The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 12:02:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • 24H of Le Mans: June 13, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 Hours of Le Mans  (Read 4894 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:41:06 PM +0100 »

It's the mother and father of all endurance races and it's nearly upon us again. If the Audi R15s are reliable I rather fancy they will whoop everybody's wrasse. Angry

In the meantime enjoy the 24 Hours of LeMons. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:02:49 PM +0100 »

anyone else here going this year?

I am, cannot flipping wait, already excited like a schoolboy  Grin

You driving there in group C this year Andy? Will saunter over with a cool beer and give you some tips  Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:36:27 AM +0100 »

ProDrive have brought their Gulf-liveried DBR9 GT1 from Le Mans here today; it's in the foyer of the Ford Technical Research Centre. I only happened to spot it this morning when I went over there to have my access card unexpired. Very nice it looks too.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:30:08 PM +0100 »

Really looking forward to this as ever. There is always some story in the field somewhere to focus on, will it be audi or pugeot, again? Last hurrarh for the GT1's (big shame) and Fezza vs Porka again in GT2. Must be the biggest prototype field ever? over 30 of them.

Oh, looks i wont be in the GTL test race then on thursday then. I guess i'm the only one that doesnt like the gulf livery on the Astons? Clearly not the same colours as the olden days and too pale.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:51:39 AM +0100 »

First practise starts tomorrow at 5pm on Eurosport UK  Cool

Qually is on thursday evening about 7.30pm i think  Smiley

My 911 chariot is ready to roll. Not sleeping very well this week so far...wonder why?!   thumbup1

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:26:18 PM +0100 »

Shouldn't you be there already, MJ?

yep, practise is 5pm till 11pm but eurosport only showing up til 9pm it seems.

Thursday qually times, 6pm - 8pm and 9pm - 11pm (Err UK times)

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:58 PM +0100 »

leaving very early friday Spanner. With my current dire work situation for this year i couldnt afford to take more days off than necessary. Sad

I've got a reserved pitch so all should be dandy  Smiley Its gonna be a great adventure ! Am really looking forward to heading down in the convoys of like minded petrol heads in every sports car known to man  Cool ...dodging greedy Gendarmes looking to finance their summer holidays Tongue

Will be waving the flag for Aston Martin as well as Porsche    it will be mega if an Aston can grab a good qually spot to mix it with the coal burners up front, but i think there are 4 or 5 audis and 4 peugeouts entered !! Shocked Anyone would think they are both determined to win it  Roll Eyes

10 F430's v 4 997RSRs in GT2...tough odds  Shocked

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:59:35 PM +0100 »

leaving very early friday Spanner. With my current dire work situation for this year i couldnt afford to take more days off than necessary. Sad

I've got a reserved pitch so all should be dandy  Smiley Its gonna be a great adventure ! Am really looking forward to heading down in the convoys of like minded petrol heads in every sports car known to man  Cool ...dodging greedy Gendarmes looking to finance their summer holidays Tongue

Will be waving the flag for Aston Martin as well as Porsche    it will be mega if an Aston can grab a good qually spot to mix it with the coal burners up front, but i think there are 4 or 5 audis and 4 peugeouts entered !! Shocked Anyone would think they are both determined to win it  Roll Eyes

10 F430's v 4 997RSRs in GT2...tough odds  Shocked

Have fun MJ!

Le Mans is still on my top 10 list of things-to-do (so I'm a bit jealous)

Say hello to the two dutch guys who drive for Aston this year  Wink
... and who knows? the last time they stuck a dutch guy in a british racing monster it turned out well  Grin

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:01:41 PM +0100 »

Oh OK, not one of those that drinks their way through the whole week then? race? what race! lol

Grr.., I envy you MJ. Have fun Smiley

Hmm.. thought more porka's were in due to people dropping out. Lets hope they dont take each other off then like last year :'(

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:51 PM +0100 »

Try and enjoy your trip MJ Wink I've been booking up my Spa trip today so I'll only be jealous for a wee while. Some photos would be nice.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:34:15 PM +0100 »

thanks all, i am very excited !  Its on my 'lifes things to do list' and one i am very eager to fullfill   Cool

I hope to take many good pictures though i am a total amatuer when it comes to photography. Got the kit just not the know how! Embarrassed

What spa trip are you doing Ginsters? The 24hr one ?

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:37 PM +0100 »

What spa trip are you doing Ginsters? The 24hr one ?

Yep this one http://www.total24hours.com/24h/index.html#/en/counter/

I've been rather put off Lemans by reports, probably exaggerated, of rather thuggish (spinning cars into tents etc. (probably 911 owners Wink) behaviour of some punters and I'm all for the quieter life at the Spa event. Also a damn site cheaper. I'd appreciate you putting me straight as Lemans is something we should all probably do  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:40:19 PM +0100 »

Yeah Spa is also on my to-do list, both driving on it and going to see the GT's and/or F1 racing there. Awesome place.  Cool

I've heard some negative comments about Le Mans but i guess with 250,000 people descending onto a race track there will always be a handful of numpties trying to ruin it for others. Worst i heard was of scroats who line certain roads and kick cars if they dont perform burn outs etc or spraying urine filled water pistols into open top ferraris etc. They must be just real low life local chavs who are not petrol head motorsport fans at all, just envious d*ck heads. Hope the special militia gendarmes give them a good kicking  Angry

Pretty sure we will have a top old time soaking the place up  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 09:46:26 AM +0100 »

Great program showing all this week on Motors TV called 'Le Mans - a century of passion'. Its got great footage in it from over the years  Cool

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 06:08:01 PM +0100 »

Wish Eurosport didnt fix the transmission to 4:3. Cant even force it to stretch to 16:9 Angry

Looked like a big off that delayed the start of qually tonight.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com