by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 07:49:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • P1 Oulton Park: June 02, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKPnG Clubmans - Weather and Pitting Test - Oulton Park (GP 1954-72) - Jun 2  (Read 14308 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2009, 09:52:33 PM +0100 »

Had two freezes. In P1 it was just CTD but I had to restart my PC in Q2 after setting the pole time.  Sad  No time to make a clean lap so I started from 17th place and crawled up to the top. YAY!  Grin  Good chase, Lazlow.  Cool  Fezza rules.  Smiley

TT
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2009, 09:53:55 PM +0100 »

Ah well, it was good when it lasted!
I decided last minute to try the Falcon as I was getting pummelled in the E-type and tbh it was a bit of a gamble as I only had a setup from Brno, but it seemed ok.
A last gasp quali attempt saw me on pole but I was mindful of the car's tendency for snap oversteer under braking.

As for the race it was going quite well with a good duel with Lazlow and Matt but eventually the tyres went off after the dry spell in a big way and I had to concede to Lazlow just a few laps before my pit.........which had another car in it!  Roll Eyes

I had to creep around saving fuel and once again pitted but I picked up some damage and that got fixed which dropped me way out of contention. Rats.

Made a silly error under braking which pretty much sealed my fate.

Nonetheless, a good race and grats to the podium.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:46 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed this one more than the last, but suffered the same dump pitstop errors.
started with 32 laps fuel, intending to take only tyres, had some fun, almost keeping pace with MADD and Lazlow
went in, asked for no fuel, and got the setup amount- another 32 laps worth! left pits with 13 laps to go, and 38 laps fuel
wasted 30 secs in pits, and was 2 secs slower after stop! argghh, still good fun trying to stop Keith from getting past
with my 5 ton car ;-)

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:54 PM +0100 »

Hmmm, a very short race for me  Angry

I made a mess of my start, as forgot to put it in first gear Roll Eyes  dropped the clutch and watched the field sail past. I was lucky no one hit me on the grid....

But only 3 laps in, whilst racing Mike Jonzo daveshep's E-type suddenly froze on the entry to Druids, I just glanced him but it sent me into a spin & ended up hard against the armco facing the wrong way. I waited until I saw a gap, tried a power-turn but cocked it up  Sad  & got hit by geoffers which busted my engine.

Sorry geoffers, I had thought the field had gone past me at that point.

Congratulations on to all the finishers!

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 10:33:51 PM +0100 »

Wow, what an eventful race! I really enojoyed sliding the Jag around the track, sidewards at every corner  Grin. Was a great deal of fun, even if I ran out of talent and spun off several times. After a banzai lap which landed me 8th on the grid, I made a good start, but lost many places after the traditional argy bargy round the first corner. I then lost a few more places through slow, error ridden driving and was down to 16th in the first few laps.

I never really recovered from that and was struggling with the Jag when the track was drying out. Was very thankful the heavens opened again. Eventually I got my act together during the second-half of the race and began some consistent, if sluggish pace round the track. On lap 12 or so, I pitted and forgot to tell them to not fix the damage to the car, and ended up having a 2 minute pitstop  Undecided. Rejoined in 20th and only gained places through others misfortunes.

When the flag dropped I finished a lowly 13th, a lap down but despite my shoddy driving I did enjoy this one and hope we can race in a few more wet races during the PnG season  angel. Also need to apologise to someone I punted off at Druids on the first lap (Not entirely sure who it was, I need to check the replay when it comes available). Hopefully I can get my act together at the next race.

Edit: Okay, having seen the replay, I owe and apology to Keith and Goldtop for my incompetence. Sorry making a hash of things.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:13:33 AM +0100 by Samb » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:57 PM +0100 »

Replay and provisional results posted

LapChart

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 08:06:25 AM +0100 »

What a shame! Sad Clipped the grass on that dodgy rise on about lap 8, slid sideways into the barrier.
Not a heavy impact but engine was dead! Sad
Was really enjoying it too!

Very little practice and a PC crash mid quali, left me with the L72 which I knew I would be too quick in! so didn't put a quali lap in on purpose and started at the back!
Had great fun coming through the field but the early exit was a real dissappointment!

Absolutely fantastic fun guys. more of the same Legzy, how much fun is it sliding sideways through the corners, easing on the power etc.
Love the variable weather although the handling on that L72 didn't change much! Just had to brake earlier! Smiley

No worries Alex! All part of the fun! Smiley

More, more, more please, this was just soooo good! Grin

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 08:54:17 AM +0100 »

More, more, more please, this was just soooo good! Grin

cue....'i told you so' thoughts in my head once more  Wink  i dont generally bang on about something on here for no reason you know,  Grin even if it looks like i do  Wink

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:54 AM +0100 »

Superb!  tt1

Only tested a couple of cars and at the end i chosed for race one that i didn't test.
Now i'm happy to chosed the Corvette Z06. What a fun to drive even in the wet.
Qualified at 13th and when the red lights went on, i steped on the throtle....but....
nothing....no engine.... Shocked then, my mind worked at 300 miles per hour and came to me
that i was typing on grid. Did i switched off the engine? Only could be that!!!!!!
a fast press on the 2 keys that allow the engine to start....OH NO...green lights... scared
full throtle but not enough to avoid a car to hit me (so sorry Geoffers, i only realised it was
you in the yellow Ferrari a bit later ), fortunately this was a fun race. However these things
can happen in real life. Saw myself many times cars that just don't start or have problems
to engage 1st gear. Anyway, deep apologies Geoffers.  Embarrassed

This incident had put me on 17th place. My thoughts were, i am here to have fun,
lets have it.  Cheesy

On 2nd lap Tibernius Cobra spun into the grass and then back on track and i with cars all over
the place just couldn't avoid to hit you, with wet track and running on 175 km/h on that
track section if i tried to break or doing a too fast manouver with the wheel i could create
a carnage there. So i met your right side just in the middle...BANG...and into the grass i went.
Down to 22th place now.... eek

After this i thought, i am here to have fun, lets have it. I'm havin a words dejá vue  lol

I was having so much fun that everything went well untill the end.
Had some good fights, first with Samb and then with Goldtop and finaly with Blunder.
All clean and fair and very enjoyable.  yes
Pit stop went well and by then i was in top 5, managed to finished in 3rd in my Team Prodigy
debut as a driver which made me very happy.

Congrats to TT, great race from you. And to Lazlow for the 2nd place.

P&G it's so awesome and lovely. I could drive for all night.  Grin
I Loved the changeable weather.

Well done Mr. Legzy, very good car/track/weather combo.  laugh

Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
[POOdle]Keith
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:21 AM +0100 »

Before the event started I was have still having down shift problems from previous races – change down one gear - sometimes it will take two gears or not change all. With that in mind I selected the GT350 – robust engine, evenly spaced gears (unlike L72 Corvette)…fairly stable car.
Quali went OK – just needed to learn the track layout and whether conditions – I was happy with P9.
I didn’t have the best opening laps, took it easy - had some paint swapping moments - was tricky keeping my eyes on the other cars, my car, the track and the gear number on the HUD.  Following laps I was around P11’ish  battling with two 275 Ferrari’s amongst other cars –  I was actually going to pit very early but was having fun, therefore kept out  Grin  When I finally did pit – it took just over 40 seconds…but I didn’t have pit limit button setup – so was pretty slow driving in.
Had a very poor out lap – but slowing picked up positions due to others crashing out – or taking there pit stops.
Then came Matt – and it all became hard work Wink  I had the faster car for sure! – but that Falcon was quicker in a straight line. I could catch Matt on the corners but that was very dependant on having good down shifts – sometimes I was going down from 4th (6000rpm’ish) to 2nd….when I so badly need 3rd! arhhhhh Shocked  Matt did a great job….and held on to 4th position – good skills dude.

Overall it was good fun – good turnout with 23 starters – I enjoyed the track and changing weather.

Grats to podium (& Matt in the Falcon)

I’m off to reinstall GTR2/PnG2 – perhaps my downing problem is software related. Fingers crossed.

*edit : just seen Samb's apology, no worries - can hardly remember what happened, no big deal.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:57:07 AM +0100 by [POOdle]Keith » Logged
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:31 AM +0100 »

Qualified at 13th and when the red lights went on, i steped on the throtle....but....
nothing....no engine.... Shocked then, my mind worked at 300 miles per hour and came to me
that i was typing on grid. Did i switched off the engine? Only could be that!!!!!!

You drive with the sound switched off then?  shifty

Well done Mr. Legzy, very good car/track/weather combo.

Yes, I agree.  Cool   Seems like I took the right car. Not only was Fezza the fastest within my group but it also felt the only real racing car there.  Tongue
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:14 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed this one more than the last, but suffered the same dump pitstop errors.
started with 32 laps fuel, intending to take only tyres, had some fun, almost keeping pace with MADD and Lazlow
went in, asked for no fuel, and got the setup amount- another 32 laps worth! left pits with 13 laps to go, and 38 laps fuel
wasted 30 secs in pits, and was 2 secs slower after stop! argghh, still good fun trying to stop Keith from getting past
with my 5 ton car ;-)

Matt, when you pit and the pit options shows, you must select the fuel option and
using your left arrow key (or whatever you have for that) press it untill you have
0 (zero) liters/gallons of fuel to add. Or by default it will add you what you have
in the garage setup (if you didn't changed it).
Example: if in the garage menu under fuel strategy you select the pit stop strategy
to 0 or 1 and before you don't slide the ammount of fuel to 0, when you pit
you have the ammount you had by default. Oh dear this is more easy to explain in portuguese.  Roll Eyes

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 10:54:59 AM +0100 »

Too bad we're not scoring team points yet in this season.  angel  MJ - race 3 is your turn.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:06:36 PM +0100 by Truetom » Logged
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:25 AM +0100 »

You drive with the sound switched off then?  shifty

Well done Mr. Legzy, very good car/track/weather combo.

LOL....as i was typing and looking to those lovely cars on grid my engine was in idle mode,
with the cars around reving i just didn't realise that my engine was not working.
Just for curiosity, i use a headset with a nice sound quality, very clean and all around sounds.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 11:04:12 AM +0100 »

That was great fun, even though I was a long way behind most of the race.

A got away quite well but PR in front didn't move Shocked & I ran into the back of him. Not your fault PR, I forgot the golden rule at the start, 'always assume the car in front isn't going to move'. This left me in last place but I moved up a couple of places on lap 1 with people having 'offs'. Apologies to Alex who I lightly bumped a couple of times, got caught out by the Elan's better brakes  Roll Eyes.

On lap 3 Tim had spun his Cobra at Druids & as I came over the brow he was spinning the car back straight, unfortunately right into my path  Shocked. No worries Tim, it was difficult to see if anyone was approaching at that part of the track. Car was badly damaged so I came in for my pitstop & got the car repaired which cost over a lap. The rest of the race was then just a matter of seeing if I could catch the back of the field. I lapped pretty consistently for the rest of the race & was not that much slower than the leaders who I could see every time I came out of the Shell Hairpin as they were entering Island.

Congrats to TT, Lazlow & PR.

Hope to be able to join the regular P&G season when it starts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com