.

The race. - Wife did a nice Chilli con Carne for tea to sort of put me in a Mexican mood, fire in the belly & all that. Well it didn't work. Not in the race sense anyway!. An injury time qually lap got me 8th on the grid but I lost at least one place at turn 1. After that it was a series of ... erm... racing incidents!. Hope I didn't cause any of 'em, don't think I did.

Punctuality is a thing with me so I was disapointed early in the race to be a late arrival at an informal gathering of drivers at the esses after turn 1. Made a literal big impact on entrance though when I t-boned someone who obviously thought you race across the track & not along it. A compass is in the post. Drove off but I thought things were not right which was confirmed when I touched the brakes for the next bend, the hairpin. Smacked straight into the armco. Something was amiss or missing even. Correct, it was the front wheel!.
Shift-R but did not S&G as I felt it was a result of the previous no fault impact but I may be penalised so thats it.

Dream finish behind my team mate Clutch. Trouble was I was 1 lap down!.

Thanks to Geoff H for the set up which improved me by 1 second a lap & which I passed to Graham & he used it as well.

Well done to the podium boys but I expect they are quite used to it by now. My driver of the day is Vos as I think that 7th place may have sunk any thoughts of Mountside Racing mounting a challenge for the team title. We'll keep trying though.

Norm H
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 11:32:10 AM +0100 »

My driver of the day was Alastair Baldwin for following me on the first lap and not being put off by what can only be described as crap driving.

I certainly wouldn't call me the driver of the day, I'm closer to the Nelson Piquet Jr award for being lucky to still be driving…..

First of all I’d like to apologise to NHance, again for the second time in two races I have done a bad rejoin right infront of him. Very, very sorry. My only defence is that I did check the track, I also checked Prib. I saw 2 Ferrari’s racing, I let them past and then I rejoined the track, at that moment his car appeared. Very sorry.

I need to think again about my driving, I’m fast but I’m prone to errors. At the moment I’m quite deflated, so need to pick myself up. I have been working on constancy, my lines and keeping it on the black stuff, in the practice races I’m fine, in a 66 race or 69 race I’m much better it seems in the 65 races, where I know I’m quick (ish) and I should be doing quite well it all goes to my head and I lose the car too many times. There’s some very quick drivers in the Novice division this year, I really want to win and have to drive at 100% to stay in front of them, that’s when my mistakes come.

On to the race itself, I was quite pleased with my qualifying, it was a PB and that’s all I can hope for. Race started OK, I got away well, was right behind my team leader and was keeping station. I made a sill mistake on lap 2 and spun, I did a bad rejoin and ended up last. After that I was driving within myself, but still doing the odd mistake. My high point of the race was on lap 5 were I cleanly overtook 3 cars Smiley Myself and Rog UK65 pretty much had a race long battle, I would catch him, make a mistake and fall back. I finally got him and made it stick with 5 laps to go, settled down to do some normal laps, let the leader past on the last corner, and finished a lap down.

I quite like Mexico, and was looking forward to it, but I was rubbish here last night. I’m sorry for the accident that I caused, I really was trying to avoid any incidences so I’m mad at myself for causing one. Please accept my apologises if you where caught in the incident on the second lap.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 12:26:25 PM +0100 »

I need to think again about my driving, I’m fast but I’m prone to errors. At the moment I’m quite deflated, so need to pick myself up. I have been working on constancy, my lines and keeping it on the black stuff, in the practice races I’m fine, in a 66 race or 69 race I’m much better it seems in the 65 races, where I know I’m quick (ish) and I should be doing quite well it all goes to my head and I lose the car too many times. There’s some very quick drivers in the Novice division this year, I really want to win and have to drive at 100% to stay in front of them, that’s when my mistakes come.

Dont get too downhearted , we all have good and bad times , like you say out and out speed is quite useless on its own , you need to be fast but consistent , no use being uber quick for one lap and slow the next . Its probably down to you overdriving the car , pushing too hard . We all do it ( mostly when the red mist appears )

Remember if you can you are racing the track , not just the car in front , concentrate on brake and entry point into corners , and a smooth early exit out regardless of the car in front . dont become fixated with tailpipe watching .

I'm sure it will help your racing in the longer run  Smiley

JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:00 PM +0100 »

dont beat yourself up happyal, we all have drives like that. I kept spinning at the clubmans race at the Ring the other day and finnished waaay down the order, despite a PB lap in the race itself.

We should all be closer at the Glen because this is where everyone starts off.
Glyn Lloyd

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 03:18:13 PM +0100 »

Well well well...I actually managed to get a finish at Mexico !!! Shocked
I`ll apologise now for being such a slowbie   Cheesy

This is a track that I`ve learned to dislike intensley...have (tried) driving it many many times since GPL came out....at best my efforts here could best be described as " a disaster that found somewhere to happen " !!!...in fact if my memory serves me correctly this is only the second time I`ve entered an online race at Mexico...I won`t even talk about that first one   Lips Sealed   lol
But, this time I managed to get around more or less in one piece   lol.....lately my concentration and energy levels are extremely low so my aim was to finish and stay out of everyones way if possible....I think I managed for the most part to do that  Smiley  ( I need the points ye ken Wink )

My apologies to Vos for that last lap effort at the hairpin...I didn`t realise that you had to do a shift_R mon ami.....it was, as you said, a racing incident....I certainly felt the hit  but was not impeded in any way...you were less fortunate however and I am sorry for ruining your good finsish by getting in the way  Embarrassed

I had some good racing along the way to make my run very enjoyable....Nicki came up on me late in the race and I tried to stay out of his way and let him through unimpeded...he chose however to drive with his head and just let me get through all them twisty bits before he made his pass on me...thanks Nicki,  nicely done and appreciated  Smiley

My BIGGIE  for the whole affair though was to finally  ( since 1998)  get a lap in UNDER 2:00.00  hahahaha  in fact I got three in a row at the end  all  in the 1:59s  with a PB of 1:59.54  so I left as a 'happy camper'  Smiley

Sorry for leaving as soon as the race ended too...my wife had dinner on the table and I thought it best to eat while it was hot  Smiley  ( the food that is   Tongue )

Looking forward to Watkins Glen...see you all then..

Cheers dears 

Glyn

Glyn
(ol` SLOWpoke)  Smiley The Geriatric GPLer Tongue

' THE HURRIDER I GOES THE BEHINDER I GETS' !!!

Current GPL Rank  =   +121.856
norbert

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 04:34:20 PM +0100 »

No problemos Asbjørn ! Wink
I was quiet slow anyway.
Should actually have let you pass by
cause you were really faster
could have  made the race better.
Anyway - looking forward to the Glen.
See you there! Grin 
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 10:47:02 AM +0100 »

Smiley Smiley
That was a real  nice race. extreme big fun .

Before I forgot , I like to thank Steve Bird for big help on trying to figure out what  was wrong to my Cooper at the free practise races last week. My Cooper did acts like an old rotten truck that time , with poor  top speed of max 228kmh and lap times up the 2min marker.
Well Steve did tried my Cooper setup an soon reported back , that to him the 6th gear revs out couple meters after the pit`s exit.
So clearly definitely something was wrong on my GPL.
After hard working on my memory , I realised I did not rearranged proper the  changes to  GPL  , I had done days before to introduce my brother`s litlle two sons to the universe of GPL. Advanced Trainer was still checked inside GEM .lol…

Well , back to Mexico ;
Qualifying went very well to me . got couples of clean laps and settled down 2nd with  0,4sec  behind  my PB and half an universes away from Ryemans outstanding 1-52-993.
Big hand on it !! such a brilliant lap !
Was quit surprised not to see any else in the 53-xx zone , but didn’t got much time to think about  as the starting flag drops down soon  and race was on .
6 way gearbox of the Cooper seams to help me a lot to came out the blocks , considering my poor starts with the Ferrari . So it was possible to follow Ryeman into T1 close by.
unfortunately it turns out , that as soon I was extreme close behind , the BRM to me was warping a lot , even disappeared completely for couple of seconds .As I knew I had to had keep contact in slipstream area to maintain any sorts of chances to catch him  , I felt bit unlucky first . But for a quit a big number of laps I could follow , within a gap of 2-5 sec , as pribluda shows , and I really enjoyed  the race. car was fantastic to drive. Big fun.
Well , Ryeman didn’t make any mistakes at all and fades away constantly and the time I hit traffic I buried all my hopes to came back into fight by luck .
To be honest Glyn , at that moment  I was shouting at you ( why the heck is he racing me , havnt he noticed he is gonna to be lapped ? ) tooks me away of about bloody 15 seconds. But of course I am not complaining , I know its not easy to move , especially at the esses of Mexico race track. Thats part of rac :)ing to stuck a bit in traffic.
And however , their wasn’t a way to me to catch Ryeman  as he was all the way faster.

So again big hand on well deserved pole and win of the race !!!!
As well big hand to Clutch and James and to all taking part.

Thx all for great racing .
See ya  at Glen

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com