Quarterly cost: �0

April 20, 2024, 03:33:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Da Monza: July 07, 2009
July 07, 2009, 09:41:51 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +0.994
---
1 1:02:22.063
---
38 1:37.065
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.055
---
2 +0.036
---
38 1:36.598
---
Goodyear  
john roberts

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:36.780
---
3 +21.164
---
38 1:38.151
---
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +0.897
---
4 +31.463
---
38 1:37.832
---
Dunlop  
Jack O'Ferrall
 Reed Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +1.055
---
5 +1:03.220
---
38 1:39.042
---
Dunlop  
Dave Randall

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +0.768
---
6 +10L
---
28 1:37.882
---
Dunlop  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.654
---
7 +35L
---
3 1:39.333
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 3 +0.183
---
8 +0.031
---
3 1:39.552
---
Goodyear  
Geoff65
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +0.804
---
9 +38L
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.044
---
10 (+3)
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
6 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 11 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

The title for the best Brabham chassis lasted until the Lesmos on lap 1, but who was the aggressor and who was the victim?

John Roberts faced some stiff competition for the title all season long and had to finish on the podium to seal it following Fulvio's win.

Disappointingly there were only 10 entrants for the final round but the ranks will be swelled by 3 more Novices taking the plunge into Pro next season. I trust that all Amateurs will make them feel welcome.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m20s

Well, the incident that everybody was talking about did not get reported so according to the rules I will not moderate it.

I think it deserves a mention however, if only to say that perhaps Lap 1 at Monza under Pro rules presents far better overtaking opportunities than either of the Lesmos, whether on the inside or the outside.

Anybody attempting a pass here on either line must be sure to stick to their half of the track.

Perhaps next season the pass could be done on the many miles of straight, open road considering it was Lap 1.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m30s

Rejoined racing line in front of me, approx. 20mph under full race pace pace.

Geoff recovered from a spin at Lesmo 1 and exited Lesmo 2 at race speed. Hristo was recovering from a tangle with Fulvio and moved over to the racing line.

With damage to Hristo's car pulling it left or not, Geoff was clear in Hristo's mirrors and was always going to take the line he did.

Hristo should have kept right or allowed the track to clear before retaking the circuit and getting up to speed

Blatant Bad Rejoin

Penalty 2 places + 1 extra for a lap 1 incident.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Amateurs Trophy - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Jul 7  (Read 7598 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 03:07:51 PM +0100 »

I haven't seen this race replay (Monza) yet, but I was on the receiving end at Spa, like Hristo was here by the sounds of things. Smiley

I haven't watched it yet either Jethro so I won't comment.

No offense but it might be best if you didn't until you had watched it either.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks so much, Fulvio! Your reckless driving ended any small chances I had for challenging JR for the title. You sure know how to approach 1 hour races, risking so much on lap 1...  Roll Eyes

Now that is another day, can you gently explain to all what you mean for my reckless driving?

Poor Geoff is still trying to get out his Lotus from the bushes Wink

Ciao

You really didn't realize what you were doing if you are asking this. Let me tell you first of all, I eased off twice before and through Lesmo 1 so I don't put you at risk, then as you had a slower exit I took the inside line and passed you into Lesmo 2. But you went for the outside line and drove millimeters from my left wheels, a slight warp there would've ended it all. As lucky as we were to not have such, you kept pushing and clipped my rear on the exit, spinning me in the bushes and it was all over for me. The car got damaged both in that and in the following incidents with the unfortunate driver unable to avoid.

I call reckless someone who risks so much so early on in the race. It was lap 1, but you attacked as if the battle was for 1st on the last lap of the race. Fulvio, normally you drive fairly and we had some very good battles, but you were a bit too hot headed in this particular case. It's a shame to end the championship battle because of lack of patience.

Grats to John, well deserved Amateurs Champion! You sure have improved a lot, JR.  Smiley

LOL Hristo, till yesterday I thought that who attack was who try a pass.

Did you accuse me of reckless driving only cause I didn't open a wide door with a red carpet to let you pass at Lesmo2? Really I didn't expect you would have tried a pass there when Pod and me lifted a bit under yellow to not collect Geoff after his spun at Lesmo1. You ignored the yellow and when I realised you were beside me at Lesmo2 turn in point I did my best to not close the door, if I had lifted I would have surely spun. Infact we made the turn side by side but on exit you slightly came towards me instead to keep inside and we tangled tires spinning both, we were still side by side at the moment. Both of us ended in the right direction but you bogged your engine just in front of me and I touched you (absolutely unfortunate) so I restarted first. Till there nothing was compromised, as for mine and server report replays both of us didn't got any damage till there. The race was long and I managed to catch the leaders and even win, and so could have done you if you would have look at the mirrors before cut the track in front of Geoff.

Please guys let me know if I'm completely out of view on this one.
Ciao

I was attacking? Nonsense! You had a slow exit from Lesmo 1 (what yellow?!, definitely not in my view) and so I took the inside or I'd have had to hit the brakes behind you. You didn't open any door, I was already in front of you on the entry to Lesmo 2 and I stayed in front until the exit. You briefly lined up near the apex, almost hitting me on the outside (really left no additional space at all on the inside). If I wasn't leading how do you explain that you clipped my rear, spinning me in the bushes? I guess you didn't think that through.

Watch the replay if you don't believe me. I left you enough room on the exit and especially considering I was in front at that point, you could've merely lifted up a bit and use the tow to pass me on the next straight, instead of putting us both at risk. It would have been no problem whatsoever with your BT11 vs. my BT7...

Hristo I have enough to speak with my 19 years old son that never admit to be wrong and thinks that he has all the privileges and any obligation to continue this discussion.
I give you all the reasons but at least have the decency to apologize with Geoff...

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 06:17:52 PM +0100 »

When will the Server replay be available?

Cheers Mike
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 06:32:05 PM +0100 »

When will the Server replay be available?

Mike is yet available at the usual place Wink
http://www.jamesonline.net/ukgpl/

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 06:33:30 PM +0100 »

I haven't seen this race replay (Monza) yet, but I was on the receiving end at Spa, like Hristo was here by the sounds of things. Smiley

I haven't watched it yet either Jethro so I won't comment.

No offense but it might be best if you didn't until you had watched it either.
Unfortunately, til I get GPL installed again on another PC, I'm a bit stuck to watch said replay! Grin

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:21 PM +0100 »

OK thanks to Fulvio's link above to the server I think that you should all go and look at the server replay when viewed from the various in-car shots before commenting on this crash or linking it to any other crash.

It's not my job to moderate (Thank Heavens) nor to get involved in somebody else's incident discussions, but I would say before you make a remark, put yourself in the in-car of the other driver and see what he can see. Then look at the rules we race under in UKGPL and then apply them.

In racing we all have to make split second decisions, which are sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

Where we don't have to make split second decisions is posting here on this board.

The old addage of Count to 10 before you reply is one worth sticking to.

Cheers Mike
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 09:35:11 AM +0100 »

Hristo I have enough to speak with my 19 years old son that never admit to be wrong and thinks that he has all the privileges and any obligation to continue this discussion.
I give you all the reasons but at least have the decency to apologize with Geoff...

Fulvio, to me you're simply quitting a discussion that you can't win and turning to such silly attacks on a personal level. Let's keep it focused on racing, shall we? If you can't defend your case, just don't say anything.

-=Hristo=-

P.S. The only thing I did wrong was turning left after the incident and going into the path of Geoff (I assume), but as I stated above, the car was damaged and it wasn't intentional. And don't speak to me of excuses when you didn't offer a single one for what happened. Shows clearly who is it that doesn't admit to have done anything wrong.  Wink

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 10:39:55 AM +0100 »

I don't think we need another public argument in the forums, so unless somebody wants to submit the incident for moderation by ALL moderators I suggest we drop it and move on.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com