by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 06:01:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alert! Alert! Proper racing for one week only!  (Read 3051 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 10:58:04 PM +0100 »

I did three races today, all in the Radical. Started one from pole and had no idea where to brake for the first turn. Promptly spun and collected somebody, reset and drove through the field to 2nd Cheesy before my engine went pop. :'( Think I pulled one too many gears when downshifting and it was too much for it.

Then I started 6th, shot up to 2nd off the line (the DP starts very slowly) and got rammed up the chuff early doors by a Riley when I moved to the inside to pass a Solstice and he just ran right into me. Rejoined and fought back to 5th.

Finally started 6th again, once again 2nd by turn 1, then clipped one of the evil red inner curbstones. Dropped back to 6th but two of the DPs ran into each other at the Corkscrew and then another one slid off and I finished 3rd. Grin

I haven't found the Slowstice a problem at all - they're so much slower they're very easy to pick off and the majority of the folks driving them appear to be using their brains and their mirrors. The only car I've had a lapping problem with was a Radical who decided to slow on the racing line in the fast downhill left hander and I ran off trying to scoot round him.

I'm really enjoying it. I'll switch to the DP later in the week.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: