Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:57:18 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17D1 Rouen: May 10, 2009
May 10, 2009, 09:43:43 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:57.405
---
1 35:52.540
---
18 1:55.891
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +2.362
---
2 +32.565
---
18 1:58.858
---
Firestone  
Doni Yourth

BRM P115 F1 1967 3 +2.296
---
3 +40.275
---
18 1:59.889
---
Goodyear  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 4 +2.356
---
4 +41.068
---
18 1:58.745
---
Goodyear  
Will Tway
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 2 +1.171
---
5 +44.886
---
18 1:58.844
---
Firestone  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 10 +15.180
---
6 +46.707
---
18 1:58.833
---
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 7 +4.373
---
7 +1:21.639
---
18 2:01.941
---
Firestone  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 8 +4.852
---
8 +1:47.274
---
18 2:01.565
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 9 +7.634
---
9 +11L
---
7 2:04.036
---
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 6 +2.798
---
10 +15L
---
3 2:04.139
---
Firestone  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +31.893
---
11 +7.417
---
3 2:06.690
---
Firestone  
6 UKGPL

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 12 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

This race was, as we all know, not all it should have been.
Due to a technical problem with servers and their availability, the race distance was shorter than advertised and therefore the posted pitstop times were technically incorrect.

It looks like UKGPL 1 is now breathing again , so hopefully with UKGPL 5 and 6 also available we will not have a repeat of this problem.

There was some confusion about what ( if any) pitstops should be taken.

However, having looked at the results and the gaps between the finishing cars and their respective pitstop lengths, I do not think the stops have made any difference to the standings, as all of the finishers were either on "Stop and Go" or "No Stop". So the actual length of stop did not become an issue, as the Hondas with SnG finished in front of the BRM's who had No Stop.

The possible exception is Bernie in the Cooper,( well it would be wouldn't it!!?) who in the pre race confusion, was under the impression that pitstop adjustments would be applied post race and he finished ahead of Dave in the BRM without taking a SnG.

But a stop and go would have cost Bernie approx 20 secs in time and Bernie had a greater gap than that back to Dave at the finish.

No-one has posted any reports in the court about this race, so unless someone has strong objections I propose that the result stands as it is.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1 - Rouen - May 10  (Read 7254 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:01:43 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 17 - Division 1 - Race 5 - 67 mod - Rouen

South to the Sun

A much more compact and bijou circuit, with luckily only just enough corners to bring us around a complete lap. The league positions are showing that consistancy is yielding more points than blinding speed at the moment...but will that continue??

Please be in VROC UKGPL chatroom by 8:55 p.m.
(You will need to set up a channel called #ukgpl if you haven't already done so)
Race password: tba

Server ukgpl 1It looks like "old faithful" is still not working so be aware that we may well switch to UKGPL-5 or 6 for the race and possibly to IGOR . I will make sure details are posted as soon as we know or at the very least make repeated announcements in chat prior to race...UPDATE......    race will now be on IGOR  and server will be UKGPL_5
IP address....... tba
Race date = 10-05-2009
Time = 21:00
Track = Rouen 67
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Qually time = 30 minutes.
Race length =  (  25  laps)

Single Stop Time   Double Stop Time
BRM   No Stop                    No Stop
Cooper   Stop and Go      Too Short
Honda   Stop and Go      Too Short
Brabham        17                   Too Short
Ferrari        26                   Too Short
Eagle        29                   Too Short
Lotus        36                       13

First stop          20               (to go on your pit board)                          13       (to go on your pit board)
  Second stop       18               (to go on your pit board)                         7        (to go on your pit board)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:50:17 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:33:12 PM +0100 »

I am so NOT looking forward to this having done zero practice since the Historic race, and none in the Lotus AT ALL!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:46:14 PM +0100 »

I am so NOT looking forward to this having done zero practice since the Historic race, and none in the Lotus AT ALL!

What a disgrace to Clark & Hill!  Roll Eyes SHE would have had your head chopped off long ago if you were a Waza!  Cheesy A self respectable waza strangles oneself with their own fundoshi rather than taking the shame!  Wink Which reminds me, I'm one race away from having to do that...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:48:34 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:07:59 PM +0100 »

The last time I did practice at Rouen in 67s, it was in the Eagle so I could remember how the track went and where to brake! I don't take D1 as seriously as I take the other divisions seriously. CH don't mind! Wink

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:59:56 PM +0100 »

Single Stop Time   Double Stop Time
BRM   No Stop                    No Stop
Cooper   Stop and Go      Too Short
Honda   Stop and Go      Too Short
Brabham        17                   Too Short
Ferrari        26                   Too Short
Eagle        29                   Too Short
Lotus        36                       13

First stop          20               (to go on your pit board)                          13       (to go on your pit board)
  Second stop       18               (to go on your pit board)                         7        (to go on your pit board)

Does that mean the SINGLE pit stop window is between 20 and 13 to go

OR

Does that mean the SINGLE pit stop window is between 20 and 7 to go

Undecided  Undecided  Undecided

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:14:39 PM +0100 »

How the hell should I know? I just copy and paste these things Undecided

But, I think a single stop may be taken anywhere between 20 and 7 to go, which makes logical sense as it is equi-distant from the start and  end of the race. Grin Grin Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56:32 PM +0100 »

How the hell should I know? I just copy and paste these things Undecided

But, I think a single stop may be taken anywhere between 20 and 7 to go, which makes logical sense as it is equi-distant from the start and  end of the race. Grin Grin Wink

No, single stop is between 20 and 13 laps to go. It has always been like that. Since a single stop is your first (and only stop), it makes sense. Wink

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:46:02 PM +0100 »

I think a short explanation of the server issue tonight would be in order.
Unfortunately our VROC server ukgpl.1 is sickly so Mike and I are filling in with 5 and 6. ukgpl.6 was a last minute option and is set to host on IGOR.
IGOR will only let you set the race length to INT/PRO/GP not the individual laps. To change the default laps (Rouen is 18) the servers season.ini file has to be altered manually. I do this in advance when I know it's required, eg Amateurs, then change it back to the default after the race.
Hands up but when I saw the post I didn't twig it was a non-standard distance and only realised when I was about to start the race.
Normally not a calamity but the pit stop issue compounded the problem.

Will this happen again you ask... No - now we know there's a problem with ukgpl.1 we will work round it so distances etc are set in advance.

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:41 PM +0100 »

That seems like even more reason to get my box up and running on a modem then. Smiley

My race: tried Geoff's setup which was easy to drive, but had some changes to be made, found a GH setup tuned for the GP race, changed the fuel level, and it was perfect for my style, had everything I was looking for. Start was good, up to 5th or 6th, taking it easy down to the hairpin, overtook with power into the quick right-hander, and was braking for the penultimate corner when I screw the exit up. Doni (EDIT happy for ya Fulvio? Smiley ) fairly NERFS me off the track as I'm rejoining and I'm down near the back with evilclive and Bernie. The next couple of laps were good, was thinking of the pitstop, then hit the inside kerb of that quick right-hander to send me wobbling towards the outside grass where I understeered and found a tree which my Lotus was magnetised to! End of the race, but not after taking out and scaring the s*** out of people coming towards me.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:54:54 AM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Michael Turner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 10:16:25 PM +0100 »

Well I was first on the scene but fortunately you disconnected a fraction of a second before I hit you. Not that it did me much good as I must have picked up some some spilt oil (what do you mean  -that isn't modelled!!) and skidded off at the end of the straight. Pity really as I was having a good duel with Jack.
Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 11:08:19 PM +0100 »

Well, that was a bit of a bittersweet race. I was lucky to finish 4th after my moment at Six Freres, but without that error I probably would have finished 2nd. Still, qualified 4th on the grid, passed Doni and Will after a couple of corner and watched Hristo shoot away into the distance. The next half of the race was straight forward, with me still in 2nd but then I lost the back end approaching Six Freres and rode the banking for quite some distance. Was very lucky not to hit the wall and I soldiered on, behind Tim and Doni in 4th.

I was rather frustrated by this, and that did reflect in my driving. I kept making small mistakes here and there which made me even slower and Will began to close up onto my gearbox. Eventually Will was in my slipstream and passed me on the main straight, but outbraked himself at Scierie. I took the place back and began to catch Doni, who had an off in the BRM. On the last lap, me being me, I posted my personal best of a 1:58, over a second faster than my next best effort  Undecided. I really don't know why I can't sustain that pace throughout the race instead of just a last gasp attempt. Another finish then, but I was hoping for a podium here.

Congrats to Hristo on the convincing win and to Tim for taking over the lead in the driver's championship.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 12:58:40 AM +0100 »

Grats to Hristo for a fine, runaway victory!  Man, he had that Red Ball Special just a hummin'!  Smiley

Great job by Tim for a P2 finish despite my best efforts at scaring the ever-lovin' crap out of him.   Grin

A very luck P3 for me with Sam closing down fast.  Another couple of laps and I would have been done like a Swanson.

Popped in a 59 in Q to match a PB of earlier in the day in warmup.  Buggered the start with insufficient revs to hold Sam who rocketed by to dump me to P4.  Jethro surged past on the uphill run to Gresill and I followed into Scierie.  There, his Lotus went just a touch wide and I sneaked by on the right.  In scoping the replay later, I think it was I that cuffed you back out onto the grass verge, JW.  Sry.  Didn't feel a thing...my P115 didn't react but clearly, your Lotus was affected.

Tim closed in rapidly and jumped under me on braking for Scierie on L3 and I did my best to hold him off by late braking with ideas of keeping him pinched low thru the corner but all I really managed to succeed in doing was laying down some lovely, long black streaks from the Goodyears.  Burned off about 50 laps worth of prime rubber right there!   laugh

Ran around P4 and P5 til the stops vaulted me up the leaderboard.  Got a shock when I saw a BRM parked facing the wrong way down the Six Freres complex...Sam had come to grief there.  Vaulted right up to P2 on L10 and tried to up the pace to hang onto it.  Tim made his quick stop and was launching a charge shaving off a second per lap til he was right with me starting L16.  If I minded my P's & Q's, I might just be able to hold him off.  Not so.  Down thru the esses and at Six Freres, I hop the inside kerb and lose the car comprehensively.  Just along for the ride.  Of course, Tim is right behind me and getting a face full of molten rubber smoke.  He ducks to the left verge to miss me and hangs on for dear life!  I pull off a full 360° and resume without stopping having maintained the position.  I should have left well enough alone, tho, as almsot immediately, I overdid the run into Nouveau Monde and spun the car again to smite the tires.  Tim skipped by on the inside and was away and gone.  I rebounded off the tires and got going again not too far ahead of Sam who closed in mightily but ran out of time to nail down P3.  Made it home with barely a second to spare!  Lucky boy!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 10:40:06 AM +0100 »

Due to the pre race confusion, I didnt do a pit stop, somehow I got the impression that the pit stop times would be added 'after' the race  Roll Eyes

Outshone everyone in qually as I took Hiristo off on his last lap flier , just glad he had pole in the bag anyway , but it kind of dampened my enthusiasm for the race because I was on my best lap too , then I realised almost too late I was fueled up for 25 Laps so in a last minute dash back to the pits to get the fuel load lightened , I came back to the grid with the wrong set up on board , so was easy meat once more  Undecided

TBH even with my best I was way off the pace , though I have a 1.59 coop PB somewhere I dont seem able to find it these days , havnt checked my race pace but the laps were a lot slower than I thought possible .

On the bright side I finished in one piece having enjoyed some good close stuff (for a short time anyway)  due to the fast lads passing me then tripping up and having to do it all again . I survived the flying (Lotus) as he decended back to earth by a gnats whisker ( my crash hat now bears the legend of Firestone )

Grats to Hiristo (next time honk yer horn)

Commiserations to JackO (who I know did his utmost) to demote me in the closing laps
by goosing both his tyres and his chances )
What your pit team didn't tell you Dave , was that I have a pit penalty due , so maybe you still get the place  Wink

Or Not Cheesy

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 01:04:34 PM +0100 »

Well, a lot of confusion for this one. It would be nice if we don't rush things next time even if it means shortening the qualifying session since race distance matters 10x more because of the pitstops.

Bernie, I knew you were on your fast lap but I wouldn't have interfered with it as I was passing you on the straight before the long fast righthander, had you kept your line that is. You moved to the middle of the track instead and so contact was inevitable as we were already side by side. It's not that it hurt my qualifying and it probably hurt yours much more.  Roll Eyes

I had a good start and led off to build a gap quickly, with everyone behind fighting and slowing each other. The race didn't go as well from there on, although I had enough pace. The car was very odd, understeering on exits and unpredictable on entry and braking. With a few offs, spins and a couple of concrete tyres collected, it was a little miracle I could reach the finish in one piece.

Made my pistop before lap 13 but noticed others didn't. Considering the change of race distance though I suppose that shouldn't be perceived as against the rules as there were simply no clear rules.  Cheesy

Since I'm a Pribluda new born user and for some reason can't get myself to turn it off  Grin I was following the progress of Tim and Evil through the field. Sadly Evil retired early on, but Tim kept moving up and claimed a fantastic 2nd to give Hiki Waza another 1-2. Great drive, Tim!

Grats to Doni for a fine 3rd as well and all other finishers.

-=Hristo=-

Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 03:08:30 PM +0100 »

Seems I follow Sam no matter what series we race.....and the one time I get a chance to pass, I blow it. Just glad we didn't make contact. Great run Sam. The hunt is always a bit more fun anyway.  Cool

After I out braked myself, I completely lost my cool and my driving went to pot. About the only good news was I set a PB in qually and it was nice to at least see H for a few brief seconds of a race...other than getting lapped.  Grin

Very nice Wazza 1-2 finish and grats to Doni for third.

Don't worry Sam....I got your back..................

Grats all,

Will

bound to cover just a little more ground
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com