Quarterly cost: �0

April 20, 2024, 12:59:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17D1 Jarama: June 07, 2009
June 07, 2009, 09:37:17 PM +0100 - Jarama - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 2 +2.715
84.730mph
1 50:36.938
82.645mph
33 1:30.272
84.253mph
Firestone  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 5 +3.134
84.336mph
2 +4.457
82.524mph
33 1:29.903
84.599mph
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 6 +4.096
83.446mph
3 +1:04.257
80.932mph
33 1:32.121
82.562mph
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth

BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +4.962
82.660mph
4 +1:31.374
80.231mph
33 1:32.722
82.026mph
Goodyear  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 10 +7.516
80.428mph
5 +1L
79.514mph
32 1:33.230
81.580mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 8 +5.136
82.504mph
6 +13.045
79.177mph
32 1:31.164
83.428mph
Firestone  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 9 +5.910
81.817mph
7 +12L
76.150mph
21 1:33.408
81.424mph
accident
Firestone  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 4 +2.925
84.532mph
8 +20L
80.558mph
13 1:30.764
83.796mph
Disco
Firestone  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:27.049
87.372mph
9 +31L
82.206mph
2 1:29.777
84.717mph
Disco
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 11 +12.129
76.687mph
10 +24.710
72.522mph
2 1:39.020
76.809mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Ken Murray
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 3 +2.878
84.576mph
11 +33L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Division 1's visit to Jarama produced an upturn in the local scrap metal economy as several of the usual fast suspects again produced DNF's. Once again those drivers who showed consistant pace and tenacity were rewarded. Some other unfortunates suffered disco's, but enough of the unfairness of life in GPL.

The Division 1 title is still in the balance with 3 races to go and with two results to be dropped, things are getting very interesting at the top.

Although there were a couple of incidents and one was reported by a couple of very honest participants, there was no call for public floggings or retribution. So the result stands as posted and we move on to Moody Mosport.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1 - Jarama - Jun 7  (Read 8361 times)
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 05:08:35 PM +0100 »

We can't have Bernie missing out at Jarama, none of his fans would show up...

I've uploaded the lighter asphalt.zip to SRMZ here: http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=1364&pid=32932&mode=threaded&start=#entry32932 Just wodge it in, that's simple, should work....
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 05:27:27 PM +0100 »

So, on the basis that the suspension and handling of a VW Polo is ideal, how do I set up my Honda to drive like a Polo???  Roll Eyes

Answers please on 27 sheets of A4 with diagrams and calculations of dynamic loading.  Undecided

Looks like the Glutbucket pit crew will be burning some midnight oil and we may even need to use Mabel's suspenders, instead of springs, on the front end to soften the ride. Grin Shocked

Wish I had the answer, Clive, but as you know I rarely practice. If I do before tomorrow I'll upload some of the setup work and link you.
What have I said about being cocky?

Unlikely I'll make this, as I have friends round and probably will still be recovering. Still a good way to ease the muscles though.

You have a weird understanding of the meaning of cocky. Smiley I was merely stating a fact, wasn't I... it's your perception that bends things apparently.  Roll Eyes

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 09:36:40 PM +0100 »

We can't have Bernie missing out at Jarama, none of his fans would show up...

I've uploaded the lighter asphalt.zip to SRMZ here: http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=1364&pid=32932&mode=threaded&start=#entry32932 Just wodge it in, that's simple, should work....

Gracias  Wink

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 04:02:07 PM +0100 »

Fact it may be, still cocky though. Wink

Won't be doing this one, going to a friends to help her through a tough time. Poor girl's in a wheelchair 'cos her hip keeps popping out. She needs surgery but the docs won't refer her. Sad

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 04:09:01 PM +0100 »

Won't be doing this one, going to a friends to help her through a tough time. Poor girl's in a wheelchair 'cos her hip keeps popping out. She needs surgery but the docs won't refer her. Sad

I'm not cocky though, even if I give that impression. Smiley

Sorry to hear about your friend, good luck with her surgery, keep pressing on the doctors. I been dealing with them all my life and you have to keep bugging sometimes, or just look elsewhere.

For the others - I found some track updates that make the track look real nice and easy on the eyes, I uploaded them at my blog:

http://racingleague.co.cc/GPL-stuff/jarama-track-updates/Jarama_bs.zip - this updates the distance signs I think.

http://racingleague.co.cc/GPL-stuff/jarama-track-updates/tarmac_patch_Jarama.rar - this updates tarmac, concrete and other textures.

Wazas, check your pms for more. Wink

Good luck all in the race,

-=Hristo=-

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 07:30:11 PM +0100 »

Please note the race will be hosted on ukgpl.6, still on VROC
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:39 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear about your friend, good luck with her surgery, keep pressing on the doctors. I been dealing with them all my life and you have to keep bugging sometimes, or just look elsewhere.

For the others - I found some track updates that make the track look real nice and easy on the eyes, I uploaded them at my blog:

http://racingleague.co.cc/GPL-stuff/jarama-track-updates/Jarama_bs.zip - this updates the distance signs I think.

http://racingleague.co.cc/GPL-stuff/jarama-track-updates/tarmac_patch_Jarama.rar - this updates tarmac, concrete and other textures.

-=Hristo=-

Those links don't seem to take me where they should Hristo?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:32 PM +0100 »

-=Hristo=-

Those links don't seem to take me where they should Hristo?!

You are right, it's because of the files having space, doh. Just click them from here:

http://racingleague.co.cc/GPL-stuff/jarama-track-updates/

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:55 PM +0100 »

Lol, that was the most stupid mistake one could do. I mistook a corner for another one and braked too late. Ended up in the wall, ripping off my FL wheel.  Roll Eyes

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 09:50:02 PM +0100 »

Disaster at jarama

phone call followed by black screen followed by dark thud followed by race over , upto then I was sitting pretty in P6  Cheesy

not sorry to get away from sprogland  Roll Eyes

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 10:11:31 PM +0100 »

Wazas were looking good on the grid and I got a fair start tried to keep wide in T1 but someone tapped my rear wheel and I ended up on the grass...last place  Undecided

set off after the pack and was fortunate that several cars threw themselves into grass cutting mode and let me pass.
Until I caught James and his BRM in 3rd place. Although I was quicker, this circuit offers only one good overtaking spot at T1 and I had to get the right entry onto the straight to attempt a clean pass. A couple of times I could have tried but backed off. James was always late on the brakes and just about holding it through T1 and T2 .

After several laps of cat and mouse, trying different lines around corners to try and open a passing opportunity,  I had to dive onto the grass to avoid rear ending James when he braked a little earlier than usual and I dropped some 7 secs behind, I caught him again over the next three laps and this time he made a small mistake on the last corner which was the chance I needed and I was through.

Woohoo!! 3rd spot, now all I had to do was put the hammer down and build a big enough gap for my SnG which judging by my lap times I felt I could do.

Then just as I was getting all confident, I caught Bernie's disease and the screen froze!!!  cursing  race over!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 10:37:00 PM +0100 »

Will post a more complete report later, but that was the most fun I've ever had playing GPL, thanks to EvilClive. We had a great battle and it was fair too  Smiley, I saw you disappear and was gutted for you. I knew you had to do a SNG and it would've been fun to see who came out on top.

So much tyre smoke came off my front tyres as I battled to stop you getting by. That was great! although you were sooooo much faster than me!

I'm knackered after that race, it took such concerntration... I made a couple of minor errors and got a terrible start. But didn't spin once!

See you all at the next one... Wink

Ryeman

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 11:09:45 PM +0100 »

That race was bloody hard work! My race involved a race long battle with Tim, 4 spins and a bit of a missed opportunity. Think I qualified 5th, made an okay start and was up to 3rd by the second corner following H and Tim. A few laps later I saw H next to the armco with a wheel missing and so me and Tim battled for the lead, which seemed to last forever.

I had the superior pace to start with, but decided to spin off on the lap I overtook Tim, and began to chase him again, then spun again  Grin. When Tim took his stop n go, I resumed the lead again. Either I slowed down, or Tim strapped a rocket to his Honda while pitting as he was crawling all over the back of me, however, with Jarama being Jarama, he was unable to pass me. After a short while a Ferrari spun in front of me, I slowed and Tim took advantage (the wily sod!  Grin) and we were side by side for the rest of the lap. I think Tim overtook me but to honest I can't remember, the race really was that hectic!

What I do remember is that I spun with 7 laps to go in the lead, and Tim passed me. Not wanting to lose the race, I put the hammer down and was right up Tim's gearbox again with 2 laps to go. On the last lap, going up the hill, Tim missed a gear and took and unusual line through the right hander. It was enough for me to lose concentration and lose the back end, handing the win to Tim  :'(. Shame my inconsistency has cost me again.

With a few races left, I doubt i'll be able to beat Tim to the title unless he stops being so bloody consistent!  Smiley At least Reed had a good race, closing the gap down to the Wazas, though Loot was not at all pleased at my inconsistency and nabbed my champagne on the the podium. Well, it's not over till it's over  angel.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:15:08 PM +0100 by Samb » Logged
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:20 PM +0100 »

As promised...a more complete rundown of the race (for those who are interested  Wink )

Qualifying went badly for me and I couldn't match my personal best of 1:30.5 and was more than half a second away from that time. Starting in P6, I proceeded to wheelspin off the line and the car jerked violently to the right. Fortunately, I didn't collect anyone. Thinking that I had blown the start, I headed cautiously into T1, where there was some sort of accident. Someone was flying through the air (in typical GPL crash physics display) and I was lucky to avoid a crash.

I passed a Ferrari on the outside of the tight left-hander to occupy 3rd place. Said Ferrari kept up with me for a lap or two and then I saw him spear to one side coming onto the main straight. The pressure seemed to be off and I was maintaining the gap to P2. Out of nowhere the Honda of EvilClive closed incredibly quickly and I was soon under attack for P3.

I was reluctant to let him by (I wanted a podium  Grin ) even though I was compromising my lines a bit and therefore running slower laptimes. Every lap the Honda tried to pass down the main straight, but somehow the BRM held him off. This was a great battle that I enjoyed a lot  Smiley it shows how hard it is to pass here, I think that you could overtake someone under the tunnel, but the Honda was slower than me here. The Honda suddenly disappeared and I thought he must have had an accident, watching the replay it seems that I inadvertently brake tested him as I was sticking rigidly to the inside of the turns and was therefore braking a bit earlier....sorry about that.

Still, EvilClive fought back extremely quickly and I went a bit wide on the corner to the main straight and he got the move done. I tried to tuck in behind for a re-pass, but the Honda was away. I actually set my best lap of the race trying to keep up with the Honda driver who sadly suffered a DISCO. This was a shame because I was looking forward to seeing if I could re-take the position as he had to do a SNG.

Realisation dawned that if I wanted more than P3 then I would have to pull my finger out and I tried to lap a bit faster. This was a mistake and I almost slid into the wall at T1 and then again at T2. So I settled into lapping at a comfortable pace and the last 2 laps were like slowdown laps (1:36's) as I really wanted to see the chequered flag. Also I had filled up for 39 laps but the car started to run out of fuel as I crossed the finish line.

It was a knackering race and I was very happy to see the finish line. I could not get the full lap time potential out of the car, which was a bit frustrating as I had been quicker in the Clubmans race. Still, this was my favourite race so far thanks to the Honda duel and I was very proud not to have a spin. I must say that the Hondas whilst quick look to be a right handful and at times I think that Evil Clive would have been able to pass me if the car was not so quick to oversteer.

Essay complete....

James
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 02:31:01 PM +0100 »

Following James' example, a bit more on my (short) race:

Qualifying went as expected, although I didn't expect to put such gap back to 2nd, but a PB (by far) did that as a result. Guess you are allowed to have such laps sometimes, laps that you don't repeat.

I had to win to keep my championship hopes alive and rely on Tim having a misfortune. He started 2nd though and nearly passed me going into T1, but I managed to hold him off by keeping the inside.

I really liked the feeling of the car, the setup seemed to have been working great, but I was cautious not to stress the engine too early, so that meant Tim managed to keep up and not fall back in the early laps.

I had left some Pribluda bars running from qualifying and wanted to turn them off, so I chose to do that going up the hill, just after the fast left there. Hit F5 to turn the sector times, then because of serious lack of concentration I was under the impression that it was the end of the lap, approaching the slow right that follows the uphil left hand hairpin.

You know the sections are similar, except in speed and distance, lol. So instead of braking at around 75 meter mark to make the actual righthander I started braking at the 50 mark which is normally where I brake of that other corner.

That woke me up as I saw the road drift away or rather, my car, and the wall approaching too quickly. It felt like it was happening in slow motion but I couldn't slow down fast enough to avoid collision. The contact ripped off the front left wheel and that was it, championship chances gone!  Roll Eyes

From now on I got to help Waza in the team title run. Grats to Tim on another step taken towards his well deserved D1 championship.

-=Hristo=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com