by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 06:11:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 8 GT Classics Cup - Round 3 - Adelaide (GP), Australia - Jul 23rd  (Read 6637 times)
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 09:52:59 PM +0100 »

Is there a way of connecting directly to the server bypassing the lobby if the lobby is down for a while?  I came across this:-

http://www.altbierbude.de/donate/dip.html

..which looks to allow connecting to an external server as though it's on the LAN.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 09:56:18 PM +0100 »

Yeah, other sites call it the anti-deco patch. But it seems to cause problems for users when the server returns?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:51 AM +0100 »

Will this event be postponed? If it is I might choose not to drive home tommorow night.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 12:46:52 PM +0100 »

Ok starting to panic now chaps! Really want to race this track online!

Does anyone know enough about using Hamachi to get around this that perhaps there's hope even if the lobby doesn't return?

I know it can be used to simulate a LAN but had a look last night and I'll be damned if I can find the articles on just how that would work for us and GTL's IP connect.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 03:57:58 PM +0100 »

Tony's just emailed me to ask that I let everyone know he'll be posting a statement at about 7pm 'ish on how we're going to go about getting our Thursday fix of rubber burning....
Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:20 PM +0100 »

I have a problem with this track. I'm getting CTD's regularly after anywhere between 1 and 20 laps. I've tested extensively today, leaving it running AI races here, at Hockenheim and at Silverstone. Same cars each time - all GTC76 plus the mini, including the 1310 but minus the two dodgy ones. Hock ran 63 laps and Silverstone 50 without a problem. Back to Adelaide and it crashed within 5 laps. Naturally I've tried reloading this track.
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 06:12:17 PM +0100 »

I have a problem with this track. I'm getting CTD's regularly after anywhere between 1 and 20 laps. I've tested extensively today, leaving it running AI races here, at Hockenheim and at Silverstone. Same cars each time - all GTC76 plus the mini, including the 1310 but minus the two dodgy ones. Hock ran 63 laps and Silverstone 50 without a problem. Back to Adelaide and it crashed within 5 laps. Naturally I've tried reloading this track.

I'm not quite sure if it helps, but, try to delete the track and the HAT file of the track
and reinstall it.

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 07:11:25 PM +0100 »

GTL Lobby

As you may be aware, for the past few days, the GTL lobby has been down. We currently do not know if this is a short term or permanent situation.
Although we are aware of available software workarounds, we feel that without the time to test their effectiveness, and mode of operation, and as time is short before the next GTL event is due to be run, we would probably not be able to arrange everything necessary in time.

Therefore if at 18:00 hrs BST Thursday 9th July the GTL lobby is still unavailable, this GTL event will be cancelled and an alternative P&G Fun race will be held.
I will shortly setup the P&G Fun race and post the details.
We are sorry that we have to take this action but we have waited as long as we could for the GTL Lobby to return.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:31:35 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 07:16:57 PM +0100 »

Thanks for keeping us informed on this Tony. I've just been trying to connect to a GTR2 event and it looks like there is a similar problem; ie no list of events when entering the lobby Sad

Anyone else having difficulties?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
dynosaur

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 08:20:28 PM +0100 »

GTL lobby doesn´t work, but GTR2 does, i checked just minutes ago.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 08:26:54 PM +0100 »

Therefore if at 18:00 hrs BST Thursday 9th July the GTL lobby is still unavailable, this GTL event will be cancelled and an alternative P&G Fun race will be held.
We are sorry that we have to take this action but we have waited as long as we could for the GTL Lobby to return.

Thanks Tony. Good idea.

You should apply for a job with the FIA..

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 10:05:53 PM +0100 »

GTL lobby doesn´t work, but GTR2 does, i checked just minutes ago.

Yes, GTR2 is up again, but I lost my 7.30 race at R2P Sad

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony. Good idea.

You should apply for a job with the FIA..

Boss Tony for Bernie's place!  Wink

Oilseal

Oilseal - Team Oldie Racing

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 10:26:21 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony. Good idea.

You should apply for a job with the FIA.

Yea Tone and if you leave us we'll have a whipround

Ta daaa. And they say vaudeville is dead. I dint know how I do it, it must be a gift

LOL

Oilseal
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 10:07:15 AM +0100 »

This is what I just read in Racedepartment site.

Quote:
The GT Legends lobby system is down as most of you will know. The reason is that a formerly 10Tacle owned domain name integral to the service was discontinued the other day after obviously not being paid by the now defunct 10Tacle company..

SimBin are now in the process of buying the domain name to get the lobby up and running again. If things go smooth it should be back in a matter of a few days... but if the URL can for some reason not be purchased then a patch has to be made instead in order to keep GTL alive, and that will take more time. SimBin are commited to seeing this situation through and make GTL available online again, but there are no official timelines on the matter.
Unquote

Undecided

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com