Quarterly cost: �0

April 19, 2024, 07:57:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17D1 Mosport: June 21, 2009
June 21, 2009, 09:39:48 PM +0100 - Mosport - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 1:20.743
---
1 49:57.617
---
36 1:21.548
---
Firestone  
Doni Yourth

BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +3.395
---
2 +1:12.740
---
36 1:24.255
---
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 4 +1.795
---
3 +1L
---
35 1:23.447
---
Goodyear  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 8 +5.034
---
4 +1:59.716
---
35 1:25.049
---
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +6.264
---
5 +2:00.772
---
35 1:25.621
---
Firestone  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 10 +5.316
---
6 +2L
---
34 1:26.296
---
Goodyear  
Will Tway
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 3 +1.578
---
7 +4L
---
32 1:22.566
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 9 +5.062
---
8 +12L
---
24 1:24.179
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +2.679
---
9 +36L
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
Samb
 Reed Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 6 +3.182
---
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 2 +0.750
---
11 DNS ---
---
Firestone  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 12 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

A clean race with no reported incidents.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Division 1 - Mosport - Jun 21  (Read 8354 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 06:15:09 AM +0100 »

Finally a victory, though the championship chances are just theoretical now. Shame to see Tim and Evil retire, they were in good position here. SHE should be pleased though, we have a good lead in both driver and team standings.  Grin

As for the race, I tried a totally different setup for the race, an untested one, but with promising behavior during qualifying. As it was, the setup cooked the tyres too much, but it also cooked all 4 tyres too much. So while the grip level became kinda weird, the balance remained just about the same, with slightly understeer in mid-corner. Tyre temps were as high as I ever seen though, LOL, reaching 150 C at one point.  Shocked

Anyway, I had an ok start (I don't even remember the last time I actually had a GOOD start) and as we entered T1 I kept around the outside to avoid any contact, but maintained the lead.

James was a threat with his BRM and without making any stops I had to put a good gap back to him, so I pushed as hard as I dared in the beginning, taking advantage of cooler tyres, but having to preserve the engine at the same time. Luckily my gearing made that easier and the oil temperature was within safe bounds even when I used the full revs of the Honda.

We had a misunderstanding with Dave and while I was planning to pass him on the s/f straight he wanted to let me through before the last turn, something I didn't expect. I hit him and he went off, losing two positions in the process.  Embarrassed

By the time I had to pit the gap to James was good enough and so I made my stop on the edge of pit window. Then just had to reach the finish, but that was easier said than done. Had to combat some fatigue issues that haunt me lately and also cope with the weird handling of the red hot rubber on the car.

Then came the moment that you were all looking for...  Cheesy ... I went off and it was a huge shunt, just after the jump. I touched the dirt after landing and couldn't brake much, therefore plunging straight off into the fence, though I managed to spin the car around so it would take the hit sideways. Did that help or not, no clue, but when I came to my senses after briefly blacking out  Grin I reversed back onto the track, crushing the curbing to pieces in the process, then set off to continue.

Surprisingly the car handling wasn't worse than before, so the damage was either minimal or it was mitigating the problems caused by the overheating tyres, lol. Either way, it worked and I could get to the end without more drama... well, except an off at T2, but I think that's just something I ALWAYS do when racing at Mosport. Got to hate that corner... but I won't! One Jethro is enough!  Cheesy

Grats to Doni for a surprising 2nd and James has to thank me for lapping 4th and beyond so he mantained his 3rd place.  Smiley Kidding though, great driving, James.

A tip for race fuel that I go by if I haven't tested and I don't know the consumption for a given track - put 1.4 more fuel if it's a BRM and Ferrari and 1.5 more if it's a Honda. Works most of the time and even if you finish with more fuel left, it's better than running out. Never go by what in-game car setup menu gives you as predicted laps for your fuel load, it's wrong for 90% of the tracks that exist for GPL. It only seems to work for Brabham really. And sometimes Lotus.  Roll Eyes

Grats,

-=Hristo=-

JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 08:45:29 AM +0100 »

My hat is off to you Hristo, incredible qualifying pace (faster than my best lotus time!). Fastest lap. Showboating crash. Race win.

Nicely done.  Smiley

I also hear that someone was using wifi for this race. I used wifi at the start of the season and it caused untold problems....from discos to cloaking fields that rendered me and other drivers invisible. I recomend an ethernet cable.

James
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 11:10:28 AM +0100 »

Hmmmm a lesson to be learned here. Undecided

I returned from my family visit at about 9p.m and by the time the car was unloaded..dogs fed...etc etc it was about 9:15, so there was still time to join the race Shocked).

However......

a) I was somewhat knackered......not a good way to start a race under any circumstances
b) I had only an old setup that was never very good when it was new!!
c) I did not have the IP so had to join via VROC.

Item a) I could live with by driving a conservative race and not at 100%

b) might prove a problem later in the race when tyre temps would prolly get into the infra red range ( as Hristo discovered)

c) was the fact that sealed my fate!!!  Because, as soon as I started to up the pace the steering becomes hyper sensitive and any slide puts the car beyond the range of any opposite lock correction available. Which is why several drivers saw me testing the scenery at various points on the circuit!!! until I quit out of sheer frustration.

I ONLY get this prob when I join via VROC.
Igor is perfect and joining Vroc races via an IP address is also fine, but I am really baffled by this problem.

If anyone can explain these symptoms I would love to hear from them!!

When I join through VROC my G25 loses all normal calibration.
I have a steering wheel that acts more like a switch.
 From centre position I have about 5 degrees of turn of wheel that gives an absolute max steering effect of about 20 degrees either way on the car ( a real problem at hairpins!!, at which point all FF disappears and the wheel becomes free with no further ff effect or steering until you return towards the centre. Within that limited working range of the wheel the force feedback feels like an overtightened bicycle chain, really notchy.

Which, of course, Grin Roll Eyes is why I did not win at Mosport.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Michael Turner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:50 AM +0100 »

I thought this was going to be another night of technical problems. All was going well in qualifying until I stopped to fill with race fuel at which point the sound became very weird - the engine sounded like a lawnmower on its last legs accompanied by a repetitive thudding sound. All very distracting. I tried quitting and rejoining but that didn't have the desired effect. Fortunately the performance of the car wasn't impaired and, bar a couple of offs, had an uneventful race crossing the line in fourth much to my surprise. This was due to the misfortunes of others rather than my own skills but quite pleasing nonetheless.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 11:46:44 AM +0100 »

c) I did not have the IP so had to join via VROC.
Can't really help with the VROC steering problem (my wheel is fine) but I did read something about ensuring you don't run the logitech profiler software.
For UKGPL.5 (Mike's server) you need to ping myjamesonline.net before the race. Instructions are here http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f38/how-ping-6108/ although there may be a better way I don't know of...
Doing that will give you the IP number which you can then use to bypass VROC.

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 12:37:23 PM +0100 »

I will double check the setting to override FF settings in VROC (if it is there, I know it is in iGOR).

Other than that, yes use the ip and not VROC.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 01:36:42 PM +0100 »

My hat is off to you Hristo, incredible qualifying pace (faster than my best lotus time!). Fastest lap. Showboating crash. Race win.

Nicely done.  Smiley

I also hear that someone was using wifi for this race. I used wifi at the start of the season and it caused untold problems....from discos to cloaking fields that rendered me and other drivers invisible. I recomend an ethernet cable.

James
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, however I'm not in the position to have one. I don't own the router nor have a cable long enough to make it worthwhile (20m at least), and my parents frowned upon having a network cable trailing around the house.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 01:45:49 PM +0100 »

Great fun Ryeman!!! Your great start forced me to hang outside on T1 and take P3. Had a great time chasing you down and yes that was an awkward moment when I hesitated on the pass...I still think if I'd gone for it, I would have ended up in the field of dreams....

After the Ryeman had a brief off which allowed me P2, I threw caution to the wind and gave it hell....after my 15 second pit, James was a good 15 seconds ahead but I was steadily gaining but spun on T3 and this put me too far behind with too few laps remaining. Like a fool, I decided to see if I could at least get a 21, and pushed it just a shade too hard over the hill before the HP and crashed and burned into the armco...losing a wheel and I think I was permanently embedded into it as well. Shocked

Despite my ending, it was great fun. Grats to the podium. A 20 in the Honda is just freaking phenomenal. WDH
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:37:44 AM +0100 by Will Tway » Logged

bound to cover just a little more ground
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 04:31:30 PM +0100 »

Last time here in the Coop I blew an engine to pieces , so mindful of that I went long and tall on the ratios , a bit too long and lost out on straighaway speed but at least finished the race with all the rods intact.
Was happy to be able to keep Jacko then Evil ( take that you swine ) at bay in spite of his best attention, at one point I had a mirror full of Honda's and thought Evil had found another gear then I noticed the blues waving and people shouting to move over for H on his merry way to victory  Smiley

Had a half decent scrap with Teamy Mike and we swopped places a few times , both times down to driver error with Mike winning the final set .

All in all I enjoyed some good racing on a track I once used to really loath and then hate but have recently began to enjoy , there are still places here were my raw talent (for lawn striping)  shines through

Overall Verdict , a few to many unforced errors  Roll Eyes
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 06:16:02 PM +0100 »

my parents frowned upon having a network cable trailing around the house.

Here's your answer Jethro.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ethernet+over+power&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3396838475&ref=pd_sl_407c5c801a_b

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 06:31:03 PM +0100 »

Prohibitively expensive at the moment (I have next to no money), but I'll consider it when I get my JSA through. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:00 PM +0100 »

Nah! Save yer money ...............

Get rid of yer parents  Grin

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:32 PM +0100 »

Nah! Save yer money ...............

Get rid of yer parents  Grin

Here at Hiki Waza we don't need any parents, we only need HER !!!  I Am Not Worthy

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:04 PM +0100 »

Bugger, forgot about this one!!!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:37 PM +0100 »

Bugger, forgot about this one!!!

Its an age thing  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print