Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 12:01:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U10 Skin Test: July 05, 2009
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 10 skin test - Donington National - Jul 5  (Read 4804 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:23 PM +0100 »

LOL.

The only thing that could get me race ready in that time is more beer. Hair of the dog is not a good prospect at the moment. nuke

Enjoy the race all. Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Jorgen Wahlby

Atomic logo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:07:40 PM +0100 »

Verdamnt... I will not be able to download the pack in time for the race. I Still have 45% left.. :'(

Well well.. there will be another time  angel

"One goal, one passion... Atomic Motorsport"
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 10:08:03 PM +0100 »

Took the GTC Fezza, which is fun, to gauge if GTC vs GT2 would be good for me and there was no way I could keep up them. Waited for Lazlow after his s/g and ran outta fuel with 1 to go Smiley Not sure if its just that track but, the beamer has a fair advantage over the Fezza which is a shame.

Roll on S10 Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20:51 PM +0100 »

Replay and provisional results posted

LapChart

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 10:37:33 PM +0100 »

Didn't choose a car until 5 minutes before the race - decided to give the C6-R a go as I had a C5-R setup I could graft onto it. Couldn't really work the fronts properly but thanks to Picnic starting from the back it was just good enough for 3rd ahead of him, despite running off repeatedly in the opening laps with no idea what the car would be like on cold tyres, and later being too busy trying to adjust the brake balance and flash a "thank you" to a lapped car to actually notice the braking point for Goddards and running smack into the tyres. Shocked Roll Eyes

TT was very quick in the Gallardo - so quick, I suspect him of cheating in some way. Such as practicing. laugh Tongue

Not sure if its just that track but, the beamer has a fair advantage over the Fezza which is a shame.

Dono is definitely a power track - BMW loses out on fuel and tyre wear in Endurance.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 10:50:57 PM +0100 »

TT was very quick in the Gallardo - so quick, I suspect him of cheating in some way. Such as practicing. laugh Tongue

Lol, I did make some 30+ laps, though I got the setup about right in the last 5. Gallardo is rear happy and I had to set the front quite rigid or I was spinning the whole time. Roll Eyes  Also, the softs were ok, had tyre wear on front left just above 20. Fuel usage was about 1,80 l / lap. Smiley  How was Marcos, Pete?  angel
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:16 PM +0100 »

How was Marcos, Pete?

Being totally inept at setups I used the default with minor ratio changes to the gears. I generally found it fun, but I really wasn't pushing the tyres! Only had 6-7 wear on the rear meds after forty mins racing, tyre temps were almost always stuck in the 60° range.

When I first joined Dave asked on TeamSpeak if I'd be happy to try the Marcos, I said why not but it then turned out someone else had one so I switched to the TVR only for that person to change. So I returned to the Marcos and only just got back on the server, well qual was only 5 mins. All in all I had 5 laps practice in the car before the race and no qual time meant I spent the first few laps getting passed the GT2/GTC boys. I did my quickest lap 3 from the end, lap 35, so I guess there was room for improvement Wink With my 2nd division pace the Marcos wasn't that difficult. I suspect though if I was capable of pushing it closer to it's envelop it spit me off left, right and centre  Shocked

Actually this car has promise, my fastest lap being a second slower than Jose's, I wouldn't usually expect to be that close! Mind you it is only a short lap  :'(

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24:39 AM +0100 »

Chortle
I took Marcos, but was struggling to see the left kerbs, and got bored with running over the grass
trying to judge where the edges were. So burned it's plywood, and went for the Moggy.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Josè Arrogantio

Auto Avio Costruzioni

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 01:15:05 PM +0100 »

MC12
Laps of practice – about 100
Setup – Quite refined, don’t think I could make it better.
Best Eclectic Time – 1:02.271

LM600
Laps of practice – about 50
Setup – Not very refined, changed ride height, diffs and cooling ducts only.
Best Eclectic Time – 1:02.768

The MC12 seems less stable than the Marcos; it is a lot harder to save a slide in the MC12 and the Marcos is better over the kerbs.
Tyre wear was about the same in both cars despite the Marcos running on Softs and the MC12 on Meds. The LM600 could probably be on the pace of the MC12 with a bit more setup work. The lack of visibility is not such a big problem once you get in to a rhythm.

Afro
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 06:46:47 PM +0100 »

Just watching the replay, I'd forgotten about the moment on the second to last or so lap when Pete and I caught Matt Rowe and Fish Tail and we threaded out way through down Schwantz and into McLeans - great driving guys and Matt, you were unlucky to end up on the grass. Sad

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mcfids

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 06:50:57 PM +0100 »

Chose the Gallardo which I found to be a lot less erratic after the physic pack tweaks, although as TT said its a bit rear happy. I had a quick mess about with the default setup to sort out wing and gear ratios but that's all I had time for. It's a lot of fun to drive now IMO but it's not very forgiving when pushed - coppice was especially annoying as I spun for the nth time Smiley

and later being too busy trying to adjust the brake balance and flash a "thank you" to a lapped car to actually notice the braking point for Goddards and running smack into the tyres. Shocked Roll Eyes

That was me you were lapping and I remember thinking at the time 'Jeez, DG's got some serious anchors to start braking at that point...'    Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com