by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:22:44 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 8 GT Classics Cup - Round 3 - Adelaide (GP), Australia - Jul 23rd  (Read 6562 times)
Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:09 AM +0100 »

I'm not quite sure if it helps, but, try to delete the track and the HAT file of the track
and reinstall it.

Thanks for that PR. The deinstaller.exe for this track, which I have been using between reloads, does remove this file. I finally got it working consistently last night by reducing the number of cars. Not sure if it's a problem with the track or my PC not being up to the job.

Thanks also for the SimBin/10Tacle update.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:03:16 PM +0100 by Phil Gilliland » Logged
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 12:14:40 PM +0100 »

Well that's good news that it's in hand at least - cheers for that PR.

Seriously annoying to think it's probably a bill for about £3 that's ruined hundreds of people's racing fun over the last week or so but at least we know what's going on.

If it's possible and not a shedload of work - I think we should sort a way of connecting directly anyway - think I'm right in saying most of us have dedicated installs for UKGTL so it's a no-brainer on that front at least.
dynosaur

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 12:29:57 PM +0100 »

So it seems tonights race is cancelled unless a miracle happens? Or some of you smart people manage to find another way to organize the race maybe.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:38:30 PM +0100 by dynosaur » Logged
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 12:31:40 PM +0100 »

Hmmmm...I have no dedicated installation and I only arrive home near 20.00 BST.
I'm affraid as a no-expert PC guy (noob to be honest) I might not be able to join (or brake PC)
in time to race.  Tongue

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 06:45:41 PM +0100 »

Attention

This event has been postponed until July 23rd

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:23 PM +0100 »

That's a shame about letting their domain name lapse! They should be able to get it back fairly quick though in my experience.

I have used Hamachi before for GTL when the lobby was down a few years back (!). It worked great and it's very easy to set up and get going as far as I remember so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

If I get the chance I will look into it again and write up a step-by-step and post it here for others to add their comments, refinements, tips etc. to the process.

I'm gonna give P&G a swerver tonight as I don't have it installed yet so don;t want to go in until I have tested it at least.

See you soon Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 07:35:45 PM +0100 »

I'm gonna give P&G a swerver tonight as I don't have it installed yet so don;t want to go in until I have tested it at least.
See you soon Wink

You are missing out on some lovely Ferraris to drive Mark  Cool  Get it installed sharpish !  Smiley

Spadowski

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 09:22:02 PM +0100 »

Well aren't I lucky. We're moved in, I come to check the results and find out I've not missed a thing. YAY!

Though sorry for all you who missed out on a race today.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 09:56:32 PM +0100 »

We decided to cancel the race as you weren't able to make it Spad. July 23rd ok for you?

But you missed a fab P&G race at Brands Hatch
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:17:49 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

dynosaur

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 07:35:19 AM +0100 »

You´re gonna have to cancel the rest of the July because I´m away the next three weeks  Grin
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 08:54:59 AM +0100 »

I have used Hamachi before for GTL when the lobby was down a few years back (!). It worked great and it's very easy to set up and get going as far as I remember so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

We're looking at a different solution to the missing lobby. Isn't Hamachi a private LAN over the Internet? I'd be a little concerned letting my computer partake in a network of computers I don't know without extra firewall security etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com